Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2018, 12:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Why every two weeks? They probably work for one week and take the next week to figure out a way to explain why they are behind and not doing the work properly or in a timely manner.
It's the way the management controls the Developers basically. By showing something every two weeks the management thinks that they know what's going on. This is the way the French work. It's not the way the Germans work.

On the other hand it shows how much their management trusts them. And yes most probably they do spend a lot of time trying to figure out what they will say when asked why something did not happen.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It's in Bulgaria .
Oh okay. Hopefully the process is smooth.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's the way the management controls the Developers basically. By showing something every two weeks the management thinks that they know what's going on. This is the way the French work. It's not the way the Germans work.

On the other hand it shows how much their management trusts them. And yes most probably they do spend a lot of time trying to figure out what they will say when asked why something did not happen.
I see.

Sounds like a delicate situation.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I've gotten burned ordering from random sites so I stick with Amazon.
There is a clothing site that often pops up online that I was fooled into buying from once. The clothing looks so awesome in the photos and the price is right.
Well...it turned out that the merchandise and company are Chinese and they think everyone is super tiny like most people from China. What I ordered couldn't even fit a 10 year old, and the kicker is...you have to mail it back to China to get any kind of refund so it's not worth it. Added to the size was the fact that the fabric was so poor....looked like a rag! Boy...it looked so great in the photo!
After the fact (Something I should have done before purchasing the item) I checked the buyers' reviews. It was unanimous: DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE. THE SIZES ARE OFF...THE FABRIC IS **** AND YOU CAN'T GET A REFUND!

Lesson learned!
Old 02-12-2018, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That sucks, Betty.

Yes, ordering online can be great if you trust the site and know what you're purchasing is legit. Otherwise, it can be a nightmare like the one you experienced.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Awesome, sounds good!

What did you end up ordering for Goldie?
Some dog toys and some treats. I'll let you know exactly what we get when our package arrives.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
There is a clothing site that often pops up online that I was fooled into buying from once. The clothing looks so awesome in the photos and the price is right.
Well...it turned out that the merchandise and company are Chinese and they think everyone is super tiny like most people from China. What I ordered couldn't even fit a 10 year old, and the kicker is...you have to mail it back to China to get any kind of refund so it's not worth it. Added to the size was the fact that the fabric was so poor....looked like a rag! Boy...it looked so great in the photo!
After the fact (Something I should have done before purchasing the item) I checked the buyers' reviews. It was unanimous: DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SITE. THE SIZES ARE OFF...THE FABRIC IS **** AND YOU CAN'T GET A REFUND!

Lesson learned!
We ordered a remote control for one of our old VCR/DVD Combos from E-Bay and it came from China and it didn't work, and when I tried to contact the company they basically blew me off and said that I would have to send it back to China at my expense and E-Bay was no help. We ended up finding a remote control at a local VCR Repair Shop that worked. Like you said Betty, lesson learned.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 02-12-2018, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Some dog toys and some treats. I'll let you know exactly what we get when our package arrives.
Sounds good.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
We ordered a remote control for one of our old VCR/DVD Combos from E-Bay and it came from China and it didn't work, and when I tried to contact the company they basically blew me off and said that I would have to send it back to China at my expense and E-Bay was no help. We ended up finding a remote control at a local VCR Repair Shop that worked. Like you said Betty, lesson learned.
That's how they get you, Jerry. It's a win win for them. You get crap and you have to keep it.

Quote:
That sucks, Betty.

Yes, ordering online can be great if you trust the site and know what you're purchasing is legit. Otherwise, it can be a nightmare like the one you experienced.
Never again! Now I only order from Amazon or a reputable department store.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
That's how they get you, Jerry. It's a win win for them. You get crap and you have to keep it.

Never again! Now I only order from Amazon or a reputable department store.
Precisely.

I don’t know how these companies are okay with taking advantage. They are so full of filth they find a way to legally get away with it even though it’s manipulative and shady. Imagine the amount of people they take advantage of... awful.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh okay. Hopefully the process is smooth.
I hope so too!

Wow Jerry and Betty some bad experiences you have which basically explains why I stay away from those sites as a whole.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I see.

Sounds like a delicate situation.
It's something that takes time to resolve fully. French like this process, we do not like it. And it takes time for them to get used to the idea that we would not follow it . However I really am patient person and work long to achieve stuff so as long as I know that we are working on it, we are OK.

Plus we now semi follow the process. Like we go to only one demo meeting per 2 weeks. We used to have daily meetings with them and now we skip this part.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's something that takes time to resolve fully. French like this process, we do not like it. And it takes time for them to get used to the idea that we would not follow it . However I really am patient person and work long to achieve stuff so as long as I know that we are working on it, we are OK.

Plus we now semi follow the process. Like we go to only one demo meeting per 2 weeks. We used to have daily meetings with them and now we skip this part.
I think the French just want to sit in meetings all day long without having to work, lol.

This was the schedule of the idiot I knew:

Arrived to work 7ish...
Break room with others until 8.
Work until 9.
Another Break from 9-10 or 11
Work until noon
Two full hour lunch from noon-2
Meeting from 2-4
Leave around 4

Granted, she was having affairs with two different men which could account for longer breaks but I couldn’t believe how she totalled only 25% approximately of actual work a day. And she was a software engineer who supposedly was higher up in her company. She had a boss who was so perverted I couldn’t believe what he pulled on a daily basis along with several male coworkers just as perverted and bizarre. Such a weird scenario all around. One that I couldn’t believe each day. I’d be on chat with her all day long usually shocked or weirded out but these bizarre happenings.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:

Arrived to work 7ish...
Work until 9.
Work until noon
Meeting from 2-4
Leave around 4

Granted, she was having affairs with two different men which could account for longer breaks but I couldn’t believe how she totalled only 25% approximately of actual work a day. And she was a software engineer who supposedly was higher up in her company. She had a boss who was so perverted I couldn’t believe what he pulled on a daily basis along with several male coworkers just as perverted and bizarre. Such a weird scenario all around. One that I couldn’t believe each day. I’d be on chat with her all day long usually shocked or weirded out but these bizarre happenings.
Wow, that's unbelievable!

Your description of that idiot's day reminds me of this scene from the movie Office Space:

That movie was such a perfect parody of what it's like to work in an office, and so much of it was so dead on.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think the French just want to sit in meetings all day long without having to work, lol.
In general totally possible .

Quote:
Arrived to work 7ish...
Work until 9.
Work until noon
Meeting from 2-4
Leave around 4
So she worked like 2 hours?

Unfortunately I can't work a lot because I have like at least 2/3 meetings every day. And of course being me I need to prepare myself mentally for those meetings which means that more than half of my day is wasted on meetings.

Quote:
Can you provide examples for the perverted nature of her boss?