Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

County High Cafeteria #111 (General OT): We are on thread 111 and too cool to care about a title

Last edited by secretk; 11-20-2017 at 10:00 PM
Old 11-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for making the new thread Michelle . I got so carried away in the discussion that I forgot to plan the new thread. In the end I was wondering why I can't close the thread that you already closed . Not easy at all .
Old 11-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Haha I was on the phone with someone from work and noticed we needed a new thread so while I was on hold I quickly made it.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

About title how about this:

We are on thread 111 and too cool to care about a title or something like that. I want to play with the number .
Old 11-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Michelle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Ah sorry Jerry. I misunderstood. I thought that you meant that she is bland when you compare the two of them as far as looks go.

Now I see your point. So you thought that the writing made her bland? Hm maybe they did not get Ginny's character and did not know how to write her properly.

As far as writing goes what do you think made her bland? Who was your favorite character watching the movies. And I wonder if you forget what you know about the books from Michelle what would you think about the characters and which ones would you find focal and important for the story?
From the movies, Harry was my favorite character, and I also found Snape to be very intriguing. Ron and Hermione were basically Harry's sidekicks, and Ron seemed goofy and cowardly at times. I thought that Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson had a lot of chemistry, but Bonnie Wright/Ginny was almost a non-entity in the movies in my opinion. I've learned a lot more about the characters through my conversations with Michelle and with my wife, so I view everything in a different light now, and I'm sure I'll really view them in a different light once I read the books.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-20-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Wow Michelle. Your description of Ginny in the books is completely different from the Ginny in the movies. Ginny was practically a non-entity in the movies, and her character could best be described as bland, and Bonnie Wright was sort of plain in my opinion. She's pretty in her own way, but she certainly isn't gorgeous like you described Ginny.
Yes, it's completely different, night and day, really. I actually believe Bonnie is a very good actress, way better than Emma, but she still wasn't able to show off her acting chops because for whatever reason, they kept Ginny hidden throughout the films. It was a joke given what she represents in the Harry Potter Series.

Bonnie is cute/pretty but she's not at all with the same look as the real Ginny Weasley. Ginny has the type of beauty that is model-like and utter perfection... not to mention magnetic. She walks in a room filled with 50 people and all 50 will notice her. That is not the type of pretty Bonnie has. Not many people DO have that type of pretty actually! But the real Ginny Weasley did.

Here's a couple quotes:

From the Slytherin crew and that says it all when they're admitting Ginny is beautiful since they despise Harry/the Weasleys and any other House other than their own basically... at least this group of Slytherins:

Quote:
“Potter, precious Potter, obviously he wanted a look at ‘the Chosen One,’ ” sneered Malfoy, “but that Weasley girl! What’s so special about her?”

“A lot of boys like her,” said Pansy, watching Malfoy out of the corner of her eyes for his reaction. “Even you think she’s good looking, don’t you, Blaise, and we all know how hard you are to please!”

“I wouldn’t touch a filthy little blood traitor like her whatever she looked like,” said Zabini coldly, and Pansy looked pleased. - The Half-Blood Prince Ch 7 - The Slug Club (155)
Then Krum... you can usually not get two words out of, let alone about feelings:

Quote:
“This girl is very nice-looking,” Krum said, recalling Harry to his surroundings. Krum was pointing at Ginny, who had just joined Luna. “She is also a relative of yours?”

“Yeah,” said Harry, suddenly irritated, “and she’s seeing someone. Jealous type. Big bloke. You wouldn’t want to cross him.”

Krum grunted. “Vot,” he said, draining his goblet and getting to his feet again, “is the point of being an international Quidditch player if all the good-looking girls are taken?” - The Deathly Hallows Ch 8 - The Wedding (150)

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE jealous Harry there! LOL Harry and Ginny are on a break then when Krum is asking Harry about Ginny.

There's endless quotes about Ginny's beauty throughout the series. This is the real Ginny.

Quote:
Conversely, I do think that Emma Watson resembled Hermione in the first movie, but in the subsequent movies, we were watching Emma instead of Hermione. To be fair though, I don't think that anyone could have predicted that Emma Watson would have turned out to be so breathtakingly beautiful as she got older, but they could have tried to keep her looking more like book Hermione rather than a gorgeous model.
Emma looked more like Hermione in SS/PS because of the hair overall. She still doesn't really portray the real Hermione perfectly however but she was the best in the first film. Then it's like Joey Potter season 3 Creek where she's completely unrecognizable unfortunately in the rest of the films.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-20-2017 at 11:47 AM
Old 11-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
About title how about this:

We are on thread 111 and too cool to care about a title or something like that. I want to play with the number .
Go for it! Change away!

Oh and no, it's not still snowing in Cleveland and not presently snowing in Minnesota either.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Sorry to interrupt your conversation guys but maybe the issue was not how good looking Emma Watson was, but how the other actress was more bland like?

And it's not even only about the looks, it's the way the character is portrayed. It seems that the actress playing Ginny did not manage to make her interesting enough for the fans. Is it possible that the writers gave Emma more to do because the fans enjoyed her acting more?
Nah, to be perfectly honest, Bonnie is a way better actress than Emma. A lot of people were not happy with Emma's acting in the first two films because it was... just not great, lol. Emma got way better as the series moved along though. However, Bonnie is a much better actress overall.

It's because Hermione was featured since she has a huge role obviously and Emma is nice looking. It was so gross... some adult men were commenting on Emma being hot at 12. They all should be sent to prison.

Bonnie did great with what she was given but unfortunately she wasn't given the proper material and the Harry/Ginny story was simply not fleshed out/told AT ALL in the films. Bonnie was barely on the screen and when she was if you blinked you could miss her. It's a shame. To a movie only fan, some might not even realize who Ginny is half the time. It was a joke.

Last edited by jediwands; 11-20-2017 at 11:57 AM
Old 11-20-2017, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5), features Ginny in a big way. It's slower evolution in 1-4 but once book 5 hits, Ginny is very prominent and the Harry/Ginny relationship is getting started. You saw clues/signs it was happening before this but by book 5 you are seeing why Harry is falling for her very, very early book 6.

The film for Book 5 ignored and disregarded 95% of Ginny's moments and 99% of Harry/Ginny moments. It was a dirty rotten shame.

Book 6/7, same thing. You see NOTHING as Harry/Ginny are coming together.

It seriously burns me up.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Bonnie did great with what she was given but unfortunately she wasn't given the proper material and the Harry/Ginny story was simply not fleshed out/told AT ALL in the films. Bonnie was barely on the screen and when she was if you blinked you could miss her. It's a shame. To a movie only fan, some might not even realize who Ginny is half the time. It was a joke.
Yes, that's the whole thing. Bonnie/Ginny was barely on the screen in the movies. I wonder why that happened and I wonder why J.K. Rowling allowed it to happen?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 11-20-2017, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Nah, to be perfectly honest, Bonnie is a way better actress than Emma. A lot of people were not happy with Emma's acting in the first two films because it was... just not great, lol. Emma got way better as the series moved along though. However, Bonnie is a much better actress overall.
Have you seen Bonnie in other roles Michelle? I haven't myself. The only actor I've seen in another role was Daniel Radcliffe. I saw him in a movie called What If?. It was cute Romantic Comedy, but it wasn't all that good.

I'd say that Emma Watson has become the biggest star out of the Harry Potter Cast.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, that's the whole thing. Bonnie/Ginny was barely on the screen in the movies. I wonder why that happened and I wonder why J.K. Rowling allowed it to happen?
Rowling let go of overseeing the films after the second film. She literally let each director/producer do their own thing. That was when she started making it clear that the films were very loosely based on the book series. She knew the accuracy wouldn't be there but she even said she didn't want to be paranoid and obsessed over getting everything perfect so she let them all have creative control.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Have you seen Bonnie in other roles Michelle? I haven't myself. The only actor I've seen in another role was Daniel Radcliffe. I saw him in a movie called What If?. It was cute Romantic Comedy, but it wasn't all that good.

I'd say that Emma Watson has become the biggest star out of the Harry Potter Cast.
I have. She doesn't care about the spotlight, she does things pretty much away from Hollywood by choice. She does films in Europe, she is a screenwriter, director, she's done theater, she does a little of everything. She's also huge with charity. If there's any sort of charity event, she's there.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Rowling let go of overseeing the films after the second film. She literally let each director/producer do their own thing. That was when she started making it clear that the films were very loosely based on the book series. She knew the accuracy wouldn't be there but she even said she didn't want to be paranoid and obsessed over getting everything perfect so she let them all have creative control.
That's too bad, but in some ways I don't blame her, and she still made her millions from all the films I'm sure!

Quote:
I have. She doesn't care about the spotlight, she does things pretty much away from Hollywood by choice. She does films in Europe, she is a screenwriter, director, she's done theater, she does a little of everything. She's also huge with charity. If there's any sort of charity event, she's there.
That's cool! I think people are smart to stay away from the trappings of Hollywood.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:11 PM
Administrator

It's funny, I'm temporarily moderating the Spoilers board, so I'm posting there because I feel like I have to post there, but I post here because I want to post here. Moderating the Spoilers board is tough for me because I don't really watch any current television shows (except Riverdale which I just started watching) so I'm clueless as far as discussing spoilers go. Still though I try to contribute as I can.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread