Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2019, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
That’s so great! Did he change a lot in appearance?
Yes, but I recognized him right away.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, but I recognized him right away.
Was he in town on business or vacation? Maybe you guys can meet up again in the future?
Wilpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Voice is still pretty much lost. I have moments thinking it's getting better but if I attempt to try and use it regularly it doesn't work. Oh well, it needs more time.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Was he in town on business or vacation? Maybe you guys can meet up again in the future?
He was in town on business. I may see him again when I go up to New Jersey in October.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Voice is still pretty much lost. I have moments thinking it's getting better but if I attempt to try and use it regularly it doesn't work. Oh well, it needs more time.
I hope that you feel better soon.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He was in town on business. I may see him again when I go up to New Jersey in October.
That sounds good. How long will you be in New Jersey in October?
Old 04-15-2019, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I hope that you feel better soon.
Thanks! I am feeling a bit better overall but the voice is not getting a ton better yet. I lost my voice on Friday. However, comparing my voice today to Friday, it is improving, but just at a really slow pace.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That sounds good. How long will you be in New Jersey in October?
Tentatively for a week.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks! I am feeling a bit better overall but the voice is not getting a ton better yet. I lost my voice on Friday. However, comparing my voice today to Friday, it is improving, but just at a really slow pace.
I understand. I've never lost my voice, so I can only imagine what you're going through.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

MyPillow

So you guys know I have been sick the past week and change... I am not getting a lot of sound sleep. Anyway, I was drinking some hot tea on the couch this morning while doing some work. I actually fell asleep and the tea spilled and got on my MyPillow. It leaked through. I couldn't believe it.

Get this... I actually called MyPillow explaining the situation. They are giving me a FREE pillow. All I have to do is wait for the new one to arrive, and there will be a new box and label (prepaid shipping so it's free) and all I have to do is return the old one following the instructions. I was floored. I figured since it was my fault I wouldn't be able to get a new one. No, they are sending me a brand new one.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Tentatively for a week.
Nice.

Will Teresa go with you?
Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I understand. I've never lost my voice, so I can only imagine what you're going through.
Wow, Jerry, you have never lost your voice before? That is incredible! Good for you. I read that while laryngitis is very common (many causes but #1 being infection) it doesn't happen with every cold and flu and some people are prone to it happening during an infection. I am one of those people. For as long as I can remember I get laryngitis fairly regularly when sick. Childhood, I got it a lot and super early adulthood I was averaging about once every 1-2 years. I hadn't gotten laryngitis in about 2 years before this infection so I guess I was due, lol. Typically it lasts around a week so we'll see if it is cured by this coming Friday. I do see improvements (mild) so I hope so. Good news is I am not scheduled to lead any meetings this week!
Old 04-15-2019, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow, Jerry, you have never lost your voice before? That is incredible! Good for you. I read that while laryngitis is very common (many causes but #1 being infection) it doesn't happen with every cold and flu and some people are prone to it happening during an infection. I am one of those people. For as long as I can remember I get laryngitis fairly regularly when sick. Childhood, I got it a lot and super early adulthood I was averaging about once every 1-2 years. I hadn't gotten laryngitis in about 2 years before this infection so I guess I was due, lol. Typically it lasts around a week so we'll see if it is cured by this coming Friday. I do see improvements (mild) so I hope so. Good news is I am not scheduled to lead any meetings this week!
Yes, I'm lucky.

I hope your voice heals up quickly.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, I'm lucky.

I hope your voice heals up quickly.

That's amazing, especially since GERD can cause all kinds of voice issues so we run the risk due to GERD. Although, I don't think I've ever had true laryngitis from GERD. I have cleared my throat often due to GERD, but never laryngitis. However, there's many people with GERD and LPR (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux) that battle chronic laryngitis that flares up off and on due to acid in their esophagus and larynx.

Are you working four days this week?
Old 04-15-2019, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Tentatively for a week.
What part of NJ?
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top