Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2017, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
We won, 3-2 but it was a tough game from start to finish and the parents of the opponent were horrible... oh my God were they bad. These horrible men (grown men) were swearing, saying horrendous things throughout the entire game. Since I wasn't sitting with our group I was close to these clowns. I wanted to tell them to shut the fck up. I was so tempted.
So weird that they would be swearing while watching high school game. They are supposed to be good example for the teens. Swearing is not the best thing they could teach those teens.

Quote:
We played a northern city team, it was a non-conference game.
I am sorry for the stupid question but what is the difference between conference and non-conference games?

Quote:
Wow, yes, it's not like you to lose things so easily. It does show emotionally drained you are. How is work going?
Yep . Luckily it was quite easy to obtain new access card for work. Work is well busy . We postponed the trip to France to the end of September and I am still trying my best to not be there on my own. Basically they have the idea to go with the two for a week and then to remain alone there for another week. However I am trying my best to not let this happening .

What about you? How is work going? Anything interesting? Do you work from home or you have to go the campus?
Old 08-31-2017, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Through my cousin (the one had a mouth with her). He is the one that brought this woman in the hospital to talk to my grandmother. So in the funeral she tried to talk a little bit to my mother and then I guess they invited her (or she came on her own I am not sure) last Saturday for the 3rd month and she told my mother that she wants to talk to her.
Got it. On her own she had the desire to talk to your mother?
Old 08-31-2017, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So weird that they would be swearing while watching high school game. They are supposed to be good example for the teens. Swearing is not the best thing they could teach those teens.
There is something about soccer in this country... brings out the worst in some people. I guess the same can be said for soccer worldwide, too. But as a former athlete of both soccer and basketball, I can say we never had parents like this in basketball, just the opposite. I don't know what it is about soccer that can bring out the worst in people, even at the high school level in the US and the irony is as you know, soccer isn't close to the most popular sport we have here. Although at the high school level it's pretty popular, just not overall.

Quote:
I am sorry for the stupid question but what is the difference between conference and non-conference games?
Not stupid!

Conference games are in your division... so an example... let's take Real Madrid...

A conference/divisional game for them would be playing against Barca.

A non-conference/non-divisional game would be playing against Manchester United.

Make sense?

Quote:
Yep . Luckily it was quite easy to obtain new access card for work. Work is well busy . We postponed the trip to France to the end of September and I am still trying my best to not be there on my own. Basically they have the idea to go with the two for a week and then to remain alone there for another week. However I am trying my best to not let this happening .

What about you? How is work going? Anything interesting? Do you work from home or you have to go the campus?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh why do they want you alone for a week? I mean, at least you'd have someone for a week at least and maybe you'd be comfortable by then and okay for the next week but still, I don't see why it'd be necessary for you to stay alone an extra week????

Good that the trip is postponed though... it gives you more time to get someone there with you for two weeks.

Work is work... not super interesting right now. I have been working from home this week but tomorrow I am going in for two meetings.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Got it. On her own she had the desire to talk to your mother?
Yes. She was the instigator basically. She told my mom that she wants a talk. My mother did not mention anything about paying this woman.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
There is something about soccer in this country... brings out the worst in some people. I guess the same can be said for soccer worldwide, too. But as a former athlete of both soccer and basketball, I can say we never had parents like this in basketball, just the opposite. I don't know what it is about soccer that can bring out the worst in people, even at the high school level in the US and the irony is as you know, soccer isn't close to the most popular sport we have here. Although at the high school level it's pretty popular, just not overall.
I always felt that it's the nature of the game. Soccer is popular and fairly easy to follow and understand IMO. So a lot more people are interested in the game and well the more people, the more idiots you see.

Quote:
Not stupid!

Conference games are in your division... so an example... let's take Real Madrid...

A conference/divisional game for them would be playing against Barca.

A non-conference/non-divisional game would be playing against Manchester United.

Make sense?
I see. So basically they have both conference and non-conference games? Is it because they play in different tournaments?

Quote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh why do they want you alone for a week? I mean, at least you'd have someone for a week at least and maybe you'd be comfortable by then and okay for the next week but still, I don't see why it'd be necessary for you to stay alone an extra week????
I told them that they need to give me information why I am needed there . So they have to work on this.

Quote:
Good that the trip is postponed though... it gives you more time to get someone there with you for two weeks.
True that .

Quote:
Work is work... not super interesting right now. I have been working from home this week but tomorrow I am going in for two meetings.
What are the meetings about?
Old 08-31-2017, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes. She was the instigator basically. She told my mom that she wants a talk. My mother did not mention anything about paying this woman.
If she's legit she's probably picking up on the Energy of your Grandmother who wanted to say something especially to your mom and the Grandfather you are very close to. They are sort of gently pushing her to get your attention.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I always felt that it's the nature of the game. Soccer is popular and fairly easy to follow and understand IMO. So a lot more people are interested in the game and well the more people, the more idiots you see.
It's just really strange.

Basketball, traveling all the way up to Varsity and college (even pros) historically has very down to earth, calm and cool fans and I'd say basketball as a rule is a way more popular sport in this country than soccer. There's just something about soccer.

Quote:
I see. So basically they have both conference and non-conference games? Is it because they play in different tournaments?
Not really tournaments although tournaments are included in both high school and college sports in this country. But tournaments are completely separate and you can have opponents in your conference or non-conference.

As a rule, your regular season games have conference and non-conference opponents. The most important games though are your conference games. They mean the most at both the high school and college level.

Quote:
I told them that they need to give me information why I am needed there . So they have to work on this.

True that .
Is it the French group that wants you there alone?

Quote:
What are the meetings about?
Grants/money.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
If she's legit she's probably picking up on the Energy of your Grandmother who wanted to say something especially to your mom and the Grandfather you are very close to. They are sort of gently pushing her to get your attention.
Could be . She said in the funeral that she has to talk to my aunt and their family. So I guess then later on she also wanted to talk to my mother. She basically told her that her mother would want her to stay out of her sister's problems and to know that even there some people envy us.

That's something I picked up in the hospital btw. The day I saw my grandmother for the last time I was there with my mom and her sister. My mother was asking me questions and basically I answered her so they had to witness the usual way of how we communicate and basically see me for who I am. I felt my grandmother's thoughts just by looking at her. At that moment she realized that she did not know me at all. Like right there it was revealed side of me that she has never seen.

According to this woman my grandmother realized this and this is why she wants know to protect my mom and me from above to basically compensate for this.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's just really strange.

Basketball, traveling all the way up to Varsity and college (even pros) historically has very down to earth, calm and cool fans and I'd say basketball as a rule is a way more popular sport in this country than soccer. There's just something about soccer.
I agree here. Soccer is definitely not the most popular sport here in your country. I would say women soccer is more popular than men, but still you have hockey, football and basketball that are way more popular.

Quote:
Not really tournaments although tournaments are included in both high school and college sports in this country. But tournaments are completely separate and you can have opponents in your conference or non-conference.
I see.

Quote:
As a rule, your regular season games have conference and non-conference opponents. The most important games though are your conference games. They mean the most at both the high school and college level.
I understand. So just to check something. Do your nieces still play in their respective teams while being in varsity?
Quote:
Is it the French group that wants you there alone?
Yes . But now the trip was pushed one week further because one of the guys there is in vacation in the previously discussed week. This is better for me anyway because in the week they wanted us to go there is bank day and I did not want to work on bank day . I would have been compensated (paid double) but still. I wanted to rest.

Quote:
Grants/money.
For new projects?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Could be . She said in the funeral that she has to talk to my aunt and their family. So I guess then later on she also wanted to talk to my mother. She basically told her that her mother would want her to stay out of her sister's problems and to know that even there some people envy us.

That's something I picked up in the hospital btw. The day I saw my grandmother for the last time I was there with my mom and her sister. My mother was asking me questions and basically I answered her so they had to witness the usual way of how we communicate and basically see me for who I am. I felt my grandmother's thoughts just by looking at her. At that moment she realized that she did not know me at all. Like right there it was revealed side of me that she has never seen.

According to this woman my grandmother realized this and this is why she wants know to protect my mom and me from above to basically compensate for this.
That's great. You know what? You almost don't even need a psychic to validate this. You already know this is what your Grandmother would feel being in Spirit and having full understanding again. But it definitely is nice having the validation. I believe it's extremely possible this medium is legit. That is the feeling I'm getting when I think about her. I believe she truly does want to help and knows how important it is for you and your mom to understand this about your Grandmother now because it will help greatly with the mourning process, especially for your mom.

Have you had any dreams about your Grandmother? Even your Grandfather you are close to?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree here. Soccer is definitely not the most popular sport here in your country. I would say women soccer is more popular than men, but still you have hockey, football and basketball that are way more popular.
Exactly. Even baseball is more popular. Basically any main sport here is more popular than soccer overall at the highest level. Traveling soccer, high school soccer are actually very popular but comparing professional soccer to our other sports, it just doesn't compare. You are also right about women's soccer. It is more popular than the men for sure.

Quote:
I see.

I understand. So just to check something. Do your nieces still play in their respective teams while being in varsity?
They can't. It's a law actually. Or law sounds so serious, lol... it is a high school rule... you cannot participate in your club/traveling teams during the high school season. Once the high school season is over, then you can resume your traveling team. Traveling coaches understand this and wouldn't dare go against the high school rule.

Quote:
Yes . But now the trip was pushed one week further because one of the guys there is in vacation in the previously discussed week. This is better for me anyway because in the week they wanted us to go there is bank day and I did not want to work on bank day . I would have been compensated (paid double) but still. I wanted to rest.
Good that it was changed! What do you think are the chances you're alone for one week? I bet the French group wants to get you alone so maybe they can influence you into seeing their point of view and maybe changing your mind? Not that it would work, LOL, but they might think they have a chance with you alone, on their soil.

Quote:
For new projects?
Yes, with the new school year, new projects and sorting out grants/money we need for certain projects. The meetings were cancelled for today since one person had to go out of town at the last minute. They were rescheduled for Tuesday. No complaints on my end.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-01-2017 at 07:11 AM
Old 09-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's great. You know what? You almost don't even need a psychic to validate this. You already know this is what your Grandmother would feel being in Spirit and having full understanding again. But it definitely is nice having the validation. I believe it's extremely possible this medium is legit. That is the feeling I'm getting when I think about her. I believe she truly does want to help and knows how important it is for you and your mom to understand this about your Grandmother now because it will help greatly with the mourning process, especially for your mom.
My mother spent time with her mom in the weeks in the hospital before she died. The had honest conversations and I do believe that my grandmother was in piece when she died. She saw both of her children as well as all three grandchildren and I believe this was enough for her. So what this woman is saying is nothing new, but you are right that it's something my mother needs. She is the type of person that needs external validation. She is Extrovert after all. Not a strong one, but Extrovert and she needs external validation.

Quote:
Have you had any dreams about your Grandmother? Even your Grandfather you are close to?
The only time when I dreamt of my grandmother was two weeks before her death and the dream was kind of deja vu or premonition in a way because it contained certain conversations that happen on the funeral day. Like word by word.

I have dreamt of my grandfather only once. It was soon after his death. We talked, but I don't remember what and then we hugged.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. Even baseball is more popular. Basically any main sport here is more popular than soccer overall at the highest level. Traveling soccer, high school soccer are actually very popular but comparing professional soccer to our other sports, it just doesn't compare. You are also right about women's soccer. It is more popular than the men for sure.
Yes. I forgot baseball!
Quote:
They can't. It's a law actually. Or law sounds so serious, lol... it is a high school rule... you cannot participate in your club/traveling teams during the high school season. Once the high school season is over, then you can resume your traveling team. Traveling coaches understand this and wouldn't dare go against the high school rule.
Makes sense! Too many games is not good for the kids.

Quote:
Good that it was changed! What do you think are the chances you're alone for one week? I bet the French group wants to get you alone so maybe they can influence you into seeing their point of view and maybe changing your mind? Not that it would work, LOL, but they might think they have a chance with you alone, on their soil.
I am not sure. I still hope to make them forget this idea . Well yeah they did think that they could influence me easier. That is not surprising. I do seem nice and even naive person on first glance. That is until someone pisses me off. Then I am not so nice. But I guess I have this face of innocence and niceness.

Quote:
Yes, with the new school year, new projects and sorting out grants/money we need for certain projects. The meetings were cancelled for today since one person had to go out of town at the last minute. They were rescheduled for Tuesday. No complaints on my end.
Good that they were rescheduled. Do you like those meetings or you find them boring? Also when does the new school year start?
Old 09-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
My mother spent time with her mom in the weeks in the hospital before she died. The had honest conversations and I do believe that my grandmother was in piece when she died. She saw both of her children as well as all three grandchildren and I believe this was enough for her. So what this woman is saying is nothing new, but you are right that it's something my mother needs. She is the type of person that needs external validation. She is Extrovert after all. Not a strong one, but Extrovert and she needs external validation.
Makes sense and this was a good thing for them both, having honest conversations. I am so glad your mom had this experience. How is your mom doing as far as grieving? Is she okay overall? Does she have her moments still when it's difficult? Does she share when she feels sad or does she try to keep it private?

Quote:
The only time when I dreamt of my grandmother was two weeks before her death and the dream was kind of deja vu or premonition in a way because it contained certain conversations that happen on the funeral day. Like word by word.

I have dreamt of my grandfather only once. It was soon after his death. We talked, but I don't remember what and then we hugged.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! That totally sounds like deja vu/premonition. Incredible. What was the content?

I remember you mentioning your Grandfather's dream and you know what I think about this... you two were together.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes. I forgot baseball!
Many people do.

Quote:
Makes sense! Too many games is not good for the kids.
Exactly. It's overwhelming, especially with school starting around the time the high school season gets started too.

Quote:
I am not sure. I still hope to make them forget this idea . Well yeah they did think that they could influence me easier. That is not surprising. I do seem nice and even naive person on first glance. That is until someone pisses me off. Then I am not so nice. But I guess I have this face of innocence and niceness.
If they only knew they will be wasting their time.

Quote:
Good that they were rescheduled. Do you like those meetings or you find them boring? Also when does the new school year start?
I find them a snooze but it must be done and over the years I've been basically passed down this accounting/numbers thing too which is interesting because I suck at math.

School year starts this coming week (right after the holiday) for most people but some started today too before the holiday. So right now is the basic answer.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread