Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2017, 05:04 AM
  #286
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
So the trip was postponed. We got a winter storm here and our boss didn’t want us dealing with delays, especially since we had to be there last minute. It wouldn’t have made sense if we were delayed and didn’t attend the two meetings on time.
Makes sense . When will then happen the trip? Or it's still unclear and you will wait to check the weather?

Quote:
When are the French people arriving?
Next week Monday. However our workshop will be 3 full days - from 12 till 14 December.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:10 AM
  #287
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Hope today’s meeting goes better!
Well it started out as bad as yesterday. There were lots of emotions. The CTO got pissed and left the meeting. In the end people were forced to make a decision and find compromise.

So apparently I impressed that much the guy that helped (let's call him M because his name starts with M) that he decided today to tell a story how he did similar things in university . We had breakfast in the office and two co-workers were arguing about something. I decided to ask them and find a compromise between them and they were like "Are you couple therapy consultant" to which M said yes. They asked him then who he is and he was like "I am the intern" .

Anyway we managed the dispute and then went on to share university stories and he supplied just a few where he would do similar things to what I did yesterday.

Not sure if he wants to impress me or wants to tell me that he could play me too. If it's the second then he will have it coming . One thing up right of my sleeve is that sometimes I play innocent by design. Like I just change my voice to play little innocent girl that does not understand anything . And then I strike .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.

Last edited by secretk; 12-05-2017 at 05:16 AM
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:11 AM
  #288
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Yes I’ve taken three Statistics courses, one for Bachelors and two for Graduate school.

Yes my field (my work) is constantly doing stats daily.
Do you find it boring or you like it? Do you find easy to decide on how to represent visually the data and the analysis or it comes natural to you?

We have to come up with title for the new thread .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:26 AM
  #289
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Makes sense . When will then happen the trip? Or it's still unclear and you will wait to check the weather?



Next week Monday. However our workshop will be 3 full days - from 12 till 14 December.
It’s still unclear. Boss has to set up new time with Chicago people.

Got it. The French people that are arriving... do you get along with the ones making the trip?
The Apt is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:29 AM
  #290
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Well it started out as bad as yesterday. There were lots of emotions. The CTO got pissed and left the meeting. In the end people were forced to make a decision and find compromise.

So apparently I impressed that much the guy that helped (let's call him M because his name starts with M) that he decided today to tell a story how he did similar things in university . We had breakfast in the office and two co-workers were arguing about something. I decided to ask them and find a compromise between them and they were like "Are you couple therapy consultant" to which M said yes. They asked him then who he is and he was like "I am the intern" .

Anyway we managed the dispute and then went on to share university stories and he supplied just a few where he would do similar things to what I did yesterday.

Not sure if he wants to impress me or wants to tell me that he could play me too. If it's the second then he will have it coming . One thing up right of my sleeve is that sometimes I play innocent by design. Like I just change my voice to play little innocent girl that does not understand anything . And then I strike .
See this is why I believe you have some Slytherin inside of you. They are magnificently cunning and so are you when you have to be. It is fun to hear about.

Glad the meeting was successful!
The Apt is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:32 AM
  #291
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Do you find it boring or you like it? Do you find easy to decide on how to represent visually the data and the analysis or it comes natural to you?

We have to come up with title for the new thread .
I find it easy and do enjoy it. I better because I’m using it all the time.

Yes we do. I suck at coming up with titles. LOL
The Apt is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:35 AM
  #292
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
It’s still unclear. Boss has to set up new time with Chicago people.
Do you think that it will be this month or they might decide for the next year?

Quote:
Got it. The French people that are arriving... do you get along with the ones making the trip?
In most cases yes . The guys that will come are the Product owner, the Brazilian guy and one designer. I did not always get along with the Product Owner but after our second trip to Nice (remember the trip we had few months back) we get along beautifully. With he Brazilian guy we could fight like cats and dogs and then we could also act like super close friends. It's his style.

With the Designer we could have disagreements, but he also helped me for my presentation by supplying great graphics so overall it will be OK . Tiring because 3 full days in English is not easy, but still I think that it would be OK.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:37 AM
  #293
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
See this is why I believe you have some Slytherin inside of you. They are magnificently cunning and so are you when you have to be. It is fun to hear about.
But I act so innocent when I go there . Plus people force me to go there. Now if it depends on me I would not be that cunning, but people force my hand and don't give me other choice sometimes .

Quote:
Glad the meeting was successful!
Yeah because it would have been just waste of my time .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 05:39 AM
  #294
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I find it easy and do enjoy it. I better because I’m using it all the time.
That's cool! Do you use specific software to do it?

Quote:
Yes we do. I suck at coming up with titles. LOL
It will be still something how we do not care about the title . For example "It's December so we do not care about title".
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 10:10 AM
  #295
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Do you think that it will be this month or they might decide for the next year?



In most cases yes . The guys that will come are the Product owner, the Brazilian guy and one designer. I did not always get along with the Product Owner but after our second trip to Nice (remember the trip we had few months back) we get along beautifully. With he Brazilian guy we could fight like cats and dogs and then we could also act like super close friends. It's his style.

With the Designer we could have disagreements, but he also helped me for my presentation by supplying great graphics so overall it will be OK . Tiring because 3 full days in English is not easy, but still I think that it would be OK.
My boss is trying to get this in before Christmas so probably within the next 1-2 weeks.

Good that the three you have some ups and downs but generally find a way to get along with them. Will all of you speak English with them or just you and a couple others? Will they stay at a hotel close by and will you need to have meals with them?
The Apt is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 10:17 AM
  #296
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
But I act so innocent when I go there . Plus people force me to go there. Now if it depends on me I would not be that cunning, but people force my hand and don't give me other choice sometimes .



Yeah because it would have been just waste of my time .
That's very Slytherin. They are not cunning by nature. They are cunning when they are forced to be, have to be. They are all about getting what they want/they need. They are intelligent, resourceful, ambitious, creative, bold. Some of the greatest witches and wizards were in Slytherin. Ravenclaws would not be cunning to get their way. They wouldn't care, they are off reading a book, and don't set these sort of goals for their endgame. Slytherins get the job done no matter what.
The Apt is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 10:18 AM
  #297
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 91,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
That's cool! Do you use specific software to do it?



It will be still something how we do not care about the title . For example "It's December so we do not care about title".
Good title!

Not really a specific software. In fact, most of us like the pencil and paper approach even if we also graph/chart too. I actually love doing my stats with a pencil and paper then transfer to computer for overall write up.
The Apt is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 10:25 AM
  #298
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
My boss is trying to get this in before Christmas so probably within the next 1-2 weeks.
I see. How do you feel about the trip and the arrangements? Would be draining for you?

Quote:
Good that the three you have some ups and downs but generally find a way to get along with them. Will all of you speak English with them or just you and a couple others? Will they stay at a hotel close by and will you need to have meals with them?
I am not sure what hotel they choose. For dinner I doubt that we will share meals . For lunch yes of course . I can't leave them alone unless they want to of course .

And yes we will all speak English. There will be most probably around 10 people in the workshop.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 10:27 AM
  #299
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's very Slytherin. They are not cunning by nature. They are cunning when they are forced to be, have to be. They are all about getting what they want/they need. They are intelligent, resourceful, ambitious, creative, bold. Some of the greatest witches and wizards were in Slytherin. Ravenclaws would not be cunning to get their way. They wouldn't care, they are off reading a book, and don't set these sort of goals for their endgame. Slytherins get the job done no matter what.
Oh yeah I care about the job being done and I found way to do it . I am just sneaky about it. I do not go in the aggressive way. I try the nice way and if it does not work, I get sneaky behind the scenes and people do not even realize that I forced them to do something.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Old 12-05-2017, 10:28 AM
  #300
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 16,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Good title!
Ok I will close this thread and start the new one .

Quote:
Not really a specific software. In fact, most of us like the pencil and paper approach even if we also graph/chart too. I actually love doing my stats with a pencil and paper then transfer to computer for overall write up.
Ah I see. I am the same way. I like to first try with pen and paper and them move on using computer .
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp France, Emily Vancamp Source, Daily Emily VanCamp, Emily VamCamp Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.