Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Ugh your boss is a jerk. You are offering to do your job and you basically want to ensure that you will be the most efficient to do it and then he gives you hard time about it.

When was he supposed to be off? I hope that it's soon. Or the bliss ended?
I think later this month but I'm not sure. I'll be glad when he's gone.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I think later this month but I'm not sure. I'll be glad when he's gone.
You and your co-workers will be able to work peacefully.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Betty, did you have to work with difficult co-workers/boss?
Not as bad as Koni and Jerry. I've worked with bosses (Principals) who were too lenient with the kids or didn't back you up with parents and that is really tough to deal with as a teacher. But for the most part...I surrounded myself with good co-worker friends and didn't have to deal with much trouble...except for the occasional incorrigible student! lol
Old 03-02-2018, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That is awesome Betty! You find the best pics and gifs. Funny enough I was just talking to K right now and telling him about having focus .

And thanks for the encouragement!
You're welcome! I don't look for these pics. They just pop up on Facebook!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Not as bad as Koni and Jerry. I've worked with bosses (Principals) who were too lenient with the kids or didn't back you up with parents and that is really tough to deal with as a teacher. But for the most part...I surrounded myself with good co-worker friends and didn't have to deal with much trouble...except for the occasional incorrigible student! lol
How old were the students you usually taught?
Old 03-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
You're welcome! I don't look for these pics. They just pop up on Facebook!
And they really pop up for you in the right time! You have knack on noticing them.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Sounds interesting. How many teams are competing in the tournament?
Just those four. It's basically the best teams in the world. However, Germany is considered #2 in the world and I don't know if they've gotten worse or the US at #1 has gotten even better but it seems like Germany has taken a step back. They played defensively the entire game last night. France looks pathetic. I don't know what happened to them. They are awful. England looked like they were playing against a bad high school team. It wasn't a fluke either because Germany beat them up in November. England has gotten quite good.

Quote:
3 minutes driving or walking? Wow quite early hour for the groomer though I assume you prefer it this way.
3 minutes driving. The groomer is extremely busy, especially on Saturdays. I set it up deliberately at 8 AM. Buddy is not so energetic and somewhat tired in the morning so he'll be more relaxed at the groomer. If he went there at noon or 2/3 he'd feel the experience much more.

Quote:
Sounds good! Keep me posted on how the meeting goes!
Okay!
Old 03-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He said that I was doing it too much and that people were talking, which is his passive aggressive chicken-s--t way of saying that he doesn't like it.
What a jerk! Unreal! Wow, I don't know how you deal with that idiot. I will bet (no, I know!) he was lying about people talking, too. He's awful. So glad you didn't back down.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
LOL I figured for you the challenge mostly was those one or two students, haha.

Your past situation is basically mine. I paint a rosy picture but of course, there's a bad egg or two I encounter as well. My boss is great though. A couple colorful co-workers however I wouldn't lose any sleep over if they were to quit tomorrow. Good news is I don't have to see them much and when I do, we're all so independent it's not bad anyway.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How old were the students you usually taught?
12 year olds.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I have a stupid migraine headache. Not my usual migraine with aura which blinds me for 30 minutes either. This one is common migraine with head pain and light sensitivity. Pain is on and between eyes. I just went outside with Buddy and my eyes are very sensitive to light. I guess not sleeping for about 36 hours is the cause.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Administrator

I'm so sorry to hear that Michelle and I hope that you feel better soon.

Fortunately for me and Teresa, we don't get migraine headaches, but my mother would get them and when she did she was basically bedridden.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that Michelle and I hope that you feel better soon.

Fortunately for me and Teresa, we don't get migraine headaches, but my mother would get them and when she did she was basically bedridden.
Thanks, Jerry.

Good that you guys don’t get them. Awe your poor mom. They are awful. Unfortunately they are on both sides of my family. I prefer the migraine with aura type because while you have to deal with visual disturbance for 30 minutes (and it always makes me nervous) the headache is very mild. Common migraine like the one your mom had is the bedridden kind because the pain can be incapacitating and might last for days and days. I get migraine with aura regularly (average about once every 1-2 months) and hardly ever get common migraine (average 1-2 times a year).

How has your GERD been?

What are your plans this weekend?
Old 03-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks, Jerry.

Good that you guys don’t get them. Awe your poor mom. They are awful. Unfortunately they are on both sides of my family. I prefer the migraine with aura type because while you have to deal with visual disturbance for 30 minutes (and it always makes me nervous) the headache is very mild. Common migraine like the one your mom had is the bedridden kind because the pain can be incapacitating and might last for days and days. I get migraine with aura regularly (average about once every 1-2 months) and hardly ever get common migraine (average 1-2 times a year).
Man, that's rough! Yes, my mother would sometimes be in bed for days when she would get them.

Quote:
How has your GERD been?
It's been good lately thanks. Your advice to take over the counter Nexium really helped, so thank you.

Quote:
What are your plans this weekend?
Unfortunately I have to work. The customer came back with more questions and I have to revise my bid and send it out Monday. I'd rather do it over the weekend in peace and quiet then try to rush it out from the office on Monday.

Teresa called me at lunch on our home phone and she said "Are you still home?" and I answered "Well I must be if I answered the phone!" LOL! She laughed!

Her boss told her that she's been more productive than their Number One person, which really made her happy. Even if this job doesn't turn into something permanent, it's really boosted her confidence.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have a stupid migraine headache. Not my usual migraine with aura which blinds me for 30 minutes either. This one is common migraine with head pain and light sensitivity. Pain is on and between eyes. I just went outside with Buddy and my eyes are very sensitive to light. I guess not sleeping for about 36 hours is the cause.
Could it be weather related this time? Barometric pressure gives me headaches sometimes.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread