Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2018, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

County High Cafeteria #131: Who cares about a title when we're all questioning our "smart, competent" doctors?

Old 05-30-2018, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Last edited by secretk; 10-03-2018 at 11:11 AM
Old 05-30-2018, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

No problem!
Old 05-30-2018, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread! I feel so much better today. I went to bed early (9:00 PM) and I slept the night, so now I feel normal. Yesterday I was dragging because I took a long time to fall asleep Monday night, so I only got 5 hours of sleep, and then when we walked Goldie it was brutally hot out, and that took a lot out of me, so a good night's sleep is really what I needed. I was going to do my two mile walk after the sun went down but I was too tired to do it plus it was so hot so I may have to rethink that.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-30-2018, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You're welcome.

I know Goldie LOVES walking but man when it's super hot and humid you should adjust according when you can. Schedules are great (I live for them lol) but in this horrible heat and humidity it's tough to stick to a regular schedule.

I know you guys have a pool but is your backyard big enough for Goldie to run around in? On days when walking is too difficult you could always toss the ball and run around a bit with Goldie too.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Yes, our backyard is big enough for Goldie to run around in and when I get home I go out with her in the backyard and she runs back and forth, but she really likes her walks. We walk a mile with her on our walks, and we all seem to do okay, but last night was absolutely brutal, so we're going to have to see how it goes. I still did my indoor workout last night and it went okay, but I was just tired. I think that tonight's workout should go better.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 05-30-2018, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ That sucks. My sleep is messed up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Yes, our backyard is big enough for Goldie to run around in and when I get home I go out with her in the backyard and she runs back and forth, but she really likes her walks. We walk a mile with her on our walks, and we all seem to do okay, but last night was absolutely brutal, so we're going to have to see how it goes. I still did my indoor workout last night and it went okay, but I was just tired. I think that tonight's workout should go better.
That's good! Hope your walk tonight goes well and it's not too hot and humid.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:23 PM
Administrator

Michelle you're so right when you said that pets can sense when you're upset! I was putting together a new office chair tonight and I was getting really stressed out and Goldie could tell that I was upset and she kept coming over and jumping up on me and kissing me! She helped me to relax and I finished putting the chair together!

Old 05-30-2018, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Michelle you're so right when you said that pets can sense when you're upset! I was putting together a new office chair tonight and I was getting really stressed out and Goldie could tell that I was upset and she kept coming over and jumping up on me and kissing me! She helped me to relax and I finished putting the chair together!
Awe, that’s great! Goldie absolutely intuitively knew and she did everything she could to calm and comfort you.

Dogs are incredibly intuitive and aware of their surroundings. It’s strongly assumed dogs can see spirits and loved ones who have passed too. I’ve witnessed it with Buddy personally, I have it on tape. Dogs are amazing and your precious Goldie is a pertfect example.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I hope that you manage to sleep more this night. I have slept like 2 and half hours. I managed to finally fall asleep around 2:30 AM and I had to wake up around 4:30 AM. I went to bed around 11 PM, tossed around, got up, did some work and then came back in bed after 2 AM. Luckily tomorrow it's Friday.
Wow that sucks! How are you going to get through today at work? You’re going to be exhausted.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
We will see. I have been sleeping like that since Monday/Tuesday night. I think that I am having one of those periods where I won't be able to sleep more than 2/3 hours and as a result I won't be able to eat a lot. I am not hungry when I have not slept properly.

Why are you still posting? It seems that you can't sleep as well .
I slept for 4 hours which is good because the past two nights I didn't even sleep one night and the other night I got 3 hours. For me, the pelvic floor/stomach sensitivity is keeping me up. Low back pain, bloating, some nausea. This is my norm lately.

How do you feel while working right now? Do you think the virus has thrown off your system right now and that's why you can't sleep? Have you found out more about this trip to Germany?
Old 05-31-2018, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Awe, that’s great! Goldie absolutely intuitively knew and she did everything she could to calm and comfort you.

Dogs are incredibly intuitive and aware of their surroundings. It’s strongly assumed dogs can see spirits and loved ones who have passed too. I’ve witnessed it with Buddy personally, I have it on tape. Dogs are amazing and your precious Goldie is a perfect example.
Thanks so much Michelle!

When I worked out on the recumbent exercise bike, once again, Goldie wanted to be petted almost the entire time I was on it, which makes the workout a little harder, but I can't deny her! Every time I would stop, she would push my hand with her nose!

Old 05-31-2018, 05:00 AM
Administrator

Man, that's so awful that you both didn't get a lot of sleep!

I'm like a zombie if I don't get enough sleep.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks so much Michelle!

When I worked out on the recumbent exercise bike, once again, Goldie wanted to be petted almost the entire time I was on it, which makes the workout a little harder, but I can't deny her! Every time I would stop, she would push my hand with her nose!
Cute! I bet if she could, she’d go on the exercise bike with you.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Man, that's so awful that you both didn't get a lot of sleep!

I'm like a zombie if I don't get enough sleep.
My sister gets way less sleep on a long term basis. I don’t know how she does it... full time mother of two teens, wife, full time research scientist leading an entire lab of scientists, and she suffers from insomnia. She’s lucky if she gets 3-4 hours of sleep a night and this has been going on for years. She gets a little more sleep on weekends if schedule permits but throughout the week, forget about it. I don’t know how she does it. I worry about her when she’s driving to and from work, afraid she’s going to fall asleep.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread