Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Cute. Do your children generally get along? Can you predict who you think will be close siblings when they get older?
Maya is sort of independent it I think her and nick have the artistic temperament in common. I think sylvie will prob be close with Lukas.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's telling that she goes to her mother for comfort. It's the best way to answer the question if they are close or not. I did a research study/experiment on children with anxiety and in the end, more times than not, the relationship between mother/child or father/child was the key to figuring out the cause.
It makes sense . Parents/children relationship is really important. As in our country the maternity leave is at least a year the mother spends a lot more time in the first year of the child's life compared to the father. This explains why the kids are getting along the most with their mothers the first few years of their life. At least here. If the kid is not that close to its mother then something is going on.

Quote:
Are her father's parents around a lot since they are the better Grandparents for her?
Yes my cousin leaves her with her father's parents more often. The grandmother on that side used to be kindergarten's teacher so she has really great approach with kids.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ah got it. But for sure you won't be staying that extra week alone then? Could that somehow change?
I doubt it because my flight was booked. Plus if they decide to change last minute while I am there I won't have enough clothes and stuff like that. So I doubt it.

Quote:
I hope the week away goes smoothly.
I hope so too! We will see!

Quote:
In the office in France or at your office in Bulgaria there is restriction?
In the office in France. In Bulgaria so far I have had no issues posting .
Old 09-17-2017, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

So guys sorry for being AWOL yesterday but I was invited to extremely Extroverted party last night and I had to gather strength for it .

It was birthday party so I could not decline, but this girl and her friends are extremely Extrovert and being surrounded by 20 people is not fun . And definitely not on Sunday considering that the next day I am at work.

Now I am super tired and I am not sure how I will handle today at work. My boss is in vacation today and tomorrow and I have to substitute him. Add to this that I have things to do for the workshop (preparation) and few meetings in between. And in my experience if I have day like that I can't recover the whole week until the weekend where I will have whole day for myself. At least this week is a bit shorter because Friday is bank day here. It's our Independence day and we don't work on that day. It's also the day my cousin got married 3 years ago.

Saturday was better. I was shopping stuff for the trip. I was quite lucky because for 2 hours I managed to find pair of jeans, three blouses, shoes and fall jacket. I was especially lucky for the shoes. I wanted simple black shoes that are comfy, but do not like sneakers. So I managed to find something like that:

Today I am with them to test them a bit and get used to them.

After I finished with the shopping I met with a friend for lunch and then went home.
I still want to buy some black pants, but otherwise I am prepared for the trip and the fall in general.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Maya is sort of independent it I think her and nick have the artistic temperament in common. I think sylvie will prob be close with Lukas.
Your children sound so cute. How's work going?
Old 09-18-2017, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
It makes sense . Parents/children relationship is really important. As in our country the maternity leave is at least a year the mother spends a lot more time in the first year of the child's life compared to the father. This explains why the kids are getting along the most with their mothers the first few years of their life. At least here. If the kid is not that close to its mother then something is going on.

Yes my cousin leaves her with her father's parents more often. The grandmother on that side used to be kindergarten's teacher so she has really great approach with kids.
I think it's awesome your country understands the importance of that mother/child bond and at least a year is given for this. That's such a unique benefit your country honors. Outstanding. You are right... given the wonderful benefits your country offers for maternity leave, if the child is not close with the mother something is definitely wrong since there's more than enough time to properly bond and form a healthy relationship with the child feeling confident and secure about other aspects of life as a result of that wonderful foundation with the mother.

Oh I bet the Grandmother who was once a teacher is just great with her.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I doubt it because my flight was booked. Plus if they decide to change last minute while I am there I won't have enough clothes and stuff like that. So I doubt it.
Good. They want more of you, they can come to your turf in Bulgaria, lol.

Quote:

I hope so too! We will see!

In the office in France. In Bulgaria so far I have had no issues posting .
That's good.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
So guys sorry for being AWOL yesterday but I was invited to extremely Extroverted party last night and I had to gather strength for it .

It was birthday party so I could not decline, but this girl and her friends are extremely Extrovert and being surrounded by 20 people is not fun . And definitely not on Sunday considering that the next day I am at work.

Now I am super tired and I am not sure how I will handle today at work. My boss is in vacation today and tomorrow and I have to substitute him. Add to this that I have things to do for the workshop (preparation) and few meetings in between. And in my experience if I have day like that I can't recover the whole week until the weekend where I will have whole day for myself. At least this week is a bit shorter because Friday is bank day here. It's our Independence day and we don't work on that day. It's also the day my cousin got married 3 years ago.

Saturday was better. I was shopping stuff for the trip. I was quite lucky because for 2 hours I managed to find pair of jeans, three blouses, shoes and fall jacket. I was especially lucky for the shoes. I wanted simple black shoes that are comfy, but do not like sneakers. So I managed to find something like that:

Today I am with them to test them a bit and get used to them.

After I finished with the shopping I met with a friend for lunch and then went home.
I still want to buy some black pants, but otherwise I am prepared for the trip and the fall in general.

I think you posted links or pictures but I'm not seeing them? It could just be me though?

I would be having issues right now if I was overstimulated by the extroverts like you were during that party, lol. Hope you are adjusting okay today and can recharge tonight after work some. Good that you're almost ready for the trip! How's work going?
Old 09-18-2017, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

New thread soon. Should we go with another cool title? LOL
Old 09-18-2017, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
New thread soon. Should we go with another cool title? LOL
I am OK either way. How about this? If we come up with a cool title (we have like 5 posts to do it ) we change it. If not we use this one.

So any title that comes to mind?
Old 09-18-2017, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it's awesome your country understands the importance of that mother/child bond and at least a year is given for this. That's such a unique benefit your country honors. Outstanding.
In our country mothers have the right to take up to 3 years maternity. However most mothers start working after the first year because the second two years they receive each month the minimal salary pay and this is not enough. For the first year they get paid 90 % of their salary so it definitely works for most mothers.

Quote:
You are right... given the wonderful benefits your country offers for maternity leave, if the child is not close with the mother something is definitely wrong since there's more than enough time to properly bond and form a healthy relationship with the child feeling confident and secure about other aspects of life as a result of that wonderful foundation with the mother.
For sure .

Quote:
Oh I bet the Grandmother who was once a teacher is just great with her.
Right? I know that your mother had experience in that area so I am pretty sure that she was quite valuable when Anna and Sara were younger.

Michelle I posted the shoes as pictures using the IMG tag . There might be some issues with you accessing the links this way. Here are the actual links - https://obufki.com/img/products/prod...45AB1A9994.jpg, https://obufki.com/img/products/prod...54AB1A6215.jpg.

I hope that I will be able to recharge, but in my experience it takes time. My boss in vacation today and tomorrow so I am on my own. I have to do lots of stuff for preparation for the workshop/trip next week, but luckily I already did most of it. It seems that working on my own (without my boss) is faster as there are no conversations and discussions.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I tried to open that link, Koni, but it said "Forbidden". I would love to see what you bought. You don't like parties, but do you like to shop? I hate to shop!

I like the present title..
Old 09-18-2017, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am OK either way. How about this? If we come up with a cool title (we have like 5 posts to do it ) we change it. If not we use this one.

So any title that comes to mind?
Sounds good.

No, no title comes to mind.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
In our country mothers have the right to take up to 3 years maternity. However most mothers start working after the first year because the second two years they receive each month the minimal salary pay and this is not enough. For the first year they get paid 90 % of their salary so it definitely works for most mothers.
That's just terrific!

Quote:

For sure .

Right? I know that your mother had experience in that area so I am pretty sure that she was quite valuable when Anna and Sara were younger.
You're right and yes, my mom was amazing in this area and totally valuable. Their little eyes lit up when Grandma was interacting with them. She had that special touch and was naturally gifted when it came to interacting with children. They would hang on to her every word.

Quote:
Michelle I posted the shoes as pictures using the IMG tag . There might be some issues with you accessing the links this way. Here are the actual links - https://obufki.com/img/products/prod...45AB1A9994.jpg, https://obufki.com/img/products/prod...54AB1A6215.jpg.

I hope that I will be able to recharge, but in my experience it takes time. My boss in vacation today and tomorrow so I am on my own. I have to do lots of stuff for preparation for the workshop/trip next week, but luckily I already did most of it. It seems that working on my own (without my boss) is faster as there are no conversations and discussions.
Good that work is mostly taken care of and that it's better without your boss overall, lol.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I tried to open that link, Koni, but it said "Forbidden". I would love to see what you bought.
Me too... it's saying Forbidden as well.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread