Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2015, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Yes, and I actually liked Brooke post season 4. That's true... Blair sucked throughout most of the series and didn't really improve. Brooke got much better during the second half of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Can he please make another network show? Please. We need more writers like that in TV, that get fans still want normal, heartfelt stories. Not just supernatural vampires and comic heroes. Not that those shows don't have their place but what happened to shows about life? I feel sorry for teenagers now a days, I mean who in here didn't have a TV show, i.e. Dawson's Creek, 7th Heaven, Felicity, One Tree Hill, Everwood, etc., that they watched growing up and used almost as therapy or took role models from. All the things that were so hard to talk about or think about - you could see play out on screen. It's sad really, that there just don't seem to be shows like that anymore. RIP the WB.
AGREED.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I just think his comments are ironic because of how much drama he put his main couples through.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I know! I think he must mean what he has learned.

I will forever love the guy for Leyton and Naley. There was dramatic BS in between but he never wavered from these two. He knew they would be endgame and he made it happen.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

- Lucas saying "Oh" to Peyton's "I love you" makes me want to slap his pretty face.

- I absolutely love how Lucas and Skills joined together and weren't about to lose the championship game. I love that Nathan finally saw the light too. So adorable how it was Haley who was there for him, telling him about their son, and Nathan used the news, along with Whitey's and Lucas' words to turn this thing around and just go for it... WIN. Yes, it was dangerous, you saw the look on Dan's face. Dan has come a long way... he was all about winning is the only thing... the very fact that Dan told Nathan to throw the game means Dan was trying to protect him because he understood how serious of a situation it truly was. For Dan to worry about that over winning says something about his evolution. Also... watching Dan throughout this entire episode was so interesting... he had so many emotions. Paul was outstanding in the acting departmenbt. His non-verbal communication as Dan was spectacular.

- Lucas should have taken his medicine but he felt boxed into a corner. He just told Skills they both had to play the biggest game of their lives in order to overpower Nathan throwing the game away. I feel like Lucas thought he had no other option but to go without so he was 100% passionately on his game when he was in there. It's so sad. I hate this Daunte story so much.

- I hated Brooke's cheap shot at Peyton's family situation once again. Sucks but she made up for it in the end. I think what broke the ice was when Peyton fearlessly told Brooke she finally let Lucas know that he loved him and she thinks he doesn't love her back. This is all thanks to Derek. Derek's influence has given Peyton this courage... courage to ask Lucas to the banquet, courage to tell Lucas she was in love with him, courage to tell Brooke she thought she fell on her face AFTER telling him... this is all Derek and his amazing influence on his sister.

Anyway, that affected Brooke, you could tell. I know I rip Brooke constantly but I still have such a soft spot for the Peyton/Brooke friendship. I know, I know... it seems weird because I can't stand how Brooke has treated Peyton at times but I still somehow love these two. When they're good, I am smiling, when they're bad, I want to punch a wall. I think it's Hilarie and Sophia and their chemistry. Honestly, their chemistry is scorching. I can't help it!

- I hate how Karen missed most of the game because she was dealing with drugged out Deb.

-
Quote:
MOUTH : You know, say what you will about the ravages of sports in this corporate age where overpaid athletes expect prima donna treatment, but there is still something so unifying about sport in its purest form... when athletes rise above themselves and touch greatness and, in doing so, remind us all that we also have greatness inside of us.
^^^ Mark is such a damn good writer. I love that so much.

- The basketball action seems so real, the entire game. But that last sequence... Lucas for the 3, nothing but net, Tree Hill wins, was incredible!!!!!

The directing, acting, music when the shot goes in from that point on is phenomenal... the celebration turns into something literally out of a storybook, a fairytale... it's magical... and then... Lucas/Peyton... This scene gives me the chills, it really does. I just... oh man, I feel like I want to jump through my screen and enter that basketball court and congratulate everyone for the win and then sit back and look at the Lucas/Peyton scene. It's phenomenal... The flashback, pulling The Pilot to this very moment and combining them is just beautiful and so convincing. Lucas' sweet words, Peyton's reaction, the kiss, the magical atmosphere. Lucas has teased Peyton about her skinny legs before too. There's just such layers and deliberate "repeats" because Mark nursed Lucas/Peyton from day 1. I love how both Lucas and Peyton smile before their kiss... it's like they both were taking it in, the magnitude of the situation and what was going on between them... then the kiss! It's such a soulmate type of thing... the "I'll be seeing you" comment... Lucas said it in 1.1, Peyton said it in 4.9... the point Mark was making was they BOTH KNEW they were going to end up together. They knew it, they just didn't know when or how but they knew they were destined for a happy ending. I love Mark for this tie-in so much. I've never seen anything like it before, it's so beautiful!

I love Brooke's part in it, too... this is something I just caught during this viewing... Peyton told Brooke at the hospital this:

Quote:
PEYTON : Yeah, well, I probably shouldn't have been surprised. I asked him once who he wanted next to him when his dreams came true.
Yet... look at how Brooke KNEW Lucas didn't mean her, he meant Peyton. Otherwise, Brooke never would have gone up to Lucas and asked him who he wanted beside him... Brooke KNEW Lucas was in love with Peyton and always has been. She never would have intervened otherwise. But she did. I thought that was remarkable and actually a little heartbreaking. Brooke has always known Lucas has wanted to be with Peyton. She knew it. Very telling, and very awesome that finally she gets it and even helped bring Lucas/Peyton together.

- I love Skills and Bevin! I love these two. Please, we need to see more of them.

- So happy for Whitey!

- I love the looks exchanged between Lucas and Peyton when Peyton's talking to Mouth. I love how Nathan approves, too. And then Lucas introduces Peyton as his girlfriend to Haley. Love it, followed by their continued kissing privately with the promise that they'll continue it shortly when Lucas comes over. Of course that doesn't get to happen which definitely frustrates me. But it was still so perfect, everything about Lucas/Peyton.

- This is in my top 5 of all time greatest episodes of the series. Two main themes exist in this one: 1) Basketball and finally getting that Championship and 2) Lucas/Peyton as the soulmate/destined endgame couple. Both themes have existed since The Pilot. Both of these came true in fairytale-like fashion in this one, even taking place at the same spot, with the same atmosphere.

Of course the ridiculous heartache and drama between Nathan and Daunte attempted to spoil the episode but it really didn't for me. I categorize this nightmare as an "added" extra because I refuse to include it with the otherwise outstanding, beautiful episode. I won't let it affect my thoughts on this one. Lucas/Peyton & the Championship win.... as good as it gets.

However, oh man, that ending sucks so damn much. I can't even imagine watching that live. Nathan really screwed up, man. Not only getting involved with Daunte, but then stupidly running up to him and beating the crap out of him even though we know he died before this time. He still attacked him, which caused Dan to take the blame to protect Nathan, Haley was totally nailed by the car, she's pregnant, Lucas and the stress over seeing Haley coupled with the medication situation caused him to suffer a heart attack. Then we see Peyton gloriously happy over what just happened between her and Lucas, she is glowing at home... then Brooke shows up and tells her about Lucas and Haley which immediately causes Peyton to weep and be in panic mode again.

So horrible.

Oh well, like I said, what happens before this disaster was beautiful and it's why I consider this one of the best episodes of the entire series.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-17-2015 at 03:04 PM
Old 01-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

This was from the Lucas/Peyton shipper thread on the One Tree Hill board/4.9 and the Lucas/Peyton scene:

Quote:
Episode 4x09 "Some You Give Away"

Suddenly it was as if the roar of the crowd, the echo of the final buzzers, the cheers of my teammates were alll sounding from 1,000 miles away, and what remained in that bizarre, muffled silence was only Peyton.
The girl whose art, passion, and beauty had changed my life. In that moment, my triumph was not a state
championship, but simple clarity. The realization that we had always been meant for each other
and every instinct to the contrary had simply been a denial of the following truth;

I was now and would always be in love with Peyton Sawyer.
==========

Last edited by jediwands; 01-17-2015 at 08:46 PM
Old 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Love that episode.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu
Love that episode.
I know, right?

I could watch those scenes over and over again. I especially love when Lucas introduced Peyton as his girlfriend to Haley. Peyton jokingly freaks out and I love how Lucas had to immediately follow Peyton to kiss her and make sure this boyfriend/girlfriend thing was starting NOW.

Chad/Hilarie chemistry gives me goosebumps.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

This neat little interview came out today with Chad...

Chad Michael Murray: One Tree Hill Was "Huge" Life Experience - Us Weekly
Old 01-18-2015, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
Lucas saying "Oh" to Peyton's "I love you" makes me want to slap his pretty face.
I find it as Lucas finally getting to see and hear and feel the words that Peyton is saying that he's felt so many years. I think that's why he had the "oh". Whcih yeah, you wanna slap the kid...but yeah, that's what it is.

Quote:
I absolutely love how Lucas and Skills joined together and weren't about to lose the championship game. I love that Nathan finally saw the light too. So adorable how it was Haley who was there for him, telling him about their son, and Nathan used the news, along with Whitey's and Lucas' words to turn this thing around and just go for it... WIN. Yes, it was dangerous, you saw the look on Dan's face. Dan has come a long way... he was all about winning is the only thing... the very fact that Dan told Nathan to throw the game means Dan was trying to protect him because he understood how serious of a situation it truly was. For Dan to worry about that over winning says something about his evolution. Also... watching Dan throughout this entire episode was so interesting... he had so many emotions. Paul was outstanding in the acting departmenbt. His non-verbal communication as Dan was spectacular.
There was so many things going on in that scene, those scenes. Nathan realizing that being the best basketball player wouldn't matter to his son. Not being raved over by thousands wouldn't matter either...not to his son. I think that little moment with Haley really bought him back to reality. For Nathan to realize what he alread has and doesn't ahve to fight for anymore.

However, he was fighting...against Daunte and Bear. Dan knew the implications of loan sharks and bookies. Maybe he wasn't personally involved in his life, but everyone knows they're bad news. For Dan to step up and say "throw the game" meant a lot. Dan was all about winning and kind of still was. But he kenw that in order for things to be right, it wasn't about winning, it was about survival. Dan knew how far his son had gone when Nathan would risk his entire basketball future over one game becuase of a bet/deal he made with a loan shark.

Quote:
Lucas should have taken his medicine but he felt boxed into a corner. He just told Skills they both had to play the biggest game of their lives in order to overpower Nathan throwing the game away. I feel like Lucas thought he had no other option but to go without so he was 100% passionately on his game when he was in there. It's so sad. I hate this Daunte story so much.
I think, also, it wasn't just playing so big to over play Nathan. This was Lucas' last game as a team player in a professional spectrum....ever. Lucas should've had the time of his life it was going to be the last time. There was no other season or next year or anything. So I think it was also Lucas realizing that you know what this is it, there isn't anything else. I think it would've been the same, him playing his heart out (no pun intended) if Nathan hadn't plan to throw the game. Lucas' emotions were all over the place just with his HCM alone, then add Nathan throwing the game. The medication was probably the last thing on his mind.

Quote:
I hate how Karen missed most of the game because she was dealing with drugged out Deb.
Very true. Deb should've sunk low enough in herself to go to rehab alone. Karen was missing her son's huge game, the championship. All to what, take care of a druggie. Come on, Deb could've driven herself. She's been so crazy the past year, driving a bit loopy wouldn't have changed anything.

Quote:
The basketball action seems so real, the entire game. But that last sequence... Lucas for the 3, nothing but net, Tree Hill wins, was incredible!!!!!
Little fact. The large overhang shots was from an actual game at the RVC Center in Raleigh (where the episode was actually shot). Originally the other team was going to wear a certain color but becuase of the footage they had and to work with, the other teams uniforms changed. So yeah, that's why it's so real...becuase it is

Quote:
The directing, acting, music when the shot goes in from that point on is phenomenal... the celebration turns into something literally out of a storybook, a fairytale... it's magical... and then... Lucas/Peyton... This scene gives me the chills, it really does. I just... oh man, I feel like I want to jump through my screen and enter that basketball court and congratulate everyone for the win and then sit back and look at the Lucas/Peyton scene. It's phenomenal... The flashback, pulling The Pilot to this very moment and combining them is just beautiful and so convincing. Lucas' sweet words, Peyton's reaction, the kiss, the magical atmosphere. Lucas has teased Peyton about her skinny legs before too. There's just such layers and deliberate "repeats" because Mark nursed Lucas/Peyton from day 1. I love how both Lucas and Peyton smile before their kiss... it's like they both were taking it in, the magnitude of the situation and what was going on between them... then the kiss! It's such a soulmate type of thing... the "I'll be seeing you" comment... Lucas said it in 1.1, Peyton said it in 4.9... the point Mark was making was they BOTH KNEW they were going to end up together. They knew it, they just didn't know when or how but they knew they were destined for a happy ending. I love Mark for this tie-in so much. I've never seen anything like it before, it's so beautiful!
It was like finally they were together. Nothing else mattered. With all the falling confetti and them holding each other. It was really sweet. Exactly how it should be. Eveyrthing else in what seemed like a standstill and nothing else mattered.

Then the "i'll be seeeing ya" montage that was planned from the beginning that basically led to them runiting all this time later.

Quote:
I love the looks exchanged between Lucas and Peyton when Peyton's talking to Mouth. I love how Nathan approves, too. And then Lucas introduces Peyton as his girlfriend to Haley. Love it, followed by their continued kissing privately with the promise that they'll continue it shortly when Lucas comes over. Of course that doesn't get to happen which definitely frustrates me. But it was still so perfect, everything about Lucas/Peyton.
I love all the goodies I remember watching them and seeing how every episode in the future was going to filled with perfect scenes.

Quote:
This is in my top 5 of all time greatest episodes of the series. Two main themes exist in this one:
I wanted to really touch on this I know it was a team effort of the championship and all that. But what I really saw when Lucas made the winning shot is kind of redoing what happened at the end of Season 1 when Lucas missed the game winning shot and The Ravens lost and everyone hated him. Now it was the next season, Lucas was a captain along side Nathan and made the game winning shot. I know it was a great night for Lucas and Peyton as well. But I felt like that winning shot was a big redemption for Lucas that he was able to do something really kind of epic for the basetball team that before he could not.

Quote:
However, oh man, that ending sucks so damn much. I can't even imagine watching that live. Nathan really screwed up, man. Not only getting involved with Daunte, but then stupidly running up to him and beating the crap out of him even though we know he died before this time. He still attacked him, which caused Dan to take the blame to protect Nathan, Haley was totally nailed by the car, she's pregnant, Lucas and the stress over seeing Haley coupled with the medication situation caused him to suffer a heart attack. Then we see Peyton gloriously happy over what just happened between her and Lucas, she is glowing at home... then Brooke shows up and tells her about Lucas and Haley which immediately causes Peyton to weep and be in panic mode again.
It was quite....well there was a lot of anxiety for me, tbh. Here we have this perfect life (and you know how perfect goes in OTH land) and then it all goes up into flames. I mean you can say it was caused by Nathan, but each one of those characters involved made a choice. Lucas made a choice not to take his medication. That may or may not have affected his heart attack with the way he saw Haley on the street or the adrenaline rush he got from playing that night. One will never know.

THe one thing that got me...this is totally non character related. I have to do a bit of actor praise here.

James Lafferty. I got to watch him from Season 1 and kind of watch him grow. You can see from the first episode how he had grown has an actor and really came into the character of Nathan Scott. But seeing him in 4x09 and episode 4x10 was nothing short of ... just.... amazing. He really became that character and really put everything he had in those two episodes. I'm not sure who has and hasn't watched 4x10 or even remember 4x10 but it is an episode to watch for that actor's journey. I remember watching the episode and the end of 4x09 when Nathan is on the floor in front of the nurses station as Haley is being wheeled off into the surgery area and you can just feel the emotion. It was just something to watch when you watched one guy grow over four years.

I still remember talking about the episode on the OTH forum and how most people were gabbing about the episode, but there was a lot of talk James' acting. How he got there. Not just the end that I kinda gushed over, but the entire episode and the episodes previous. He just went there. And I finally got to say it at the end of the epiosode "he finally got there". It's just something to experience. Maybe I'm just silly that way, but I thought i'd share

Quote:
Oh well, like I said, what happens before this disaster was beautiful and it's why I consider this one of the best episodes of the entire series.
Season 4 really set the tone for One Tree Hill's characters and relationships. What are you really willing to fight for was a theme for Nathan/Haley and also for Lucas/Peyton. Do you fight for yourself and your struggles or do you fight for the ones you love and hope they're okay. I think that really set a tone for the entire series in how far they'd come
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-18-2015, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

- I love the spiritual aspect of this episode. It's so unique. I love that Mark was brave enough to go there. He does a really nice job. In the psychic/tarot world that I am a part of... what I've learned from mediums and others that interact with the spirit world, that's precisely what happens... when you're Keith, you can THINK of where you want to be and bam, you're there. It's telepathic and the spirit thinks and is THERE immediately. To see how environments just appeared for Keith and Lucas... it's very accurate if you believe in this.

So great seeing "Keith" again. Notice that Keith immediately mentions Peyton to Lucas. Just more proof that Peyton is the one for Lucas.

- Clever idea paralleling It’s a Wonderful Life throughout the episode. What's amazing is Mark had to have planned this for a while... the bridge scene with Nathan and in the movie is completely paralleled. You can't do that without planning. At first you think Lucas is the main character in It's a Wonderful Life but it transitions to Nathan in a more realistic way. The main plotline of Keith showing Lucas what life would be like if he was a selfish and bad person is what's mainly loosely based on the film. Great stuff. This episode is proof that the show wasn't just cheap drama without quality. There are some fabulous "Everwood-like" episodes in this series, for sure.

- Are my eyes deceiving me or is Mark in this episode??? When Nathan goes into the music store and talks to the cashier clerk, that guy looks like Mark! Is it? Or just someone that resembles him???

- Wait.... Mark = Max? He has to be! *Looks it up to confirm* Of course Mark picks a character the directly interacts with Hilarie/Peyton.

- The Peyton/Brooke scene with them sitting there is so sad. I still hate how it appears as if Peyton is the one asking Brooke for forgiveness and to be friends. I hate that. I wish they'd BOTH mutually admit they've made mistakes. Instead, it's still one sided. Yet, it's that damn Hilarie/Sophia screen presence for me. I love them.

- Peyton's CAR is of course involved in this episode. Not a coincidence.

- Peyton/Lucas hospital scene is beautiful.

- Peyton going to Haley and Brooke going to Lucas was moving.

- Of course it was PEYTON who made Lucas choose to come back instead of going with Keith. Of course, of course. I love how Keith even said if Lucas would have chosen to move on, Peyton would live a good life but she wouldn't have let go of Lucas. I love that. Soulmate vibe, meant to be vibe all the way. Lucas, go back and tell Peyton you love her.

- I love the Keith/Lucas goodbye.

Excellent episode.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I find it as Lucas finally getting to see and hear and feel the words that Peyton is saying that he's felt so many years. I think that's why he had the "oh". Whcih yeah, you wanna slap the kid...but yeah, that's what it is.
That's very true. Like he told Skills... he really thought he had to let go. I think it was overwhelming getting everything you wished for instantly. Lucas is also the type of guy to think before he acts. He really did have to take it in before searching his heart.

Quote:
Very true. Deb should've sunk low enough in herself to go to rehab alone. Karen was missing her son's huge game, the championship. All to what, take care of a druggie. Come on, Deb could've driven herself. She's been so crazy the past year, driving a bit loopy wouldn't have changed anything.
This part really bothered me. Karen should have been in the stands two hours before game time, soaking it all up. Instead, she had to take care of Deb. Look at how Deb chose to take those pills over seeing her son play his last game, too. So heartbreaking.

Quote:
Little fact. The large overhang shots was from an actual game at the RVC Center in Raleigh (where the episode was actually shot). Originally the other team was going to wear a certain color but becuase of the footage they had and to work with, the other teams uniforms changed. So yeah, that's why it's so real...becuase it is
Got it! Awesome.

Quote:
It was like finally they were together. Nothing else mattered. With all the falling confetti and them holding each other. It was really sweet. Exactly how it should be. Eveyrthing else in what seemed like a standstill and nothing else mattered.

Then the "i'll be seeeing ya" montage that was planned from the beginning that basically led to them runiting all this time later.
Absolutely. Anyone who didn't see Lucas/Peyton was planned from the beginning... I don't know what to say. The triangle was nothing, it was annoying but never threatening or serious. Lucas/Peyton were endgame in The Pilot and that never wavered even once.

Quote:
I love all the goodies I remember watching them and seeing how every episode in the future was going to filled with perfect scenes.

Quote:
I wanted to really touch on this I know it was a team effort of the championship and all that. But what I really saw when Lucas made the winning shot is kind of redoing what happened at the end of Season 1 when Lucas missed the game winning shot and The Ravens lost and everyone hated him. Now it was the next season, Lucas was a captain along side Nathan and made the game winning shot. I know it was a great night for Lucas and Peyton as well. But I felt like that winning shot was a big redemption for Lucas that he was able to do something really kind of epic for the basetball team that before he could not.
Totally! Lucas and Nathan even shared a couple comments from back in the day before and during the championship game. The past and present was all tied together. Lucas makes the winning shot this time, Lucas and Nathan are close as brothers, Lucas gets Peyton, Lucas wins the championship, all of his dreams literally did come true.

Quote:
James Lafferty. I got to watch him from Season 1 and kind of watch him grow. You can see from the first episode how he had grown has an actor and really came into the character of Nathan Scott. But seeing him in 4x09 and episode 4x10 was nothing short of ... just.... amazing. He really became that character and really put everything he had in those two episodes. I'm not sure who has and hasn't watched 4x10 or even remember 4x10 but it is an episode to watch for that actor's journey. I remember watching the episode and the end of 4x09 when Nathan is on the floor in front of the nurses station as Haley is being wheeled off into the surgery area and you can just feel the emotion. It was just something to watch when you watched one guy grow over four years.

I still remember talking about the episode on the OTH forum and how most people were gabbing about the episode, but there was a lot of talk James' acting. How he got there. Not just the end that I kinda gushed over, but the entire episode and the episodes previous. He just went there. And I finally got to say it at the end of the epiosode "he finally got there". It's just something to experience. Maybe I'm just silly that way, but I thought i'd share
Glad you did. I completely agree, too. I remember when the series got started... I always thought James was a good actor but he didn't stick out for me like Chad, Hilarie, the adults. He really did evolve as the series progressed. His acting developed layers as the series moved along. You really notice it.

Quote:
Season 4 really set the tone for One Tree Hill's characters and relationships. What are you really willing to fight for was a theme for Nathan/Haley and also for Lucas/Peyton. Do you fight for yourself and your struggles or do you fight for the ones you love and hope they're okay. I think that really set a tone for the entire series in how far they'd come
Agreed! I absolutely adore this season. It's really difficult for me to pick season 1 over season 4 at this point. I actually think I prefer season 4. The characters come to life in a way that has such a beautiful payoff. All the hard work Lucas/Peyton and Nathan/Haley put in is finally showing up as success. Season 1 was about groundwork. Season 4 was about payoff.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

- LOL Love the Hilarie/Sophia bit before the episode.

- Love the Lucas/Peyton words and kiss at school. My expression goes all giddy happy while watching them.

- Peyton doesn't like PDA aka is scared. I understand but she needs to get over it for Lucas/Peyton fans.

- Gigi is so damn weird. LOL Why does she want to break up with Mouth and her way of going about it is strange! She sort of makes sense with the break up but why get involved with Mouth in the first place then?

- Nathan has to be feeling like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. Dan's in jail for something he didn't do even if he wants to be there in order to be punished for Keith's death, Haley thinks Daunte was innocent and good. Man, this must suck for Nathan.

... okay, Nathan told Haley everything. It doesn't get any less serious and unbelievable when he tells her the entire story.

- Oh Haley, I love you. Your advice to Peyton about not ducking Lucas or being afraid of loving him is so bang on... none of those people are Lucas is right!

- Rachel and Brooke stealing tests is about as moronic as it gets. Brooke's good friends with Haley who could easily help her get her math grade up. This is just stupid. As is the clean teens thing.

- Deb is so annoying. What a loser.

-
Quote:
Lucas to Peyton: And I didn't die. I couldn't die. Do you know why? Because I had to come back and look into those green eyes of yours and tell you I love you. I do. I love you, Peyton. You didn't push me away. I came back for you. And no matter how long it takes, I'll wait for you.
^^^ Awwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

- Awe, Lucas went to Keith's grave, put some flowers on there, haha, even Jimmy's and told him he told Peyton he loved her. Awe. What a beautiful scene.

- Glad Haley and Nathan worked it out. Haley was understanding. I was thinking she would have yelled at him more but leaving for reflection and staying at Karen's was the best way to go. Realistic for sure.

- Lucas is getting closer and closer to finding out the truth that Dan killed Keith.

- That last scene between Lucas and Peyton was LOVE! With Peyton running up to him without hesitation, followed by the kissing, holding each other, was as good as it gets! I love this two... so much! My shipper heart is swelling.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-18-2015 at 11:43 AM
Old 01-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
- Lucas saying "Oh" to Peyton's "I love you" makes me want to slap his pretty face.
I know!! What the heck was wrong with him?

-
Quote:
Also... watching Dan throughout this entire episode was so interesting... he had so many emotions. Paul was outstanding in the acting departmenbt. His non-verbal communication as Dan was spectacular.
It was. Dan was resigned to the fact that The Ravens would have to lose...but he just couldn't watch..so he left. Then after hearing that the Ravens turned the game around..he had to come back. Dan's face went from elation to trepidation every time he looked at Daunte. His face mirrored all of out feelings.

Quote:
I feel like Lucas thought he had no other option but to go without so he was 100% passionately on his game when he was in there. It's so sad. I hate this Daunte story so much.
Daunte put so many people in danger. Lucas had no choice but to not take his medication. He would have otherwise been useless to stop Nathan's plan to lose.

Quote:
Anyway, that affected Brooke, you could tell. I know I rip Brooke constantly but I still have such a soft spot for the Peyton/Brooke friendship.
I do, too. That's why I want to often kill her, but I have a hard time hating her.

-
Quote:
I hate how Karen missed most of the game because she was dealing with drugged out Deb.
I know!! She got there after Whitely sat Lucas back down. She did get to see Lucas have one more fantastic play.
Deb is really pathetic right now.
-

Quote:
- The basketball action seems so real, the entire game. But that last sequence... Lucas for the 3, nothing but net, Tree Hill wins, was incredible!!!!!
I love watching those basketball scenes as well. It doesn't appear that Nathan has a double here.....he looks like the performance is all him.

Quote:

- This is in my top 5 of all time greatest episodes of the series. Two main themes exist in this one: 1) Basketball and finally getting that Championship and 2) Lucas/Peyton as the soulmate/destined endgame couple. Both themes have existed since The Pilot. Both of these came true in fairytale-like fashion in this one, even taking place at the same spot, with the same atmosphere.
I can definitely see how this episode could not be easily topped even though the ending was horrible.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
- Clever idea paralleling It’s a Wonderful Life throughout the episode. What's amazing is Mark had to have planned this for a while... the bridge scene with Nathan and in the movie is completely paralleled.
I picked up on that parallel immediately. It was genius.
Quote:

- Wait.... Mark = Max? He has to be! *Looks it up to confirm* Of course Mark picks a character the directly interacts with Hilarie/Peyton.
Yup...I believe you are right. I loved the interaction between Peyton and Max.

Quote:
- Peyton's CAR is of course involved in this episode. Not a coincidence.
I see what you mean about Peyton's care being one of the characters on this show. lol

Quote:
- Of course it was PEYTON who made Lucas choose to come back instead of going with Keith. Of course, of course. I love how Keith even said if Lucas would have chosen to move on, Peyton would live a good life but she wouldn't have let go of Lucas. I love that. Soulmate vibe, meant to be vibe all the way. Lucas, go back and tell Peyton you love her.
Great advice from Keith. I loved all of the Lucas/Keith interaction...especially the joking.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

- I forgot to mention in my 4.10 and 4.11 write ups how I love that Keith and Lucas scene in the school at the spot where Jimmy killed himself and Dan killed Keith and how awesome that scene was when Keith was there staring at Lucas and two seconds later he's behind him with Lucas sort of spinning around. That was such cool direction, so "spirit-like" too.

- Lucas and Peyton are SO HAPPY together. You can just SEE how at peace and happy they are. It's something they've wanted for so long. Before, endless obstacles were in the way but now there's nothing. They are so happy together.

- There's Chase...

-
Quote:
Lucas tries to give Peyton a paper, but the teacher intercepts it.

The teacher: Well, well. Passing notes, Mr. Scott? How about we share this with the class?

Lucas: I’d be happy to. It just says that… “Peyton, you look amazing. And I can’t wait till class is over so I can look at those green eyes and kiss your perfect lips.” Did I miss anything?

The teacher: Nope, that that pretty much covers it. Peyton care to respond?

Peyton and Lucas kiss.

The teacher: Oh, young love. At least you’ll be together in detention.

Peyton (whispering): So worth it.
^^^ Okay, how much do I love these two? I also love how Lucas keeps mentioning Peyton's green eyes.

- Awesome that Nathan told Skills that Dan helped Naley get out of debt. Good for Dan. I know Dan's motives right now might be out of guilt but the guy has done tremendous things for Nathan lately and I just have to acknowledge it.

- Episodes get brighter when Skills is on my screen. I love him.

- Oh man, that Lucas/Peyton scene in Peyton's bedroom with him saying he likes her smile and both commenting on how everything's better, food tastes better, Peyton's living in an Air Supply song, etc... seriously? How much do I love these two? Hilarie and Chad also have their voice inflections and Lucas/Peyton down to a science, they flirt with their voices, the little touches, the looks, the words, aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, seriously, I HEART THEM!

It's Ephram/Amy and Lucas/Peyton for me as far as top couples that just make me want to grin forever. I love them!

That Lucas/Peyton exchange is just so adorable. The chemistry is like an explosion, it's everywhere! That seriously can only happen if Chad and Hilarie truly like each other and you know they do.

- The Lucas/Peyton cemetery scene is love too... How adorable of an idea was it for Peyton to bring Lucas to "meet" her mom? Awe. Of course that also instigated Lucas having the revelation about Jimmy not killing Keith.

- Nathan dancing with Skills and Mouth looking at him is hilarious....

- I love that Skills went to Peyton for music and he told her that Lucas/Peyton = making sense.

- Of course Karen tells Lucas she approves of him and Peyton. I also love how she said she's glad they FINALLY found each other... meaning, she knew they were destined to go there.

- Awe poor Lucas trying to share his experience with Keith with Karen. I do understand why Karen can't accept what he's saying though right now. I love how Lucas immediately went to Peyton to talk to her about telling Karen about seeing Keith. When Lucas was with Brooke would he ever have confided in her about this stuff? Nope. He would totally pull away from her. With Peyton, it's natural and necessary. So cute how Peyton attempted to make cookies.

- There you go... Dan admits to Deb that he never loved her, Karen was the love of his life. I truly do believe this. I think Dan loved Deb in a different way but not like he loved Karen. He did settle for Deb. I think he was being sincere if even insensitive admitting as much.

- Wow, Deb caused Haley to fall. She's so out of control. Go away, you drugged out lunatic.

- Haha I love that Peyton and Lucas dragged Haley out to see Nathan.

- I just love how Lucas has his arm around Peyton as they left the club. I love how happy they are.

- Awe, Nathan buying the dress for Haley was so adorable. Awe!

- Okay, the chocolate cookie dough fight between Lucas and Peyton was sexy romantic, wow, just wow... sooooooooooooo sweet. I love how Lucas got all excited when Peyton joked that she might have to take her bra off. I could sit and rewind this scene over and over again. It's love, it really is.

- The Dan/Karen situation is very sad. Dan knows he's about to get busted.

This is quite possibly my favorite Lucas/Peyton episode to date. Man, they are so sexy hot with this scorching emotionally romantic connection. Oh yes I ship them.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread