Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I think Goldie and Buddy are related to Snoopy:

That's so true!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
That's so true!
Does Goldie sleep through the night or does she ever get up?
Old 07-10-2019, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Does Goldie sleep through the night or does she ever get up?
She usually sleeps through the night, but if she hears a noise, she'll start barking and run outside and then she'll come back in. The worst is if we have a thunderstorm during the night because she'll bark and cry through it all, and then I end up hardly getting any sleep.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 07-10-2019, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
She usually sleeps through the night, but if she hears a noise, she'll start barking and run outside and then she'll come back in. The worst is if we have a thunderstorm during the night because she'll bark and cry through it all, and then I end up hardly getting any sleep.
That has to be tough. Buddy is the same way overall. He hears a noise, he has to go and investigate. Storms, forget about it, he's upset like Goldie. Buddy will sometimes cry when he's hungry. I feed him wet food and the schedule is very different due to his GI issues. Sometimes a couple hours early he will start with the low growl to get my attention. If that doesn't work he will lay on top of me, lol. If that doesn't work he will start to lightly cry. I've been instructed by the vet to absolutely feed him when he's hungry because his GI could be hurting a bit when he's asking for food. It's not all the time, thankfully. Good thing I work from home 80% of the time. Between the storms, noises, cries for food, my insomnia and other sleep issues it can be fairly unpredictable and driving freeways regularly is probably not a good thing.
Old 07-11-2019, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Jerry, keep me updated on the hurricane/tropical storm situation. I hope it’s a false alarm and somehow the storm changes paths.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That has to be tough. Buddy is the same way overall. He hears a noise, he has to go and investigate. Storms, forget about it, he's upset like Goldie. Buddy will sometimes cry when he's hungry. I feed him wet food and the schedule is very different due to his GI issues. Sometimes a couple hours early he will start with the low growl to get my attention. If that doesn't work he will lay on top of me, lol. If that doesn't work he will start to lightly cry. I've been instructed by the vet to absolutely feed him when he's hungry because his GI could be hurting a bit when he's asking for food. It's not all the time, thankfully. Good thing I work from home 80% of the time. Between the storms, noises, cries for food, my insomnia and other sleep issues it can be fairly unpredictable and driving freeways regularly is probably not a good thing.
Aww, poor Buddy! It must be hard for him having those GI issues. Goldie doesn't have them fortunately, so we just feed her dry food, but when I get up she always expects and gets a treat from me! She really likes the Blue Wilderness Biscuits.

Goldie usually doesn't cry. When she wants something, she'll bark,or she'll jump on me, but she usually only does that when she wants to go for a walk.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Jerry, keep me updated on the hurricane/tropical storm situation. I hope it’s a false alarm and somehow the storm changes paths.
Thanks Michelle! I will. There's no firm word yet on the possible path of this tropical storm/hurricane. We should all know more by later today or tomorrow.

Old 07-11-2019, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Aww, poor Buddy! It must be hard for him having those GI issues. Goldie doesn't have them fortunately, so we just feed her dry food, but when I get up she always expects and gets a treat from me! She really likes the Blue Wilderness Biscuits.

Goldie usually doesn't cry. When she wants something, she'll bark,or she'll jump on me, but she usually only does that when she wants to go for a walk.
So glad Goldie doesn’t have any GI issues. Goldie knows how to get those treats. Yes, when Buddy’s crying for food, I know it’s a sound I cannot ignore. He looks and feels so much better once he gets something to eat. For whatever reason, he is not able to properly digest dry dog food. The receptionist at the Vet Clinic we go to has a cat who can only eat soft food as well.

For Buddy, there are a few things he is allowed as far as natural foods... cooked green beans/carrots and apples. Those are the three “safe” foods. Well, if you give him too many apples he will get an upset stomach (I believe due to texture). Those cooked veggies are very soft whereas apples are not as soft. Goes back to him needing soft dog food. So I mostly give him green beans and carrots for treats and occasionally, a little bit of an apple very finely chopped.
Old 07-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks Michelle! I will. There's no firm word yet on the possible path of this tropical storm/hurricane. We should all know more by later today or tomorrow.
Got it. Do you guys get the strong winds and hail with these storms?
Old 07-11-2019, 05:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Got it. Do you guys get the strong winds and hail with these storms?
Yes we do. We usually get the strong winds, but not necessarily hail. You usually don't get hail with tropical storms or hurricanes. The main difference between tropical storms and hurricanes is the wind speed. With a tropical storm, the wind speed is slower (maximum sustained winds reach 39 miles per hour) but it moves slower so you can get a lot more rain and flooding, but with a hurricane the wind speed is higher (maximum sustained winds of 74 miles per hour or higher) so there is a lot more potential for wind damage but it moves faster so you tend to get less rain and flooding. Either scenario is bad.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes we do. We usually get the strong winds, but not necessarily hail. You usually don't get hail with tropical storms or hurricanes. The main difference between tropical storms and hurricanes is the wind speed. With a tropical storm, the wind speed is slower (maximum sustained winds reach 39 miles per hour) but it moves slower so you can get a lot more rain and flooding, but with a hurricane the wind speed is higher (maximum sustained winds of 74 miles per hour or higher) so there is a lot more potential for wind damage but it moves faster so you tend to get less rain and flooding. Either scenario is bad.
Either scenario is really bad. People think flooding is not that serious (even flooding that doesn't cause damage to houses). You can literally die in floods for various reasons. Carbon monoxide, for example is a true threat after flooding.

Do you have any update on the path of the storm yet or still not sure?
Old 07-11-2019, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Either scenario is really bad. People think flooding is not that serious (even flooding that doesn't cause damage to houses). You can literally die in floods for various reasons. Carbon monoxide, for example is a true threat after flooding.

Do you have any update on the path of the storm yet or still not sure?
It's now a named storm, Tropical Storm Barry, and at the moment it seems to be heading more toward Louisiana than here, but that can always change and we'll probably end up with a lot of rain, which is bad.

Old 07-11-2019, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's now a named storm, Tropical Storm Barry, and at the moment it seems to be heading more toward Louisiana than here, but that can always change and we'll probably end up with a lot of rain, which is bad.
Do you live in an area where flooding can cause a lot of structural issues? When is the storm (hopefully tame) predicted to hit the Houston area?

Last edited by jediwands; 07-11-2019 at 11:01 AM
Old 07-11-2019, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Do you live in an area where flooding can cause a lot of structural issues? When is the storm (hopefully tame) predicted to hit the Houston area?
Where I live no, but other parts of the area are vulnerable to flooding.

We should see the storm on Saturday.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Where I live no, but other parts of the area are vulnerable to flooding.

We should see the storm on Saturday.
Hope it’s very mild.

You can’t win this time of the year though… I just read your heat index is either at 104 or has the potential to be 104 today. Wow!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread