Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Exactly! I never force myself to eat if I am not hungry. If my body is not hungry I don't eat. I do take pills though because otherwise I might have issues.
That's how I roll too.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Btw I remember you also bought laptop for Teresa. Do you remember what did you buy?
A Dell Inspiron 15 with a 500 GB Hard Drive. It's fine for what she uses a computer for. I'm on my computer a lot more than she is. She would rather read.

Quote:
Ah I see. So it's only about the sink. I mean you have no issues in the bathroom?
It's just one side of the kitchen sink. There are no issues in our bathrooms.

Quote:
Me too . My favorite was like "Don't try this with me, it would not work". I told him that I would not and in reality I would not to be honest. Then he was telling me how he told something to our boss and I was like "Don't try this with me because it won't work" and he was like "I won't". Indeed if he tells me such thing, it would not work for him in the long run .He also offered on himself to deal with a co-worker that I don't want to deal with. He makes annoying sexual comments that I do not like. Overall the working relationship is working out good so far. We will see in the future .
That's great!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am not the type of person to make rash decisions and I would not make them because of some jerk . It's not who I am.

At least now my voice is a bit better.

It fits in with who I am .

OK.
That's really good. You are right, making a rash decision due to some jerk who is not worth such importance is not the way to go.

Good that your voice is better! Cough/congestion better?
Old 12-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks! I hope so too. So I definitely managed to assign the task smoothly to someone . I however assigned to a person that does not get along with my favorite so I already warned him that I do not want issues . My favorite reacted normal so I am still happy with my decision to keep him and isolate him from the jerk.

In other news I just had one of the most frustrating meeting ever. I hate when I participate in meetings with lots of people where everyone is frustrated. I feel their emotions and in the end I am frustrated and pissed. And this is how I feel now.
Why was the meeting frustrating?
Old 12-04-2017, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's really good. You are right, making a rash decision due to some jerk who is not worth such importance is not the way to go.
For sure .

Quote:
Good that your voice is better! Cough/congestion better?
Congestion is also better . Thanks for asking ! How are you feeling these days? Sleeping better?
Old 12-04-2017, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Why was the meeting frustrating?
Because there were a lot of emotions at play and in general I could feel people's emotions (blame it on my Moon in Pisces). I know that it's their emotions and not mine, but when there are say 6-7 people and most of them are frustrated for one or another reason I feel all of them.

Long story short 6 months ago two co-workers from my team started working on a project to offer different automated testing strategy. After 6 months of hard work their project was given the green light from Germans. Now this means that the testing team have to adopt their project.

Problem is that one of the reasons this project got the green light is because one of the guys prepared document explaining why the current strategy (followed by our testing team) does not work. Germans saw this and agreed with him.

So we had today meeting between the testing team and those two guys and the CTO. The testing team does not want to use the project developed by those two guys because it's new technology they don't know. The two guys don't want to come to a point where they wasted their time 6 months on working on something that would not be used.

My boss can't control himself and say something like "with this we won't need testers" and basically everyone is frustrated with something. The CTO wants a decision to be made. The testers do not want to have to learn new technology. Our guys want their project to be useful as they invested a lot of time. The project manager that planned the meeting wants decisions.

And I wanted the meeting to be over . So much emotions was just too much for me.
Old 12-04-2017, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
For sure .

Congestion is also better . Thanks for asking ! How are you feeling these days? Sleeping better?
That's good!

Slept okay last night. I'm actually going on a business trip to Chicago tomorrow morning. It's a last minute trip. Will be gone until Wednesday evening.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Because there were a lot of emotions at play and in general I could feel people's emotions (blame it on my Moon in Pisces). I know that it's their emotions and not mine, but when there are say 6-7 people and most of them are frustrated for one or another reason I feel all of them.

Long story short 6 months ago two co-workers from my team started working on a project to offer different automated testing strategy. After 6 months of hard work their project was given the green light from Germans. Now this means that the testing team have to adopt their project.

Problem is that one of the reasons this project got the green light is because one of the guys prepared document explaining why the current strategy (followed by our testing team) does not work. Germans saw this and agreed with him.

So we had today meeting between the testing team and those two guys and the CTO. The testing team does not want to use the project developed by those two guys because it's new technology they don't know. The two guys don't want to come to a point where they wasted their time 6 months on working on something that would not be used.

My boss can't control himself and say something like "with this we won't need testers" and basically everyone is frustrated with something. The CTO wants a decision to be made. The testers do not want to have to learn new technology. Our guys want their project to be useful as they invested a lot of time. The project manager that planned the meeting wants decisions.

And I wanted the meeting to be over . So much emotions was just too much for me.
I can see why it was definitely a tense, emotional meeting. That really sucks. I can see why the guys who worked one this for six months feel very emotional that the testing team does not want to use the project.

Will you have a follow up meeting?
Old 12-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's good!

Slept okay last night. I'm actually going on a business trip to Chicago tomorrow morning. It's a last minute trip. Will be gone until Wednesday evening.
Wow! What are the reasons for the last minute trip? How would you travel? Are you alone or with co-workers? Would you be alone in the room?

Have a safe trip!

I am actually waiting 3 people of the French team for last minute trip on their side for 3 full days here. Yet another reason to skip the company Christmas party . I will be drained after 3 days workshop .
Old 12-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I can see why it was definitely a tense, emotional meeting. That really sucks. I can see why the guys who worked one this for six months feel very emotional that the testing team does not want to use the project.

Will you have a follow up meeting?
Yeah it was understandable. This did not mean that it did not suck for me to be there .

We have a follow up meeting today.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

So guys remember how I told you that I am doing some online course about programming language called Python? Well the course is basically hands on exercises and it's about data science. Meaning the idea of the course is to show you how to use the language Python for analyzing data.

The current section is focused on various basketball trends - set of popular players and all sort of data like games, salary, points etc. All of this is visualized in sort of graphics with different colors and labels. It seems that the homework would be to visualize some sort of analysis on the free throws success rate of the players .

The previous exercise was about financial statements analysis of a company. The guy definitely tried to find the practical in the course . So for now it's fun .

Michelle
I assume you studied statistics in college so that you can analyze data, gather statistics and derive conclusions in the end. Would you say that this happens often in your area of work currently?
Old 12-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
A Dell Inspiron 15 with a 500 GB Hard Drive. It's fine for what she uses a computer for. I'm on my computer a lot more than she is. She would rather read.
Makes sense .

Quote:
It's just one side of the kitchen sink. There are no issues in our bathrooms.
That's good to know!

Quote:
That's great!
Yep. I took kind of risk to twist my bosses' hands and I am still bit wary if the risk would pay off or not. I hope that it would, but you never know .
Old 12-05-2017, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Wow! What are the reasons for the last minute trip? How would you travel? Are you alone or with co-workers? Would you be alone in the room?

Have a safe trip!

I am actually waiting 3 people of the French team for last minute trip on their side for 3 full days here. Yet another reason to skip the company Christmas party . I will be drained after 3 days workshop .
So the trip was postponed. We got a winter storm here and our boss didn’t want us dealing with delays, especially since we had to be there last minute. It wouldn’t have made sense if we were delayed and didn’t attend the two meetings on time.

When are the French people arriving?
Old 12-05-2017, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah it was understandable. This did not mean that it did not suck for me to be there .

We have a follow up meeting today.
Hope today’s meeting goes better!
Old 12-05-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So guys remember how I told you that I am doing some online course about programming language called Python? Well the course is basically hands on exercises and it's about data science. Meaning the idea of the course is to show you how to use the language Python for analyzing data.

The current section is focused on various basketball trends - set of popular players and all sort of data like games, salary, points etc. All of this is visualized in sort of graphics with different colors and labels. It seems that the homework would be to visualize some sort of analysis on the free throws success rate of the players .

The previous exercise was about financial statements analysis of a company. The guy definitely tried to find the practical in the course . So for now it's fun .

Michelle
I assume you studied statistics in college so that you can analyze data, gather statistics and derive conclusions in the end. Would you say that this happens often in your area of work currently?
Yes I’ve taken three Statistics courses, one for Bachelors and two for Graduate school.

Yes my field (my work) is constantly doing stats daily.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread