New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2019, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
They were and are fine with it, especially since they knew that they'd get a treat after we brushed their teeth!
Of course!

How long does it take Teresa to brush Goldie's teeth?

I was also meaning to ask you... a while ago you gave me a link to get cheaper heartworm and flea and tick supplements. Yesterday we just got both at the vet and the prices... wow. They really nail you with those prices. They are so good about care packages, let alone how cheap they've kept the visits. I really adore the place was take Buddy. They are out for the pet/client but some things they cannot help and the heartworm/flea and tick supplements is an example. Do you still have that link and do you purchase specific items for both?
Old 03-13-2019, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Of course!

How long does it take Teresa to brush Goldie's teeth?
Just a few minutes.

Quote:
I was also meaning to ask you... a while ago you gave me a link to get cheaper heartworm and flea and tick supplements. Yesterday we just got both at the vet and the prices... wow. They really nail you with those prices. They are so good about care packages, let alone how cheap they've kept the visits. I really adore the place was take Buddy. They are out for the pet/client but some things they cannot help and the heartworm/flea and tick supplements is an example. Do you still have that link and do you purchase specific items for both?
Here is the link: https://www.allivet.com/?gclid=CjwKC...xoCT64QAvD_BwE

We give Goldie a medication called Trifexis that takes care of both fleas and ticks, and it's also a heartworm preventative. It also controls adult hookworm, whipworm and roundworm infections (although it didn't prevent her from getting roundworms recently). Your vet would prescribe it. https://www.allivet.com/p-2925-trife...-for-dogs.aspx

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Just a few minutes.
That is usually how long it takes me. I’m eager to get started nightly after he gets his teeth professionally cleaned.

Quote:
Here is the link: https://www.allivet.com/?gclid=CjwKC...xoCT64QAvD_BwE

We give Goldie a medication called Trifexis that takes care of both fleas and ticks, and it's also a heartworm preventative. It also controls adult hookworm, whipworm and roundworm infections (although it didn't prevent her from getting roundworms recently). Your vet would prescribe it. https://www.allivet.com/p-2925-trife...-for-dogs.aspx
Thanks so much.

Did you get Goldie retested yet to make sure roundworms is no longer?
Old 03-13-2019, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks so much.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Did you get Goldie retested yet to make sure roundworms is no longer?
Yes, we did, on Monday, and everything was clear. The thing is though is that she's outside on her own a lot and we can't control what she gets into, so they might come back. The vet said a sign that they're back would be a loose stool so we'll just have to check for that.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
You're welcome!

Yes, we did, on Monday, and everything was clear. The thing is though is that she's outside on her own a lot and we can't control what she gets into, so they might come back. The vet said a sign that they're back would be a loose stool so we'll just have to check for that.
Good! Do you have an idea of where outside she might be picking it up? Could it be on your walks or directly outside in your backyard?
Old 03-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Good! Do you have an idea of where outside she might be picking it up? Could it be on your walks or directly outside in your backyard?
It could be either, but I think it's more likely from the backyard. The vet said she can get them if she eats or licks wet grass, which we've seen her do.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It could be either, but I think it's more likely from the backyard. The vet said she can get them if she eats or licks wet grass, which we've seen her do.
Wow, it sounds like it’s super easy to get, unfortunately.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow, it sounds like it’s super easy to get, unfortunately.
I know. Goldie is much more of a handful to take care of than Andrew or Chance were. She loves being outside where Andrew and Chance preferred being inside and she gets into things she shouldn't much more than they do.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I know. Goldie is much more of a handful to take care of than Andrew or Chance were. She loves being outside where Andrew and Chance preferred being inside and she gets into things she shouldn't much more than they do.
I wonder if it’s possible that she never really gets rid of it, you know? Almost like it goes low enough with treatment to show undetectable when testing but the reality is she still has a little bit inside of her. When she comes in contact with it again it’s easy for it to grow. Probably not. How many times has she had it? Two times?

When I was in six grade I got strep throat about 12 times in a row. It went on for one year. Some of it was due to a slight immune deficiency I have. But it turns out I was a carrier. After the first couple times I never even got symptoms yet I would test positive for it. They figured out I was a carrier after doing specialized testing. I just couldn’t get rid of the bacteria so a little bit was hiding and it was easier to grow to abnormal numbers. It had to run its course (along with going on longer treatments). But I remember the doctor saying even during moments that the strep test showed negative, I still had it hiding inside my body ready to accumulate. After a while it wasn’t affecting me, but I was giving it to others. Oddly enough and thankfully I never gave it to my family.

If Goldie gets diagnosed again you should ask them if it’s possible she’s not completely getting rid of it.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I wonder if it’s possible that she never really gets rid of it, you know? Almost like it goes low enough with treatment to show undetectable when testing but the reality is she still has a little bit inside of her. When she comes in contact with it again it’s easy for it to grow. Probably not. How many times has she had it? Two times?

When I was in six grade I got strep throat about 12 times in a row. It went on for one year. Some of it was due to a slight immune deficiency I have. But it turns out I was a carrier. After the first couple times I never even got symptoms yet I would test positive for it. They figured out I was a carrier after doing specialized testing. I just couldn’t get rid of the bacteria so a little bit was hiding and it was easier to grow to abnormal numbers. It had to run its course (along with going on longer treatments). But I remember the doctor saying even during moments that the strep test showed negative, I still had it hiding inside my body ready to accumulate. After a while it wasn’t affecting me, but I was giving it to others. Oddly enough and thankfully I never gave it to my family.

If Goldie gets diagnosed again you should ask them if it’s possible she’s not completely getting rid of it.
Yes, she's had it two times. I'm going to talk to the vet about this soon. Thanks.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, she's had it two times. I'm going to talk to the vet about this soon. Thanks.
It's probable she never gets it again as well.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just realized the past two nights I've had a total of 6 hours of sleep, approximately 3 hours each night. I don't even feel tired right now. My muscles do but I don't feel like I could sleep yet.
Old 03-15-2019, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I just realized the past two nights I've had a total of 6 hours of sleep, approximately 3 hours each night. I don't even feel tired right now. My muscles do but I don't feel like I could sleep yet.
Oh man, Michelle, that's awful! I hope that you'll be able to sleep more this weekend.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:51 AM
Administrator

I find it amusing that when you get a letter from your insurance company denying a claim and they end the letter with “We’re here to help.” No, you’re not here to help, you’re here to collect premiums and make money and to find any way you can to deny a claim.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sucks. Hopefully you can get some rest this weekend.
Jake: Cold-blooded but fair.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top