Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Congrats to Jerry, our Administrator and Friend!

20 Years today Jerry signed up at !

Join me in congratulating him on these wonderful 20 years.

Here’s our Administrator (thank you for everything you do!), regular poster on our Board and my close friend.

Congratulations and thanks so much, Jerry!

Last edited by jediwands; 01-18-2019 at 01:12 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:07 PM
Administrator

Aww, thanks Michelle!

I really appreciate it! That made my day!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Wow. Congrats man! Looks like I'm just a few months behind you.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, Jerry!!! 20 years!! That is real commitment to a really tough job!! Thanks for all you do on and for this board!! I want you to know how appreciated you are!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Thanks so much Alan and Betty!

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-18-2019, 05:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Was it Dawson's Creek or Roswell that allowed you to find , Jerry? Do you remember the process of how you found and what made you decide to sign up here 20 years ago?
Old 01-18-2019, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

Was it Dawson's Creek or Roswell that allowed you to find , Jerry? Do you remember the process of how you found and what made you decide to sign up here 20 years ago?
It was Dawson's Creek. The Dawson's Creek board was the first board that we had here. The Roswell Board came later, in September of 1999 when the show first aired. Originally, I had joined a Katie Holmes website that had a message board there, but most of the members were college kids who just wanted to talk about how "hot" Katie Holmes was, so I didn't fit in. One day, in January 1999, someone posted a link to the Dawson's Creek Board at Fan Forum, saying "They're so lame over there. All they want to do is talk about Dawson's Creek!" and I thought "That sounds like the place for me!" and so I clicked on the link and I liked what I saw (back then, there were more members who were older and who liked to have in-depth conversations like I do) and I signed up.

At the time, Fan Forum used to host websites, and it hosted a Dawson's Creek Website called called Dawson’s Creek Headlines, because at the time, Dawson’s Creek was an incredibly popular show, and it was in the right place at the right time, because Dawson’s Creek got started just as a lot of people were discovering the Internet, and it was one of the first television shows that used the Internet as a marketing tool, and we were able to tap into that. Before the Internet came along, people really didn’t have a place to discuss their favorite television shows, actors, or movies, and Fan Forum was unique in the fact that we gave everyone a place to come together and talk about entertainment related topics with other fans who shared the same passion for those topics.

When Fan Forum started out we only had a few hundred members and we used to have a chat room, so some of us really got to know each other well, and I got to know Goldenboy, and when he started adding more websites and boards, he asked me to moderate the Felicity board when he added it, and later that year (1999) he asked me to moderate the Dawson's Creek board.

I later moderated this board along with the Dawson's Creek board, and I later became a Moderator Manager, (the position was called Senior Staff then) but then when the Media Blvd. Split happened in 2003 and all of the Administrators left, Goldenboy asked me to be the Site Administrator, and I started running this website in November of 2003.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It was Dawson's Creek. The Dawson's Creek board was the first board that we had here. The Roswell Board came later, in September of 1999 when the show first aired. Originally, I had joined a Katie Holmes website that had a message board there, but most of the members were college kids who just wanted to talk about how "hot" Katie Holmes was, so I didn't fit in. One day, in January 1999, someone posted a link to the Dawson's Creek Board at Fan Forum, saying "They're so lame over there. All they want to do is talk about Dawson's Creek!" and I thought "That sounds like the place for me!" and so I clicked on the link and I liked what I saw (back then, there were more members who were older and who liked to have in-depth conversations like I do) and I signed up.

At the time, Fan Forum used to host websites, and it hosted a Dawson's Creek Website called called Dawson’s Creek Headlines, because at the time, Dawson’s Creek was an incredibly popular show, and it was in the right place at the right time, because Dawson’s Creek got started just as a lot of people were discovering the Internet, and it was one of the first television shows that used the Internet as a marketing tool, and we were able to tap into that. Before the Internet came along, people really didn’t have a place to discuss their favorite television shows, actors, or movies, and Fan Forum was unique in the fact that we gave everyone a place to come together and talk about entertainment related topics with other fans who shared the same passion for those topics.

When Fan Forum started out we only had a few hundred members and we used to have a chat room, so some of us really got to know each other well, and I got to know Goldenboy, and when he started adding more websites and boards, he asked me to moderate the Felicity board when he added it, and later that year (1999) he asked me to moderate the Dawson's Creek board.

I later moderated this board along with the Dawson's Creek board, and I later became a Moderator Manager, (the position was called Senior Staff then) but then when the Media Blvd. Split happened in 2003 and all of the Administrators left, Goldenboy asked me to be the Site Administrator, and I started running this website in November of 2003.
Fascinating.

The person that provided the link for you to see deserves a reward.

When did Dawson’s Creek Headlines shut down?
Old 01-18-2019, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Fascinating.

The person that provided the link for you to see deserves a reward.
I don't remember who provided the link! He was one of the college kids who just wanted to talk about how "hot" Katie Holmes was!

Quote:
When did Dawson’s Creek Headlines shut down?
When the Media Blvd. split happened in August of 2003, the Administrators took all the websites that we hosted (which was fine with Leif because he didn't want to host websites anymore) so that was one of the websites that they took (by then the website name changed from Dawson's Creek Headlines to Dawson's Creek Daily) but Media Blvd doesn't exist anymore and I assume all those websites no longer exist. Originally the old Administrators weren't going to have message boards at Media Blvd. but then they did and they hacked us and did a lot of dirty tricks to try and bring us down, but we're still here and they're gone.

Old 01-18-2019, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I don't remember who provided the link! He was one of the college kids who just wanted to talk about how "hot" Katie Holmes was!

Quote:
When the Media Blvd. split happened in August of 2003, the Administrators took all the websites that we hosted (which was fine with Leif because he didn't want to host websites anymore) so that was one of the websites that they took (by then the website name changed from Dawson's Creek Headlines to Dawson's Creek Daily) but Media Blvd doesn't exist anymore and I assume all those websites no longer exist. Originally the old Administrators weren't going to have message boards at Media Blvd. but then they did and they hacked us and did a lot of dirty tricks to try and bring us down, but we're still here and they're gone.
Wow.

Lack of traffic shut down Media Blvd?

Has ever had direct interaction with Fanbolt?
Old 01-18-2019, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Wow.

Lack of traffic shut down Media Blvd?
Yes, I believe so. They tried to do different things like some kind of on-line magazine, but ultimately they folded. They had wanted to destroy us, but we're still here and they're not.

Quote:
Has ever had direct interaction with Fanbolt?
Not really, as they were competitors of ours in a way. I remember that my original Everwood board co-moderator, Fraz, left here and went over there, but I never posted over there. My heart has always been here.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Congrats on the milestone
Old 01-19-2019, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, I believe so. They tried to do different things like some kind of on-line magazine, but ultimately they folded. They had wanted to destroy us, but we're still here and they're not.
Not cool they tried to play dirty.

I actually found that site before I found . I never posted over there, just lurked some. When I found I never looked at that site again.

Quote:
Not really, as they were competitors of ours in a way. I remember that my original Everwood board co-moderator, Fraz, left here and went over there, but I never posted over there. My heart has always been here.
I remember that. Fraz was great at giving Ephram/Amy (even Emily/Greg) and Everwood scoop, lol. The only thread/area of Fanbolt I looked at and very rarely posted on was the Everwood Spoilers Section. What I mean by posting, I would thank them for the spoilers and then lurk. I never got involved in arguments or debates over the spoilers. To be honest, there were some idiots over there (arrogant attitudes, even the one actually typing out the Everwood transcripts) but I put up with it in order to get the spoiler information. The one who posted the transcripts was an Ephram lover but supported Ephram/Amy (although if there was anything between them, she always, always took Ephram's side over Amy even though she liked Amy too). She was also critical of Andy for his every move. Another poster over there that seemed to have tons of knowledge ahead of time was a Bright first lover. Everything was Bright. Several EA fans and even one diehard EM fan. Literally, a couple of them came up with Everwood actual scripts, sort of like how we received them for Dawson's Creek. I remember finding out that Hannah was originally meant to be a single white female character obsessed with Amy. I read the initial description and couldn't believe my eyes. Very shortly after that, a new character description came in and it described the real Hannah we received instead. We received all the information on Madisongate ahead of time. We knew precisely when all hell was breaking loose, the Madison band lie, the Ephram/Amy break up, Ephram going to Europe, etc. I remember finding out Ephram was going to Europe but not long after that we found out he would return wanting to mend his relationships with both Andy and Amy.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-19-2019 at 02:06 AM
Old 01-19-2019, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Not cool they tried to play dirty.

I actually found that site before I found . I never posted over there, just lurked some. When I found I never looked at that site again.
Yes, some of the former Administrators who went over there ended up being really vindictive and evil. I think some of them are in the Trump Administration now!

Quote:
I remember that. Fraz was great at giving Ephram/Amy (even Emily/Greg) and Everwood scoop, lol. The only thread/area of Fanbolt I looked at and very rarely posted on was the Everwood Spoilers Section. What I mean by posting, I would thank them for the spoilers and then lurk. I never got involved in arguments or debates over the spoilers. To be honest, there were some idiots over there (arrogant attitudes, even the one actually typing out the Everwood transcripts) but I put up with it in order to get the spoiler information. The one who posted the transcripts was an Ephram lover but supported Ephram/Amy (although if there was anything between them, she always, always took Ephram's side over Amy even though she liked Amy too). She was also critical of Andy for his every move. Another poster over there that seemed to have tons of knowledge ahead of time was a Bright first lover. Everything was Bright. Several EA fans and even one diehard EM fan. Literally, a couple of them came up with Everwood actual scripts, sort of like how we received them for Dawson's Creek. I remember finding out that Hannah was originally meant to be a single white female character obsessed with Amy. I read the initial description and couldn't believe my eyes. Very shortly after that, a new character description came in and it described the real Hannah we received instead. We received all the information on Madisongate ahead of time. We knew precisely when all hell was breaking loose, the Madison band lie, the Ephram/Amy break up, Ephram going to Europe, etc. I remember finding out Ephram was going to Europe but not long after that we found out he would return wanting to mend his relationships with both Andy and Amy.
I guess that I should have lurked there more to get their spoilers, but it doesn't sound like it would have been the place for me. I never understood why Fraz left us, but I think that maybe the old saying "the grass is greener" applied, but just like the Media Blvd. boards the Fanbolt boards don't even exist anymore while we're still here.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yes, some of the former Administrators who went over there ended up being really vindictive and evil. I think some of them are in the Trump Administration now!

Quote:
I guess that I should have lurked there more to get their spoilers, but it doesn't sound like it would have been the place for me. I never understood why Fraz left us, but I think that maybe the old saying "the grass is greener" applied, but just like the Media Blvd. boards the Fanbolt boards don't even exist anymore while we're still here.
Which says it all.

Yes, FB Everwood Spoilers definitely helped get through Madisongate, but it was tense (with too many arrogant personalities) and not a place I felt the need to become a regular. In fact, once Madisongate passed and I knew EA were reuniting I didn’t check back until one last time... getting an idea that the series finale would be satisfying. Then I was out.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-20-2019 at 02:40 AM
Reply   Post New Thread