Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2017, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Today has been a crazy day. I have been really busy. I had to go in to work not once but twice. Driving to downtown isn't always fun with traffic so the second time I went I was stuck in traffic on the way home. I also had two appointments. Just getting home and settling in now. Want to feed my dog, feed myself and be left alone (with my dog) tonight.
Wow definitely busy! Why did you have to go twice to work?
Quote:
You should think about getting tested. I've been tested more than once for autoimmune diseases because I share so many symptoms and having IgA Deficiency puts me at higher risk to get an autoimmune disease.
How do you test for this? I mean is it blood test or something else?

Quote:
But yes, Sjogren's Syndrome is an autoimmune disease that many women have and are delayed in getting a diagnosis because you can put some of the symptoms in the category of being normal or whatever. Venus Williams has Sjogren's.
Now that you mention it, I have read about Williams having it.
Quote:
Genetics and hormones for sure.
Yeah .
Quote:
Makes sense.

I was just at a doctor's appointment and the nurse (male nurse) said something very interesting to me... he said breathing and water are the two most important things you need to remember. So many people overbreathe or brace and don't breathe enough, they are constantly in a state of stress because they are not breathing correctly. Then there's water... it's important to have tons of water for your mind, body and spirit. It's just so true. Two simple things... breathing and water, people take advantage of and ignore.
True . I have always said that I stay away from jogging because I just can't breathe properly for that. I get so stressed just because I do not know how to do it. In the end this does not relax me. It makes me go crazy .

Quote:
Yes, I had to try different kinds of Dove. All of them worked but the sensitive skin, dermatologist recommended, frag free one works best. Anna can only use Dove too. My Grandmother was the same way! What works for some doesn't work for others though.
Agree . We are all different. Dove does not work for me nor for my mom, but it definitely helped your family.

Quote:
He should know better. It makes me even more sick knowing he's a grown man. It's not like he's even in his early 20s. He definitely knows better. Shame on him.
He definitely should know better . It seems he does not.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeafAngelboy23 (View Post)
We had to put down our Pug Bodie today after the Vet found out he had advanced Lung Cancer. It was less than a month ago that we had to put down his brother Blackie due to poor health. We had both brothers with us from 2004 to this summer. I'm heartbroken that it had to happen very suddenly in a month!
. Ah this sucks so much. Sorry to read this. Quite understandable to be heartbroken given the circumstances.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Wow definitely busy! Why did you have to go twice to work?
I had a scheduled meeting so went for that. Then two hours later I found out I left a bunch of paperwork not just in my office but out in the open in the lab. I could have had someone take care of it but it would have bothered me all weekend.

Quote:
How do you test for this? I mean is it blood test or something else?
Several blood tests. You can also have a biopsy that will find it but usually blood tests are only needed. Of course eye tests will show significant dryness.

Quote:

Now that you mention it, I have read about Williams having it.
Apparently she stopped most of her symptoms by going Vegan and removing all sweets.

Quote:
Yeah .

True . I have always said that I stay away from jogging because I just can't breathe properly for that. I get so stressed just because I do not know how to do it. In the end this does not relax me. It makes me go crazy .

Quote:

Agree . We are all different. Dove does not work for me nor for my mom, but it definitely helped your family.

Quote:

He definitely should know better . It seems he does not.
I'd look at him with disgust if I had to be anywhere near him. I'm pretty good at covering up my true feelings when necessary but in this case I wouldn't care if he knew what I thought of him.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anna and her gang are touring Princeton today.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Deaf angel, so very sorry for your loss.
Quote:
Anna and her gang are touring Princeton today.
Lovely town and campus.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Deaf angel, so very sorry for your loss.

Lovely town and campus.
She was gushing. Anna loved finding out Michelle Obama graduated from there. She was sending so many pictures. They were having a blast on campus and around town.

She's having so much fun.

I'll be honest... they are enjoying NJ so much they're even putting off NYC! Hannah's family is everywhere so they're certainly being taken care of as well. They're going to NYC tomorrow and then another day or two Tuesday and/or Wednesday.

How's your family?
Old 07-23-2017, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It's like a ghost town on the board, lol.

Anna and gang are heading to NYC this morning. 7 AM to be exact.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:11 AM
Elite Fan

The road trip is officially started. We're in St. Louis right now, and by the end of today we'll be in Gary, IN.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Have fun, Alan!!!!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Anna/friends are in NYC.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I had a scheduled meeting so went for that. Then two hours later I found out I left a bunch of paperwork not just in my office but out in the open in the lab. I could have had someone take care of it but it would have bothered me all weekend.
Makes sense why you went back the second time .

Quote:
Several blood tests. You can also have a biopsy that will find it but usually blood tests are only needed. Of course eye tests will show significant dryness.
I see. Yeah my blood tests are generally OK excluding the thick blood .

Quote:
Apparently she stopped most of her symptoms by going Vegan and removing all sweets.
Interesting. Glad that she found a way to deal with this.

Quote:
I'd look at him with disgust if I had to be anywhere near him. I'm pretty good at covering up my true feelings when necessary but in this case I wouldn't care if he knew what I thought of him.
I understand you. It's kind of difficult to work with him because I do think about that. However I have no other choice. He is part of my team and works on my project so I have to interact with him.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Alan have fun!

Michelle how long Anna will be away?

Betty how is on the beach?
Old 07-23-2017, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Makes sense why you went back the second time .

I see. Yeah my blood tests are generally OK excluding the thick blood .

Interesting. Glad that she found a way to deal with this.

I understand you. It's kind of difficult to work with him because I do think about that. However I have no other choice. He is part of my team and works on my project so I have to interact with him.
There's specific tests for Sjogren's like ANA, RF, Sjogrens antibody something or another lol, sed rate, a few others. Next time you're getting a check up you could ask for some of those just to see. You probably don't have it but you never know.

Has to be tough directly working with him. It's easy to ignore him if you just worked in the same room with him and shared office space but working directly with him on your team is a different story. You're handling it perfectly though. You're letting him know when he says stupid things you don't appreciate it, it's not acceptable and that's all you can do.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Alan have fun!

Michelle how long Anna will be away?

Betty how is on the beach?
They are returning early Thursday morning.

They are presently having an absolute blast in NYC. I could write a novel sharing all of her comments, adventures and experiences but it would be too long and would even make my head explode.

They are just living it up, having so much fun in New York City. Let's just say I've received so many OMGs, I'm in heaven, this is magical, I never imagined how beautiful, comments and phrases from Anna.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
There's specific tests for Sjogren's like ANA, RF, Sjogrens antibody something or another lol, sed rate, a few others. Next time you're getting a check up you could ask for some of those just to see. You probably don't have it but you never know.
Yeah I might ask next time I have blood tests .

Quote:
Has to be tough directly working with him. It's easy to ignore him if you just worked in the same room with him and shared office space but working directly with him on your team is a different story. You're handling it perfectly though. You're letting him know when he says stupid things you don't appreciate it, it's not acceptable and that's all you can do.
It is tough because whenever once someone starts annoying you, you find more and more reasons to be annoyed . So now even if he doesn't cross any bounders I still find him annoying . Yeah the only thing I can do is to work with him and if he oversteps to tell him so.