Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2017, 03:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Thanks for bumping!
No problem!

Quote:
Anna and I are heading to two stores this morning... one of them is a pet store... we’re going to get Buddy and Hershey some toys... wrap them up so they have a blast tonight opening them up. We’re all going to make Halupki together too around early afternoon. We have reservations tonight in downtown Minneapolis at the same place we went last year. We’re continuing the same tradition for the past couple years of going out for Christmas Eve dinner. Then we’ll go back to my sisters and open presents. Tomorrow will be very relaxing... eating Halupki and Pierogi. Looking forward to the classic A Christmas Story marathon that runs 24 hours starting tonight! Also, since Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday we have a boatload of NFL games today/tonight too.
Sounds like a great plan! What are the NFL games you are more interested about?

Quote:
What about you?
We are following the same tradition too . We will have family dinner at my grandmother's place. As far as dish goes I will eat stuffed peppers with brown rice. It's what I eat the last few years on Christmas Eve. I have no specific gifts for my parents, but we will most probably go shopping on 26th or 27th and we will get something. My parents have no gift for me either. We are pragmatic family .
Old 12-24-2017, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
No problem!

Quote:
Sounds like a great plan! What are the NFL games you are more interested about?
All of them.

The Minnesota Vikings played last night and won and that was my biggest game emotionally I care about. Cleveland Browns, I want them to lose (losing means keeping that #1 draft position) and that shouldn't be an issue. Pittsburgh should take care of business too even without their #1 receiver not only on their team but in the NFL. So those are the three teams I care about. But I love this league so much I just watch in general for the love of the game.

Quote:
We are following the same tradition too . We will have family dinner at my grandmother's place. As far as dish goes I will eat stuffed peppers with brown rice. It's what I eat the last few years on Christmas Eve. I have no specific gifts for my parents, but we will most probably go shopping on 26th or 27th and we will get something. My parents have no gift for me either. We are pragmatic family .
That's awesome. I am sure you are in the process of celebrating now. Hope you're having fun!
Old 12-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
All of them.

Quote:
The Minnesota Vikings played last night and won and that was my biggest game emotionally I care about. Cleveland Browns, I want them to lose (losing means keeping that #1 draft position) and that shouldn't be an issue. Pittsburgh should take care of business too even without their #1 receiver not only on their team but in the NFL. So those are the three teams I care about. But I love this league so much I just watch in general for the love of the game.
This sounds great. Congrats for the Minnesota Vikings win!

Quote:
That's awesome. I am sure you are in the process of celebrating now. Hope you're having fun!
Thanks! We had fun!
Old 12-24-2017, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^ Thanks and glad you had fun!
Old 12-24-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It's lightly snowing here tonight. It's so beautiful. We already have our grass white from past snow over the last few weeks but so great seeing it snow tonight on Christmas Eve. It's so beautiful and only fitting.
Old 12-24-2017, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I'm sitting on my sister's couch, drinking hot chocolate that my nieces' Elf on the Shelf brought me. I'm spending the night on said couch because the only way that CPS would let my nieces spend Christmas eve with their mother is if an approved guardian stayed as well...so here I am. It's not the relaxing Christmas break I would've liked, but it's what is needed this year.

I hope everyone has a good holiday. Don't take for granted the happy family interactions that you will hopefully have, because that might not always be the case.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Merry Christmas everyone! Everyone who posts on this board is special to me and I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate it.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-24-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Merry Christmas, Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow (View Post)
Well, I'm sitting on my sister's couch, drinking hot chocolate that my nieces' Elf on the Shelf brought me. I'm spending the night on said couch because the only way that CPS would let my nieces spend Christmas eve with their mother is if an approved guardian stayed as well...so here I am. It's not the relaxing Christmas break I would've liked, but it's what is needed this year.
You should win the best uncle on the planet award and you're a damn good brother too.

Quote:
I hope everyone has a good holiday. Don't take for granted the happy family interactions that you will hopefully have, because that might not always be the case.
I hear you. In my case, it's still about my mom's passing. We all carry heavy hearts during the holidays, especially Christmas Eve. This is the most difficult holiday by far. I know you feel the same concerning your dad along with your family situation in general too. I guess there's safety in numbers. We can share the sadness together.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

Merry Christmas guys! All the best!

Alan you are a great uncle and brother!

Michelle how did the NFL games go?
Old 12-25-2017, 04:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for bumping, Koni!

Quote:
Thanks for bumping!

Anna and I are heading to two stores this morning... one of them is a pet store... we’re going to get Buddy and Hershey some toys... wrap them up so they have a blast tonight opening them up. We’re all going to make Halupki together too around early afternoon. We have reservations tonight in downtown Minneapolis at the same place we went last year. We’re continuing the same tradition for the past couple years of going out for Christmas Eve dinner. Then we’ll go back to my sisters and open presents. Tomorrow will be very relaxing... eating Halupki and Pierogi. Looking forward to the classic A Christmas Story marathon that runs 24 hours starting tonight! Also, since Christmas Eve falls on a Sunday we have a boatload of NFL games today/tonight too.

What about you?
Sounds like great plans, Michelle..unless you’re a Giants fan. Then you’re Christmas Eve would have been ruined a little. Lol
He
I am in PA like last year. We also went out to dinner last night and will have a nice dinner at Joe’s house with family.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Alan you are a great uncle and brother!
I agree with this, Alan!

Thanks, Jerry! The very same to you!
Old 12-25-2017, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

Michelle how did the NFL games go?
They were fun to watch. There were so many games and many had huge playoff implications. There's a couple on today too, along with endless NBA games I am also looking forward to.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)

Sounds like great plans, Michelle..unless you’re a Giants fan. Then you’re Christmas Eve would have been ruined a little. Lol
He
I am in PA like last year. We also went out to dinner last night and will have a nice dinner at Joe’s house with family.
Well, the Giants are going to get a great pick in the draft. That is the good news. What does Joe think about the QB situation?

Continue having fun with family!
Old 12-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Betty glad that you have fun!

Quote:
They were fun to watch. There were so many games and many had huge playoff implications. There's a couple on today too, along with endless NBA games I am also looking forward to.
This sounds great! Did you watch the games alone or with your family?
Old 12-25-2017, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

This sounds great! Did you watch the games alone or with your family?
With family.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread