Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2019, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Betty, will Nadine and her husband go on a honeymoon in the future?
Probably next October when Nadine is off again. The big wedding will
Probably be Aug. 1st. We went wedding dress shopping today.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sara's High School Soccer Team

Last night they won their Quarter Final game 1-0 and now they are in the semis and if they win, it's the Finals for a State High School Championship. The Semis and Finals are played at US Bank Stadium (where the Minnesota Vikings play, voted best Stadium in the country this past year).

I am so excited for my Goddaughter. They really have a chance to win a State Championship! Two more games to go and she's going to have a blast playing at US Bank Stadium!

PS: They won their section to even get into the State Tournament in a Shoot Out and Sara was the last shooter... boom, perfect PK to win their section.
This is so Super!!
We’re you at the quarter final game, Michelle? That must have been thrilling!
Old 10-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Probably next October when Nadine is off again. The big wedding will
Probably be Aug. 1st. We went wedding dress shopping today.
Oh right, right! You have the big wedding to look forward to!

Do they know where they'd like to go on their honeymoon?

Fun! Did Nadine purchase a wedding dress or just superficially looking right now?
Old 10-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is so Super!!
We’re you at the quarter final game, Michelle? That must have been thrilling!
I was there.

I was at the game Sara won it for the team in the shoot out (Sections) and I was there last night when they won their Quarter Final game too. Semis is next Monday (US Bank Stadium) and the Final is next Thursday on Halloween (US Bank Stadium)!
Old 10-23-2019, 12:33 PM
Administrator

It was another beautiful day here so I went and visited my parents' grave and then I went for a nice walk in a park near their cemetery.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-24-2019, 04:21 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't want to interrupt your conversations, but I figured I should probably take the off-topic from the other threads to the off-topic thread.

Quote:
So...you're living in the UK now.
Yes, I've been living here for over 6 years now. I can't say I like it too much, though... especially with Brexit underway. It also ruined my accent. When I came here, everybody thought I was American, and I loved that... then, over the years it became Australian, briefly local... and now they think I'm Irish! So, yeah, got to experience social camouflage in action... and it sucks. Also, the people here are incredibly potty-mouthed, which was funny for the first 5 years, but now it's kind of starting to annoy me. BUT I got a great degree from a great university out of it that will probably give me a good chance at getting into the world's top ten when I'm ready to continue my studies, which I couldn't have done at home. And I got to put an ocean between myself and a lifetime worth of bad memories, so I suppose, overall, this has been good for me.

Quote:
So sorry about your health issues.

I am a Clinical Psychologist, working in research (at a University) and at times, teaching.

It's a wonderful field. I am sure you'll do great!
Thanks! It's fine at the moment... I'm hopeful.

That's so cool. What are your research interests?

Thanks, I really do hope so. I so desperately want to do clinical work in treatment facilities with children. In all the work I have done with children in the past, there's just something about the way they talk to me that... I don't know, I just get them. I don't get adults most of the time, because I'm probably totally on the spectrum, but children just make sense. I just love working with them. So, yeah, that is the dream.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)

Thanks, I really do hope so. I so desperately want to do clinical work in treatment facilities with children. In all the work I have done with children in the past, there's just something about the way they talk to me that... I don't know, I just get them. I don't get adults most of the time, because I'm probably totally on the spectrum, but children just make sense. I just love working with them. So, yeah, that is the dream.
My research area can be all over the map but mostly centers around Abnormal Psychology with an emphasis on Neuropsychology. I'm interested in studying the brain and neurobiological reasons for abnormal behavior such neurological trauma and other conditions.

Awe, your dream sounds amazing. Not everyone can work with children. It takes a special kind and you are it. If all goes well, how long do you think it will take to accomplish your dream?
Old 10-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Administrator

I'm home from New Jersey and there's a certain little girl who was overjoyed to see me! She smothered me with kisses, jumped up on me to say hello about 15 times, and she hasn't let me out of her sight since I got home!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
I don't want to interrupt your conversations, but I figured I should probably take the off-topic from the other threads to the off-topic thread.

Yes, I've been living here for over 6 years now. I can't say I like it too much, though... especially with Brexit underway. It also ruined my accent. When I came here, everybody thought I was American, and I loved that... then, over the years it became Australian, briefly local... and now they think I'm Irish! So, yeah, got to experience social camouflage in action... and it sucks. Also, the people here are incredibly potty-mouthed, which was funny for the first 5 years, but now it's kind of starting to annoy me. BUT I got a great degree from a great university out of it that will probably give me a good chance at getting into the world's top ten when I'm ready to continue my studies, which I couldn't have done at home. And I got to put an ocean between myself and a lifetime worth of bad memories, so I suppose, overall, this has been good for me.

It sounds like living in the UK was beneficial to you despite all the negatives. It’s fascinating how your accent has evolved. Believe it or not I’m in London right now with my daughter. Today we saw 2 plays: Hamilton & The Tina Turner Musical.

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 10-24-2019 at 03:20 PM
Old 10-25-2019, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I'm home from New Jersey and there's a certain little girl who was overjoyed to see me! She smothered me with kisses, jumped up on me to say hello about 15 times, and she hasn't let me out of her sight since I got home!
Cute!

Betty, hope you are enjoying London!
Old 10-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Cute!

Betty, hope you are enjoying London!
I only went for one night but it was jam packed with activity. Nadine is a good navigator and we were able to find our way around by traveling by subway (the tube) and lots of walking!
We saw Hamilton, The Tina Turner Musical, went to a pub and ate fish& Chips, and went to a charming tea shop and had High Tea.
Flight from the Netherlands was only 45 minutes.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I only went for one night but it was jam packed with activity. Nadine is a good navigator and we were able to find our way around by traveling by subway (the tube) and lots of walking!
We saw Hamilton, The Tina Turner Musical, went to a pub and ate fish& Chips, and went to a charming tea shop and had High Tea.
Flight from the Netherlands was only 45 minutes.
Sounds so great! Glad you had fun!

What will you guys be up to over the weekend?
Old 10-25-2019, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sounds so great! Glad you had fun!

What will you guys be up to over the weekend?
This weekend we want to do nothing because we’ve been running around a lot. Just some last minute shopping and probably out to dinner.
Old 10-26-2019, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This weekend we want to do nothing because we’ve been running around a lot. Just some last minute shopping and probably out to dinner.
Sounds like a plan.

I’m bad with time... when do you fly back home?
Old 10-26-2019, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty, did you see USWNT hired their Ellis replacement?

Posted on sports but since you’re out of the country/on vacation I want to make it easy for you to find. I’ll post information on this in a second.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-26-2019 at 02:03 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread