Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2019, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm jumping in here after being Awol. My laptop has finally been returned to me...30 minutes ago. $258 later...it's usable again. THis all happened because of a Windows update that I was forced to have. It's so frustrating because there's nothing I can do about it by get fixed and pay.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That sucks. Did you ever have a warranty or an extended warranty? Hopefully it never happens again!
Old 08-23-2019, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
That sucks. Did you ever have a warranty or an extended warranty? Hopefully it never happens again!
No...no warranty unfortunately.
Old 08-23-2019, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
No...no warranty unfortunately.
How many years have you had the lap? I remember correctly, not too old, right?
Old 08-23-2019, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes I did have some, but that's due to the acid reflux that I have, but I'm hoping that it will be better this year since my weight is down, I've been taking my medication regularly, and I haven't gotten sick at night in over a year. When I used to get sick at night I would cough if I took a deep breath due to the inflammation/irritation that I had, but now I can take a deep breath with no issues. This is another reason for me to stay in shape and keep my weight down.
It's really amazing how losing weight can cure so many ailments. I'm sure that if I lost weight my arthritic knees would feel so much better.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How many years have you had the lap? I remember correctly, not too old, right?
It's pretty old in Laptop years. It seems like I just bought it, but time really flies! It's scary how fast these years are going.

My laptop is about 6 years old.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's pretty old in Laptop years. It seems like I just bought it, but time really flies! It's scary how fast these years are going.

My laptop is about 6 years old.
Wow! I totally remember you buying that. It literally seems like two years or so. That’s what it felt like to me initially. Time really does fly by.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wow! I totally remember you buying that. It literally seems like two years or so. That’s what it felt like to me initially. Time really does fly by.
And the older we get the faster it goes. Doesn't it seem like Christmas just ended? Well..it's right around the corner again.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
And the older we get the faster it goes. Doesn't it seem like Christmas just ended? Well..it's right around the corner again.
I know! Anna is going back down to college tomorrow. It seems like she just got here for summer vacation. Some of it is due to the poor girl taking classes and working all the time the second she got home. But it just flew by.

I also forgot to mention she’s transferring to the University of Minnesota after her sophomore year. So one more year then it’s the U. Both her and her friend are transferring. They’re both going into forensic science and while their current college has it, the U is even better. It is difficult to get in. You need near a 4.0. Anna got in. Both are going to get an apartment on campus or slightly off campus. I think she’ll have a blast down at the University of Minnesota. And whenever her Godmother works down there they can have lunch together.

Only thing absolutely sucks is the second Sara gets down there Anna is leaving. Like Anna said... Sara’s friends are following her there (one with a soccer scholarship too), she’ll be fine.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What precisely is Tex-Mex?
It's a combination of Texas food and Mexican food, and it's heavy on starches and a lot of the dishes feature refined beans.

Quote:
We have a Mexican restaurant in the city we live in and it’s so healthy. Fresh vegetables/beans/healthy meats/seafood and many of the entrees are gluten free. My GI is sensitive as you know but I never feel sick/bloated after eating their food. I get take out from there at least once a week, sometimes 2-3 times a week.
That sounds great!

I set a new record for myself today. 30,000 steps and 88 flights of stairs. Starting this weekend I'm going to walk a little less and ride my two exercise bikes to sort of balance things out.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I know! Anna is going back down to college tomorrow. It seems like she just got here for summer vacation. Some of it is due to the poor girl taking classes and working all the time the second she got home. But it just flew by.

I also forgot to mention she’s transferring to the University of Minnesota after her sophomore year. So one more year then it’s the U. Both her and her friend are transferring. They’re both going into forensic science and while their current college has it, the U is even better. It is difficult to get in. You need near a 4.0. Anna got in. Both are going to get an apartment on campus or slightly off campus. I think she’ll have a blast down at the University of Minnesota. And whenever her Godmother works down there they can have lunch together.

Only thing absolutely sucks is the second Sara gets down there Anna is leaving. Like Anna said... Sara’s friends are following her there (one with a soccer scholarship too), she’ll be fine.
Congratulations to Anna! That's wonderful news! It's too bad that her and Sara won't be at the same college though.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-24-2019, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's a combination of Texas food and Mexican food, and it's heavy on starches and a lot of the dishes feature refined beans.
I see. I understand why it is not the healthiest combination.

Quote:
That sounds great!

I set a new record for myself today. 30,000 steps and 88 flights of stairs. Starting this weekend I'm going to walk a little less and ride my two exercise bikes to sort of balance things out.
That’s incredible, congratulations!

How do your two exercise bikes differ?
Old 08-24-2019, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Congratulations to Anna! That's wonderful news! It's too bad that her and Sara won't be at the same college though.
Thanks! Agreed. It really is too bad they won’t be at the same college. Sara’s childhood best friend also received a soccer scholarship (and their two closest friends are going to this college as well) so Sara’s going to live with the one who also has a scholarship and they’ll all be down there together.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I see. I understand why it is not the healthiest combination.
It definitely isn't, but it does taste good!

Quote:
That’s incredible, congratulations!
Thanks!

Quote:
How do your two exercise bikes differ?
One is an upright exercise bike and one is a recumbent exercise bike.

Old 08-24-2019, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It definitely isn't, but it does taste good!

See, my GI is so messed up, even the stuff that tastes good (that is not healthy) does too much of a number on me, so I can resist easily.

Quote:
Thanks!

One is an upright exercise bike and one is a recumbent exercise bike.
Nice! How long do you ride each during a session?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread