Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2017, 06:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Basically if someone said something inappropriate like trying to insult or strongly disagreeing or just attempted to come at my mom and Grandma they would not engage and allow a continued discussion. They would basically tell the person in so many words to shove it, the conversation is over.
Love that .

Quote:
A specific example with my mom is years ago when Bush was elected into office and everyone started talking about politics and the election. There was even fighting going on. My mom was the one that stepped up and bluntly told everyone to basically stay in their lane, they were there for work, not to have political debates. No one was going to agree on everything and the platform was just not appropriate to attempt to go there. They all shut up after that. LOL
She was right for sure .

Quote:
They were very nice people who would give the shirt off their backs. Remember in the past I've mentioned how my Grandmother would leave their porch door/light open in Western Pennsylvania so if anyone needed food and shelter, she would house them/feed them, take care of them?
This is so nice of people. Not everyone is like that.

Quote:
She was a very kind and giving person. However, if you took advantage of her for even a second, she wouldn't put up with it either. You know how I attract people and they take advantage like lingering PMs or emails asking me for advice constantly or just online and in person people wanting me to act like a permanent psychologist or psychic for them and they don't know when to stop taking up my time? Well, my mom and Grandma would have never allowed this to happen. They would have cut these people off after initially helping but the lingering never would have happened if that makes sense.
So awesome that they knew when to put a stop to people. Yep, you should be like them .

Quote:
How old is he?
I don't know for sure, but I think that he is around 50 or something like that.

Quote:
So unprofessional of him to say the "lies" BS. Was he referring to you about the lies? What an idiot. He sounds defensive and almost like a little boy who isn't getting his way. He took the bait though... you are right! You have proof since he's stupid enough to type this in words. LOL
We had statistics and facts in our presentation. He claims that those are lies. I would say that his statistics are lies.

There is progress though. The Brazilian guy wanted to video call me. I told him that if he plans constructive conversation he could call me. If he plans petty conversation then I do not have time for it .

Anyway we had long discussion where I basically told him that I do not want emotions involved, this is work. I told him that I don't give sht about their process of working I want things to work. And unlike some people if I don't get what I want in terms of process I will go above them and get what I want. I told him that at this point I do not even want to be in the team. I was pretty blunt and honest and I told him that I want results. I don't care about the process, I don't care what's written in the books. It's either working for me or not. If it doesn't I either change it or remove myself from the situation. It's simple as that.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I just felt it this way. It's like it was meant for you to take him as your puppy.

This sounds good. What about your itching? Did it get better?

Does your skin get greasy?

Whole body, face and scalp.
I think you're 100% right about my relationship with Buddy.

Itching gets a little better, but not completely. The summer, as you know, is just hell for me. The sweating, heat rashes don't help matters with the itch either.

Nah, skin doesn't feel greasy because I'm dry as the desert. I put some on and it's like my skin inhales the lotion. I need to reapply often.

Not on face, never on face or else I'll get a break out. Vaseline, everywhere except for face and scalp. Coconut oil on scalp before bed sometimes.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
The Painted Rocks in Lake Superior. If I recall correctly the town was called Munising.
The UP, got it. That area's beautiful.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Love that .

She was right for sure .

This is so nice of people. Not everyone is like that.

So awesome that they knew when to put a stop to people. Yep, you should be like them .
I think about them and how they were now in the present and moving forward. That is why the past haunts me a bit. I wish I would have been like them during a couple instances because guaranteed, a couple people in my life would have been dumped but not before being chewed out as well. I guess the way I see it is the way things did go down was a learning experience and meant to be. Still, I think about how I would have handled it now and man, it would have been totally different. It should be noted that my mother despised both the ex French friend and the ex as well. She hated them and told me as much. She never tried to cross a line and tell me what to do... but I would hear her say she would get bad feelings about them. My mom loved all my Cleveland friends and a few friends from Minnesota too so it's not like she ever judged those in my life harshly. But she couldn't help stating she had a bad feeling about those two... she was 1000000000000% bang on as we know.

Quote:

I don't know for sure, but I think that he is around 50 or something like that.
So he should be less immature and way more older and wiser than he seems to be.

Quote:
We had statistics and facts in our presentation. He claims that those are lies. I would say that his statistics are lies.

There is progress though. The Brazilian guy wanted to video call me. I told him that if he plans constructive conversation he could call me. If he plans petty conversation then I do not have time for it .

Anyway we had long discussion where I basically told him that I do not want emotions involved, this is work. I told him that I don't give sht about their process of working I want things to work. And unlike some people if I don't get what I want in terms of process I will go above them and get what I want. I told him that at this point I do not even want to be in the team. I was pretty blunt and honest and I told him that I want results. I don't care about the process, I don't care what's written in the books. It's either working for me or not. If it doesn't I either change it or remove myself from the situation. It's simple as that.
I love what you said. These are two separate people, right? The French guy and the Brazilian guy working in France?

I love what you said. The emotions part is precisely why you were asked by your higher ups to get involved. Not only are you an educated professional and understand your material, but you get how to be an intellectual without emotions and hurt feelings getting involved. What you said was perfection.

How did he respond to what you said?
Old 08-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah. Before I went there, I would've pronounce that The U.P. instead of The Yoop like the locals do.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think you're 100% right about my relationship with Buddy.
I think that this is what is so awesome about your relationship. You both know that you were meant to met each other.

Quote:
Quote:
Itching gets a little better, but not completely. The summer, as you know, is just hell for me. The sweating, heat rashes don't help matters with the itch either.
. How often do you need to apply lotion to get it better?

Quote:
Nah, skin doesn't feel greasy because I'm dry as the desert. I put some on and it's like my skin inhales the lotion. I need to reapply often.
I see. For me it's not like that. My skin is quite itchy and sensitive, but it also does not like the greasy feeling. It's really weird.

Quote:
Not on face, never on face or else I'll get a break out. Vaseline, everywhere except for face and scalp. Coconut oil on scalp before bed sometimes.
Do you get itching on your face? I actually can use Vaseline on my face, but it's when I have open wounds due to breakouts. It helps with the healing process.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think about them and how they were now in the present and moving forward. That is why the past haunts me a bit. I wish I would have been like them during a couple instances because guaranteed, a couple people in my life would have been dumped but not before being chewed out as well. I guess the way I see it is the way things did go down was a learning experience and meant to be. Still, I think about how I would have handled it now and man, it would have been totally different. It should be noted that my mother despised both the ex French friend and the ex as well. She hated them and told me as much. She never tried to cross a line and tell me what to do... but I would hear her say she would get bad feelings about them. My mom loved all my Cleveland friends and a few friends from Minnesota too so it's not like she ever judged those in my life harshly. But she couldn't help stating she had a bad feeling about those two... she was 1000000000000% bang on as we know.
I agree that the things went down as it is because it was like a learning curve for you. Your mother knew that they were bad news. But I am sure that now you know better and if it came to a such point you will handle it gracefully but firmly.

Quote:
So he should be less immature and way more older and wiser than he seems to be.
True .

Quote:
I love what you said. These are two separate people, right? The French guy and the Brazilian guy working in France?
Yes. One is Brazilian working in France, the other one is French guy working in France.

Quote:
I love what you said. The emotions part is precisely why you were asked by your higher ups to get involved. Not only are you an educated professional and understand your material, but you get how to be an intellectual without emotions and hurt feelings getting involved. What you said was perfection.
I even mentioned the French guy in relation to the petty conversations . We had like 2:30 hours video call and I basically I told him more than once that if the things don't work out for me I would not be involved with the project at all. And he was like I got the "at all" part .

He also asked me if I could agree with their estimations and I said that I can't because they did not ask me. He was like "You want us to repeat them". I told him that it's simple. I either take part in the estimations and estimate or I don't agree with their estimations and I want this to be perfectly said in front of the management.

Quote:
How did he respond to what you said?
Well they agreed to repeat the estimations and they specifically asked me to again present my ideas on a meeting we have on Wednesday. Of course he is the one that contacts me, not the French guy and the Swedish guy that would always tell me this is not scrum. I actually the Brazilian that I don't care what is scrum and what not. I told him that we were forced to work in this process and I don't like it, but this not matter. What matters is that I don't see results.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I think that this is what is so awesome about your relationship. You both know that you were meant to met each other.

. How often do you need to apply lotion to get it better?

I see. For me it's not like that. My skin is quite itchy and sensitive, but it also does not like the greasy feeling. It's really weird.

Do you get itching on your face? I actually can use Vaseline on my face, but it's when I have open wounds due to breakouts. It helps with the healing process.
Lotion, as frequently as possible basically. I seriously could be putting it on all the time. No estrogen has just dried me up. I go there a few times a day.

I do have some itching on my face but I've noticed if I'm sweaty that's when it's bad. If I keep my face without sweat I am better off. Since my face is more oily than dry, the itching on my face is not due to dryness. Thus, I can even apply witch hazel and it helps.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I agree that the things went down as it is because it was like a learning curve for you. Your mother knew that they were bad news. But I am sure that now you know better and if it came to a such point you will handle it gracefully but firmly.

True .

Yes. One is Brazilian working in France, the other one is French guy working in France.

I even mentioned the French guy in relation to the petty conversations . We had like 2:30 hours video call and I basically I told him more than once that if the things don't work out for me I would not be involved with the project at all. And he was like I got the "at all" part .

He also asked me if I could agree with their estimations and I said that I can't because they did not ask me. He was like "You want us to repeat them". I told him that it's simple. I either take part in the estimations and estimate or I don't agree with their estimations and I want this to be perfectly said in front of the management.

Well they agreed to repeat the estimations and they specifically asked me to again present my ideas on a meeting we have on Wednesday. Of course he is the one that contacts me, not the French guy and the Swedish guy that would always tell me this is not scrum. I actually the Brazilian that I don't care what is scrum and what not. I told him that we were forced to work in this process and I don't like it, but this not matter. What matters is that I don't see results.
My mom totally knew.

You are handling the situation perfectly with the Brazilian and French guy. I like what you said about the estimations. How on earth are you expected to agree if you were not actively involved in making those estimations? I hope the meeting goes okay on Wednesday. Will it be like a video chat or how will the meeting transpire?
Old 08-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Yeah. Before I went there, I would've pronounce that The U.P. instead of The Yoop like the locals do.

As a Cleveland native I grew up on Lake Erie. Literally, Lake Erie was in the backyard of my childhood home. When I was a child my dad also did business in Chicago. Quite often, a bunch of us would go with him and spend summers right on Lake Michigan. That is, when we weren't in Western Pennsylvania in the mountains accumulating wonderful memories. Then I moved to Minnesota which is the Land of 10,000 Lakes. A good friend of mine who is a lawyer has a house right off of Lake Minnetonka which is a huge lake in the Twin Cities. Numerous celebrities/athletes have homes on Lake Minnetonka. I've also gone up to Duluth and have spent time in that gorgeous area right off of Lake Superior. My mom's side of the family is from Western Pennsylvania, my dad's side of the family is from Cleveland, Ohio. Thus, how this Cleveland native found a way to love both the Cleveland Browns and the Pittsburgh Steelers. I know I'm the only one in history that feels this way. Anyway, one set of relatives on my mom's side moved to Detroit, Michigan, or a suburb of Detroit when my cousins were just out of high school. We have gone up to the UP several times since they moved to Michigan. It's a gorgeous area.

So as you can see, my history is Lakes with a splash of Mountains. LOL I know oceans are terrific too. But at the end of the day I am all about Lakes, especially the Great Lakes. They are in my blood. So give me Lake Superior, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, and I'm good to go.

Do you have any general comments about your trip and the places you visited? What about the locals... any stories to tell about the locals in the Midwest you interacted with?
Old 08-07-2017, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Love this article on the Great Lakes:

Quote:
But anyone who calls the Great Lakes home — or a home away from home — knows it’s near impossible to beat the breathtaking surroundings of the five lakes that touch eight states and Canada. Below check out a few of the reasons why the Great Lakes just might be the greatest ever, and if you make it to the end without seeing your favorite spot, submit a photo or memory below.
Awesome pictures too:

27 Reasons The Great Lakes Are Truly The Greatest (PHOTOS) | HuffPost
Old 08-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This picture is so gorgeous:

The description:

Quote:
Michigan's Upper Peninsula is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Lake Superior stuns in this amazing view of Miners Castle near Munising
You don't get this with oceans. This is all Lakes with the beautiful forest/trees, historical architecture.

Every picture is breathtaking...

17 Simply Incredible Photos Of Michigan's Great Lakes
Old 08-07-2017, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Have to get in my Lake Erie in Cleveland.

Downtown Cleveland in the background.

I wish I could find a picture of the house I grew up in. Literally, Lake Erie was a playground in the backyard! You basically took about two steps and you were in Erie.

My Lake Erie sunset in Cleveland:

Nothing like it. I spent so many hours and hours on a bench or in my background growing up just staring at the Lake. Water Skiing too!
Old 08-07-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This is the city I was born in and a very similar picture to what I had in my backyard growing up... this is in the same neighborhood where I grew up:

Old 08-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I need to make an avatar from this because it's me, lol:

Closed Thread   Post New Thread