Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Yes, definitely. It had to play a part for sure. Science is difficult so I feel like you have to have a combination of passion and intelligence (in this area) in order to succeed.
Most probably that's the case . And then if you don't have the intelligence it might be difficult to get passionate about it you know.

Quote:
They have it. Both Anna and Sara have been in every honors science course offered in high school. Many people have trouble with basic science courses and they're doing honors courses getting top grades. It's definitely their calling.
Definitely . The fact that Anna knew what she wanted to do since years and it's not like this is a subject that every kid wants you know. You have to have passion for it and she definitely has it.

Quote:
My cousin who has a post-Doctorate degree in several areas of science has talked about how she teaches a General Biology College course that nursing students need to pass and it's a General Biology course specified for "Non-Majors" of Biology too which means it's much easier than a student taking General Biology for a major in Science in college. She said it's the most difficult class to teach because these nursing students either hate the course or have difficulty passing it. They need it for the nursing program so she has to spend tons of hours out of class getting them to pass. This isn't even a biology course structured for people like my sister and cousin for majors in specific science degrees. It makes me all the more impressed with my sister, cousin, and now my nieces who are certainly following in their footsteps.
So weird that those people find such courses difficult. Science is not for everyone . To understand properly biology or chemistry you need to know also physics and math. Otherwise you might not grasp the concepts there. The reason my parents wanted me to go into maths that much was because math is the base of everything. If you understand it, you could understand almost anything else. Math is not just about solving problems. It forms your way of thinking. It changes your perception.

In this book that I read for example it was a section about the DNA and there was explanation on which ends the DNA molecule would link with others. It relates to how much energy is needed to form a bond, it relates to chemistry and covalent relationships and ultimately it's math. So they are interconnected and not all people are willing to go deep enough in all those subjects to grasp this material.

Quote:
Did you have to take German?
Yes. I spent my last two years in high school taking German and then the first year in university. I had to pass German exam in my first year to continue my studies.

Quote:
Got it. It definitely is very different.
Yeah . Luckily I had an idea early enough what I want to study, but not all kids are like that and sometimes it's difficult.

Quote:
So cute! She'll probably start talking to you first.
She talks to my mother a bit, but still she can't form full long sentences. I bet that soon she will be able though. She is now going to kindergarten and she plays with the other kids and most probably she will start interatcting with them.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Most probably that's the case . And then if you don't have the intelligence it might be difficult to get passionate about it you know.
It all goes together. If you asked my sister when she was 10 what she wanted to be when she grew up she would have said... scientist but then go on to say: Biologist, Chemist, Physicist... meaning she was going to master every area of science because she loved it so much. In elementary school, middle school, high school, college she never received any other grade but a straight A in every science course she's ever taken. All straight As. Her passion and intelligence for the area of science was obvious from day 1. Then again she always pulled straight As in Math too.

Quote:
Definitely . The fact that Anna knew what she wanted to do since years and it's not like this is a subject that every kid wants you know. You have to have passion for it and she definitely has it.
Exactly. Anna not only knows she wants to go into science but she has narrowed down the field specifically. Interesting note... my sister always toyed with this area of science too.

Quote:
So weird that those people find such courses difficult. Science is not for everyone . To understand properly biology or chemistry you need to know also physics and math. Otherwise you might not grasp the concepts there. The reason my parents wanted me to go into maths that much was because math is the base of everything. If you understand it, you could understand almost anything else. Math is not just about solving problems. It forms your way of thinking. It changes your perception.

In this book that I read for example it was a section about the DNA and there was explanation on which ends the DNA molecule would link with others. It relates to how much energy is needed to form a bond, it relates to chemistry and covalent relationships and ultimately it's math. So they are interconnected and not all people are willing to go deep enough in all those subjects to grasp this material.
Math is definitely important. You need it for so many things.

Quote:
Yes. I spent my last two years in high school taking German and then the first year in university. I had to pass German exam in my first year to continue my studies.
Could you have picked a different language back in high school or did it have to be German?

Quote:
Yeah . Luckily I had an idea early enough what I want to study, but not all kids are like that and sometimes it's difficult.
It's not very common for kids to know that early.

Quote:
She talks to my mother a bit, but still she can't form full long sentences. I bet that soon she will be able though. She is now going to kindergarten and she plays with the other kids and most probably she will start interatcting with them.
That's great.

Do you see her as more introverted or extroverted? Might not be able to tell yet but what do you think?
Old 12-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It all goes together. If you asked my sister when she was 10 what she wanted to be when she grew up she would have said... scientist but then go on to say: Biologist, Chemist, Physicist... meaning she was going to master every area of science because she loved it so much. In elementary school, middle school, high school, college she never received any other grade but a straight A in every science course she's ever taken. All straight As. Her passion and intelligence for the area of science was obvious from day 1. Then again she always pulled straight As in Math too.
Not surprised about Math because science rules are based on math. Most scientists have basic understanding of math. Your sister was true rare talented kid. She had the intelligence, the passion and the drive. She knew what she wanted and with the support of your parents she went for it and she made it happen. And I am sure that the same would happen for Anna and Sara.

Quote:
Exactly. Anna not only knows she wants to go into science but she has narrowed down the field specifically. Interesting note... my sister always toyed with this area of science too.
So interesting that this area was also a choice for Kris as well. So cool. Anna starts college next year. Correct?

Quote:
Math is definitely important. You need it for so many things.
Definitely! My parents love math. For them the most important subject in school was math and they made sure for me to understand this since first grade.

Quote:
Could you have picked a different language back in high school or did it have to be German?
I was English major in high school. German was my second foreign language. I wanted to study either in Germany or in Bulgarian university following German course. I settled on the latter. Nevertheless in both cases I needed German.

Quote:
It's not very common for kids to know that early.
For sure .

Quote:
Do you see her as more introverted or extroverted? Might not be able to tell yet but what do you think?
Yeah, it's not easy but I think that she will be Extrovert. She is not only Leo Sun, but also Leo Rising and Leo moon. I think that with that much Leo she can't avoid the Extrovert side of things. I already see the fire in her. She wants people to pay attention to her. She is not the one to play alone like me. Nah. She needs both my parents for example to play with her. Otherwise she is not happy.

If you don't tell her nicely to not do something she will do the opposite of what you want. Surprisingly she does not do this only with me and my mother. If we tell her No she understands that this is No. If she decides something in her head she does not care what you have told her. She will watch you in the eyes while you are telling her NO and she will do it in the meantime.

She is true mischief. On the other hand though she has something that I had. If you talk to her correctly (meaning you do not step on her Leo ego) she will listen to you. So the approach is what matters with her. If you act like you could tell her whatever you want and expect her to follow she won't. If you show her that you understand her she does whatever you tell her to do.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Not surprised about Math because science rules are based on math. Most scientists have basic understanding of math. Your sister was true rare talented kid. She had the intelligence, the passion and the drive. She knew what she wanted and with the support of your parents she went for it and she made it happen. And I am sure that the same would happen for Anna and Sara.

So interesting that this area was also a choice for Kris as well. So cool. Anna starts college next year. Correct?
Yes, Anna is a senior in high school now and will start her first year of college in the Fall.

Quote:
Definitely! My parents love math. For them the most important subject in school was math and they made sure for me to understand this since first grade.
That's awesome. I think it's also possible intuitively they knew their daughter was going to be great at math too.

Quote:
I was English major in high school. German was my second foreign language. I wanted to study either in Germany or in Bulgarian university following German course. I settled on the latter. Nevertheless in both cases I needed German.
Makes sense. When did you study Spanish?

Quote:
For sure .

Yeah, it's not easy but I think that she will be Extrovert. She is not only Leo Sun, but also Leo Rising and Leo moon. I think that with that much Leo she can't avoid the Extrovert side of things. I already see the fire in her. She wants people to pay attention to her. She is not the one to play alone like me. Nah. She needs both my parents for example to play with her. Otherwise she is not happy.

If you don't tell her nicely to not do something she will do the opposite of what you want. Surprisingly she does not do this only with me and my mother. If we tell her No she understands that this is No. If she decides something in her head she does not care what you have told her. She will watch you in the eyes while you are telling her NO and she will do it in the meantime.

She is true mischief. On the other hand though she has something that I had. If you talk to her correctly (meaning you do not step on her Leo ego) she will listen to you. So the approach is what matters with her. If you act like you could tell her whatever you want and expect her to follow she won't. If you show her that you understand her she does whatever you tell her to do.
With triple Leo Fire, I think it is definitely safe to say she will be an Extrovert. That's a lot of Fire for your main three elements.

You seem to completely understand her. It's amazing, it's like you are her mother if that makes sense even if biologically you are not. But it's not a coincidence SHE feels a closeness with you. It's like she knows you understand her. It's very possible you will be THE one that she goes to for the important stuff in the future. She's already looking for you now, I can see it only getting stronger as the years keep on coming.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, Anna is a senior in high school now and will start her first year of college in the Fall.
Did she decide in which college she would go? I know that she had to choose between 3 or 4.

Quote:
That's awesome. I think it's also possible intuitively they knew their daughter was going to be great at math too.
Could be , but they definitely gave me the start. They started on me solving logical tasks like how to draw a house using match with the least number of sticks. I had a whole book of such tasks in second grade and I have instructed my mother to never give this book to someone. It's mine and I want to keep it .

Quote:
Makes sense. When did you study Spanish?
I knew that I wanted to study when I was 11 or 12 years old but I did not have the time or the means to do it (no computer or Internet at that time). So I started studying it when I was 22 years old.

Quote:
With triple Leo Fire, I think it is definitely safe to say she will be an Extrovert. That's a lot of Fire for your main three elements.
I think the same . And her both parents are Extroverts too so that would play a role as well.

Quote:
You seem to completely understand her. It's amazing, it's like you are her mother if that makes sense even if biologically you are not. But it's not a coincidence SHE feels a closeness with you. It's like she knows you understand her. It's very possible you will be THE one that she goes to for the important stuff in the future. She's already looking for you now, I can see it only getting stronger as the years keep on coming.
I think that she spiritually spottted something which is why she feels attachment to me despite the fact that she sees me the least. There might be a spiritual reason for her to confuse me for her mother at that age. At the age of over 2 she would have had to shake off the spiritual elements. At least in most cases kids forget about it at that age. She still focuses on me too much given how least she sees me.

We will see though. I might be wrong and it might be just coincidence. My parents and I definitely understand her. My mother says that she is a bit similar to me in some moments and she reminds her of me when I was that age. I was not Extrovert and was able to play on my own, but the Fire that she has is something I have as well.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Did she decide in which college she would go? I know that she had to choose between 3 or 4.
She’s still deciding between two but overall knows it’s going to be the one. She just hasn’t ruled out the one just yet.

Quote:
Could be , but they definitely gave me the start. They started on me solving logical tasks like how to draw a house using match with the least number of sticks. I had a whole book of such tasks in second grade and I have instructed my mother to never give this book to someone. It's mine and I want to keep it .
That’s so cute and so great!

Your parents are both good at math?

Quote:
I knew that I wanted to study when I was 11 or 12 years old but I did not have the time or the means to do it (no computer or Internet at that time). So I started studying it when I was 22 years old.
So you learned on your own?

Quote:
I think the same . And her both parents are Extroverts too so that would play a role as well.
Most definitely.

Quote:

I think that she spiritually spottted something which is why she feels attachment to me despite the fact that she sees me the least. There might be a spiritual reason for her to confuse me for her mother at that age. At the age of over 2 she would have had to shake off the spiritual elements. At least in most cases kids forget about it at that age. She still focuses on me too much given how least she sees me.
You are so right! Around that age you do start forgetting the spiritual/psychic awareness of the Other Side too. You begin the process. It is remarkable that this didn’t happen with her. I will bet you two are very strongly spiritually connected which makes it impossible for her to forget because she’s picking up on your Energy and the connection.

Quote:
We will see though. I might be wrong and it might be just coincidence. My parents and I definitely understand her. My mother says that she is a bit similar to me in some moments and she reminds her of me when I was that age. I was not Extrovert and was able to play on my own, but the Fire that she has is something I have as well.
It’s possible that since you two are somewhat alike but you have way less Fire, it’s still familiar enough so you will be able to help her channel all that Fire she has too.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
She’s still deciding between two but overall knows it’s going to be the one. She just hasn’t ruled out the one just yet.
Which is the one that she is leaning on? How much time she has to decide?

Quote:
That’s so cute and so great!
Nowadays they don't sell books like that so I do not want to lose it.

Quote:
Your parents are both good at math?
Yes. Both are above average when it comes to math. My father is better, but he has really great logical thinking developed. My mother actually wanted to become math teacher.

Quote:
So you learned on your own?
Yes. Having computer and Internet made things so much easier for me. I love to learn things on my own and having computer and Internet definitely helps there.

Quote:
You are so right! Around that age you do start forgetting the spiritual/psychic awareness of the Other Side too. You begin the process. It is remarkable that this didn’t happen with her. I will bet you two are very strongly spiritually connected which makes it impossible for her to forget because she’s picking up on your Energy and the connection.
It could be . The moment that my cousin announced that she was pregnant I knew that this kid would be Leo and we will get along great. For the Leo part was almost sure unless there were some issues and she was born prematurely. I just knew in myself that we will have connection with this kid.

Quote:
It’s possible that since you two are somewhat alike but you have way less Fire, it’s still familiar enough so you will be able to help her channel all that Fire she has too.
Yeah, we will see . For now it seems that I can keep her grounded. We will see what would happen once she grows up a bit more .
Old 12-11-2017, 03:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Bumped onto this today, thought very highly of what he said there and wanted to bring it over here and share with you.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1603065066

Also, who else CAN NOT wait for The Last Jedi?
Old 12-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I finally got my flu shot this morning. This was the latest I've ever gotten one. A lot going on in my life the past two weeks!

Quote:
Which is the one that she is leaning on? How much time she has to decide?
The original college about 2 hours from home. She is deciding on the other one here in St. Paul. Both have great forensic science programs. The one that is two hours away, two of her friends are going to. These are two friends she's had since she was in preschool. She has the same thing going on that I do. It's no wonder we are very connected. She has a few very, very close friends she's known since she was very little. So going to college with them would be a good thing for sure. In other words, their friendships would never break up, etc. Plus, the college is quite big so it's not like she wouldn't have her own private time too.

She has another 1/2 months to decide technically but my gut says it will be that particular college and not the one here locally in St. Paul.

Quote:
Nowadays they don't sell books like that so I do not want to lose it.
Got it.

Quote:
Yes. Both are above average when it comes to math. My father is better, but he has really great logical thinking developed. My mother actually wanted to become math teacher.
Really interesting. So you guys are all quite talented in this area.

Quote:
Yes. Having computer and Internet made things so much easier for me. I love to learn things on my own and having computer and Internet definitely helps there.
That's great!

Quote:
It could be . The moment that my cousin announced that she was pregnant I knew that this kid would be Leo and we will get along great. For the Leo part was almost sure unless there were some issues and she was born prematurely. I just knew in myself that we will have connection with this kid.

Yeah, we will see . For now it seems that I can keep her grounded. We will see what would happen once she grows up a bit more .
I definitely think you guys are connected, you can just feel it.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amont (View Post)
Bumped onto this today, thought very highly of what he said there and wanted to bring it over here and share with you.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1603065066

Also, who else CAN NOT wait for The Last Jedi?
Hey!

Oh I know I can't wait!

That link I can't open for some reason.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Hey Amont! It's good to see you here! The link didn't work for me either.

I'm setting up an old laptop that I have to take with me on vacation, and it's so slow compared to my computer at home and my work computer. I've gotten spoiled!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-11-2017, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Hey Amont! It's good to see you here! The link didn't work for me either.

I'm setting up an old laptop that I have to take with me on vacation, and it's so slow compared to my computer at home and my work computer. I've gotten spoiled!
Do you have an iPad? I am finding that more and more I want to use the iPad even over the desktop or laptop. It's really handy.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Hey!

Oh I know I can't wait!

That link I can't open for some reason.
Oh that was just an excerpt from Justin Baldoni's (Reid) TED Talk, fully available here:

https://youtu.be/2j5D6MAVv8g

Short clip:
https://youtu.be/hqiz70rHG3E

I really, really liked what he said!!
Old 12-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Do you have an iPad? I am finding that more and more I want to use the iPad even over the desktop or laptop. It's really handy.
No I don't. This is actually an old work computer that's 6 years old. They let me have it when they gave me a new computer a few years ago, so I was setting it up for travel use today. I used to have a small laptop that I bought years ago, but the last time I tried to use it it didn't work, so I tested out this old laptop today and it works. I'm working from home today.

I heard that iPads are pretty neat. I may look into getting one next year.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I love that TED talk by Justin Baldoni.