Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2017, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
This sounds like a great plan! Keep me posted on how it goes.

On palms not so much. On your face every day.
Do you scratch it or just leave it alone while it annoyingly itches?

I just found out from my dad he feels itchy and scratching some too. So it HAS to be a generalized reason, some sort of contact dermatitis causing this. It cannot be a coincidence two humans, one dog all have similar symptoms. My sister said it has to start with the laundry most likely. Either the washer isn't rinsing out the detergent right or possibly a new detergent. I know it's not a new detergent so it has to be the way things are being washed you would think. There's just no way all three of us would have these annoying symptoms all at the same time without some sort of connection.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Unfortunately yeah.

Also to say something on the previous post. Same here. We adapt our vacation days according to work, not the other way around.

Well just bad news. I mean he basically told the boss that he is either out of the team or out of the company. Now we need to decide on how to proceed. Do we add someone in the team in his place. We have no one to add there. Overall the boss is in really bad mood and pissed. No idea what it will happen.

He had no desire to discuss it with me, but with the guy I can't stand. So I left them alone. Whatever.

Yes, that's the normal thing to do, adjusting vacation days according to work!

Wow, wait, which one told the boss he is out of the team or out of the company and what was the precise reasoning?

Your boss discussed with that guy you can't stand and not you?!?!?!

Man, sorry this is so screwed up.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Ugh now my bosses want me to send an email to CEO about something (when it's their job to do it) just because they are annoyed that the CEO chose me to lead the topic. Now I need to find the best possible way to write that email without screwing myself over.
OMG. It is THEIR job to go there, not you! That is for sure! Why are they forcing you to go there? This is bunk! So they are annoyed/jealous the CEO chose you and they want to hang you out to dry? Not fair! Wow, I am sorry you have to deal with this. Did you already write the email? Let me know how it goes. I want this week to end for you already so you can get away.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amont (View Post)
Oh. Well I graduated, so that was quite a big thing. I'm now a Master of Arts in Classical Singing, although my teacher told me it's a long shot for me to have a super-successful career in it. The beginning of this year was stressful beyond imagination, trying to finish everything up and working full time in the professional choir I'm in. In February we were touring in USA, just before that I got rejected by a girl I really liked and asked out and admitted feelings for After that I met someone on Tinder, we went out a couple of times, but nothing more ever grew out of it. Then I worked like hell at school, trying to write the thesis paper etc.. felt exhausted like all the time and my teacher wasn't very fond of that. Anyway, somehow I got it done, last singing exam was evaluated as 3/5 and now I have my Master's Degree. Woo!
YAY! Congratulations on receiving your Master's Degree! What an accomplishment! You are a professional singer... that, in itself, is amazing. Where did you tour in the US? How did you like the US? Awe, sorry about the girl situation, the first girl and the other as well. Anyone else you are interested in at the moment? It's great that you are testing the waters, dating around though because that's the one way you will find your true love... it will happen, I know it.

Quote:

The beginning of summer was such a relief, going back to the countryside to my parents' house, our lovely cats and my collie dog, who's just a joy to be with and I think the most wonderful friend I have. As a sort of prize for graduating and being done with school I had been thinking of going to the LIVE show of one of my favourite bands, Coldplay. The idea came back to me at the last minute, but I made it happen and I saw them on July 8th at Croke Park, Dublin! Was such a joy and thrill, I didn't see more of Ireland, cause it was just a 2 day trip, but so worth it and I'm happy that I went. Ah, the atmosphere and the music, 80 thousand people singing along to most of their songs.. the show was literally the best concert I've been to. The Irish people are lovely, too.. especially the girls But with my zero picking-up skills, I didn't really manage to meet any of them in person, lol.
I've always wanted to go to Ireland. It sounds amazing. Glad you've had some fun this summer. I hear you about having a dog... they are the best. I have a little Havanese male named Buddy and he's a year and a half. He's my everything. How old is your collie? I love collies!

Quote:
I've also been writing some music. There was a contest for choral music that I took part in and both of my entries were chosen for the final concert, so that was cool. I finished revising one of my string orchestra pieces as well. Check all of that out here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/leuphoniemusic

Also a friend of mine commissioned a piece for Estonian zither and mixed choir that is going to be around 10 minutes long - they want it for Christmas, so it's probably going to sound very simple, warm and heartfelt, hopefully. Have to find a nice Estonian poem/lyrics to write to. The zither is a very interesting instrument that I knew very little of beforehand, but I'm eager to explore its sounds etc, the timbre is unique and lovely. So this project is looking to be very exciting
This is all incredible stuff. You are such a creative talent, Amont. I could only dream of having the creative skills that you have in this area of art. Where do you get your creativity? Do you have a lot of creative people in your family/extended family?

So great to hear from you!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Do you scratch it or just leave it alone while it annoyingly itches?
I try to not touch my face because my hands might be dirty and with the barrier problem I have this will cause even more breakouts and inflammation. I use facial mists to calm my face. On my body I do not scratch because my skin is so dehydrated and dry that it will get red and sensitive in seconds. And then I will be left with wound. So no scratching for me. My mother is the same way.

Quote:
I just found out from my dad he feels itchy and scratching some too. So it HAS to be a generalized reason, some sort of contact dermatitis causing this. It cannot be a coincidence two humans, one dog all have similar symptoms. My sister said it has to start with the laundry most likely. Either the washer isn't rinsing out the detergent right or possibly a new detergent. I know it's not a new detergent so it has to be the way things are being washed you would think. There's just no way all three of us would have these annoying symptoms all at the same time without some sort of connection.
It's definitely not a coincidence that all three of you have itching. Definitely not! Yes it has to be in the washing! Do you think that it's a general problem with the washing machine or it was just this one time.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

Yes, that's the normal thing to do, adjusting vacation days according to work!
Exactly! If you have work to do, you have work to do. If I want vacation then I will just finish my work before the vacation.

Quote:
Wow, wait, which one told the boss he is out of the team or out of the company and what was the precise reasoning?
A Bulgarian guy who was in that joined team basically told our boss (it's his as well) that he is either out of the team or out of the company. Well I am not sure what he told the boss, but I know what he said to the team - they are slow and there is lack of professionalism there.

Quote:
Your boss discussed with that guy you can't stand and not you?!?!?!
Yep. I would expect the three of us to discuss.

Quote:
Man, sorry this is so screwed up.
. Definitely. I requested a day off on Friday as well. I am sick and tired of this and I plan to start my vacation one day earlier. Let them deal with stuff.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
OMG. It is THEIR job to go there, not you! That is for sure! Why are they forcing you to go there? This is bunk! So they are annoyed/jealous the CEO chose you and they want to hang you out to dry? Not fair! Wow, I am sorry you have to deal with this. Did you already write the email? Let me know how it goes. I want this week to end for you already so you can get away.
They are forcing me to go there because they are jealous. I mean the guy I can't stand wants me to write the email and the boss is like "You are the CEO's favorite". If this is not jealousy I do not know what it is.

I did write an email, but I have not sent it yet. I told them that I need time to do it. I also already talked to my German boss and we will discuss this between us before sending any email. I motivated him enough by explaining to him that we are losing valuable Developers because of this project.

He promised that he will contact me once he is in the office. He is still at home. I hope that he will help me. For now he has always managed to help me so we will see whether he has more positions in this game than me. I will keep you posted.

Last edited by secretk; 08-09-2017 at 02:34 AM
Old 08-09-2017, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I try to not touch my face because my hands might be dirty and with the barrier problem I have this will cause even more breakouts and inflammation. I use facial mists to calm my face. On my body I do not scratch because my skin is so dehydrated and dry that it will get red and sensitive in seconds. And then I will be left with wound. So no scratching for me. My mother is the same way.
I'm the same way and even have some battle scars from scratching in the past.

Quote:
It's definitely not a coincidence that all three of you have itching. Definitely not! Yes it has to be in the washing! Do you think that it's a general problem with the washing machine or it was just this one time.
General problem because this has been going on for weeks now. Buddy started about a month ago. My dad said he noticed... about a month ago. Same time period for me too.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Exactly! If you have work to do, you have work to do. If I want vacation then I will just finish my work before the vacation.
Exactly.

Quote:
A Bulgarian guy who was in that joined team basically told our boss (it's his as well) that he is either out of the team or out of the company. Well I am not sure what he told the boss, but I know what he said to the team - they are slow and there is lack of professionalism there.
Oh so he's pissed at the people in France?

Quote:
Yep. I would expect the three of us to discuss.
Yes. Did you guys discuss today or no?

Quote:
. Definitely. I requested a day off on Friday as well. I am sick and tired of this and I plan to start my vacation one day earlier. Let them deal with stuff.
Good!!!!! That's great! How long do you have off? So glad you are getting away from this for a while very soon.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They are forcing me to go there because they are jealous. I mean the guy I can't stand wants me to write the email and the boss is like "You are the CEO's favorite". If this is not jealousy I do not know what it is.
It's jealousy and sick immaturity.

Quote:
I did write an email, but I have not sent it yet. I told them that I need time to do it. I also already talked to my German boss and we will discuss this between us before sending any email. I motivated him enough by explaining to him that we are losing valuable Developers because of this project.

He promised that he will contact me once he is in the office. He is still at home. I hope that he will help me. For now he has always managed to help me so we will see whether he has more positions in this game than me. I will keep you posted.
Oh I hope so, yes keep me posted.

Have you considered changing jobs? With your education, advanced degree, I would imagine you could have your pick of jobs. This is always an option if your work situation gets too stressful or you want to move on just in general. You HAVE options.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm the same way and even have some battle scars from scratching in the past.
Sucks that you have scarring from that but yeah dry and dehydrated skin heals way slower compared to oily skin.

Quote:
General problem because this has been going on for weeks now. Buddy started about a month ago. My dad said he noticed... about a month ago. Same time period for me too.
So it might be about the washing machine? You said that it's not new detergent so then we are left with the washing machine itself.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly.
The other approach is a foreign concept to me.

Quote:
Oh so he's pissed at the people in France?
Not so much pissed as not wanting to work with them .

Quote:
Yes. Did you guys discuss today or no?
Between us no. We had discussion with the guy that wanted out of the team and man in the end they turned it out to a lunch conversation . I told them that this has nothing to and they can't speculate and assume things without asking the person. The HR decided to stay silent for this argument.

Quote:
Good!!!!! That's great! How long do you have off? So glad you are getting away from this for a while very soon.
I have Friday and the whole next week. Yeah I need it.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's jealousy and sick immaturity.
Exactly! Luckily my German was quite honest with me and gave me great advise plus he helped me delaying sending the email and I have his support now so we will have to come up with something.

Quote:
Oh I hope so, yes keep me posted.
Apparently my boss (and not the guy that annoys me ) started also writing email on his own so it seems that he is less jealous .

Quote:
Have you considered changing jobs? With your education, advanced degree, I would imagine you could have your pick of jobs. This is always an option if your work situation gets too stressful or you want to move on just in general. You HAVE options.
That's definitely option so yeah I am also thinking about this. If it continues this way I would definitely start looking for another job.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

That's definitely option so yeah I am also thinking about this. If it continues this way I would definitely start looking for another job.
Koni, are you on Linked In? Being on Linked In Chris gets job offers everyday from various companies. With your resume, credentials, and experience companies will be knocking down the door to get you.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Amont......

Closed Thread   Post New Thread