Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A little humor....

Old 12-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

That's funny .

Sounds like a good plan Betty! Will you bring something for Christmas Eve?
Old 12-21-2016, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
She's in Manhattan right now with her brother Chris. We are going to PA on Christmas Eve to spend the Holiday with her other brother, Joe and family.
I asked on OT what you guys were up to. Received my answer here, lol.

Gorgeous NYC pictures. I especially love the golden lights... seems really angelic and peaceful.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
That's funny .

Sounds like a good plan Betty! Will you bring something for Christmas Eve?
We don't do a huge dinner Christmas Eve. Big dinner is on Christmas Day.
We plan to take the girls out so that Joe and Becky can get everything ready...finish wrapping...etc.
We're going to take the girls for manicures, perhaps a movie, and some dinner.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:15 AM
Elite Fan

Old 12-23-2016, 10:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Here is a list of my Christmas answers. Since I barely have Christmas memories, I decided to focus on what I can answer. I'd like to apologize for that first.

1. Name one (or more) special gift you remember getting, and what made it special.
I got a ivory-colored winter coat as a Christmas gift when I was seven. It had coffee-colored nordic pattern across the coat. Though gone long ago, it was special for me since the coat was the first and only Christmas gift I've ever received.

2. Name your favorite holiday tradition.
I like people making Christmas wreaths and hanging them on the door. It looks like every wreath represents the ways each of the people celebrate the holiday.

3. Who all will you be celebrating with this year?
I'll be celebrating this Christmas with my family members.

4. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa Claus?
When I was eight. I've got no more gifts since then. It was enough for me to break believing in Santa Claus, haha.

6. Which Everwood character would you most want to get a gift for and why?
Mr. and Mrs. Abbott. They looked so stressed out particularly on the second season that I wanted to help them escape from the chaos even for a while.

7. What gift would you get for that character?
Free acupuncture tickets for them. I hope Harold doesn't mind.

8. Who would be the character you would most want to receive a gift from?
I'd be super glad if I could receive a CD containing Ephram's piano tracks for a gift from him.

9. What is your favourite Christmas meal?
I like dining out with my family members or eating delivery food because it's not that easy to have particular Christmas meals here. The kinds of meals vary. We eat fried chicken, Korean cuisine including galbi (marinated pork), and so on that day.

11. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
"Love Actually" is my favorite Christmas movie recently. I didn't like the film at first even though I never actually watched it at that time. Probably I didn't feel comfortable about the song "Love Is All We Need" and the film's sketchbook proposal scene since both were played and parodied a million times then. Lately I had a chance to watch the movie through television, and realized why people still recommend it whenever Christmas comes.

Last edited by jemappellealvin; 12-23-2016 at 10:20 AM
Old 12-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I hate it, too! I'm not ready for winter!

BTW...if you check the opening post of this thread there are some questions that you might like to answer...some are Everwood related.
Thank you. I've just checked the questions and answered some (not all) of them. I hope my answers don't sound that dry, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Haha! How cold is it predicted to be tomorrow? It's all relative. Cold to you is different because of what you typically get for temperatures. It's the same as summer and humidity. I complain about the humidity we get in Minnesota and Ohio but I'm sure it's not even close to the humidity that Alan gets in Oklahoma.

Thanks for getting this thread active again, Betty! So cute that you keep using Peanuts. I love that gif!

jemappellealvin, happy to see you here!
Thank you, Michelle! Happy to join here and sorry to see this too late. Also, I'd like to apologize for replying to you belatedly in the Thanksgiving thread.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The same to you and your family, Alan!

Quote:
1. Name one (or more) special gift you remember getting, and what made it special.
I got a ivory-colored winter coat as a Christmas gift when I was seven. It had coffee-colored nordic pattern across the coat. Though gone long ago, it was special for me since the coat was the first and only Christmas gift I've ever received.
The only Christmas gift you have ever received?

Quote:
2. Name your favorite holiday tradition.
I like people making Christmas wreaths and hanging them on the door. It looks like every wreath represents the ways each of the people celebrate the holiday.
Wreaths are nice. I have one on my door that is all lit up.
Quote:
3. Who all will you be celebrating with this year?
I'll be celebrating this Christmas with my family members.
Do you have siblings?

Quote:
4. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa Claus?
When I was eight. I've got no more gifts since then. It was enough for me to break believing in Santa Claus, haha.
You should have pretended to still believe! lol

Quote:
B]7. What gift would you get for that character?[/B]
Free acupuncture tickets for them. I hope Harold doesn't mind.
Oh...He'll mind!

Quote:
8. Who would be the character you would most want to receive a gift from?
I'd be super glad if I could receive a CD containing Ephram's piano tracks for a gift from him.
Me, too!! That would be wonderful. I'd even like a mixed CD like he made for Amy.

Quote:
11. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
"Love Actually" is my favorite Christmas movie recently. I didn't like the film at first even though I never actually watched it at that time. Probably I didn't feel comfortable about the song "Love Is All We Need" and the film's sketchbook proposal scene since both were played and parodied a million times then. Lately I had a chance to watch the movie through television, and realized why people still recommend it whenever Christmas comes.
Love this movie! Everytime I hear Mariah Carey's All I want for Christmas is You and Beach Boys' God Only Knows I think of this film.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My Wreath....

Old 12-23-2016, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
We don't do a huge dinner Christmas Eve. Big dinner is on Christmas Day.
Interesting . For us it's the other way around. The big family dinner is on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day it's just me, my mom and my dod.

Quote:
We plan to take the girls out so that Joe and Becky can get everything ready...finish wrapping...etc.
We're going to take the girls for manicures, perhaps a movie, and some dinner.
Sounds like a great plan!
Old 12-24-2016, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Interesting . For us it's the other way around. The big family dinner is on Christmas Eve and on Christmas day it's just me, my mom and my dod.
Most people do make a special meal on Christmas Eve. It's just that my family never did. It is nice to dress up and celebrate Christmas Eve.

Quote:
Sounds like a great plan!
Right now I am waiting for Nadine to return from NYC so that we can leave for Joe's house in PA. It's raining right now...thank God it's not snow.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Most people do make a special meal on Christmas Eve. It's just that my family never did. It is nice to dress up and celebrate Christmas Eve.
Ah I see . For us it's total tradition. We end up in my grandmother's house and have all of us animal products free dinner together.

Quote:
Right now I am waiting for Nadine to return from NYC so that we can leave for Joe's house in PA. It's raining right now...thank God it's not snow.
Indeed. Great that there is snow. Here it is to hope that the raining will stop. What presents did you buy for Lana and Mia?
Old 12-24-2016, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ah I see .

Indeed. Great that there is snow. Here it is to hope that the raining will stop. What presents did you buy for Lana and Mia?
I was very practical this year with them. They have tooooooooooooooooooo many toys!
I bought them clothing, pajamas, books, thermoses (for their lunch box), CDs, money. I did throw in a couple of new Barbie Dolls. You can't have enough Barbie Dolls!
Old 12-24-2016, 06:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone is doing okay
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I was very practical this year with them. They have tooooooooooooooooooo many toys!
I bought them clothing, pajamas, books, thermoses (for their lunch box), CDs, money. I did throw in a couple of new Barbie Dolls. You can't have enough Barbie Dolls!
Sounds good! What kind of Barbie dolls did you get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone is doing okay
Merry Christmas to you too! What are your plans for the holidays?