Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Glad that it's better now.
Thanks!

Quote:
Around 6:00 PM I left the office .
That’s good it wasn’t another 8 PM!

Quote:
Today was a good day for me. Busy but quite productive. I had a talk with the CTO and he was like "We gave you too much stuff at once and you are overloaded. We need to delegate some of your responsibilities to others". He told me that he asked the HR to organize training for leaders and managers so that this could help me. She already did for next year and I already told her that I am interested in those.
Glad today was a busy but productive day!

Great news that upper management is on top of how swamped you are and you’ll be able to delegate some. Excellent! How is HR, by the way, since her cult left?

Quote:
I also had quite the success with M. He finally took responsibility and started contributing to the work process with ideas as well as taking over stuff without complaining and whining. Basically we will add 5 more people working on the project and M took over the responsibility to train them. He would also coordinate the rest and report to the project manager for me. And the best thing is that the ideas came from him. I only told him that I am worried that we can't meet our deadline. He agreed and offered immediately suggestions. He even gave me an idea how to sell this to the management.
Outstanding! Glad that you’re on the same page and he’s not squealing anymore, lol.

Quote:
I also managed to convince few people from another team to help us with testing. I sold it to them differently. M and I are really worried that we would not be able to fit in the deadline we have and that the things are quite unstable. So we asked this other team to help us and get to know the project in the process. They will need to do it anyway. They totally agreed.
Wonderful!

Sounds like a terrific day especially since it transpired on a Friday so you have the long weekend (with the holiday) to relax and not feel too stressed out.

Quote:
And to top of it I just got back from volleyball game where we won with 3:0. I was lucky to watch quite the game in the hall. That was cool.
Excellent!
Old 09-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Right up your ally!
Definitely!

How long will you be in PA and what are you up to this weekend?
Old 09-22-2018, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Definitely .

That's always good .

So far she is acting normal around me. She is good in pretending though so her acting normal does not tell you a lot .

Yeah, definitely . I mean not only he volunteered, but he also volunteered the guy he is the closest with. We even had a talk with O and M and I could understand each other without saying things out right. In fact O did not get what M and I wanted to achieve . That means that we are on similar wavelength which is definitely better.

Definitely .

Today we play against USA btw. Your team is doing awesome in this tournament and is one of the teams that has the potential to win it all. I don't think that we can measure up with you.
Yeah she could be faking it. All that matters is that she does her job. Do you think she’s in contact with those guys?

That is so great. Are you still seeing those numbers, by the way?

Nice! How did the games turn out today/tonight?

ETA: Is the game just starting?
Old 09-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I have no idea. Maybe she is. At least with the jerk .

Yeah, I still see them .

They are just now playing. It's the first set.
Do you know if they’re all still working at the same place?

Cool!

I thought so. Saw something on Twitter.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't been around for the last few days but I was busy at work and I've been busy at home too. I hope that everyone is doing well and that you're all having a wonderful weekend. Summer is over at last! I'm looking forward to the Fall.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-22-2018, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Looking forward to Fall, but not winter!
Old 09-22-2018, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I don't know anything about them .

So far your team is leading. Definitely not surprised. Like I said your team is better.
How did we get good?
Old 09-22-2018, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't been around for the last few days but I was busy at work and I've been busy at home too. I hope that everyone is doing well and that you're all having a wonderful weekend. Summer is over at last! I'm looking forward to the Fall.
Summer is over, indeed.

I love the Fall. So beautiful in every way. Have a great weekend!
Old 09-23-2018, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I've had a headache since Friday. Temple pain on and off. It seems slightly better today. Yesterday I even had a scan because my doctor wanted to make sure it wasn't sinus related. Chronic Sinusitis, stable. Cat scan of head/brain was clear. It's coming from my neck for sure. One side of my neck hurts to touch, feels swollen and bigger. The irony today is the other side hurts more. Neck is a mess, stenosis, pinched nerve, arthritis, zero curvature, herniated issues, etc. That will be tackled later.

Betty, are you still at Joe's?
Old 09-23-2018, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Two Tornadoes hit Ottawa 2 days ago and most of the city has been without power. I am at my cousins right now with the whole gang.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Two Tornadoes hit Ottawa 2 days ago and most of the city has been without power. I am at my cousins right now with the whole gang.
Wow! Glad only your power was affected and everyone is safe. When will you guys be able to go back home? Are they expecting the power to be out for a while?

North America... we lead the charge when it comes to the most tornadoes a year... USA/Canada, 1 and 2. Another example (in addition to hurricanes, etc) of why our Summers do not = a bed of roses.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
How did we get good?
Lots of training starting from college. Consistent and persistent training program with the juniors pays off with the senior team . Also the team is really balanced - great setter, good blockers, good hitters and opposite. The whole team plays good in defense.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Lots of training starting from college. Consistent and persistent training program with the juniors pays off with the senior team . Also the team is really balanced - great setter, good blockers, good hitters and opposite. The whole team plays good in defense.
Awesome.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

Betty, are you still at Joe's?
I'm back.

Quote:
I heard! I have family members who live in Ottowa and my cousin posted a video on FB regarding the devastation. Horrible!
Old 09-23-2018, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I'm back.
I already know based on pictures but did you have a nice time overall?

Quote:
I heard! I have family members who live in Ottowa and my cousin posted a video on FB regarding the devastation. Horrible!
Thoughts and prayers with everyone in Ottawa.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread