Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 09:30 AM
  #1
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,946
County High Cafeteria #112: It's December so we do not care about title

__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 09:31 AM
  #2
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,946
Last page of the previous thread
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 11:20 AM
  #3
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 97,810
Thanks for the new thread!
Wilpen is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 11:26 AM
  #4
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 97,810
From last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I see. How do you feel about the trip and the arrangements? Would be draining for you?
Nah. I will be going with two people I get along with who are just as introverted as I am. It will be a quick trip too, less than 48 hours. I also know downtown Chicago like the back of my hand. I feel very comfortable in Chicago. I love the city and know the city. It will be just fine.

Quote:
I am not sure what hotel they choose. For dinner I doubt that we will share meals . For lunch yes of course . I can't leave them alone unless they want to of course .

And yes we will all speak English. There will be most probably around 10 people in the workshop.
Got it! Do all 10 speak good English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Oh yeah I care about the job being done and I found way to do it . I am just sneaky about it. I do not go in the aggressive way. I try the nice way and if it does not work, I get sneaky behind the scenes and people do not even realize that I forced them to do something.
Makes sense.
Wilpen is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 09:03 PM
  #5
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,946
You are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
From last thread:

Nah. I will be going with two people I get along with who are just as introverted as I am. It will be a quick trip too, less than 48 hours. I also know downtown Chicago like the back of my hand. I feel very comfortable in Chicago. I love the city and know the city. It will be just fine.
Sounds great! How would you travel? How far Chicago is from where you live? How many people will you meet?

Quote:
Got it! Do all 10 speak good English?
Some better than others, but overall good. To be honest when it's face to face communication not having good English is less of a problem compared to video call.

Quote:
Makes sense.
I have no other way. I have really good Intuition and quite often I know that some things should be done and it's clear for me, but not for the others. They are not that far away to process this and realize it. Having arguments with them would be just a waste of time. Going on the aggressive road does not help either as it would cause tension. So I am left with two options. Either I don't do anything but this leads to frustration for me because I know I am right and future proves that I am right and I have to deal with the future mess anyway. The other option is to avoid the mess by being cunning. I prefer the second option.

I love my Intuition. Do not get me wrong. It gives me so many answers, but it sucks when you are not 100 % free to do what it tells you to do. In those cases you need to find another way to do what is necessary.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 10:53 PM
  #6
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 97,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
You are welcome!



Sounds great! How would you travel? How far Chicago is from where you live? How many people will you meet?
Chicago is about 400 miles/6 hours away by car. Only about 45 minutes by plane. We will fly. It will be the three of us meeting about 10 people in Chicago.

Quote:
Some better than others, but overall good. To be honest when it's face to face communication not having good English is less of a problem compared to video call.
I can see why that would be easier.

Quote:
I have no other way. I have really good Intuition and quite often I know that some things should be done and it's clear for me, but not for the others. They are not that far away to process this and realize it. Having arguments with them would be just a waste of time. Going on the aggressive road does not help either as it would cause tension. So I am left with two options. Either I don't do anything but this leads to frustration for me because I know I am right and future proves that I am right and I have to deal with the future mess anyway. The other option is to avoid the mess by being cunning. I prefer the second option.

I love my Intuition. Do not get me wrong. It gives me so many answers, but it sucks when you are not 100 % free to do what it tells you to do. In those cases you need to find another way to do what is necessary.
I hear you and completely understand.

1 AM and have some insomnia. Although, maybe it's because I got more sleep than usual last night. Hope I get tired soon, though.
Wilpen is offline  
Old 12-06-2017, 03:08 AM
  #7
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Chicago is about 400 miles/6 hours away by car. Only about 45 minutes by plane. We will fly. It will be the three of us meeting about 10 people in Chicago.
So pretty quick flight . Have you met those 10 people before?

Quote:
I can see why that would be easier.
Especially considering the different accents and all of that .

Quote:
I hear you and completely understand.
How do you deal in such cases when you know that something will happen and you want to prevent it?

Quote:
1 AM and have some insomnia. Although, maybe it's because I got more sleep than usual last night. Hope I get tired soon, though.
Ah this sucks . I hope that you will fall asleep quick!
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-06-2017, 03:45 AM
  #8
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 97,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
So pretty quick flight . Have you met those 10 people before?
I've met about half of them but that was several years ago.

Quote:
Especially considering the different accents and all of that .
Right! Honestly, the France accent speaking English is hard on my ears because it's so thick. I know I'd probably sound ridiculous speaking French with my American accent but all I know is trying to listen to someone from France speak English is difficult because their accent is so strong it seems like they are speaking half French while going there, lol. I can barely follow while casually listening so it must be tough for you and others who need to deal with business while communicating too.

Quote:
How do you deal in such cases when you know that something will happen and you want to prevent it?
I will either try to passively talk my way out of it or just let it happen and work another plan that still gets me to the same goal but without having to deal with an outcome that is not desirable. I basically work around it if that makes sense.

Quote:
Ah this sucks . I hope that you will fall asleep quick!
Thankfully, I fell asleep about an hour later so I got a few hours of sleep.
Wilpen is offline  
Old 12-06-2017, 04:11 AM
  #9
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I've met about half of them but that was several years ago.
I see. Do you think that you will have some issues?

Quote:
Right! Honestly, the France accent speaking English is hard on my ears because it's so thick. I know I'd probably sound ridiculous speaking French with my American accent but all I know is trying to listen to someone from France speak English is difficult because their accent is so strong it seems like they are speaking half French while going there, lol. I can barely follow while casually listening so it must be tough for you and others who need to deal with business while communicating too.
Same for me. If I am not 100 % focused I would think that I am hearing French .

Quote:
I will either try to passively talk my way out of it or just let it happen and work another plan that still gets me to the same goal but without having to deal with an outcome that is not desirable. I basically work around it if that makes sense.
I do the same basically . I guess I am more resourceful in the way I work around those things.

Quote:
Thankfully, I fell asleep about an hour later so I got a few hours of sleep.
That's good!
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-06-2017, 07:12 AM
  #10
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 92,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Right! Honestly, the France accent speaking English is hard on my ears because it's so thick. I know I'd probably sound ridiculous speaking French with my American accent but all I know is trying to listen to someone from France speak English is difficult because their accent is so strong it seems like they are speaking half French while going there, lol. I can barely follow while casually listening so it must be tough for you and others who need to deal with business while communicating too.
But Pepe Le Pew did it so well!

__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline  
Old 12-06-2017, 04:06 PM
  #11
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 97,810
^^^^^^^^^^ That is sooooooooooooooo hilarious!
Wilpen is offline  
Old 12-06-2017, 04:07 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 97,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I see. Do you think that you will have some issues?
I don't think so. Smooth sailing, I believe.

Quote:
Same for me. If I am not 100 % focused I would think that I am hearing French
I bet!

Quote:
I do the same basically . I guess I am more resourceful in the way I work around those things.
You are, you are great at it.

Quote:

That's good!
How are you feeling?
Wilpen is offline  
Old 12-06-2017, 08:57 PM
  #13
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I don't think so. Smooth sailing, I believe.
This is great! Any news on when it would happen?

Quote:
I bet!
Jerry's video just proves it . It does sound French.

Quote:
You are, you are great at it.
We are forced to be . So M yesterday wanted to ensure me once again how good he is at this. I told him that I know and if I did not think that he was that smart, I would not play my cards like that.

Quote:
How are you feeling?
As far as congestion goes better. I still have cough. And for some reason I am super super super tired. It might be the weather. Last night I went to bed at 8:40 pm. Granted I woke up around 2 am, but then I managed to fall asleep again until it was about time to get up. I can't wait the vacation this month .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-07-2017, 04:02 AM
  #14
Fan Forum Hero

 
Wilpen's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 97,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
This is great! Any news on when it would happen?
Not yet. I think it’ll be set up early next week.

Quote:

Jerry's video just proves it . It does sound French.
Right.

Quote:
We are forced to be . So M yesterday wanted to ensure me once again how good he is at this. I told him that I know and if I did not think that he was that smart, I would not play my cards like that.
Haha.

Quote:
As far as congestion goes better. I still have cough. And for some reason I am super super super tired. It might be the weather. Last night I went to bed at 8:40 pm. Granted I woke up around 2 am, but then I managed to fall asleep again until it was about time to get up. I can't wait the vacation this month .
I’m sure it’s a combination of stress and getting over the infection. Good that you’re listening to your body and getting rest!

When do you start vacation?
Wilpen is offline  
Old 12-07-2017, 04:11 AM
  #15
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 17,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Not yet. I think it’ll be set up early next week.
I see.

Quote:
Right.
. Well it's the truth.

Quote:
Haha.
I guess he needs positive feedback and validation and I suck at giving positive feedback. I mean I try, but I could forget. And in this specific case I do not want him to know all the details because if I tell him that my boss wanted to get rid of him it will cause additional tension between them. On the other hand though I guess he wants me to use words aside actions to show him that I trust him. I do not know what he wants . One thing I for sure do is to thank him every time he does something that I had asked him to do.

He did decide to tell me that a new female co-worker (that we both do not find to be incredibly smart; read we find her stupid) hit on him more than once and he rejected her because she is not smart (his words). I told him that if I thought that he was like her, I would not want him in my project. He was like "Koni don't offend me by comparing me with her". He thinks that she uses men to do her work. He also has a theory that her boyfriend (who is Developer too) does her work actually. He tests her and whenever he asks her how she did something, she can't explain. There is definitely something fishy there.

Quote:
I’m sure it’s a combination of stress and getting over the infection. Good that you’re listening to your body and getting rest!
Yeah most probably .

Quote:
When do you start vacation?
My last work day this year is 20th December. What about you?
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp France, Emily Vancamp Source, Daily Emily VanCamp, Emily VamCamp Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.