Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2019, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I find it amusing that when you get a letter from your insurance company denying a claim and they end the letter with “We’re here to help.” No, you’re not here to help, you’re here to collect premiums and make money and to find any way you can to deny a claim.
Yeah. If they were there to help, then they wouldn't have denied your claim.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

I just snagged the one ECCC Exclusive Pop! figure that I wanted from the Funko pop up store. Usually I am not fast enough to get one.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Thanks, you guys. I slept about 5 hours last night so the sleep situation is improving, lol.

Insurance Companies definitely are not about helping. What a joke. LOL. Sorry you were denied, Jerry. Do you have an alternative in play?

Alan, which one ECCC Exclusive Pop! figure did you snag?
Old 03-15-2019, 07:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Thanks, you guys. I slept about 5 hours last night so the sleep situation is improving, lol.

Insurance Companies definitely are not about helping. What a joke. LOL. Sorry you were denied, Jerry. Do you have an alternative in play?

Alan, which one ECCC Exclusive Pop! figure did you snag?
This one. The shop opened at 9am, and most everything was sold out minutes later.

https://www.funko-shop.com/collectio...oemva7tvl36ihu
Old 03-15-2019, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
This one. The shop opened at 9am, and most everything was sold out minutes later.

https://www.funko-shop.com/collectio...oemva7tvl36ihu
That is awesome. I can see why it's so popular. Good for you to get one! Did you have a method or was it just luck being able to get it?
Old 03-15-2019, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That is awesome. I can see why it's so popular. Good for you to get one! Did you have a method or was it just luck being able to get it?
I got to the store at 8:55 and just kept hitting refresh over and over and over until the store came up.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I got to the store at 8:55 and just kept hitting refresh over and over and over until the store came up.
Worked.

That's so great.

When will you receive it?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah. If they were there to help, then they wouldn't have denied your claim.
Exactly!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-15-2019, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that.

Quote:
Thanks. Not really. I'll just have to pay for the crown work that I need.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-15-2019, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm glad to hear that.

Thanks. Not really. I'll just have to pay for the crown work that I need.

Oh, dental stuff...

I am so screwed in this department right now...

I literally have about five teeth that are sensitive to cold and bothering me right now. I know 3/5 definitely need crowns and maybe root canals. It's also possible some may need to be pulled. I know my insurance will cover very little. I keep delaying going because 1) I despise the dentist and 2) I know it's going to cost a ton of money.

I don't understand why dental insurance is so poor in this country. Gum and tooth infections are serious and can kill you (in extreme, thankfully rare cases). It should be under medical but of course it's not and as a result it's so expensive.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Oh, dental stuff...

I am so screwed in this department right now...

I literally have about five teeth that are sensitive to cold and bothering me right now. I know 3/5 definitely need crowns and maybe root canals. It's also possible some may need to be pulled. I know my insurance will cover very little. I keep delaying going because 1) I despise the dentist and 2) I know it's going to cost a ton of money.

I don't understand why dental insurance is so poor in this country. Gum and tooth infections are serious and can kill you (in extreme, thankfully rare cases). It should be under medical but of course it's not and as a result it's so expensive.
That's so true. I need two crowns and my out of pocket is going to be over $1,900.00. My insurance hardly covered anything.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's so true. I need two crowns and my out of pocket is going to be over $1,900.00. My insurance hardly covered anything.
Awful!

I don't even want to think about what my cost will be for five teeth that need one or more things done. Insurance covers needing teeth pulled and a reduced price for dentures but nothing for implants. Insurance covers only 10% for crowns and root canals. That's it.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-15-2019 at 01:56 PM
Old 03-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just got back from Starbucks. I went via the drive-through. I’ve been feeling awful since those New Zealand attacks. I was just reminded that there are good people in this world. Minnesota Nice it’s not just a nickname without merit. Minnesotans are truly really really nice. This has happened to me so many times I’ve lost count. Anyway I ordered a drink and protein box. I pull up and the person told me that it was no charge, the people in front of me paid my bill. How amazing. Like I said this has happened so many times at the Starbucks and not just Starbucks but other places like McDonald’s, Dairy Queen, Burger King, etc.

What a nice gesture. Every time this happens I wish I knew who paid for me because I would love to repay them. LOL Anyway, there are good people in this world and I was reminded of that today. I don't think it is a coincidence this happened again today either given how I was feeling. Energy is powerful and communicative.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-15-2019 at 01:53 PM
Old 03-15-2019, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I just got back from Starbucks. I went via the drive-through. I’ve been feeling awful since those New Zealand attacks. I was just reminded that there are good people in this world. Minnesota Nice it’s not just a nickname without merit. Minnesotans are truly really really nice. This has happened to me so many times I’ve lost count. Anyway I ordered a drink and protein box. I pull up and the person told me that it was no charge, the people in front of me paid my bill. How amazing. Like I said this has happened so many times at the Starbucks and not just Starbucks but other places like McDonald’s, Dairy Queen, Burger King, etc.

What a nice gesture. Every time this happens I wish I knew who paid for me because I would love to repay them. LOL Anyway, there are good people in this world and I was reminded of that today. I don't think it is a coincidence this happened again today either given how I was feeling. Energy is powerful and communicative.
That's wonderful.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's wonderful.
Thanks. It is really neat.

What are you up to this weekend?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top