Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2017, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Are you home yet? Hope you are resting!
No, still at work. I was in a meeting and then I was interviewing. Now I am waiting to be 5 pm and then I would leave the office.

Quote:
I'm off to the follow up with the oral surgeon to discuss the jaw symptoms.
Keep me posted on how it went!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yay!! You're there!
No, I wish. I'm not in South Dakota. I just meant her first game in general is today. However, I messed up the time! I thought it started at 8 AM for some insane reason. It doesn't. It starts at noon today.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
No, still at work. I was in a meeting and then I was interviewing. Now I am waiting to be 5 pm and then I would leave the office.
Not long now.

Quote:
Keep me posted on how it went!
Just got back from oral surgeon, explaining symptoms. He looked at wound, said it was healing just fine. I asked him if I'm out of the woods concerning dry socket and he paused and said technically no but things look great. I'm on day 4 so I think I'm technically out of the woods and surgeon's being conservative but who knows. I guess if you go by the book it's 3-5 days it happens. But usually the day before you get symptoms you lose the clot and my clot has not been lost. I should be okay but I guess a little more time to declare this 100%.

Anyway, told him about jaw symptoms and he examined jaw, pressed on things in my mouth and said jaw joint is moving properly, he doesn't see anything wrong with the movement of the joint. He deduced that the surgery has caused my jaw to spasm/muscles to tighten and that's what's causing my symptoms. I guess but it's just so weird. Even soup is causing pain in the jaw, underneath jaw near chin on side of extraction all the way up to the area right below the ear where it seems is the main problem here. Sometimes it even tingles. If I'm sitting here, zero pain. It's when I attempt to eat or talk enthusiastically. He said to stay on a soft diet until things settle down. I hope this doesn't linger too much.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I hope things keep going well for you. I am sorry that your GI has led to all these issues for you.

So, I just got back from this interview. I am not sure I got it because I think I was just too nervous.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I hope things keep going well for you. I am sorry that your GI has led to all these issues for you.

So, I just got back from this interview. I am not sure I got it because I think I was just too nervous.
Thanks.

Awe how did the interview go minus the nerves? Did they say they'd get back to you?
Old 06-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Thanks.

Awe how did the interview go minus the nerves? Did they say they'd get back to you?
They said they would get back to me if I made it to round 2. I felt like it went okay. I had the requisite education and qualifications. But, you never know with these things. I am just out of practice I think. Interviews are always tricky because you don't know what kind of personality they are looking for in addition to the qualifications.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
They said they would get back to me if I made it to round 2. I felt like it went okay. I had the requisite education and qualifications. But, you never know with these things. I am just out of practice I think. Interviews are always tricky because you don't know what kind of personality they are looking for in addition to the qualifications.
So true. They are definitely looking for something specific before you even enter the room. A lot of times it comes down to luck. Fingers crossed they give you a call back! Do you have any other interviews set up?
Old 06-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
So true. They are definitely looking for something specific before you even enter the room. A lot of times it comes down to luck. Fingers crossed they give you a call back! Do you have any other interviews set up?
No,but i have five postings I need to apply to tonight.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
No,but i have five postings I need to apply to tonight.
That's awesome. You'll find something.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Been up since 3 AM. I went to sleep around 11 so did sleep 4 hours.

My plans today consist of grocery shopping and taking Buddy to the groomers. I love not having a lot on my plate.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
What's everyone up to this weekend?
I just mentioned on OT2 that I am seeing the movie..The Mummies tomorrow.

How did the rest of the tournament go, Michelle?
Old 06-24-2017, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I just mentioned on OT2 that I am seeing the movie..The Mummies tomorrow.

How did the rest of the tournament go, Michelle?
Cool! When does Nadine come home?

They actually got a draw yesterday. They played a team from Indiana. They tied 3-3, Sara got one assist.

Right now they're playing a team from Michigan. Just started at 10 CT!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Not long now.
Yeah and I went to bed around 9:00 pm .
Quote:
Just got back from oral surgeon, explaining symptoms. He looked at wound, said it was healing just fine. I asked him if I'm out of the woods concerning dry socket and he paused and said technically no but things look great. I'm on day 4 so I think I'm technically out of the woods and surgeon's being conservative but who knows. I guess if you go by the book it's 3-5 days it happens. But usually the day before you get symptoms you lose the clot and my clot has not been lost. I should be okay but I guess a little more time to declare this 100%.
Yes, I bet that he was just being conservative and cautious and did not want to confirm it until he is really sure. How are you feeling now?

Quote:
Anyway, told him about jaw symptoms and he examined jaw, pressed on things in my mouth and said jaw joint is moving properly, he doesn't see anything wrong with the movement of the joint. He deduced that the surgery has caused my jaw to spasm/muscles to tighten and that's what's causing my symptoms. I guess but it's just so weird. Even soup is causing pain in the jaw, underneath jaw near chin on side of extraction all the way up to the area right below the ear where it seems is the main problem here. Sometimes it even tingles. If I'm sitting here, zero pain. It's when I attempt to eat or talk enthusiastically. He said to stay on a soft diet until things settle down. I hope this doesn't linger too much.
I hope that it does not continue for long .

Shu fingers crossed that you get called for second time. True that they do have in mind certain personality. It's definitely normal to feel a little bit rusty as you have not been recently to interviews. It takes some time to get used to it.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Cool! When does Nadine come home?

!
She arrives July 1st.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Yeah and I went to bed around 9:00 pm .
Figured.

How do you feel today?

Quote:
Yes, I bet that he was just being conservative and cautious and did not want to confirm it until he is really sure. How are you feeling now?
Okay. Joint and muscles still ache and hurt a bit. The clot still exists but man, it's getting smaller and whiter, lol. The white is good. I even think the shrinking is good too, it means it's healing. What you don't want is a complete hole without any granulation tissue and/or clot because then you can get bones and nerves exposed aka dry socket. I think I'm out of the woods FOR sure by Monday, most probably tomorrow, but generally I'm probably there now.

Quote:
I hope that it does not continue for long .
Thanks. See above. It seems like it's getting better every day.

What sucks is I STILL have two more teeth to fix. By fix though, I mean crowns. Have to get that done in July with new insurance. The wisdom teeth the one dentist claims I need out I believe are okay. The one is easy to clean, the other looked like it was pushing on the other tooth but when this bad tooth was diagnosed a couple weeks ago according to the other dentist the wisdom tooth was coming in fine so hopefully I don't have to do anything with that situation. So basically two crowns only and I can forget about my freaken teeth, lol. The one I had out though was a worry. It's had symptoms, if I'm honest, for about 3/3 1/2 years. Not kidding. I am glad the sucker is out.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread