Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2019, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Does Goldie have a pattern each time you come home? What does she do when you come home?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Does Goldie have a pattern each time you come home? What does she do when you come home?
She greets me at the door by jumping up on my leg and staying there, and I bend down and she gives me kisses, and then she'll get one of her stuffed animals and run outside with it expecting me to follow her, and when I go out there she'll jump up on me again, and then she'll run back into the house expecting her dinner and a treat, which I give her. She usually doesn't eat her dinner right away because she wants to see what we're going to have for dinner, but she'll always eat her treat!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-12-2019, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
She greets me at the door by jumping up on my leg and staying there, and I bend down and she gives me kisses, and then she'll get one of her stuffed animals and run outside with it expecting me to follow her, and when I go out there she'll jump up on me again, and then she'll run back into the house expecting her dinner and a treat, which I give her. She usually doesn't eat her dinner right away because she wants to see what we're going to have for dinner, but she'll always eat her treat!
Adorable!
Old 03-12-2019, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Adorable!
It really is so cute. I love her to pieces.

I still have a land line with a multiple phone system that I got about 20 years ago or so, and they were starting to not work correctly, so I bought a new phone system and I installed it tonight and everything works great. What's really neat about the new system is that I can pair my cell phones with it via Bluetooth and I was able to import the address book from my cell phone to the new phone system. The wonders of modern technology!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It really is so cute. I love her to pieces.

I still have a land line with a multiple phone system that I got about 20 years ago or so, and they were starting to not work correctly, so I bought a new phone system and I installed it tonight and everything works great. What's really neat about the new system is that I can pair my cell phones with it via Bluetooth and I was able to import the address book from my cell phone to the new phone system. The wonders of modern technology!
That is great! What phone system is it?

We had to take Buddy to the vet today... the past 24 hours he was paying attention to his rear. No infection, just needed glands squeezed (one was very full and obviously the one giving him trouble). He’s good as new but so tired. He crashed when he got home and seems like he wants to sleep for the next couple of days. Does Goldie ever have trouble with this? Also... Buddy is getting his teeth cleaned next Friday. I wish anesthesia wasn’t involved. I’ll be worried until it’s done, lol.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That is great! What phone system is it?
It's a Panasonic Bluetooth Cordless Phone KX-TG7875S Link2Cell with Enhanced Noise Reduction & Digital Answering Machine with 5 Handsets.

Quote:
We had to take Buddy to the vet today... the past 24 hours he was paying attention to his rear. No infection, just needed glands squeezed (one was very full and obviously the one giving him trouble). He’s good as new but so tired. He crashed when he got home and seems like he wants to sleep for the next couple of days. Does Goldie ever have trouble with this?
Yes she does. We know when we have to take her in to have her anal glands expressed when she starts scooting across the floor.

Quote:
Also... Buddy is getting his teeth cleaned next Friday. I wish anesthesia wasn’t involved. I’ll be worried until it’s done, lol.
I understand. We get Goldie's teeth cleaned when the vet says that they need to be done. We've had her teeth cleaned twice since we got her, and yes, anesthesia is involved, and we also worry. We got our previous dogs' teeth cleaned periodically too.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's a Panasonic Bluetooth Cordless Phone KX-TG7875S Link2Cell with Enhanced Noise Reduction & Digital Answering Machine with 5 Handsets.
Sounds great.

Quote:
Yes she does. We know when we have to take her in to have her anal glands expressed when she starts scooting across the floor.
Apparently that is the classic symptom. Buddy did not start scooting at all. He just wanted to pay attention back there. Initially I was concerned because he had that bump they found about a year ago. The vet was bang on, she said in such a young dog the cause is infection, put him on antibiotics but said he needed a recheck. I worried about cancer since that type for a dog is a deadly diagnosis. Thankfully the vet was correct because it was an infection and the bump went away on recheck. Also, thankfully another bump was not found yesterday.

Quote:
I understand. We get Goldie's teeth cleaned when the vet says that they need to be done. We've had her teeth cleaned twice since we got her, and yes, anesthesia is involved, and we also worry. We got our previous dogs' teeth cleaned periodically too.
That’s good. Buddy eats soft/canned food so you can imagine how much he needs his teeth cleaned. Once he gets it done I’m going to have them show me precisely how I can really keep up with the teeth cleaning in hopes of preventing him from having to go again. I’m not a professional though so I might not be able to prevent it but at least I could delay until he needs another one if that makes sense.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Apparently that is the classic symptom. Buddy did not start scooting at all. He just wanted to pay attention back there. Initially I was concerned because he had that bump they found about a year ago. The vet was bang on, she said in such a young dog the cause is infection, put him on antibiotics but said he needed a recheck. I worried about cancer since that type for a dog is a deadly diagnosis. Thankfully the vet was correct because it was an infection and the bump went away on recheck. Also, thankfully another bump was not found yesterday.
We have to do it with her periodically.

Quote:
That’s good. Buddy eats soft/canned food so you can imagine how much he needs his teeth cleaned. Once he gets it done I’m going to have them show me precisely how I can really keep up with the teeth cleaning in hopes of preventing him from having to go again. I’m not a professional though so I might not be able to prevent it but at least I could delay until he needs another one if that makes sense.
Teresa brushes Goldie's teeth every night and it helps. We've done that with all of our dogs.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We have to do it with her periodically.

Teresa brushes Goldie's teeth every night and it helps. We've done that with all of our dogs.
See, I should be doing that as well. I do it but not consistently. Feeding him twice a day, and it's not just giving him dry food, so it involves more preparation, coupled with brushing his gorgeous coat twice daily or else it will immediately start to develop knots, it does get to be a bit time consuming. I will be going there daily after he gets his first teeth cleaning.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
See, I should be doing that as well. I do it but not consistently. Feeding him twice a day, and it's not just giving him dry food, so it involves more preparation, coupled with brushing his gorgeous coat twice daily or else it will immediately start to develop knots, it does get to be a bit time consuming. I will be going there daily after he gets his first teeth cleaning.
We don't really need to brush Goldie's coat too often and she just gets dry food (and some of our food! ) so taking care of her takes a little less time than taking care of Buddy. We started brushing our dogs' teeth with our first dog, Andrew, because his breeder told us we should do it and she showed us how to do it, and we continued it with Chance and now with Goldie. I never heard of brushing a dog's teeth until we got Andrew, and when I told my father and one of my friends about it they said incredulously You brush your dog's teeth?

Old 03-13-2019, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jerry&Michelle... You both have two very lucky dogs! This is why I don't have a dog...I am too lazy. LOL
Old 03-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
We don't really need to brush Goldie's coat too often and she just gets dry food (and some of our food! ) so taking care of her takes a little less time than taking care of Buddy. We started brushing our dogs' teeth with our first dog, Andrew, because his breeder told us we should do it and she showed us how to do it, and we continued it with Chance and now with Goldie. I never heard of brushing a dog's teeth until we got Andrew, and when I told my father and one of my friends about it they said incredulously You brush your dog's teeth?

How did/do all of your dogs like the tooth brushing?
Old 03-13-2019, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Jerry&Michelle... You both have two very lucky dogs! This is why I don't have a dog...I am too lazy. LOL
Oh but, Betty, the pros of having a little angel on earth by your side is so worth the work. I know you would love having a dog.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:

How did/do all of your dogs like the tooth brushing?
They were and are fine with it, especially since they knew that they'd get a treat after we brushed their teeth!

Old 03-13-2019, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh but, Betty, the pros of having a little angel on earth by your side is so worth the work. I know you would love having a dog.
I agree!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread