Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2018, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

County High Cafeteria #138: Our chemistry sizzles, which is why we can talk about everything under the sun... together.

Old 09-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So neat. I’m watching my niece play online... a live feed. Her away Varsity Soccer Game. I have a big monitor, so cool. Pregame. Game starts in 5 minutes.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
So neat. I’m watching my niece play online... a live feed. Her away Varsity Soccer Game. I have a big monitor, so cool. Pregame. Game starts in 5 minutes.
Wow!! That's great!

Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!!
Old 09-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Will you be around tonight to watch tennis and NFL? Or is it game night?

I just got home. I understand there are thunderstorms in Philly delaying the game.

I put on tennis now. Looks like Serena won and Madison is down a set.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Wow!! That's great!

Thanks for the new thread, Michelle!!
They are going into OT!

You're welcome!

One of Sara's teammates... she's had, I kid you not, THREE ACL reconstructions over the last several years. She went down in this game and was screaming. They think it's the ACL repaired knee once again.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I just got home. I understand there are thunderstorms in Philly delaying the game.

I put on tennis now. Looks like Serena won and Madison is down a set.
Yes, game was delayed just a bit.

Serena had zero problem. Madison, in trouble.
Old 09-07-2018, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They are going into OT!

You're welcome!

One of Sara's teammates... she's had, I kid you not, THREE ACL reconstructions over the last several years. She went down in this game and was screaming. They think it's the ACL repaired knee once again.
OH No!! Poor girl.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
OH No!! Poor girl.
I know.

She's having an MRI today or tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
They are going into OT!

You're welcome!

Man, that's awful. I hope that she'll be okay.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Man, that's awful. I hope that she'll be okay.
It's sad because she has that same natural talent as Sara, too. Sara, thankfully, over the years, hasn't had any issues with her knees. She broke her wrist once falling awkwardly, she had a broken foot once too, but that was years ago. She has been healthy. I don't want what happened to me, to happen to Sara (two ACL tears three months apart) so I secretly cringe when I see her fall and breathe again when she gets up. I hope my prayers that Sara remains injury-free continue. Not only for her health, but she has a college scholarship as well.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anna is coming home this weekend. Alli has a family function to attend and Anna wanted to see Sara’s game tomorrow afternoon (plus just spend the weekend home).

The college is approximately 1 hr. 45 minutes away. It’s really nice since they’re far enough to be in their own little world, yet close enough to come home on weekends when they want to. Perfect!
Old 09-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anna just told me that Alli and her boyfriend are already having issues.

Anna actually set up Alli and Grant in middle school, lol. She was friends with both and was kind of the in between. They got together. Grant is a huge flirt and Alli is sensitive and as loyal as a pet. She's just really sweet and loyal. Grant likes to sort of play the field without cheating if that makes sense. It's like he stretches it as far as he can without completely crossing the line. They almost broke up twice in high school but stayed together.

Well, Anna said that she found Alli in tears last Saturday and overheard Grant telling her she has to trust him. He attends a college east of them about an hour and a half. Alli was going to go see him this weekend but they decided to wait until next weekend. Anna said Alli is very depressed over the situation. Deep down she knows they are not stable yet she loves him and wants to make it work. Anna doesn't believe it will. Alli is already miserable not knowing if he's being faithful and of course he's doing the college thing too... attending parties, drinking. Alli doesn't drink... at all.

Anyway, it sucks because Alli's a sweet girl and it's obvious they will break up, the question is when. Can they eventually get back together? I mean, maybe, they've been together for 6 years even if there's been some bumps. But it's obvious they're heading into a break zone.

Anna feels really good being home this weekend. She was excited. She said she loves it, she loves school and loves that she can visit us easily too. I don't remotely expect her to come home every weekend, that won't happen. But she will be the type to want to come home sometimes though (in addition to holiday breaks)... which is just fine by me.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-07-2018 at 02:33 PM
Old 09-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some couples who are HS sweethearts stay together though College and end up marrying.
I have found, though, that separation during college usually doesn't work out in the long run for the couple. I really believe that this is the time for this couple to make a nice friendly break. They're both young and why should they tie themselves down from meeting someone else in college....someone more compatible and perhaps "the one?.
I know this fellow is not going to be faithful...

Quote:
Anna feels really good being home this weekend. She was excited. She said she loves it, she loves school and loves that she can visit us easily too. I don't remotely expect her to come home every weekend, that won't happen. But she will be the type to want to come home sometimes though (in addition to holiday breaks)... which is just fine by me.
Takes after her Aunt Michele.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Some couples who are HS sweethearts stay together though College and end up marrying.
I have found, though, that separation during college usually doesn't work out in the long run for the couple. I really believe that this is the time for this couple to make a nice friendly break. They're both young and why should they tie themselves down from meeting someone else in college....someone more compatible and perhaps "the one".
That's the thing... Alli is SO sweet, attractive, and such a decent person. She's gorgeous, has an inner and outer beauty. It's definitely her personality to not want to casually date either. She's quite Introverted overall. She is all about loyalty and commitment. But like Anna said... they are in a co-ed dorm and in another section of their dorm there's several guys that are super nice they are already quite friendly with. Alli let all of them know in her own way that she is not single, lol. Anna said it sucks because she's very stiff and hesitant to even have guy friends because she's so scared something might develop.

For Anna's sake, I hope they take a break or else she's going to witness her best friend in tears quite often in the future. She might initially take the break up hard but at least she'll feel more free to meet others. A couple of those guys invite them over and Alli will tell Anna she doesn't know if she should which sucks because Anna wants to go socialize with them, lol. Anna certainly won't go alone. So it's kind of affecting Anna's social life too even if Anna has other friends to hang out with.

Quote:
Takes after her Aunt Michele.
Like I said, Anna's not going to want to come home every weekend, but from time-to-time, she will. Also, it's soccer season right now. Anna really wants to see Sara play soccer. The season goes by so quickly. So it makes sense she wants to watch her play. Awesome and so convenient there's a 2 PM game tomorrow. Alli, like I mentioned, might go and see Grant at his college next weekend. Anna will stick around college then and won't come home. She's already made some friends (new friends and she has a couple other high school friends down there too, and a past traveling soccer teammate as well) and will hang out with them on campus next weekend.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

For Anna's sake, I hope they take a break or else she's going to witness her best friend in tears quite often in the future. She might initially take the break up hard but at least she'll feel more free to meet others. A couple of those guys invite them over and Alli will tell Anna she doesn't know if she should which sucks because Anna wants to go socialize with them, lol. Anna certainly won't go alone. So it's kind of affecting Anna's social life too even if Anna has other friends to hang out with.
I hope Alli does break up with her boyfriend. She needs to be free to enjoy college and enjoy meeting others without being afraid.
And you mentioned that Anna has other friends at college. That's good, because she can't always depend on Alli for her social life. If Alli doesn't want to go...Anna should go anyway with others. Why should Anna deprive herself of fun because of Alli?
I'm sure Anna will make tons of friends in addition to the ones she already has there.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread