Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2018, 11:15 AM
  #91
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I think that's entirely possible. I don't like generalizing but many men hate admitting when they're wrong or are unsure. I don't know if it's a macho thing or what but they did a study on men and women lost while driving. The women wouldn't hesitate to ask someone for help/directions while the men are satisfied driving around, late for something, delayed in general, because of pride and not wanting to say they need help. I am sure that's part of why they are like this. Plus, you are a woman and even unconsciously that could play a part. You are showing them up.
The jerk and the boss do have issues admitting that they are unsure or that they are wrong .

Quote:
It makes sense you were like this. I was too.
Yeah it is natural for us to be like that . However that is another reason why we seem so magical to others. From their point of view we seem at first slow, quiet, not assertive and then suddenly we get really fast, really assertive, really competent. And it's like out of nowhere.

Quote:
Got it. Would you say that he's pretty good at what he does, though?
He is not bad at what he does, but extra ordinary he is not. He tends to find the solution that fits him the best and not what fits the situation the best. He tends to not explain properly what he does and quite often he has this attitude "I did my job, I don't care about the rest". For example right now the project manager has issues with him because he does not want to give her proper information on what he does and what is the status or what he had agreed on with the French.

He also does not know when to keep his mouth shut. When it comes to my project he just does not know enough so it's better to remain silent. Otherwise he stirs up discussions that are a waste of time.

I do not think that he is some genius that we should tolerate. I think that he is average and his attitude does not help him.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 11:18 AM
  #92
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Got it. Do you think he's satisfied with this set up?
He is not, but there is nothing that he could do. Most of the questions that people ask are related to my project and I could answer them better than him. Also in most cases the Germans specifically ask me and mention my name. Of course that I would answer. Also my former boss did not like to talk and he preferred for me to do most of the talking which explains why I am used to it .

Quote:
I see. So are you basically saying it's probably a fair raise for him given the circumstances?
It depends on how you look at things. For him obviously it's not. For me it is. Not everyone in the company wants to admit the importance of my project because not everyone gets to work on it. K had the choice and he decided to not work on that project. Not that he would have been good working at it. He was not. However this decision might have impact on his salary raise.

Quote:
I am sure the English thing REALLY annoys him. Especially since he knows the Germans take English seriously.
Well it's his problem . He is the one that does not get better at it .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:47 PM
  #93
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
This diner sounds awesome! Cool that you get to enjoy their food.



Sounds good way to spend Saturday .
Yes, it has been good. Migraine headache still lingering. Now with the visual migraine type I do not have the severe temple pain though. I just get hammered with the visual disturbance for 30 minutes followed by a dull headache. So this dull headache has persisted today. It's right over my eyes, more on the left and a bit in the temple but dull, not sharp. But it's making my eyes feel very heavy, sort of like I cannot keep them open or I don't want to. I have a feeling I am going to go to sleep rather easily, the second the NFL games have concluded, maybe around 9/10. If I have to tape the Minnesota Wild hockey game, I will.

How was your day/night?
The Apt is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:49 PM
  #94
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Interesting that you see things about Sofia around you. Yeah, the scenery here is interesting to check. As we are used to it, we don't appreciate it that much. This is true .
Yes, I've seen commercials on Sofia.

I don't think my mom's side of the family realize/d how gorgeous Western PA is either. It's just all you know so it's there whereas someone who doesn't regularly frequent the state/city they are going to notice/embrace the beauty way more.
The Apt is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:52 PM
  #95
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
The jerk and the boss do have issues admitting that they are unsure or that they are wrong .
Has to be part of it.

Quote:
Yeah it is natural for us to be like that . However that is another reason why we seem so magical to others. From their point of view we seem at first slow, quiet, not assertive and then suddenly we get really fast, really assertive, really competent. And it's like out of nowhere.
Exactly. I read that's also part of our specific personality make up too. Not just Introversion but your INTJ and my INFJ.

Quote:
He is not bad at what he does, but extra ordinary he is not. He tends to find the solution that fits him the best and not what fits the situation the best. He tends to not explain properly what he does and quite often he has this attitude "I did my job, I don't care about the rest". For example right now the project manager has issues with him because he does not want to give her proper information on what he does and what is the status or what he had agreed on with the French.

He also does not know when to keep his mouth shut. When it comes to my project he just does not know enough so it's better to remain silent. Otherwise he stirs up discussions that are a waste of time.

I do not think that he is some genius that we should tolerate. I think that he is average and his attitude does not help him.
He sounds so opposite of the Capricorn Sign. That's just not how Capricorn's operate when it comes to work. He sounds so annoying. I was thinking maybe if his work is really good then putting up with his horrible personality might be worth it. But I see that is definitely not the case.
The Apt is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 02:55 PM
  #96
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
He is not, but there is nothing that he could do. Most of the questions that people ask are related to my project and I could answer them better than him. Also in most cases the Germans specifically ask me and mention my name. Of course that I would answer. Also my former boss did not like to talk and he preferred for me to do most of the talking which explains why I am used to it .
Got it.

Quote:
It depends on how you look at things. For him obviously it's not. For me it is. Not everyone in the company wants to admit the importance of my project because not everyone gets to work on it. K had the choice and he decided to not work on that project. Not that he would have been good working at it. He was not. However this decision might have impact on his salary raise.
I see what you mean. Basically the ball was in his court. He could have chosen to get that raise depending on the decisions he made regarding work. Even if he wasn't great at it, at least he could have gone with hard work and made the effort to figure out a way to be fairly good.

Quote:
Well it's his problem . He is the one that does not get better at it .
LOL Exactly.
The Apt is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:36 PM
  #97
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Yes, it has been good. Migraine headache still lingering. Now with the visual migraine type I do not have the severe temple pain though. I just get hammered with the visual disturbance for 30 minutes followed by a dull headache. So this dull headache has persisted today. It's right over my eyes, more on the left and a bit in the temple but dull, not sharp. But it's making my eyes feel very heavy, sort of like I cannot keep them open or I don't want to. I have a feeling I am going to go to sleep rather easily, the second the NFL games have concluded, maybe around 9/10. If I have to tape the Minnesota Wild hockey game, I will.

How was your day/night?
Good that for the most part you feel fine. Obviously it could be far better, but it could have been worse. You need to relax .

I spent most of the day sleeping. I guess I was tired enough .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:36 PM
  #98
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Yes, I've seen commercials on Sofia.

I don't think my mom's side of the family realize/d how gorgeous Western PA is either. It's just all you know so it's there whereas someone who doesn't regularly frequent the state/city they are going to notice/embrace the beauty way more.
This is so true . People do not realize what they have and usually take it for granted .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:39 PM
  #99
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Has to be part of it.
For sure .

Quote:
Exactly. I read that's also part of our specific personality make up too. Not just Introversion but your INTJ and my INFJ.
It's how Introverted Intuition works. It needs a little time to get familiar with the environment, people and topic. After this initial set up it starts showing its magical power .

Quote:
He sounds so opposite of the Capricorn Sign. That's just not how Capricorn's operate when it comes to work. He sounds so annoying. I was thinking maybe if his work is really good then putting up with his horrible personality might be worth it. But I see that is definitely not the case.
At least for me not. I do not see him as some sort of genius. Now the other guy in his position is smart, but he also knows to give credit to people. I think that he is ISTJ. He just came to me yesterday with a question and he was like "I am too much into the details and you have the bigger picture so you can tell me if this will be needed or not." He has no issues admitting that someone else is doing something good or that knows something better than him.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 03:42 PM
  #100
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)

I see what you mean. Basically the ball was in his court. He could have chosen to get that raise depending on the decisions he made regarding work. Even if he wasn't great at it, at least he could have gone with hard work and made the effort to figure out a way to be fairly good.
Yes. Of course it's all speculation, but I do not see any reason for him to remain silent if his raise was similar to M's and mine.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 04:52 PM
  #101
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 90,941
I've had my share of issues with my boss as well. On Wednesday he told me that my group had the worst KPI (Key Process Indicator) for getting our quotes out on time in the whole company, and he complained about three people in our group who never get their bids done on time. I hate it when he talks about my co-workers to me because there's nothing I can do about it, and it's none of my business. If he's unhappy with my co-workers' performance, he needs to talk to them about it and not me! Then yesterday, I found out he was lying about our group having the worst KPI (Key Process Indicator) for getting our quotes out on time, because the quote group in Massachusetts had a worse record because he was showing me the document that had that information and I noticed that the other group had a lower percentage than our group did! So I said "why did you say we had the worst percentage when the group in Massachusetts did?" and he answered "this isn't supposed to be a contest" instead of admitting that he lied.

Then today, there was an emergency order of his that needs to go out on Monday so one of the guys in the shop came in to test the pump, and I volunteered to do the calculation for the pump that the customer had ordered on my day off from home and I sent the results to the shop, so instead of saying thank you, he wrote me to say that the calculation didn't look right. I double checked my calculation and it was correct, and so once again, instead of saying thank you for me voluntarily working on a Saturday, all he did was point out an error, which wasn't an error.

He's such a jerk.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 07:58 PM
  #102
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Good that for the most part you feel fine. Obviously it could be far better, but it could have been worse. You need to relax .

I spent most of the day sleeping. I guess I was tired enough .
I'm struggling to stay awake. I was just telling my dad I feel almost drunk... but knowing what I'm doing. I just have that buzzed feeling inside my head, I want to sleep, I don't feel like concentrating because I'm so tired with a heavy feeling in my eyes. Definitely due to the migraine and not sleeping much last night. Two 2 hour sleeping sessions isn't going to do it. Hopefully I'll get to sleep by midnight.

Good that you relaxed/slept most of the day. You obviously really needed it. I think that's a sign you might not be getting enough sleep during the week when you're at work being the magician.
The Apt is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 08:02 PM
  #103
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
This is so true . People do not realize what they have and usually take it for granted .
100%.
The Apt is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 08:04 PM
  #104
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
For sure .



It's how Introverted Intuition works. It needs a little time to get familiar with the environment, people and topic. After this initial set up it starts showing its magical power .
That's honestly the story of my life, Koni. It's really amazing how I'm finally getting the "Why?" answers answered, lol.

Quote:
At least for me not. I do not see him as some sort of genius. Now the other guy in his position is smart, but he also knows to give credit to people. I think that he is ISTJ. He just came to me yesterday with a question and he was like "I am too much into the details and you have the bigger picture so you can tell me if this will be needed or not." He has no issues admitting that someone else is doing something good or that knows something better than him.
That's awesome. He probably knows his personality type, lol. At the very least, he knows how he ticks and that's great he's not afraid of telling you his way and then needing someone else to balance it out.
The Apt is offline  
Old 01-13-2018, 08:05 PM
  #105
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yes. Of course it's all speculation, but I do not see any reason for him to remain silent if his raise was similar to M's and mine.
That's what I thought initially too and certainly continue to think now as well.
The Apt is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.