Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2018, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Brrr. -30F is really cold . Any idea when it will get better?
Not for another week or so and even then we're talking 10-15 F. That's better than -30 F though. LOL
Old 01-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Guys I now know what would be my salary raise that I will first receive in this month. Let me tell you that it's better than I ever have imagined it to be.

Spoiler:

I could not believe my eyes when I saw that. I already called my mother and she was like "Now I can resign without worries". I of course confirmed and told her that she should not worry about this.

I do not think that there are a lot of people in our country in our sector that get paid that much. Sure there are people, but there are not that many.
Wow, that's wonderful! Congratulations!
Old 01-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Oh that's right, lol. I knew this.

Where is the boss of all project managers from? What office?
He is in Frankfurt so Germany . However I have not worked with him until last year August when I had to basically stir up the discussion and basically causes issues for the French. I guess I had impressed them even before that because the project manager had to go in vacation and they decided that I will take her place. So basically I acted as a project manager for one week and I had the "pleasure" to announce that M left the team which was a challenge to me because I found out this and then the next day I had a meeting a woman from the German office that is the right hand of the second German CTO. Basically I had the meeting on Friday where I challenged the French openly and then next week I had to act as project manager. I had one call with him to discuss some details as he was instructed by the German CTO to protect me and be behind my back but did not know details on what I have agreed with the German CTO. After our exchange via phone he commended me both in email and via phone and told me that he wants me in his team and asked me to mentor the project manager in the Bulgarian office.

O actually told me that M is lucky that I was the project manager that week and not the real project manager .
Old 01-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's what I figured. I picked up on this immediately. Very cool.
Definitely . I just feel uncomfortable you know.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Not for another week or so and even then we're talking 10-15 F. That's better than -30 F though. LOL
Right. Still cold, but a bit better than -30 F.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Wow, that's wonderful! Congratulations!
Thanks! It's definitely awesome. I seriously wanted increase, but I would have never imagined something like that. Not to mention that this action basically falls into my understanding of what is going on the upper management level. In this case actions speak louder than words in that case.

We get raise like that (everyone got raise like that of course relative to their salary) and get told that they are confident in us and French get pressured. It's clear as a day what is going on.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He is in Frankfurt so Germany . However I have not worked with him until last year August when I had to basically stir up the discussion and basically causes issues for the French. I guess I had impressed them even before that because the project manager had to go in vacation and they decided that I will take her place. So basically I acted as a project manager for one week and I had the "pleasure" to announce that M left the team which was a challenge to me because I found out this and then the next day I had a meeting a woman from the German office that is the right hand of the second German CTO. Basically I had the meeting on Friday where I challenged the French openly and then next week I had to act as project manager. I had one call with him to discuss some details as he was instructed by the German CTO to protect me and be behind my back but did not know details on what I have agreed with the German CTO. After our exchange via phone he commended me both in email and via phone and told me that he wants me in his team and asked me to mentor the project manager in the Bulgarian office.

O actually told me that M is lucky that I was the project manager that week and not the real project manager .
That's so awesome. Man, I wish this guy from Germany worked in your Bulgarian office. Could you imagine? He'd probably get rid of boss and jerk immediately.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Definitely . I just feel uncomfortable you know.
I hear you.
Old 01-12-2018, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Right. Still cold, but a bit better than -30 F.
Exactly. Right now it's 2 F. It has gone out of the minus numbers. Not so fast though since it's back to minus in a couple of hours. LOL To compare... NYC right now is 60 F. When it was -30 F earlier in northern Minnesota we are talking a 90 degree difference between Minnesota and NYC. LOL
Old 01-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks! It's definitely awesome. I seriously wanted increase, but I would have never imagined something like that. Not to mention that this action basically falls into my understanding of what is going on the upper management level. In this case actions speak louder than words in that case.

We get raise like that (everyone got raise like that of course relative to their salary) and get told that they are confident in us and French get pressured. It's clear as a day what is going on.
I have never heard of such a large increase! Ever! To even the best employees. Incredible! The jerk has to be pissed.

By pressure, do you mean they are on the French a$$es and/or demotions?
Old 01-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

So I talked to my primary about the white coat syndrome and slightly elevated blood pressure. He is of the belief, after reviewing my chart, that my lack of hormones (Estrogen) has caused this "fight and fight" stuff inside of me, especially since I told him I've never in my life have been told my blood pressure is higher than 120/80 UNTIL the hysterectomy. He put it all together and believes the best treatment approach which will help:

Flight and fight reaction due to hormones, which causes blood pressure to increase and nervous feelings along with even helping migraine headaches is a low dose Beta Blocker. He prescribed it. Interesting because two neurologists over the past 10 years have wanted me on this for my migraines since it helps that too.

He said this is the best way to treat the hormone response without using hormones too. So it will help a few of my issues all at once. I am pretty psyched about this. My brother-in-law is on one for his ever so slightly high blood pressure (it's genetic for him), and my sister was actually on one for migraines about 10 years ago. She stopped taking it though after a few months since she's her, lol. She just hates medications. I do too but honestly, it feels right for my situation. I was just talking to my sister on the phone (she's driving home from work early, has an apt) and she even said she cannot believe I never took one hormone after my forced post-menopause crisis. It literally was a crisis when you abruptly have everything removed like I did. She agrees this medication will help. It helped my brother-in-law and even he commented on how he feels a little more chilled out, gets less of an Aries reaction when stuff can piss him off. LOL
Old 01-12-2018, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's so awesome. Man, I wish this guy from Germany worked in your Bulgarian office. Could you imagine? He'd probably get rid of boss and jerk immediately.
He is a great guy! I work quite easily with him. He has great observational skills and has great people skills. I am just not sure that I want to be project manager. Not that I do not do stuff right now that fall into the project manager position, but the official project managers have way too many meetings and I would get drained quite easily.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. Right now it's 2 F. It has gone out of the minus numbers. Not so fast though since it's back to minus in a couple of hours. LOL To compare... NYC right now is 60 F. When it was -30 F earlier in northern Minnesota we are talking a 90 degree difference between Minnesota and NYC. LOL
Good that it is out of the minus temperatures. Wow 90 F difference. This is huge! Here it's supposed to snow tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I have never heard of such a large increase! Ever! To even the best employees. Incredible! The jerk has to be pissed.
I am not the only one that has such increase. M has actually 60 % raise, but his salary is lower than mine so his 60 % is less than my 50 % as far as amount goes. I expect that also other people have such good raise. At least for some. However there were also rumors that not all people are content with the raise so maybe not all people got such big increase.

On Monday I will check with O and what his raise is.

Quote:
By pressure, do you mean they are on the French a$$es and/or demotions?
They are on their a$$es and you could see it. The management tells them constantly that they expect from them more.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
So I talked to my primary about the white coat syndrome and slightly elevated blood pressure. He is of the belief, after reviewing my chart, that my lack of hormones (Estrogen) has caused this "fight and fight" stuff inside of me, especially since I told him I've never in my life have been told my blood pressure is higher than 120/80 UNTIL the hysterectomy. He put it all together and believes the best treatment approach which will help:

Flight and fight reaction due to hormones, which causes blood pressure to increase and nervous feelings along with even helping migraine headaches is a low dose Beta Blocker. He prescribed it. Interesting because two neurologists over the past 10 years have wanted me on this for my migraines since it helps that too.

He said this is the best way to treat the hormone response without using hormones too. So it will help a few of my issues all at once. I am pretty psyched about this. My brother-in-law is on one for his ever so slightly high blood pressure (it's genetic for him), and my sister was actually on one for migraines about 10 years ago. She stopped taking it though after a few months since she's her, lol. She just hates medications. I do too but honestly, it feels right for my situation. I was just talking to my sister on the phone (she's driving home from work early, has an apt) and she even said she cannot believe I never took one hormone after my forced post-menopause crisis. It literally was a crisis when you abruptly have everything removed like I did. She agrees this medication will help. It helped my brother-in-law and even he commented on how he feels a little more chilled out, gets less of an Aries reaction when stuff can piss him off. LOL
Interesting. This sounds like a good idea ! It is worth trying for sure. You could always try and see how it goes. If you have issues with it, you can stop taking it. No one is saying that once you decide to take it, it has to stay like that.