Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2018, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
So awesome! Congrats for Anna! See even she is sick she could do that! She is just that smart.
She's really smart in science and math, like really smart. She aces every science and math class put in front of her. Not Bs, not A- either, she gets straight As in every honors science and math class she takes. Brilliant in these two areas and has the passion her mother has for science, every area of science, including physics. She just gets it. Definitely takes after her mom and Grandfather.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My boss has hard time believing my gut and hunches. The previous boss had easier time trusting me when it came to that. My new boss is more prone to being envious than my former one. The jerk for sure is envious. Both the jerk and the boss can't accept the fact that the Germans care only about my project. The jerk and the boss are not into my project and they don't know it that well. They are more prepared on another project. The thing is that the Germans value the most mine. They are willing to give money for people and resources for my project. They are willing to even force the other Development team to do something for my project. They are willing to argue with the French for my project. The problem is that I am leader of this project since 2011. My boss is a boss since mid of 2015. Before he became boss, he almost had not worked on my project. And even if he had it was only as a regular Developer. He never had any leading role when it comes to my project.

I got the leading role because of my former boss, one of the guys here that is on the same position as the jerk and my German boss. They wanted me there. Have in mind that in 2012 I was on one table with the German CTO due to coincidence and even back then I was discussing with him marketing ideas for my project and what the company should do sell the product more. Let's just say that what I said then is not only valid right now, but it's actually focal point. I basically envisioned the direction that the market would go.

My German boss and all three CTOs (Bulgarian one, two Germans) all trust my Intuition and gut and know that when I say something I am correct. I do not discuss with my bosses just the current state of the project, I discuss the future. I discuss with them ideas about integrating new people, ideas about improving the project with pretty good vision on when to do what.

Now both the jerk and the boss do not always have such vision and if they had, they do not know how to communicate it properly to the others either because they are not eloquent speakers or because they are not that good in English or both.

I have the support of the German bosses because I am honest and to the point. For example when M left the joint the team with the French I specifically explained what is his role in the project and what would happen if we lose him. Not only this, but I explained to my German boss that we are losing competent people because of the issues we have with French. I told him that if we want to expand the market we don't need just number of people, we need qualified people that know the project and with such strategy we won't get this. I am more and more sure that he had said this to the correct people above me and him because I have been getting more and more support.

Management is not stupid. They do know that you can hire whoever you want but if you don't have people to train them nothing will happen.

In this planning meeting I made a snarky comment that a lot of people would have reacted against in most cases. I am sure that if it was my boss they would have reacted. However because it was me no one reacted. No one said Koni you have no right to say this or that. Nah and both German CTOs were there. Instead they told me that I am right and we do need to plan meeting to discuss the requirements as they are not clear. And on this meeting there were representatives from top management of both French and German office.
That is so great. There is nothing your boss and the jerk can do either. You have the trust of all the German higher ups and even though it kills them, they can't do a damn thing about it. They also can't mess with you either because it would look bad for the company in general.

Why did your former boss leave? Too bad he's still not around, he seems so much better than the one you have now.

Quote:
No. They won't. At least not for now. This will be used for something else though and my ideas were already basically confirmed by a project manager from Germany. So I do know what would go down but it depends on how well our part of the team does our job. This is why I am focused so much on that because I know what are the stakes. The good thing is that for some reason (not sure how it happened) both the boss and the other person that is on the same position as the jerk realize this now because they started saying what I have been saying the last few months.

We had a meeting just few days before Christmas where I said this to the Bulgarian CTO, the Bulgarian project manager and this other guy that is on the same position as the jerk. I was fed up with spending time discussing how the French suck and told them that I want us to do our job and let the French be. I was quite blunt when I said this however the Bulgarian CTO was "Koni is right. We need to focus on this". The other guy also supported me. So basically even though I was blunt and brutally direct both backed me up and it seems that my boss got the memo too.

In this meeting the German CTO asked questions about the team setup, the roadmap we have, the deadlines etc. And both guys let me do the talking. Granted my boss decided to skip the meeting, but that is on him. Those meetings do count. Management remembers the people they have discussed such stuff with.
Do the Germans see the Bulgarian Team and the French Team as separate groups or more like a joint operation?

It's really too bad you couldn't just work directly for the Germans. You seem to fit together perfectly with them. They just get you without jealousy or any other manipulative behavior. They trust and respect you.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
This is good!

Good that she gave you time to process this and make a decision!

I suggest going to the oral surgeon's office and hear what they have to say. It would not hurt.

This is a good plan! I like this idea!

Good! Your dad is behind you!
Yes, I'm going to call the oral surgeon's office this morning and explain that I want to work with them. I will have the oral surgeon see the X-Ray on Monday then go from there. There has to be something about that dental office that rubs me the wrong way. Like I said, I get nervous and anxious at every medical appointment I have to be sure. But never have I gotten this anxious where I couldn't settle down even when trying. I have to trust my Intuition. You even picked up on something not being right. I walk inside of there and just feel like misery, it's so hard to explain. There has to be a reason. I am glad I didn't get the root canal on Wednesday. So very glad.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So remember how I said that a co-worker would buy me a pepper spray? Well he did. I know have it with me. If only he could check how much I owe him . His parents own shop for such stuff including also weapons and they brought it from the shop but every time I ask him how much I owe him he says that he forgot to ask them and does not know.

Oh well. I told him that I might forget so he should feel free to remind me once he knows how much I should give him.
That was very nice of him!

Awe, be sure he does know how much it is, I know this. It's his parents shop, he's been there how many times? LOL He knows the price, he just doesn't want you to pay for it. Very sweet.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Super cold again. A few days ago it was 20-25 F. Then we got more snow, winter advisory all day and night yesterday and this morning it's -10 F. Northern Minnesota this morning it's close to -30 F.

To compare... right now in NYC it's almost 60 F, I would wear shorts and a t-shirt in that weather!

Night and day.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
She's really smart in science and math, like really smart. She aces every science and math class put in front of her. Not Bs, not A- either, she gets straight As in every honors science and math class she takes. Brilliant in these two areas and has the passion her mother has for science, every area of science, including physics. She just gets it. Definitely takes after her mom and Grandfather.
It's just so cool! You know if I had lived near you I would have loved to meet her. I seriously love meeting smart people like her. Same for you, Kris and your dad. Like we have discussed I have fondness over smart people.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's just so cool! You know if I had lived near you I would have loved to meet her. I seriously love meeting smart people like her. Same for you, Kris and your dad. Like we have discussed I have fondness over smart people.
That would be so awesome. Too bad you don't live closer!
Old 01-12-2018, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That is so great. There is nothing your boss and the jerk can do either. You have the trust of all the German higher ups and even though it kills them, they can't do a damn thing about it. They also can't mess with you either because it would look bad for the company in general.
Exactly! I have the support of people that are higher than the boss and the jerk. This definitely helps me a lot as it ties their hands and they can't be too confrontational with me.

Quote:
Why did your former boss leave? Too bad he's still not around, he seems so much better than the one you have now.
Because he was involved in a love triangle at work with the HR and a former co-worker. Plus he needed a change.

Quote:
Do the Germans see the Bulgarian Team and the French Team as separate groups or more like a joint operation?
In the past there was joint team so they saw us as joint operation. This is why they decided to split the team in two locations. This way they could separate the two teams. I am sure however that they use this to compare the teams. I do know that they have high end goal here and like I said I have already confirmation about this. It's not direct, but my Intuition is good enough to pick up the details.

Quote:
It's really too bad you couldn't just work directly for the Germans. You seem to fit together perfectly with them. They just get you without jealousy or any other manipulative behavior. They trust and respect you.
Definitely . The boss of all project managers wants me in his team actually. He specifically commended me on the way I conduct myself during meetings. This is something that both my former boss and this one and the jerk suck at. They do not know how to be politically correct. And while I am not Extrovert and can't do it in pure social interactions, I could do it to fulfill my goals at work. But then again I also use my Intuition and know what to expect from people so I prepare myself beforehands and I don't need to act in the moment.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, I'm going to call the oral surgeon's office this morning and explain that I want to work with them. I will have the oral surgeon see the X-Ray on Monday then go from there. There has to be something about that dental office that rubs me the wrong way. Like I said, I get nervous and anxious at every medical appointment I have to be sure. But never have I gotten this anxious where I couldn't settle down even when trying. I have to trust my Intuition. You even picked up on something not being right. I walk inside of there and just feel like misery, it's so hard to explain. There has to be a reason. I am glad I didn't get the root canal on Wednesday. So very glad.
Please keep me posted on how it is going on! How are you feeling pain wise?
Old 01-12-2018, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That was very nice of him!

Awe, be sure he does know how much it is, I know this. It's his parents shop, he's been there how many times? LOL He knows the price, he just doesn't want you to pay for it. Very sweet.
He also suggested to deal with the guy if he follows me again.

Well yeah. I am not sure if I should insist on paying him or let him be.

ETA: It's like he read my mind because he told me to consider this as a gift with wish from him to never use it .

Last edited by secretk; 01-12-2018 at 07:08 AM
Old 01-12-2018, 04:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Super cold again. A few days ago it was 20-25 F. Then we got more snow, winter advisory all day and night yesterday and this morning it's -10 F. Northern Minnesota this morning it's close to -30 F.

To compare... right now in NYC it's almost 60 F, I would wear shorts and a t-shirt in that weather!

Night and day.
Brrr. -30F is really cold . Any idea when it will get better?
Old 01-12-2018, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Guys I now know what would be my salary raise that I will first receive in this month. Let me tell you that it's better than I ever have imagined it to be.

Spoiler:

I could not believe my eyes when I saw that. I already called my mother and she was like "Now I can resign without worries". I of course confirmed and told her that she should not worry about this.

I do not think that there are a lot of people in our country in our sector that get paid that much. Sure there are people, but there are not that many.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly! I have the support of people that are higher than the boss and the jerk. This definitely helps me a lot as it ties their hands and they can't be too confrontational with me.

Because he was involved in a love triangle at work with the HR and a former co-worker. Plus he needed a change.
Oh that's right, lol. I knew this.

Quote:
In the past there was joint team so they saw us as joint operation. This is why they decided to split the team in two locations. This way they could separate the two teams. I am sure however that they use this to compare the teams. I do know that they have high end goal here and like I said I have already confirmation about this. It's not direct, but my Intuition is good enough to pick up the details.

Definitely . The boss of all project managers wants me in his team actually. He specifically commended me on the way I conduct myself during meetings. This is something that both my former boss and this one and the jerk suck at. They do not know how to be politically correct. And while I am not Extrovert and can't do it in pure social interactions, I could do it to fulfill my goals at work. But then again I also use my Intuition and know what to expect from people so I prepare myself beforehands and I don't need to act in the moment.
Where is the boss of all project managers from? What office?
Old 01-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Please keep me posted on how it is going on! How are you feeling pain wise?
Pain-wise, just twinges here and there. Still on antibiotic.

I am figuring out what precisely to do. There is another oral surgeon's office that takes my insurance (the one that did my last extraction did not take it so I paid out of the pocket) so I could save money going to this clinic instead. I know they are good too. They are just a little bit of a drive compared to this other one. A nice area, though. About 30 minute drive compared to 10 but like I said, in a really nice area. Actually a very safe, wealthy area, one of the wealthiest cities in the state they are located in. So it's safe. I'm not sure which one to choose. Still deciding.

ETA: According to Waze, they are 24 minutes away. The way Michelle drives we're talking 20, max, LOL.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He also suggested to deal with the guy if he follows me again.

Well yeah. I am not sure if I should insist on paying him or let him be.

ETA: It's like he read my mind because he told me to consider this as a gift with wish from him to never use it .
That's what I figured. I picked up on this immediately. Very cool.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread