Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2019, 07:08 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 140,714
County High Cafeteria #149: New cars, return of heat & humidity, air conditioners going out, our cute dogs, and bosses that are tools!

Auror is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 07:11 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 140,714
I had to tweak the thread title a bit to fit everything in.
Auror is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 07:18 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,741
Great title! Thanks, Michelle!
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 07:20 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 140,714
Welcome!

What did you make Chris to eat tonight?
Auror is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 07:26 PM
  #5
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 95,894
Thanks for the new thread Michelle!
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 07:29 PM
  #6
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 95,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
His voice is effortless. He’s barely even putting effort into it because his voice naturally sounds so beautiful. His voice sounds like a musical instrument.
Yes, the early Sinatra voice was so beautiful. It's too bad that he ruined his singing voice with all his smoking and drinking and not taking care of it. In 1950 he suffered a vocal hemorrhage that coarsened his singing voice, and as the years went on his voice got darker and it lost the smoothness that it once had.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 06:12 AM
  #7
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 140,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread Michelle!
You're welcome.
Auror is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 06:17 AM
  #8
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 140,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, the early Sinatra voice was so beautiful. It's too bad that he ruined his singing voice with all his smoking and drinking and not taking care of it. In 1950 he suffered a vocal hemorrhage that coarsened his singing voice, and as the years went on his voice got darker and it lost the smoothness that it once had.
So sad.

What are some of your favorite Sinatra songs?
Auror is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 06:26 AM
  #9
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 95,894
Some of my favorite Sinatra songs are "With Every Breath I Take," "I'm Sorry I Made You Cry," "All The Way," and "Always." He also did a version of "Home on the Range" and "America The Beautiful" in the 1940's that were breathtaking. I prefer his early ballads to his later "swinging" songs, and I thought his voice in his later years was awful, especially when he would try to do (then) contemporary songs like "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown."
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 07:43 AM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 140,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Some of my favorite Sinatra songs are "With Every Breath I Take," "I'm Sorry I Made You Cry," "All The Way," and "Always." He also did a version of "Home on the Range" and "America The Beautiful" in the 1940's that were breathtaking. I prefer his early ballads to his later "swinging" songs, and I thought his voice in his later years was awful, especially when he would try to do (then) contemporary songs like "Bad, Bad, Leroy Brown."
I just read what you said to my dad and he nodded in agreement.

Who would you consider your favorite singers from back in the day? Say, your top three favorite? I know Nat King Cole is one of them.
Auror is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 08:45 AM
  #11
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
Welcome!

What did you make Chris to eat tonight?
He took me out to dinner as part of my belated Mother's Day present.
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 08:47 AM
  #12
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
So sad.

What are some of your favorite Sinatra songs?
I love this.....it just makes me want to dance.

everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 09:04 AM
  #13
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 95,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror (View Post)
I just read what you said to my dad and he nodded in agreement.

Who would you consider your favorite singers from back in the day? Say, your top three favorite? I know Nat King Cole is one of them.
  1. Nat King Cole
  2. Frank Sinatra
  3. Ella Fitzgerald
  4. Judy Garland
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 09:05 AM
  #14
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 95,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I love this.....it just makes me want to dance.

That's a great song!
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 06-01-2019, 09:53 AM
  #15
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 140,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
He took me out to dinner as part of my belated Mother's Day present.
How nice. Where did you guys go?
Auror is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST