Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
We're getting torrential rain here right now from that tropical depression that was in the Gulf of Mexico. It's supposed to rain here for days they're saying. I hope that Houston (and Conroe) doesn't flood again like last year.
Hope so too! Do you guys live in an area where flooding can be a major issue?
Old 06-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Do you get tornadoes or thunderstorms that can damage houses?

The problem is at least here in the Midwest and South... with heat comes major storms. They go together like peanut butter and jelly. That's what sucks.
Of course we can. The rains also cause floods and a lot of houses near rivers could get damaged. But winter snowstorms cause a lot of damage as well. Nature causes damages. Luckily for us it does not happen every day, but it could happen few times a year.

My father has seen a huge bridge fall down because of flood and water. It's 5 years after and the bridge is still not recovered and the alternative road is really bad.

Cities like Plovdiv and Sofia are near rivers. Sofia's river is small so that's not an issue. Plovdiv's river is quite large. Once it was that flooded that people did not have power and water supply for days.

My village is near a big river. Quite often the houses near the river get flooded because of the rain.

But my father also keeps tabs on the roads during winter. He knows first hands how many accidents happen in the winter because of the snow. Not to mention the snowstorms we have in the mountain that causes issues too.

We just had severe storm that caused the subway to stop working in Sofia.

Nature could cause a lot of damage and it's not something we can control.

Last edited by secretk; 06-18-2018 at 10:46 AM
Old 06-18-2018, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Hope so too! Do you guys live in an area where flooding can be a major issue?
Houston can and does flood in sections, but where we are in Conroe doesn't flood.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-18-2018, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, it's not fun at all. Flooding, tornadoes, severe thunderstorms.

I'll still take winter weather and winter storms any day over what can happen in the summer without notice when it comes to tornadoes. They are devastating. Even floods can kill because of the electrical aspect. The heat, humidity, severe weather in the summer (and hurricanes during any time of the year in warm weather areas) with tornadoes, excessive flooding, hurricanes. It is devastating.

Winter weather you can protect yourself... stay indoors. You cannot hide from tornadoes.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-19-2018 at 07:22 AM
Old 06-18-2018, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Houston can and does flood in sections, but where we are in Conroe doesn't flood.
That's good you live in a better area when it comes to flooding.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That's good you live in a better area when it comes to flooding.
The real worry I have is getting to and from work. It's stopped raining here for now. It's like a sauna outside though.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 06-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The real worry I have is getting to and from work. It's stopped raining here for now. It's like a sauna outside though.
At least you air conditioning at work. I didn't. Most schools are not air conditioned. That was a nightmare.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's right. Getting to work cannot be fun. If it gets dangerous would they tell you to stay home?

Yes, sauna here too.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
At least you air conditioning at work. I didn't. Most schools are not air conditioned. That was a nightmare.
That's very true Betty.

Old 06-18-2018, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
That's right. Getting to work cannot be fun. If it gets dangerous would they tell you to stay home?

Yes, sauna here too.
If it's really bad, they have an emergency number to call and then they let us know whether to come in or not.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
If it's really bad, they have an emergency number to call and then they let us know whether to come in or not.
That's good. What's the weather like right now?
Old 06-19-2018, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

66 F right now and humidity is 87%.

However, things have cooled off some. It's slightly raining right now so the rain has helped. But it seems as if the extended forecast is showing highs in the low 80s for the next week before it goes back into the death zone known as the 90s.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-19-2018 at 06:04 AM
Old 06-19-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Currently, 61 F with Humidity 100%

But still feels really nice at 61 F. I’ll take it.
Old 06-19-2018, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
That's good. What's the weather like right now?
It's cool (for here) and rainy right now. The current temperature is 74° F with 97% humidity.

Old 06-19-2018, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's cool (for here) and rainy right now. The current temperature is 74° F with 97% humidity.
That's good.

Is it predicted to continue raining for a while? Any slowing down?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread