Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2017, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Michelle how are you feeling now? Did you manage to stop the headache?

Also what happened with Sara's project? Was she supposed to show it today or I remember it wrong?

A co-worker today told me that he expected me to feel worse given the circumstances. I guess I either do not show that much or I just kind of accept it and try to move forward.
Headache is gone, or that temple sharp pain. I am back to my regular aches and pains now.

Sara is doing her project/presentation right as I type this.

Eh, I don't like when people randomly tell you how you should feel. Does he expect you to break down right in the office crying uncontrollably? Come on, dude. Don't let those comments affect you. Everyone has their own process.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Headache is gone, or that temple sharp pain. I am back to my regular aches and pains now.
That's good!

Quote:
Sara is doing her project/presentation right as I type this.
Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Eh, I don't like when people randomly tell you how you should feel. Does he expect you to break down right in the office crying uncontrollably? Come on, dude. Don't let those comments affect you. Everyone has their own process.
True . We all process things differently and not all of us want to show our emotions in front of everyone. Especially at work .
Old 05-31-2017, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's good!

Fingers crossed!

True . We all process things differently and not all of us want to show our emotions in front of everyone. Especially at work .
I would have told him to shut his mouth.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would have told him to shut his mouth.
. I guess I did not expect such comment so I basically only explained that it had happened to me before so I have experience when it comes to mourning. But you are right, I should not have explained myself. It's my right and in any case I know the best how I feel.

So are you working from home today or you are in the university?
Old 05-31-2017, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
. I guess I did not expect such comment so I basically only explained that it had happened to me before so I have experience when it comes to mourning. But you are right, I should not have explained myself. It's my right and in any case I know the best how I feel.

So are you working from home today or you are in the university?
Exactly. You don't have to explain yourself. The armchair psychologist thing is so insensitive and people don't realize it. He might have been trying to give you a compliment like "Wow, you are strong, you are keeping it together when it would be normal for you to fall apart" but it still comes across as judging, questioning and being intrusive.

I am working from home today. I wasn't going to, but our hot water is gone. No clue how that happened so Service Plus is coming within the next four hours (they give a block of time, calling before they arrive so it will be between noon - 4) to fix it.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Exactly. You don't have to explain yourself. The armchair psychologist thing is so insensitive and people don't realize it. He might have been trying to give you a compliment like "Wow, you are strong, you are keeping it together when it would be normal for you to fall apart" but it still comes across as judging, questioning and being intrusive.
True . Though I am a bit weird and when I talk about my feelings I analyze them as an outside observer. I do get why people would find it weird, but still it is a bit intrusive .

Quote:
I am working from home today. I wasn't going to, but our hot water is gone. No clue how that happened so Service Plus is coming within the next four hours (they give a block of time, calling before they arrive so it will be between noon - 4) to fix it.
Ah sucks about your hot water. I hope that it gets fixed today.

So I actually sprained yet again my right foot ankle so now I am walking a little bit slow. It's nothing serious. There is no pain or anything like that. I just feel general weakness which is why I have to rely on my left foot for the heavy part when it comes to walking and especially stairs.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
True . Though I am a bit weird and when I talk about my feelings I analyze them as an outside observer. I do get why people would find it weird, but still it is a bit intrusive .
At work I am completely closed off. I can't stand mixing work with personal life and I work with a bunch of fellow psychologists. I am just really closed off about stuff.

Quote:
Ah sucks about your hot water. I hope that it gets fixed today.

So I actually sprained yet again my right foot ankle so now I am walking a little bit slow. It's nothing serious. There is no pain or anything like that. I just feel general weakness which is why I have to rely on my left foot for the heavy part when it comes to walking and especially stairs.
I just wish they would call soon. I hate being left hanging and prefer set times. I understand the process, the four hour block is necessary because other service calls can take longer or shorter than expected... I still hate the process, lol.

Ah that sucks! Do you know how you sprained it? I bet you just have a really unstable foot/ankle to begin with so a tweak here and there will affect it. That sucks!
Old 05-31-2017, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
At work I am completely closed off. I can't stand mixing work with personal life and I work with a bunch of fellow psychologists. I am just really closed off about stuff.
I used to be really closed off, but one of the lessons for my soul in this life is to actually open up to people and I am definitely getting better at this. Now I would never be hysterical or sharing details with everyone, but I am better in communicating with people and expressing feelings in a balanced way. This has really been something I have been working on the last 6-7 years in my life.
Quote:
I just wish they would call soon. I hate being left hanging and prefer set times. I understand the process, the four hour block is necessary because other service calls can take longer or shorter than expected... I still hate the process, lol.
Makes sense . I would feel the same way. I hope that they come soon.

Quote:
Ah that sucks! Do you know how you sprained it? I bet you just have a really unstable foot/ankle to begin with so a tweak here and there will affect it. That sucks!
Yeah most probably I weakened the ankle with the first sprain. It was actually the worst. I was meeting with a friend and I managed to sprain it. I was with boots so I only felt slight discomfort and basically walked with her for like hours. But the moment I got home and stayed in the bed for like 5 minutes I realized that I could not rely on that foot at all. It could not take my weight at all. For a week I could not walk properly with it. I did not go to a doctor because it didn't bruise and there was almost no swelling. After a month I sprained it again. There was no bruising, but I basically saw it getting swollen with my own eyes for like seconds. And then I sprained on Monday for the third time. So I do think that it's weak ankle now and it does not require much to do it. What sucks is that it's the right one and this is my dominant foot.

I ordered some ankle supports because I think that I need to use them a bit at least in the beginning to prevent additional injuries.

As for this one I bought this sport Adidas wedges and I was with them on Monday when we went to the cemetery. So while walking my ankle rolled inward and I did not feel it for 15/20 seconds at all. At that moment I knew that I managed to sprain it.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Service Plus just called, they are on their way. This should be an adventure with Buddy. He doesn't growl or get mad strangers are in the house but he's on high alert in a happy way.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I used to be really closed off, but one of the lessons for my soul in this life is to actually open up to people and I am definitely getting better at this. Now I would never be hysterical or sharing details with everyone, but I am better in communicating with people and expressing feelings in a balanced way. This has really been something I have been working on the last 6-7 years in my life.
That's really good.

I open up to family and some very close friends. I just can't with co-workers unless I consider them a close friend. I only consider one co-worker a super close friend I could confide in. I like to consider work my peaceful place without emotions if that makes sense.

Quote:
Makes sense . I would feel the same way. I hope that they come soon.
Not here yet but already want him to leave.

Quote:
Yeah most probably I weakened the ankle with the first sprain. It was actually the worst. I was meeting with a friend and I managed to sprain it. I was with boots so I only felt slight discomfort and basically walked with her for like hours. But the moment I got home and stayed in the bed for like 5 minutes I realized that I could not rely on that foot at all. It could not take my weight at all. For a week I could not walk properly with it. I did not go to a doctor because it didn't bruise and there was almost no swelling. After a month I sprained it again. There was no bruising, but I basically saw it getting swollen with my own eyes for like seconds. And then I sprained on Monday for the third time. So I do think that it's weak ankle now and it does not require much to do it. What sucks is that it's the right one and this is my dominant foot.

I ordered some ankle supports because I think that I need to use them a bit at least in the beginning to prevent additional injuries.

As for this one I bought this sport Adidas wedges and I was with them on Monday when we went to the cemetery. So while walking my ankle rolled inward and I did not feel it for 15/20 seconds at all. At that moment I knew that I managed to sprain it.
Yeah. Have you ever had any imaging on it?
Old 05-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Service Plus just called, they are on their way. This should be an adventure with Buddy. He doesn't growl or get mad strangers are in the house but he's on high alert in a happy way.
That's good! Soon it will be fixed!

Btw we need to think about new thread title!
Old 05-31-2017, 11:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's really good.

I open up to family and some very close friends. I just can't with co-workers unless I consider them a close friend. I only consider one co-worker a super close friend I could confide in. I like to consider work my peaceful place without emotions if that makes sense.
Makes sense . As a kid I used to be so closed off that I did not even confide in my parents. And I did not have any close friends growing up so basically I kept all of my emotions to myself and bottled them up to the point where I could explode. It was not a good practice.

Now I do talk to people if I consider them close, but I do not exactly get emotional. So I say "my grandmother died" and someone would say something like "My condolences" and I would say "Thanks" and that's it. So basically in a way we want the same. We do not want the emotions to get mixed with work. We just do it differently sometimes. I just separate my emotions when I talk to people and I do not get into details of how I feel.

Quote:
Not here yet but already want him to leave.

Quote:
Yeah. Have you ever had any imaging on it?
No because I did not think that it's serious as there was no bruising or significant swelling. So I considered it grade I sprain and that one is not that serious.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's good! Soon it will be fixed!

Btw we need to think about new thread title!
Thanks! I ran an errand the second he left.

He claims it was the pilot and to give it 2/3 hours and hot water will be fine at that point. We will see, I hope so!

ETA: Yes new thread time! Title... hmm.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Makes sense . As a kid I used to be so closed off that I did not even confide in my parents. And I did not have any close friends growing up so basically I kept all of my emotions to myself and bottled them up to the point where I could explode. It was not a good practice.

Now I do talk to people if I consider them close, but I do not exactly get emotional. So I say "my grandmother died" and someone would say something like "My condolences" and I would say "Thanks" and that's it. So basically in a way we want the same. We do not want the emotions to get mixed with work. We just do it differently sometimes. I just separate my emotions when I talk to people and I do not get into details of how I feel.
That makes sense and it's actually good evolution for you.

As a kid I wore my heart on my sleeve with my mom and dad, especially my mom, maternal Grandparents too. I'm still more reserved with even close friends. As you know I have a close bunch of childhood friends and I still am not the hugging type with them, not all that much. I might put my arm around them but even to naturally hug just isn't me. They know it and respect it. However, they don't hesitate to hug me. If they initiate I am fine, it's more about initiating for me.

Quote:

No because I did not think that it's serious as there was no bruising or significant swelling. So I considered it grade I sprain and that one is not that serious.
Got it!
Old 05-31-2017, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

New thread