Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2018, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What is everyone up to this weekend?

I'm doing a few things with Anna this weekend as she prepares for college. Watching sports, working from home as well, my usual. Also, one of my Cleveland friends is doing a Harry Potter reread with me so we're acting like we're reading for the first time and talking about each chapter on chat. This friend is just as obsessed with Harry Potter as I am. We both have shrines of Harry Potter stuff, lol. Anyway, while we could easily just talk on the phone and discuss each chapter, we are doing it in chat form which is really fun.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Dang, Jerry... He’s literally harassing you. He shouldn’t be hounding you at your home. Major invasion of your personal life. It’s one thing if you’re working from home during business hours. But he’s hounding you when you’re on vacation, in the evening, and that’s totally unacceptable. He’s just awful.

I am working from home about 80% of the time and I’m still hardly ever bothered. Matter of fact, when people need to get in touch they feel stupid calling me and will try to email first, only if they desperately need something. I welcome the contact because I am able to work from home so much so of course I don’t mind. But I can count on my one hand the number of times my boss has ever called me at inappropriate times. Those couple instances were due to emergencies... his mother died and another time it was about teaching/filling in last minute. Otherwise, even my boss emails me only and always during work hours.
Yes, he's something else. I'm glad that you have a nice and considerate boss Michelle. Consider it a blessing. I sure don't have one.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-03-2018, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
P.S. While I was out walking, guess who called? My boss! He wanted to talk to me about that bid. I sent him a text and I told him I'd talk to him tomorrow morning. Unreal.
Sounds like this boss is in love with you.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What is everyone up to this weekend?

I'm doing a few things with Anna this weekend as she prepares for college. Watching sports, working from home as well, my usual. Also, one of my Cleveland friends is doing a Harry Potter reread with me so we're acting like we're reading for the first time and talking about each chapter on chat. This friend is just as obsessed with Harry Potter as I am. We both have shrines of Harry Potter stuff, lol. Anyway, while we could easily just talk on the phone and discuss each chapter, we are doing it in chat form which is really fun.
Maybe your friend can post on the board! lol

I'm going away again... Retirement is really a chore.

Going to my inlaws today and tomorrow everyone is getting together for a barbecue. Hopefully the predicted rain doesn't come.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Sucks that nothing important happened and that you feel that your time was lost .
Thanks Koni. Yes, it really does. It was just the usual B.S.

Quote:
Unreal indeed. Good for you on not calling him back. He should not disturb you in your off time.
He's off today so he's supposed to call me but he hasn't called yet. I told him that I had everything under control and that I didn't need his help, but that's not good enough for his micromanaging self.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 08-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Maybe your friend can post on the board! lol
She's magnificent at analyzing Harry Potter. It certainly would be great.

Quote:
I'm going away again... Retirement is really a chore.

Going to my inlaws today and tomorrow everyone is getting together for a barbecue. Hopefully the predicted rain doesn't come.
Have fun!

Here at this very moment we're enduring a hail storm. Golf size hail on the ground. Hope it stays away from you!

Last edited by jediwands; 08-03-2018 at 08:42 AM
Old 08-03-2018, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Agh that's awesome about the Harry Potter reread. I am sure that you will have a lot of fun!
Thanks! Yes, it's really cool. We will read a chapter, then go on chat and brainstorm and analyze and have so much fun talking about every little thing, past, present, future. It takes a good two hours at least and it's just awesome.

Quote:
I have no plans for the weekend. For some reason I am super sleepy these days.
I know why... your work situation too.

How are your sinuses? Are you done with PT and have you returned to the ENT for a recheck?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Sounds awesome! How many are you reading in a day for such chat?

I finished the PT and I have not had time to go to the ENT for recheck. I do feel tension and slight pain sometimes though.

We are reading a chapter every 3/4 days or so. We're kind of setting the time periods on the fly but we're both super dedicated so it's averaging about 3/4 days.

The tension and slight pain is not good. Are you planning on going in for the recheck relatively soon? You have vacation coming up, right? Maybe go around that time period? Your present fatigue could be both work and sinus related?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow that's a lot. I expected less .
Haha, nope. The chapters are short (at least the first two books) and we're dedicated.

Quote:
I do need the recheck, but we will see when. I had to postpone my vacation with one week because too many people in the team requested vacation for the week I wanted.

We will see if I will get better.
So when is your vacation now?
Old 08-03-2018, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
How long roughly is one chapter?

20-24 August for now.
Got it. Few weeks then. Any vacation plans?

It varies but for example, with Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1) each chapter is roughly 15-20 pages.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
At some point the usual B.S gets too much and people get frustrated. I so understand you.
I feel that it was all a waste of time.

Quote:
Agh sucks that he is such a micromanager. Did he call you already?
He called twice. I was able to work from home today though and I got the bid done in peace and quiet.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Old 08-03-2018, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I just got back from shopping/eating with my sister and Anna. My dad met us as well. My dad bought Anna a few things for college like a mini-fridge, two different kinds of fans, and a few other things. I can't believe she's leaving on the 21st. It makes me both happy and sad.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I just got back from shopping/eating with my sister and Anna. My dad met us as well. My dad bought Anna a few things for college like a mini-fridge, two different kinds of fans, and a few other things. I can't believe she's leaving on the 21st. It makes me both happy and sad.
That was really nice of your father. I completely understand your feelings Michelle. Time goes by so quickly doesn't it?

Old 08-03-2018, 06:44 PM
Administrator

I had a much better walk outside tonight than last night because I had a long rest between doing my exercise bikes and treadmills and my walk outside (I was able to get my exercise bikes and treadmill done at 1:00 PM since I was working from home today instead of the being done at 7:15 PM and last night it was 7:45 PM) and it was relatively cool for here (84 Degrees F and it felt like 90 Degrees F) so I really enjoyed my walk and I walked longer than normal.

I feel so much better about myself now that I'm getting back in shape.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think you’ll have a great time visiting her!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread