Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Thanks. I got to work okay. I am home now.

What kind of sleep issues are you having?
Mostly stomach issues, getting up gagging and sometimes getting nauseous in the middle of the night. I need to get back to a healthier lifestyle to eliminate this.

Is Buddy a kisser? All of our dogs have been kissers. Our first dog Andrew set a record once and gave me a hundred kisses (we counted ). Some people don’t like it when their dogs kiss them, but we love it and encourage it. When I get home, Goldie jumps up on my leg to say hello and I reach down and I pet her, and she gives me a kiss.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-06-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Mostly stomach issues, getting up gagging and sometimes getting nauseous in the middle of the night. I need to get back to a healthier lifestyle to eliminate this.
Oh no, that sucks. Are you sure your esophagus and stomach are okay? When is the last time you've had a scope?

Quote:
Is Buddy a kisser? All of our dogs have been kissers. Our first dog Andrew set a record once and gave me a hundred kisses (we counted ). Some people don’t like it when their dogs kiss them, but we love it and encourage it. When I get home, Goldie jumps up on my leg to say hello and I reach down and I pet her, and she gives me a kiss.
Awe so cute! Andrew not only is beautiful (on the inside and outside) but so adorable that he loved to kiss that much. SO cute. Where did Andrew sleep? Did he like his alone time or was he basically always around you guys? Buddy is a big kisser too. If you don't take your face away he will keep going. LOL Then when you take your face away he's looking for a toy to get in your face so we can play fetch. I hear you about some people not liking the kissing. Oh no, I am with you. Kisses and cuddling are a must.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Oh no, that sucks. Are you sure your esophagus and stomach are okay? When is the last time you've had a scope?
I haven't had a scope in a couple of years so I need to get one. Thanks Michelle!

Quote:
Awe so cute! Andrew not only is beautiful (on the inside and outside) but so adorable that he loved to kiss that much. SO cute. Where did Andrew sleep? Did he like his alone time or was he basically always around you guys? Buddy is a big kisser too. If you don't take your face away he will keep going. LOL Then when you take your face away he's looking for a toy to get in your face so we can play fetch. I hear you about some people not liking the kissing. Oh no, I am with you. Kisses and cuddling are a must.
That's so sweet! Goldie always gets one of her toys when she's excited, especially when one of us is home and the other one comes home.

As it turns out, I have to work Tuesday, because my boss didn't give me what I needed to get two quotes done, but I'll work from home. So I'll have an extra day to use before the end of the year.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I haven't had a scope in a couple of years so I need to get one. Thanks Michelle!
Does it feel like it did back when you had a lot of symptoms or do you think you're just getting flares right now from certain food?

Quote:
That's so sweet! Goldie always gets one of her toys when she's excited, especially when one of us is home and the other one comes home.
Adorable.

Quote:
As it turns out, I have to work Tuesday, because my boss didn't give me what I needed to get two quotes done, but I'll work from home. So I'll have an extra day to use before the end of the year.
Your boss is a piece of work.

Well the good news is you do get an extra day you can use. Can you use it whenever you want? Like maybe taking a longer Thanksgiving or Christmas break?
Old 10-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Does it feel like it did back when you had a lot of symptoms or do you think you're just getting flares right now from certain food?
I think it's because I haven't been eating healthy and I've gained weight. I need to get back on track .

Quote:
Adorable.
She really is a sweet, loving and affectionate dog. In answer to your earlier question about Andrew, he would sleep in the bed with us during the Winter, but in the warmer weather he would sleep in the foyer because it had a ceramic tile floor and it was cooler. Andrew was a real Momma's Boy. He loved me too, but he adored Teresa. He would even lay next to the bathtub when she was taking a bath! Chance was more of a Daddy's Boy. He would lay behind me in the Den when I would be on the computer, like I am now. Goldie goes back and forth between us. When we first got her she was a total Daddy's Girl but once Teresa lost her job and was home with her while I was at work, she bonded with Teresa.

Quote:
Your boss is a piece of work.
Yes he is. He aggravates me to no end.

Quote:
Well the good news is you do get an extra day you can use. Can you use it whenever you want? Like maybe taking a longer Thanksgiving or Christmas break?
I'm going to take an extra day at Christmastime so I'll have 17 days off.

Old 10-06-2017, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think it's because I haven't been eating healthy and I've gained weight. I need to get back on track .
Got it. Well that's good in the sense that you know what you have to do and it will make you feel better. Of course this time period sucks since we have Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas coming up and all that good food that goes along with it. But I know you'll get there.

Quote:
She really is a sweet, loving and affectionate dog. In answer to your earlier question about Andrew, he would sleep in the bed with us during the Winter, but in the warmer weather he would sleep in the foyer because it had a ceramic tile floor and it was cooler. Andrew was a real Momma's Boy. He loved me too, but he adored Teresa. He would even lay next to the bathtub when she was taking a bath! Chance was more of a Daddy's Boy. He would lay behind me in the Den when I would be on the computer, like I am now. Goldie goes back and forth between us. When we first got her she was a total Daddy's Girl but once Teresa lost her job and was home with her while I was at work, she bonded with Teresa.
Cute! It's interesting how there's a balance now with Goldie and your other two adorable dogs went to one more than the other. Goldie said enough of that and she's going to go with an equal approach.

Quote:
Yes he is. He aggravates me to no end.
It's almost like he had to make sure you were doing some kind of work on your vacation.

When you're not talking work, is he generally a nice person? In other words, is he a tool both personally and professionally or is it just about the business and outside of work he's pretty cool?

Quote:
I'm going to take an extra day at Christmastime so I'll have 17 days off.
That's awesome. Are you guys going anywhere for Christmas or staying home?
Old 10-06-2017, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Got it. Well that's good in the sense that you know what you have to do and it will make you feel better. Of course this time period sucks since we have Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas coming up and all that good food that goes along with it. But I know you'll get there.
Thanks. Yes, I've done it before and I intend to do it again.

Quote:
Cute! It's interesting how there's a balance now with Goldie and your other two adorable dogs went to one more than the other. Goldie said enough of that and she's going to go with an equal approach.
Yes, she's an equal opportunity love girl

Quote:
It's almost like he had to make sure you were doing some kind of work on your vacation.
Yep. It's so aggravating.

Quote:
When you're not talking work, is he generally a nice person? In other words, is he a tool both personally and professionally or is it just about the business and outside of work he's pretty cool?
Outside of work, he's okay, but he talks incessantly and he has a great need to be the center of attention, so most people find him annoying. He's a real sports buff though so it can be interesting to talk about sports with him.

Quote:
That's awesome. Are you guys going anywhere for Christmas or staying home?
We're trying to figure out where we want to go because my birthday is 9 days before Christmas so we plan to go on vacation somewhere and get back Christmas Eve and then we'll spend Christmas Day at home.

Old 10-06-2017, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

ITS thanksgiving weekend
Old 10-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
ITS thanksgiving weekend
That's right! Happy Thanksgiving Shu!

Old 10-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
ITS thanksgiving weekend
Happy Thanksgiving! What are your plans?
Old 10-06-2017, 10:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Thanks. Yes, I've done it before and I intend to do it again.

Quote:
Yes, she's an equal opportunity love girl
Haha she is!

Quote:
Yep. It's so aggravating.

Outside of work, he's okay, but he talks incessantly and he has a great need to be the center of attention, so most people find him annoying. He's a real sports buff though so it can be interesting to talk about sports with him.
I'm sure that's why he likes to push people around at work too... he has to strut his power. That's good at least sports is an area that he's not annoying and actually interesting. How old is he?

I have a boss that's actually the opposite of your boss. It's nice but sometimes he's so relaxed and casual we're left scratching our heads wondering about this or that and when we go to him for confirmation he'll say he trusts us, whatever we want to do, lol. So sometimes we feel like our boss doesn't exist at times if that makes sense. While it's a positive thing so much of the time, other times when we really do need decision making we are forced to go there on our own even when we're not technically qualified to since it's his thing. That's technically why I've gotten so involved in the management/financial aspect. I am a psychologist and basically have accounting/management duties too, lol. I have learned on the fly and lead meetings regarding grants we need for research projects. Back when I first started they had someone with an actual degree in this area only going there. Now apparently I have about 5 bachelors and 5 masters degrees.

But the good outweighs the bad because he's always telling people to take more time off for this or that... whatever we need, he grants it which is very cool. Everyone is responsible and doesn't take advantage but it is nice to know our schedules are really flexible and there's a level of trust.

Quote:
We're trying to figure out where we want to go because my birthday is 9 days before Christmas so we plan to go on vacation somewhere and get back Christmas Eve and then we'll spend Christmas Day at home.
That sounds like a great plan! Would you stay here in the States or not sure yet?

Last edited by jediwands; 10-07-2017 at 08:27 AM
Old 10-07-2017, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

SHU......

Old 10-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I'm sure that's why he likes to push people around at work too... he has to strut his power. That's good at least sports is an area that he's not annoying and actually interesting. How old is he?
I think he's in his late 40's or early 50's.

Quote:
I have a boss that's actually the opposite of your boss. It's nice but sometimes he's so relaxed and casual we're left scratching our heads wondering about this or that and when we go to him for confirmation he'll say he trusts us, whatever we want to do, lol. So sometimes we feel like our boss doesn't exist at times if that makes. While it's a positive thing so much of the time, other times when we really do need decision making we are forced to go their on our own even when we're not technically qualified to since it's his thing. That's technically why I've gotten so involved in the management/financial aspect. I am a psychologist and basically have accounting/management duties too, lol. I have learned on the fly and lead meetings regarding grants we need for research projects. Back when I first started they had someone with an actual degree in this area only going there. Now apparently I have about 5 bachelors and 5 masters degrees.

But the good outweighs the bad because he's always telling people to take more time off for this or that... whatever we need, he grants it which is very cool. Everyone is responsible and doesn't take advantage but it is nice to know our schedules are really flexible and there's a level of trust.
Your boss sounds awesome, but it must be challenging to handle responsibilities that you're not used to, but I know that you're up to the task.

Quote:
That sounds like a great plan! Would you stay here in the States or not sure yet?
I'll probably stay in the United States because we haven't renewed our passports. I'm thinking either somewhere in Florida, or Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, which is near Wilmington. I visited there once years ago when I went to Wilmington to meet up with some Dawson and Joey Fan Forum friends (as I'm sure you know, both Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill were filmed in Wilmington at Screen Gems Studios) and I thought that it was beautiful.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I woke up coughing and sneezing and then eventually noticed my dad is coughing and sneezing. So I guess it's our turn to have whatever is going on.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think he's in his late 40's or early 50's.
Got it. Married? Sorry, I sound like a psychologist, I am naturally always analyzing situations.

Quote:
Your boss sounds awesome, but it must be challenging to handle responsibilities that you're not used to, but I know that you're up to the task.
Thanks!

Quote:
I'll probably stay in the United States because we haven't renewed our passports. I'm thinking either somewhere in Florida, or Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina, which is near Wilmington. I visited there once years ago when I went to Wilmington to meet up with some Dawson and Joey Fan Forum friends (as I'm sure you know, both Dawson's Creek and One Tree Hill were filmed in Wilmington at Screen Gems Studios) and I thought that it was beautiful.
Those choices sound awesome! I've always wanted to go to Wilmington. The opening scene when Lucas dribbles the basketball on the bridge is a place I've always wanted to go to as a former basketball player. I know the River Court is torn down as well but would love to check that area out too. Notice I'm not even caring about the Dawson's Creek areas. But yes, I heard that area is really nice with the water/beaches.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread