Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2019, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Thanks Michelle! Teresa made the costumes!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
She did?! Wow, Jerry, she did such a beautiful job. She's so talented!
Old 10-26-2019, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
She did?! Wow, Jerry, she did such a beautiful job. She's so talented!
Yes, she really is talented. Thanks so much Michelle!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Awe that sucks! Well... they will be here when you get home Monday.
Yes... i’ll Enjoy playing them when I get home .
Old 10-26-2019, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Teresa and I are at a Halloween Party as M&M's!

Make sure nobody eats you guys! Lol
Old 10-26-2019, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jerry, I'd be allergic to you...sorry
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-26-2019, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
She is amazing and talented, those are so good. I wish I had that kind of talent...and patience.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-27-2019, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, she really is talented. Thanks so much Michelle!
Hope you guys had fun!
Old 10-27-2019, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes... i’ll Enjoy playing them when I get home .
Yes!

When does your flight take off tomorrow?
Old 10-27-2019, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
Jerry, I'd be allergic to you...sorry
Are you allergic to peanuts?
Old 10-27-2019, 08:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
My research area can be all over the map but mostly centers around Abnormal Psychology with an emphasis on Neuropsychology. I'm interested in studying the brain and neurobiological reasons for abnormal behavior such neurological trauma and other conditions.
So interesting! My degree was actually quite heavy on the neuropsychology, but it wasn't a whole lot of fun because we were mostly looking at perception and memory - boring! Are you interested in any specific abnormal behaviours?

Quote:
Awe, your dream sounds amazing. Not everyone can work with children. It takes a special kind and you are it. If all goes well, how long do you think it will take to accomplish your dream?
Let's hope I am that special kind, otherwise I completely wasted all of my good years on this. Well, that is really something I am only just trying to figure out - if I stay in the UK, I'll probably need at least a good two years of experience working in the clinical field, both in client contact and in research, and then I could go on into a 3-year doctorate. But I might never be able to find work in Germany with that education, because they're cuckoo and don't seem to want to accept the UK degrees (even though they totally outrank them in quality). Which means I might never be able to go home again if I ever wanted to. If I wanted to go home to Germany, I'd be doomed to essential start from scratch, which would take even longer. Totally pissed off about that at the moment.

Quote:
It sounds like living in the UK was beneficial to you despite all the negatives. It’s fascinating how your accent has evolved. Believe it or not I’m in London right now with my daughter. Today we saw 2 plays: Hamilton & The Tina Turner Musical.
That's lovely - I hope you had a great time with your daughter in London! I've only been once, and only went to Regent's Park (which is lovely, by the way!), so I wouldn't be able to say much about it - but I hope you got the full British experience, it's... something. Did you enjoy the plays?
Old 10-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)
So interesting! My degree was actually quite heavy on the neuropsychology, but it wasn't a whole lot of fun because we were mostly looking at perception and memory - boring! Are you interested in any specific abnormal behaviours?
Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder are the two main research areas for me.

Quote:
Let's hope I am that special kind, otherwise I completely wasted all of my good years on this. Well, that is really something I am only just trying to figure out - if I stay in the UK, I'll probably need at least a good two years of experience working in the clinical field, both in client contact and in research, and then I could go on into a 3-year doctorate. But I might never be able to find work in Germany with that education, because they're cuckoo and don't seem to want to accept the UK degrees (even though they totally outrank them in quality). Which means I might never be able to go home again if I ever wanted to. If I wanted to go home to Germany, I'd be doomed to essential start from scratch, which would take even longer. Totally pissed off about that at the moment.
Man, that sucks... it's the same way here with the US and Canada. One of my niece's best friends started off in Canada (she got a soccer scholarship there too). She went into a certain computer science field. She is presently a sophomore there. She realized she wants to go into a different area of computer science (and researched if it all transfers as an accepted degree in the US (because she's 100% wanting to live in the US when done with college). She found out not only would she have to start all over here in the US if she goes into that area but the present area she is in now doesn't transfer. She is up in arms upset over the situation and as a result, is probably leaving college in Canada at the end of this year and starting all over in the US. It is literally as if she never even went to college for two years and wasted all this time. She's very upset. I get that we are talking different countries but you'd think UK and Germany as well as US and Canada would be more in sync. It's dumb.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yes!

When does your flight take off tomorrow?
9:15 am
Old 10-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomasum (View Post)

Let's hope I am that special kind, otherwise I completely wasted all of my good years on this. Well, that is really something I am only just trying to figure out - if I stay in the UK, I'll probably need at least a good two years of experience working in the clinical field, both in client contact and in research, and then I could go on into a 3-year doctorate. But I might never be able to find work in Germany with that education, because they're cuckoo and don't seem to want to accept the UK degrees (even though they totally outrank them in quality). Which means I might never be able to go home again if I ever wanted to. If I wanted to go home to Germany, I'd be doomed to essential start from scratch, which would take even longer. Totally pissed off about that at the moment. Yes

That's lovely - I hope you had a great time with your daughter in London! I've only been once, and only went to Regent's Park (which is lovely, by the way!), so I wouldn't be able to say much about it - but I hope you got the full British experience, it's... something. Did you enjoy the plays?
The Tina Turner Musical was fantastic!! Love her music.
I enjoyed Hamilton very much, but was a little under whelmed considering how much hoopla there is regarding this show. It was excellent, but I would never spend the cost they’re asking in the States.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
9:15 am
Okay. Safe trip.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread