Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2018, 02:34 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,871
County High Cafeteria #127: Who needs a title when we have the Kennedy family to talk about during this winter that never ends?

Wilpen is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 02:38 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,871
Last page of posts on previous thread
Wilpen is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 02:39 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,871
... wanted to bring this one specifically over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Jerry, I'm sure you remember this:

Wilpen is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 02:50 PM
  #4
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 47,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
... wanted to bring this one specifically over:
Thanks, Michelle!


I remember that beautiful heartbreaking scene so well! I really believe that John F Kennedy and Jacqueline had the most well adjusted kids of the entire family. Such a tragedy that we lost John Jr. so soon.
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 04:00 PM
  #5
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Thanks, Michelle!


I remember that beautiful heartbreaking scene so well! I really believe that John F Kennedy and Jacqueline had the most well adjusted kids of the entire family. Such a tragedy that we lost John Jr. so soon.
You’re welcome!

That scene is heartbreaking indeed.

On a superficial note... JFK Junior was one of the most breathtakingly handsome men to have ever walked this planet, lol. He was gorgeous. When he smiled, I think the knees of many became very weak.
Wilpen is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 04:30 PM
  #6
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 47,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
You’re welcome!

That scene is heartbreaking indeed.

On a superficial note... JFK Junior was one of the most breathtakingly handsome men to have ever walked this planet, lol. He was gorgeous. When he smiled, I think the knees of many became very weak.
That's why I need knee surgery.
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 04:32 PM
  #7
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's why I need knee surgery.
Wilpen is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 04:35 PM
  #8
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 93,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Jerry, I'm sure you remember this:

I remember that so well, and I actually saw it on television when it happened.

Yes, John F. Kennedy Jr. was incredibly handsome and charming. It's such a shame that we lost him too soon.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 04:49 PM
  #9
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 93,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Sirhan Sirhan is still alive, too. I hope he is rotting away.
He's denied parole every time he's eligible for it, and I hope he rots and dies in prison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
What are your thoughts on why he was assassinated? Is Sirhan Sirhan to be believed or could there be more to and maybe two shooters were involved?
Like his brother, I think that there were a lot of people that wanted Robert F. Kennedy dead. He had gone after the Mob with a vengeance when he was Attorney General, Lyndon Johnson hated him, and Bobby had also said that when he became President he would find out the truth about what had happened to his brother. I've read books though that said that even if he had lived, he probably wouldn't have received the Democratic nomination for President in 1968 because Hubert Humphrey pretty much had the nomination locked up before the Democratic National Convention even started, (the nomination process was different then) but it's impossible to know if that was the truth. If he was nominated, though, I feel that he would have beaten Richard Nixon as Nixon barely beat Humphrey in the 1968 Presidential Election, and I feel the Kennedy name alone would have carried him to victory.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 05:48 PM
  #10
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I remember that so well, and I actually saw it on television when it happened.

Yes, John F. Kennedy Jr. was incredibly handsome and charming. It's such a shame that we lost him too soon.
My mom and Grandmother both talked about this moment before.

Father/son reunited. I firmly believe in Heaven we’re not sitting on clouds even if we are happy and feel incredible. I think there is work we all do on the Other Side. We do it for our Souls and for Mankind. I believe father/son are working together.

He was so handsome. I have no doubt he would have become our president had he lived long enough.
Wilpen is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 05:52 PM
  #11
Fan Forum Star

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 117,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
He's denied parole every time he's eligible for it, and I hope he rots and dies in prison.
Despicable scum of the earth.

Quote:
Like his brother, I think that there were a lot of people that wanted Robert F. Kennedy dead. He had gone after the Mob with a vengeance when he was Attorney General, Lyndon Johnson hated him, and Bobby had also said that when he became President he would find out the truth about what had happened to his brother. I've read books though that said that even if he had lived, he probably wouldn't have received the Democratic nomination for President in 1968 because Hubert Humphrey pretty much had the nomination locked up before the Democratic National Convention even started, (the nomination process was different then) but it's impossible to know if that was the truth. If he was nominated, though, I feel that he would have beaten Richard Nixon as Nixon barely beat Humphrey in the 1968 Presidential Election, and I feel the Kennedy name alone would have carried him to victory.
Really interesting, Jerry. I’m learning a lot from you.

As I was reading your words, when I read Lyndon Johnson I got a bad feeling. There are theories he might have been involved in shady dealings, right? Maybe even the JFK assassination?
Wilpen is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 06:34 PM
  #12
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 93,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Despicable scum of the earth.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Really interesting, Jerry. I’m learning a lot from you.
Aww, thanks! I love history and I'm especially fascinated by the Kennedy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
As I was reading your words, when I read Lyndon Johnson I got a bad feeling. There are theories he might have been involved in shady dealings, right? Maybe even the JFK assassination?
Lyndon Johnson was a very shady character, and books have been written saying that he was behind the assassination of JFK because he was going to be dropped from the ticket in 1964 and him and Bobby Kennedy hated each other. I haven't heard any rumors that he was behind the assassination of RFK, but I wouldn't put it past him. Once RFK announced that he was running for President, LBJ announced that he wouldn't be seeking the nomination for President in 1968.

LBJ was a really contradictory character. He was a master politician and he was able to get the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed (JFK had initiated it but it was stalled in Congress) and the Voting Rights Act of 1965 passed because he had been Senate Majority Leader before he became Vice President and he knew how to cajole people into doing what he wanted and he knew what arms to twist to accomplish his goals, and he started The Great Society Program, which was a set of domestic programs whose main goal was the elimination of poverty and racial injustice, but he escalated the Vietnam War under false pretenses (the so-called Gulf of Tonkin Incident was fabricated so Johnson could send combat troops into Vietnam) which caused 58,000 Americans to be killed, and over 300,000 Americans injured, and which caused so much strife and unrest in this country, and he was also a very vindictive man and a very shady operator who stole his initial election to the Senate and who was a wheeler-dealer his whole career. Vietnam overshadowed anything that he accomplished domestically (and he did accomplish a lot domestically) and he left office a broken and bitter man and he died five years later.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 07:41 PM
  #13
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 47,723
Jerry, you are explaining everything so well! I lived through all of this as well, but I'm learning alot from you!
everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 07:43 PM
  #14
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 47,723
I thought you guys would enjoy seeing this photo of our first ladies all together...including a young Hillary Clinton...

everwoodfan52 is offline  
Old 04-24-2018, 07:44 PM
  #15
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 93,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Jerry, you are explaining everything so well! I lived through all of this as well, but I'm learning alot from you!
Thanks so much Betty!
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.


TEST