Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Lotion, as frequently as possible basically. I seriously could be putting it on all the time. No estrogen has just dried me up. I go there a few times a day.
Sucks that you need to work on this so much!

Quote:
I do have some itching on my face but I've noticed if I'm sweaty that's when it's bad. If I keep my face without sweat I am better off. Since my face is more oily than dry, the itching on my face is not due to dryness. Thus, I can even apply witch hazel and it helps.
I see. Sweat can cause itching for my body . However my face is just so sensitive. It gets annoyed even if just hair touched it. Not to mention the water that burns my face. I have similar problems with my hands. Everything annoys my palms. It's why I hate touchpad. Oh my this thing makes my palms go crazy.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
My mom totally knew.
Sometimes moms do know best .

Quote:
You are handling the situation perfectly with the Brazilian and French guy. I like what you said about the estimations. How on earth are you expected to agree if you were not actively involved in making those estimations? I hope the meeting goes okay on Wednesday. Will it be like a video chat or how will the meeting transpire?
For now it's supposed to be a video chat. Apparently it's not possible to book a telepresence room for conference call.

We will see how it will go because I am in a open space environment and such video calls interfere everyone's job. Not to mention that I have to think about what I say .
Old 08-08-2017, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Sucks that you need to work on this so much!

I see. Sweat can cause itching for my body . However my face is just so sensitive. It gets annoyed even if just hair touched it. Not to mention the water that burns my face. I have similar problems with my hands. Everything annoys my palms. It's why I hate touchpad. Oh my this thing makes my palms go crazy.
I'm convinced we have some sort of contact dermatitis. I saw my dad sort of scratching yesterday though he claims he's not feeling itchy. The washing machine screwed up a cycle a few days ago so I have to wonder if it's properly rinsing out detergent. The two spots that Buddy is scratching the most are two areas that would touch the pillow he sleeps on along with my sheets: Ears when he sleeps/lays on side and private area when he's laying/sleeping on stomach/and curled up in a ball.

What do you put on your face and palms?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Sometimes moms do know best .
Definitely.

Quote:
For now it's supposed to be a video chat. Apparently it's not possible to book a telepresence room for conference call.

We will see how it will go because I am in a open space environment and such video calls interfere everyone's job. Not to mention that I have to think about what I say .

How's work going today?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm convinced we have some sort of contact dermatitis. I saw my dad sort of scratching yesterday though he claims he's not feeling itchy. The washing machine screwed up a cycle a few days ago so I have to wonder if it's properly rinsing out detergent. The two spots that Buddy is scratching the most are two areas that would touch the pillow he sleeps on along with my sheets: Ears when he sleeps/lays on side and private area when he's laying/sleeping on stomach/and curled up in a ball.
Hm this is totally possible. Maybe you should change his pillow with freshly washed one to test this theory?

Quote:
What do you put on your face and palms?
On my palms I usually put specific barrier repairing hand cream. On my face I use lots of hydrating lotions and essences as well as barrier repairing creams (two in fact) and top it with moisturizer. It's getting a little bit better I think, but the barrier is still quite thin and could be easily compromised.
Old 08-08-2017, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

How's work going today?
I am so tired. The whole day I have been thinking that it's Thursday . In other news one of the guys in this joined team basically declared to the team that he is no longer part of the team because of their lack of professionalism. Like he specifically stated that. He also mentioned that they are too slow for him.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Hm this is totally possible. Maybe you should change his pillow with freshly washed one to test this theory?

On my palms I usually put specific barrier repairing hand cream. On my face I use lots of hydrating lotions and essences as well as barrier repairing creams (two in fact) and top it with moisturizer. It's getting a little bit better I think, but the barrier is still quite thin and could be easily compromised.
Over the next couple days I'm going to carefully wash my sheets and comforter as well as his pillow and see if that helps us both.

Do you still itch on your face and palms fairly regularly?
Old 08-08-2017, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I am so tired. The whole day I have been thinking that it's Thursday . In other news one of the guys in this joined team basically declared to the team that he is no longer part of the team because of their lack of professionalism. Like he specifically stated that. He also mentioned that they are too slow for him.
Are you tired due to the lack of sleep or tired due to the work situation?

Is this guy working directly in your office or in France? Too slow makes sense given what I picked up from the horrible ex French friend. I remember her telling me about work projects and such and I couldn't believe how slowly they got things done. She would tell me things that they would accomplish which would take months and all I kept thinking about is here we'd have to get it done within weeks. She mentioned with vacations they needed to work around everyone's schedule. I'm like so in France work related projects are put on hold due to vacations and not the other way around with vacations being dictated around work instead? She didn't like my question.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Are you tired due to the lack of sleep or tired due to the work situation?
I would say more due to work than to lack of sleep.

Quote:
Is this guy working directly in your office or in France? Too slow makes sense given what I picked up from the horrible ex French friend. I remember her telling me about work projects and such and I couldn't believe how slowly they got things done. She would tell me things that they would accomplish which would take months and all I kept thinking about is here we'd have to get it done within weeks. She mentioned with vacations they needed to work around everyone's schedule. I'm like so in France work related projects are put on hold due to vacations and not the other way around with vacations being dictated around work instead? She didn't like my question.
In our office, but with the guys from France. It's the same team that I have talked about and saying that they are slow. So yeah no surprise that he feels the same way.

We will see what it will happen with this project, but I sense bad news .
Old 08-08-2017, 05:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I would say more due to work than to lack of sleep.

In our office, but with the guys from France. It's the same team that I have talked about and saying that they are slow. So yeah no surprise that he feels the same way.

We will see what it will happen with this project, but I sense bad news .
Got it. The stress at your work sounds exhausting so makes sense you feel fatigue!

When you say you sense bad news what could the possible outcomes be?
Old 08-08-2017, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Koni, reading about your work drama makes me glad I am retired!
Old 08-08-2017, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Over the next couple days I'm going to carefully wash my sheets and comforter as well as his pillow and see if that helps us both.
This sounds like a great plan! Keep me posted on how it goes.

Quote:
Do you still itch on your face and palms fairly regularly?
On palms not so much. On your face every day.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Got it. The stress at your work sounds exhausting so makes sense you feel fatigue!
Unfortunately yeah.

Quote:
When you say you sense bad news what could the possible outcomes be?
Also to say something on the previous post. Same here. We adapt our vacation days according to work, not the other way around.

Well just bad news. I mean he basically told the boss that he is either out of the team or out of the company. Now we need to decide on how to proceed. Do we add someone in the team in his place. We have no one to add there. Overall the boss is in really bad mood and pissed. No idea what it will happen.

He had no desire to discuss it with me, but with the guy I can't stand. So I left them alone. Whatever.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Glad it was removed and very happy your appendectomy happened without any complications. What else have you been up to? What kind of music have you been listening to? Performing?
Oh. Well I graduated, so that was quite a big thing. I'm now a Master of Arts in Classical Singing, although my teacher told me it's a long shot for me to have a super-successful career in it. The beginning of this year was stressful beyond imagination, trying to finish everything up and working full time in the professional choir I'm in. In February we were touring in USA, just before that I got rejected by a girl I really liked and asked out and admitted feelings for After that I met someone on Tinder, we went out a couple of times, but nothing more ever grew out of it. Then I worked like hell at school, trying to write the thesis paper etc.. felt exhausted like all the time and my teacher wasn't very fond of that. Anyway, somehow I got it done, last singing exam was evaluated as 3/5 and now I have my Master's Degree. Woo!

The beginning of summer was such a relief, going back to the countryside to my parents' house, our lovely cats and my collie dog, who's just a joy to be with and I think the most wonderful friend I have. As a sort of prize for graduating and being done with school I had been thinking of going to the LIVE show of one of my favourite bands, Coldplay. The idea came back to me at the last minute, but I made it happen and I saw them on July 8th at Croke Park, Dublin! Was such a joy and thrill, I didn't see more of Ireland, cause it was just a 2 day trip, but so worth it and I'm happy that I went. Ah, the atmosphere and the music, 80 thousand people singing along to most of their songs.. the show was literally the best concert I've been to. The Irish people are lovely, too.. especially the girls But with my zero picking-up skills, I didn't really manage to meet any of them in person, lol.

I've also been writing some music. There was a contest for choral music that I took part in and both of my entries were chosen for the final concert, so that was cool. I finished revising one of my string orchestra pieces as well. Check all of that out here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/leuphoniemusic

Also a friend of mine commissioned a piece for Estonian zither and mixed choir that is going to be around 10 minutes long - they want it for Christmas, so it's probably going to sound very simple, warm and heartfelt, hopefully. Have to find a nice Estonian poem/lyrics to write to. The zither is a very interesting instrument that I knew very little of beforehand, but I'm eager to explore its sounds etc, the timbre is unique and lovely. So this project is looking to be very exciting
Old 08-08-2017, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Ugh now my bosses want me to send an email to CEO about something (when it's their job to do it) just because they are annoyed that the CEO chose me to lead the topic. Now I need to find the best possible way to write that email without screwing myself over.