Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Research is the best option for you . Not that you can't be a good psychologist. You can, but with your Empathy this would also drain you a lot more. Research gives you the possibility to recharge. It's the perfection choice for you.
That's so true. I honestly don't know how you do your job given your office environment. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Quote:
I completely agree with you . We spend at least 40 % of our time each week in meetings in English. It would be only natural for people to want to learn the language. Now I am not saying that we will get to the level of native speaker, but the more we know the better. The more we feel comfortable with the language, the better.
Exactly right.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

So, I finally opened my file with my novel and i actually have 26, 870 words completed.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
So, I finally opened my file with my novel and i actually have 26, 870 words completed.
Wow, that's awesome, Shu! Are you going to continue working on it over break?
Old 12-24-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Wow, that's awesome, Shu! Are you going to continue working on it over break?
Yes I have three days with just my mom, sis and my youngest. I am rereading what I wrote now so I can finish the gaps in chapter 6, , 7, 8, 9.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Yes I have three days with just my mom, sis and my youngest. I am rereading what I wrote now so I can finish the gaps in chapter 6, , 7, 8, 9.
Nice! Sounds like a good plan.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Hi everyone! We're back from our vacation and we had a wonderful time. I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-24-2017, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Hi everyone! We're back from our vacation and we had a wonderful time. I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas! Glad you guys had a great time on vacation!
Old 12-25-2017, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's so true. I honestly don't know how you do your job given your office environment. I wouldn't be able to handle it.
It's really draining . I could either do only programming or only deal with political issues. It's really difficult to handle both in the same time and to switch from one setting to another. However someone needs to do the political part and I don't trust anyone else with it.

Quote:
Exactly right.
To be honest I knew since young age that I will need English. Like I said I knew what I wanted to work and there are not that many completely Bulgarian companies here that offer such jobs. Most companies are foreign and they expect you to know English at least. This is why I tried my best to learn it in high school and to continue maintaining it. Of course the more I use it at work, the better for me . Language always takes practice and my job actually helps me maintaining it.

Well posting here helps as well of course .

Shu this is awesome!

Jerry welcome back! What a vacation you had!
Old 12-25-2017, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It's really draining . I could either do only programming or only deal with political issues. It's really difficult to handle both in the same time and to switch from one setting to another. However someone needs to do the political part and I don't trust anyone else with it.
I can only imagine how draining it is. I am drained from being out last night on Christmas Eve. I can hardly handle one night, a peaceful holiday night at that. I couldn't imagine you going to your job daily and having to deal with some many idiotic people. I'd be drained just going and dealing with cool people daily, lol. I couldn't imagine dealing with difficult people who include HR, your boss, the jerk. It has to be so challenging for you.

Quote:
To be honest I knew since young age that I will need English. Like I said I knew what I wanted to work and there are not that many completely Bulgarian companies here that offer such jobs. Most companies are foreign and they expect you to know English at least. This is why I tried my best to learn it in high school and to continue maintaining it. Of course the more I use it at work, the better for me . Language always takes practice and my job actually helps me maintaining it.

Well posting here helps as well of course .
I would imagine it would.

So cool how you knew what you wanted to do and planned accordingly. That's awesome.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can only imagine how draining it is. I am drained from being out last night on Christmas Eve. I can hardly handle one night, a peaceful holiday night at that. I couldn't imagine you going to your job daily and having to deal with some many idiotic people. I'd be drained just going and dealing with cool people daily, lol. I couldn't imagine dealing with difficult people who include HR, your boss, the jerk. It has to be so challenging for you.
Was it too loud? Or it was too crowded? Or both?

It is challenging. This is why I listen to music so much at work. I even dance at the music . They are all used to this. I have discussion and then I recharge by listening to music.

Quote:
I would imagine it would.
Definitely helps! Just by posting here I am forced to learn to express myself freely in English you know. And of course I know that it's not the best writing style out there or the best grammar or vocabulary, but it's better than nothing. Plus me not posting won't help either. So it's better to post in some so so English than nothing .

Quote:
So cool how you knew what you wanted to do and planned accordingly. That's awesome.
Well yeah I was weird kid . At the age of 4 I was able to understand when my mother is telling me that she has no money to buy me a toy. I would still want to go to the shop and state at the toy and imagine myself having it but I never threw a tantrum for her to buy it. So yeah I was just old soul.

So remember my niece I was talking about? Well she realized herself that she confuses me with her mother so now she calls me "Momma big sister" . Apparently I am a mix between momma and big sister for her . She throw tantrums in front of her parents and she is quite stubborn but I don't cave. Today she kicked me in the leg and I just told her "Do not kick me". She then tried to hit me with a hand and I told her "Do not hit me". She then remained on the floor face down wanting me to pay attention to her. I did not. Then they had to leave and she was without shoes. I just sat on the floor and told her to come to me. She did and put on her shoes.

So I guess even though I get afraid and can't deal with kids for long periods, I am seen by her as authority enough to not try her games with me. I am not the one to cave in to be honest.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Was it too loud? Or it was too crowded? Or both?
It wasn't too loud or too crowded even. It wasn't even that bad. It was the entire process of going out, what the holidays mean right now in general, just having to be ON in a social setting.

Quote:
It is challenging. This is why I listen to music so much at work. I even dance at the music . They are all used to this. I have discussion and then I recharge by listening to music.
So great you have this.

I don't even have music. Music makes me nervous when I am in a setting like that. Not sure why.

Quote:
Definitely helps! Just by posting here I am forced to learn to express myself freely in English you know. And of course I know that it's not the best writing style out there or the best grammar or vocabulary, but it's better than nothing. Plus me not posting won't help either. So it's better to post in some so so English than nothing .
Totally makes sense.

Quote:
Well yeah I was weird kid . At the age of 4 I was able to understand when my mother is telling me that she has no money to buy me a toy. I would still want to go to the shop and state at the toy and imagine myself having it but I never threw a tantrum for her to buy it. So yeah I was just old soul.
Wow. You are definitely an old Soul.

Quote:
So remember my niece I was talking about? Well she realized herself that she confuses me with her mother so now she calls me "Momma big sister" . Apparently I am a mix between momma and big sister for her . She throw tantrums in front of her parents and she is quite stubborn but I don't cave. Today she kicked me in the leg and I just told her "Do not kick me". She then tried to hit me with a hand and I told her "Do not hit me". She then remained on the floor face down wanting me to pay attention to her. I did not. Then they had to leave and she was without shoes. I just sat on the floor and told her to come to me. She did and put on her shoes.

So I guess even though I get afraid and can't deal with kids for long periods, I am seen by her as authority enough to not try her games with me. I am not the one to cave in to be honest.
That's awesome. I like her new nickname for you too. You are definitely an authority figure for her, a role model even, and it looks like a true calming force as well. That's great.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It wasn't too loud or too crowded even. It wasn't even that bad. It was the entire process of going out, what the holidays mean right now in general, just having to be ON in a social setting.
Makes sense . Today you planned relaxing day at home I hope?
Quote:
So great you have this.
. Yeah I love music and I won't be able t work without being able to listen to music. It's why I invested in so good headphones.

Quote:
I don't even have music. Music makes me nervous when I am in a setting like that. Not sure why.
I see. Actually most people that I know find it weird that I work with music, but I am like that since being kid. Music helps me isolate myself from the outer world. I can focus on the task and work on it. And I can recharge .

Quote:
Wow. You are definitely an old Soul.
Yep .

Quote:
That's awesome. I like her new nickname for you too. You are definitely an authority figure for her, a role model even, and it looks like a true calming force as well. That's great.
Yeah at least for now it seems that she feels drawn to me enough to not try her mischief ways on me.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Makes sense . Today you planned relaxing day at home I hope?
We just got back from my sister's. We went over there for breakfast and to hang out for a while. Nothing planned today outside of watching sports and tuning out the world, lol.

Quote:
. Yeah I love music and I won't be able t work without being able to listen to music. It's why I invested in so good headphones.
That's great. I wonder why it bothers me so much? I'm thinking maybe something with the Capricorn Sun and/or the Empath part. I can't think of anything else.

Quote:
I see. Actually most people that I know find it weird that I work with music, but I am like that since being kid. Music helps me isolate myself from the outer world. I can focus on the task and work on it. And I can recharge .
That's wonderful.

Quote:
Yep .

Yeah at least for now it seems that she feels drawn to me enough to not try her mischief ways on me.
Great! She sounds like a cute, little spitfire.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
We just got back from my sister's. We went over there for breakfast and to hang out for a while. Nothing planned today outside of watching sports and tuning out the world, lol.
Sounds good. Those days are actually far better compared to something planned. At least for me.

Quote:
That's great. I wonder why it bothers me so much? I'm thinking maybe something with the Capricorn Sun and/or the Empath part. I can't think of anything else.
. Could be . And maybe you find the music too distracting?

Quote:
That's wonderful.
I have been that way since kid. I love music. Btw the niece seems into music too. She is even now singing some children's songs.

Quote:
Great! She sounds like a cute, little spitfire.
Oh man she is so stubborn. Once she sets her mind on something, it takes really stubborn person to fight her. Unfortunately for her I am stubborn myself. I can be quite persistent and I don't care about her antics.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Sounds good. Those days are actually far better compared to something planned. At least for me.
Me too.

Quote:

. Could be . And maybe you find the music too distracting?
I think that’s part of it. But also, I just feel nervous and overwhelmed. I could be picking up a little too much on the Energy behind the music. I’m absorbing the Energy I think and instead of embracing and feeling calm, I feel overwhelmed.

For example, I listen to Enya... I find this song absolutely beautiful... yet I start crying when I hear it. It’s not calming even if it is for many... I feel sad.

Quote:

I have been that way since kid. I love music. Btw the niece seems into music too. She is even now singing some children's songs.
That’s great!

Quote:

Oh man she is so stubborn. Once she sets her mind on something, it takes really stubborn person to fight her. Unfortunately for her I am stubborn myself. I can be quite persistent and I don't care about her antics.
You guys are a match made in heaven.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread