Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

- Daunte = Rick Fox. I rather remember him playing NBA ball over playing a bad guy on OTH. LOL

- You just knew this Daunte storyline wasn't going away without getting real bad before it finally slows down. Sucks.

- Poor Whitey. If he only knew Nathan originally was in the process of throwing the game.

- Man, Daunte and Bear then go interact with Haley... that's what I mean... these people hit the person where it hurts most... going near their family. Oh Nate, you were so careless getting involved with these criminals. Your wife's pregnant.

- I love Derek and Peyton. I love how he encourages her to tell Lucas how she feels.

- I can't believe Brooke gave Peyton that to go box and called her a sl$t... when Brooke sleeps with anything that moves! Brooke also does this knowing Peyton was tormented by that psycho. Nice.

- I was thinking about Haley working at the cafe and tutoring... the girl is beyond musically gifted and intelligent. She could make some serious coin instead of what she's currently doing if she used all of her talent and intelligence... she could be a piano teacher, a singing teacher, guitar teacher, tutoring for money, doing music gigs at night or in small towns on weekends. Well, now she's pregnant but you get what I mean. The girl is intelligent and gifted. Heck, on weekends if she gave lessons to 4/5 people two days in a row, she could make good money.

- I love when Luke calls Peyton Saywer. I also love it even more while thinking about how that becomes important later.

- Lucas' passive aggressiveness with Nathan proves he knew Nathan was going to want to throw the game.

- I can't believe how ridiculous Brooke was getting Peyton to sit next to her at the banquet just so she could attempt to rub Lucas in her face. Grow up, Brooke. Derek looks so handsome all dressed up.

- Peyton looks over at Lucas when Whitey mentions first loves. Man, does Hilarie look amazing in that green dress. All you see are her beautiful green eyes sparkling all the more.

- Derek has to leave on assignment. No!

- Oh Nathan, what you did with Daunte is just... incredible. Sorry, it was such a massive mistake. When those criminals are threatening Dan Scott, it only makes what Nathan did all the more serious and stupid. Wow.

- Peyton/Derek goodbye...

- Rachel's obviously scheming in some way to get Haley to tutor her. I didn't watch enough episodes in a row in the past to remember this storyline.

- Finally... bye Brooke and Lucas. I loved how they both realized they would never be close to true love together. YAY.

- When Peyton's standing there in her room alone I was praying for Lucas to walk right in and sure enough... Of course Lucas heads to Peyton at this time...

Peyton's ILY... seriously, how sincere and sweet was that? Her eyes, those green eyes were just glowing, she looked so beautiful and her words to Lucas were so sincere and magical... awe, Peyton! Your brother taught you to take risks, open up, he also was smart enough to know you were meant to be with Lucas. That "I love you" was one of the sweetest moments of the series.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-15-2015 at 08:30 PM
Old 01-15-2015, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I just watched episode 4.12. Lucas and Peyton are definitely together and kissing up a storm all over the place...including the classroom.
Question: Are we to assume they're having sex (cause they have never done that) or will this be a special episode coming up?
Peyton's not Brooke.

Lucas and Peyton haven't had sex yet. The highlight of their first time is definitely something you're not going to miss.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
- Daunte = Rick Fox. I rather remember him playing NBA ball over playing a bad guy on OTH. LOL
He was a professional basketball player?

Quote:
- Man, Daunte and Bear then go interact with Haley... that's what I mean... these people hit the person where it hurts most... going near their family. Oh Nate, you were so careless getting involved with these criminals. Your wife's pregnant.
I hated Bear even more than Dante. Always had a creepy smile/smirk on his face. I just wanted to shove my hand into his face.

-
Quote:
I love Derek and Peyton. I love how he encourages her to tell Lucas how she feels.
I love that guy so much!! I hope he comes back.
Quote:
. The girl is intelligent and gifted.
She really is and she's a hustler! Now it's time for Nathan to get a job. Basketball season is over!

-
Quote:
Lucas' passive aggressiveness with Nathan proves he knew Nathan was going to throw the game.
He was rightfully pissed. This decision of Nathan was going to affect so many people! It was poor Lucas's last game ever!

- Peyton looks over at Lucas when Whitey mentions first loves. And Haley looks over at Nathan. Brooke didn't look over at anyone!

Quote:
- Oh Nathan, what you did with Daunte is just... incredible. Sorry, it was such a massive mistake. When those criminals are threatening Dan Scott, it only makes what Nathan did all the more serious and stupid. Wow.
When Dan can't take care of it...you know it's bad!

Quote:
Peyton's ILY... seriously, how sincere and sweet was that? Her eyes, those green eyes were just glowing, she looked so beautiful and her words to Lucas were so sincere and magical... awe, Peyton!
It was very brave of her! Too bad stupid Lucas responded with "Oh."
Old 01-15-2015, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Peyton's not Brooke.

Lucas and Peyton haven't had sex yet. The highlight of their first time is definitely something you're not going to miss.
That's good, cause I don't want to miss it.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's good, cause I don't want to miss it.
This is why I love season 4 Lucas/Peyton so much... they are so emotionally romantic but aren't scared to touch and kiss all the time either but without having to have sex immediately. They are so in love, so emotionally connected, it's like the high of being in love, and Lucas writing beautiful words to Peyton, the hugging, hand holding, kissing is more than anything. This is actually what we wanted to see more with Ephram/Amy if you think about it. Lucas/Peyton are Ephram/Amy but with the emotional romantic connection who show tons of affection basically. LOL

But yes, they haven't had sex yet but that's coming up fairly shortly, in a few episodes.

Last edited by jediwands; 01-15-2015 at 08:59 PM
Old 01-15-2015, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
He was a professional basketball player?
Yes he was:

He actually played with both Shaq and Kobe.

He was also married to Vanessa Williams and also dated for several years the one and only, Eliza:

Quote:
I hated Bear even more than Dante. Always had a creepy smile/smirk on his face. I just wanted to shove my hand into his face.
Oh, me too! The moronic criminal thug!

Quote:
- Peyton looks over at Lucas when Whitey mentions first loves. And Haley looks over at Nathan. Brooke didn't look over at anyone!
So true.

Quote:
It was very brave of her! Too bad stupid Lucas responded with "Oh."
I hated that too but think of it this way... we got 4.9 after the championship game.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
You just knew this Daunte storyline wasn't going away without getting real bad before it finally slows down. Sucks.
I don't think Nathan had any idea that Daunte would be as bad as it turned out to be. Did Nathan realize he was getting involved with a loan shark. I know growing up in this small town and guarded community of Tree Hill and not realizing that money issues were just thet ip of the iceberg if you ask from the wrong people.

Quote:
Poor Whitey. If he only knew Nathan originally was in the process of throwing the game.
But could Whitey had stopped him. Surely Lucas tried to. I know that Whitey has a lot more influence on Nathan more than anyone, but where Nathan's mindset was...could anyone had stopped him or made Nathan see these guys are bad and aren't going away. Even if Nathan had paid Daunte off and everything was back to square one...then what? I mean Daunte wasn't one to just go away even after the deal was done. He just doesn't forget.

Quote:
Man, Daunte and Bear then go interact with Haley... that's what I mean... these people hit the person where it hurts most... going near their family. Oh Nate, you were so careless getting involved with these criminals. Your wife's pregnant.
I think that was when Nathan realized how bad it was going to get. They just werent' inside his head, they were getting inside of Haley's too. It was only a matter of time before they got to Haley and the first time they were just nice about it.

Quote:
I love Derek and Peyton. I love how he encourages her to tell Lucas how she feels.
I never thought Peyton would let anyone in again becuase of what hapepned with Ellie, but she really took to Derek. She really listened to him and took his words to heart which is suprising for Peyton especially what happened after fake Derek.

Quote:
I can't believe Brooke gave Peyton that to go box and called her a sl$t... when Brooke sleeps with anything that moves! Brooke also does this knowing Peyton was tormented by that psycho. Nice.
I was thinking about all these discussions we would have about Brooke right out putting Peyton in this corner as if Peyton did something wrong. And there is no amount of anger or mean words or anything that would justify how really upset that character mad me. How do you take real feelings and screw them into the ground as if A...didn't matter, B...were just a toy to play with, C...they didn't matter. So you know, I'm just done. Letting go. I can't even go there with it anymore

Quote:
Lucas' passive aggressiveness with Nathan proves he knew Nathan was going to want to throw the game.
Lucas knows Nathan a lot better then he wants Nathan to know that. Lucas will never being to know, at that time, what it was like for Nathan to do whate ever it took to support his family. It wasn't just him anymore on his own in that apartment...it wasn't just Haley as his girlfriend or his wife. It wasn't about them anymore. It was about their baby and Nathan was struggling to find the right thing to do. A lot of guys in his situation would struggle and add the teenager on top of it. He was a ticking timebomb of excuses...he was running out.

Quote:
Derek looks so handsome all dressed up.
A man in uniform never disappoints.

Quote:
Derek has to leave on assignment. No!
I think it was sort of brilliant for Peyton's arc, tbh. She needed to be strong for herself and I think Derek honestly provided her that. He gave her the strength she needed to carry on in her life. And he knew she would be okay, she just had to believe that.

Quote:
Finally... bye Brooke and Lucas. I loved how they both realized they would never be close to true love together. YAY.
It was like the LP cheering section erupted. It was finally the conversation that needed to be heard...again to really know taht she was done. I think Brooke was done a long time ago, just she was finally ready to say it.
{Ephram♥Amy}
patricia
Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Brooke is just a big bitch tge first four seasons.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Brooke is just a big bitch tge first four seasons.
She certainly is. I have no idea how the character has so many supporters. I can see post season 4 but so many were defending her in the first four seasons. I can't even with that... I don't know how to debate something that seems so obvious... Brooke was borderline evil at times in the first four seasons to many people, not just Peyton.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
She certainly is. I have no idea how the character has so many supporters. I can see post season 4 but so many were defending her in the first four seasons. I can't even with that... I don't know how to debate something that seems so obvious... Brooke was borderline evil at times in the first four seasons to many people, not just Peyton.
Well people love blair-an elitist snob and borderline xenaphobe. I dont get whst the appeal of evil characters. Its like tge people who like serial killers.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Betty's out of town until Sunday so I have time to catch up. LOL I think (we never discussed but I assume) she'll be around since she has an ipad while she's out of town but she can't watch episodes where she's at. She's on 4.13 and I'm on 4.9 so I'll accomplish this, no problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
I don't think Nathan had any idea that Daunte would be as bad as it turned out to be. Did Nathan realize he was getting involved with a loan shark. I know growing up in this small town and guarded community of Tree Hill and not realizing that money issues were just thet ip of the iceberg if you ask from the wrong people.
I think Nathan had an idea of what kind of person he was but not the extent of just how bad. I remember the first time he met Daunte he made a comment right to his face... let me find it...

It's in 4.6:

Quote:
Nathan : Thanks, but I can't accept this from you, NCAA rules.

Daunte : Nathan, it's your car. There's no money changing hands here. Just consider this the Tree Hill alumni lending a helping hand.

Nathan : Is that what you guys calling yourselves these days, alumni?

Daunte : Why'd you go ruin a perfectly good gesture by making me feel bad?
----

Nathan definitely knew he was bad news. He might not have known to what extent but Nate's first impression and understanding was that Daunte was not a clean guy. He probably had no idea that they would be violent and trap him like they did but given his response, he had a clue he was dealing with someone who was shady.

Quote:
I never thought Peyton would let anyone in again becuase of what hapepned with Ellie, but she really took to Derek. She really listened to him and took his words to heart which is suprising for Peyton especially what happened after fake Derek.
Exactly. I knew when Derek got that phone call he had to leave. So sad. Do we see more of Derek in the future? I hope so! I don't remember seeing him later on during my sporadic watching.

Quote:
I was thinking about all these discussions we would have about Brooke right out putting Peyton in this corner as if Peyton did something wrong. And there is no amount of anger or mean words or anything that would justify how really upset that character mad me. How do you take real feelings and screw them into the ground as if A...didn't matter, B...were just a toy to play with, C...they didn't matter. So you know, I'm just done. Letting go. I can't even go there with it anymore
I hear you. I have a friend who started watching during season 5 and thinks Brooke is this amazing, special person while Peyton is horrible and not a nice person. It's frustrating because I know my friend would love Lucas/Peyton and Peyton if the first four seasons (essentially the core essence of the show lol) were actually watched. LOL

Quote:

I think it was sort of brilliant for Peyton's arc, tbh. She needed to be strong for herself and I think Derek honestly provided her that. He gave her the strength she needed to carry on in her life. And he knew she would be okay, she just had to believe that.

It was like the LP cheering section erupted. It was finally the conversation that needed to be heard...again to really know taht she was done. I think Brooke was done a long time ago, just she was finally ready to say it.
^^^ YES to all of this!
Old 01-16-2015, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Well people love blair-an elitist snob and borderline xenaphobe. I dont get whst the appeal of evil characters. Its like tge people who like serial killers.
I don't either. Blair was a terrible friend to Serena at times and she has endless faults. But for me, Brooke is even worse because of how she directly attacked and bullied Peyton. She also took a situation, Peyton's feelings for Lucas from day 1 and manipulated it so Peyton would have to back off and Brooke could be with Lucas. THEN the continual bullying and below the belt shots Brooke took at Peyton years later. Just gross!

I suppose Blair being lame enough going for Dan given Serena's feelings is like the Brooke/Peyton situation but at least Blair wasn't as verbally abusive to Serena as Brooke was to Peyton.

Both characters have horrible traits though!
Old 01-16-2015, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Found this recent Mark interview. I love what he says about couples not needing drama for intrigue. 'One Tree Hill' creator on lessons learned from Lucas, Peyton, Nathan and the rest - Zap2it | News & Features

I'd watch anything this guy creates. He doesn't abandon his work, he listens to the fans.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Can he please make another network show? Please. We need more writers like that in TV, that get fans still want normal, heartfelt stories. Not just supernatural vampires and comic heroes. Not that those shows don't have their place but what happened to shows about life? I feel sorry for teenagers now a days, I mean who in here didn't have a TV show, i.e. Dawson's Creek, 7th Heaven, Felicity, One Tree Hill, Everwood, etc., that they watched growing up and used almost as therapy or took role models from. All the things that were so hard to talk about or think about - you could see play out on screen. It's sad really, that there just don't seem to be shows like that anymore. RIP the WB.
Old 01-17-2015, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I don't either. Blair was a terrible friend to Serena at times and she has endless faults. But for me, Brooke is even worse because of how she directly attacked and bullied Peyton. She also took a situation, Peyton's feelings for Lucas from day 1 and manipulated it so Peyton would have to back off and Brooke could be with Lucas. THEN the continual bullying and below the belt shots Brooke took at Peyton years later. Just gross!

I suppose Blair being lame enough going for Dan given Serena's feelings is like the Brooke/Peyton situation but at least Blair wasn't as verbally abusive to Serena as Brooke was to Peyton.

Both characters have horrible traits though!
My issue with the latter were her jabs at the poor and her mocking of poc. I found blair worse cause atkeast brooke didnt spend tge entire series calling peyton a ****.
Rick fox is beautiful but god dante is the worst.