Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

does skipping college really spoil anything?
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I was lurking an existing One Tree Hill forum on the Internet today. I can't believe how many people refused to watch past season 6 because of Lucas/Peyton not being in the final 3 seasons. Either people refused to watch and never even tried 7.1 or they attempted to watch season 7 and couldn't go there because Lucas/Peyton were not on anymore.

Was there a large percentage of Fan Forum fans that didn't watch or dumped the show after season 6?
A lot of people did dump the show. They lost over a million viewers crime s6 to 7
Old 01-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it was a completely different world coming from sesaon 6 to season 7. it was like night and day.

i cannot believe that fans couldn't watch a show they loved becuase two people left. kind of shows how much they probably didn't believe in the show in the first place
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
does skipping college really spoil anything?
No, I don't consider that a spoiler.

I would ask you to spoil me with an answer to this question: Please tell me if Lucas will ever play on the Ravens again. I feel so badly for him after this last episode.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lucas does get to play for the Ravens again. It's worked out. I'm not gonna give you anymore than that becuase there's a moment in Season 4 that YOU HAVE TO WATCH and not get spoiled!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-04-2015, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
it was a completely different world coming from sesaon 6 to season 7. it was like night and day.

i cannot believe that fans couldn't watch a show they loved becuase two people left. kind of shows how much they probably didn't believe in the show in the first place
It wasn't just any two people. They were two out of your three leads. It's never smart to try and change a show that much and attempt to continue. I think a lot of people left because they were satisfied with the ending. People watch shows for a lot of reasons and often its not for the whole product especially with a show like OTH that was so focussed on couples. They also lost the dynamic of lucas/karen, lucas/keith and lucas/haley. Love it or hate it, but he was the heart of the show.
Old 01-04-2015, 04:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Lucas does get to play for the Ravens again. It's worked out. I'm not gonna give you anymore than that becuase there's a moment in Season 4 that YOU HAVE TO WATCH and not get spoiled!
I'm happy about that!

I'm not happy at the way that Rachel is playing Mouth.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu
A lot of people did dump the show. They lost over a million viewers crime s6 to 7
That's a ton of lost viewership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shu
It wasn't just any two people. They were two out of your three leads. It's never smart to try and change a show that much and attempt to continue. I think a lot of people left because they were satisfied with the ending. People watch shows for a lot of reasons and often its not for the whole product especially with a show like OTH that was so focussed on couples. They also lost the dynamic of lucas/karen, lucas/keith and lucas/haley. Love it or hate it, but he was the heart of the show.
AGREE COMPLETELY.

You make an excellent point about people leaving because they were satisfied with the ending. How much better of an ending could you get for your two main characters in Lucas/Peyton? Nothing could beat the ending they received. It was spectacular. In general, the entire finale felt like a good place to stop for everyone. On the forum I viewed, a large portion of people backed up precisely what you said... they all together stopped after season 6 because nothing could beat that ending or some continued and watched the last three but STILL consider the finale of 6 the perfect series finale ending.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

- Wasn't Brooke sweet posting those pictures of Rachel? Just gross. I don't comprehend how Brooke could ever go through with something so cruel. It's borderline criminal if you ask me. The telling part is her saying to Mouth that she wasn't even going through with anything, she was just playing. That is her version of just playing? Sickening.

- Cooper's hot.

I love how he tracked down Lucas at the River Court and said those words to him.

- Whitey was right asking Karen who was at fault for only having Keith for a few weeks. Was it harsh? Yes. But was it true? Yes. Karen wasted so much time running from her romantic feelings for Keith. It's a hard reality to recognize but it's true. I love what Whitey said to her, everything. He's right on, especially the part about giving Keith a son, Lucas, for a lifetime.

- Best moment of the episode and one of the best moments of the entire series:

Quote:
Whitey : Yeah, some people say they were. They were never in the record books. Because the Monarchs were an all-black team. Back in those days, when I was your age, blacks and whites weren’t allowed to play this game together. I was on the best team in the state. But we all knew there was another one. The Monarchs. One night, both teams snuck in here, locked the door, and squared off. They were good. Oh, they were damn good. We played four games. They got their shots, we got ours. And then something magical happened. Something that none of us could have anticipated. Something that had never happened in this state before. We decided to mix the teams. Their captain and our captain started picking players. As it turned out, I was next to the last one picked. Their captain looked me in the eye and said, “I’ll take Whitey.” And it stuck. That’s how I got my nickname. Well, that night changed all our lives. We were no longer black players or white players. We were just players. We shut out the world and played. Together. We played a game that we loved. And that night; that game changed everything. I haven’t been the same since. You want me to tell you that this game matters ? I promise you, son, it does matter. Let the game heal you, Lucas. Come back too us, son.

- Lucas telling Whitey and Nathan about his heart condition was so sad.

Lucas telling Karen was even more...

Peyton ditches a rock star for Jake and the irony is she truly doesn't want either of them. Well, we find that out in stone real soon.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Did anyone else here ship Mouth and Rachel?
Old 01-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I never thought to ship Mouth and Rachel because I didn't see them working out. They were gray at best but I didn't see it moving towards romance.

- Nathan and Haley are adorable. Every scene the past couple of episodes is just so cute. I like their stability during this time period because everything else has gone to hell at the moment.

- I also find it really, really interesting that Brooke is still supposedly Lucas' girlfriend and he wants nothing to do with her right now while he deals with everything. Very telling. I actually forgot they were still together. More proof (not that we needed more) that Lucas and Brooke were never serious, ever. They weren't serious the first time around and even the second time around. If they were, Brooke would be with Lucas more during this time period.

- I am a little split concerning Rachel and Mouth. I actually don't really think she was toying with him at all. I think she was honest with him overall. Sure, she kissed him once or twice but they weren't like make out sessions and the last kiss was basically her thanking him for being so sensitive regarding her past. I didn't think that meant Mouth should assume they would start a serious relationship and be exclusive. I don't think that at all.

So while it's sad seeing Mouth hurt over Rachel with Cooper, I don't think she royally screwed Mouth over.

Now, Rachel lying to Cooper about her age is another story. Wrong.

- Peyton and Jake are cute. They are just not meant to be.

- It is interesting that Peyton is interested in artsy guys... Pete, rock star, Jake, musician, Lucas, intellectually gifted with writing.

- Haha I love how Dan told that moron from the other team to leave Haley alone.

- - I love how Nathan came back after getting stitched up wearing Lucas' jersey. How awesome was that? It was like both Nathan and Lucas were on the court together winning the tournament and making the playoffs.

- I love how Nathan did the VO and the entire game was spectacular. It brought me back to my glory days playing basketball and soccer.

"God, I love this game" was the most magical comment in Nathan's VO.

I also KNEW Nathan was going to get a 4 point play too. I knew that moron would get greedy, not listen to his coach and then foul Nathan with his sinking the 3 and one. Awesome. So awesome.

- Sad how Dan was outside in his car listening to the game... and the ILY to Nathan after the game, along with the tears and other words, was sad. Dan truly does realize for the first time ever that Haley is the best thing that ever happened to Nathan.

- Oh Peyton, you so do not want to marry Jake. LOL

Last edited by jediwands; 01-04-2015 at 01:44 PM
Old 01-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I knew it would never be anything but I always cheered for the idea of them regardless. Rachel needed to be with someone like him to kinda redeem her a bit....
Old 01-04-2015, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It definitely would have been great if Rachel shared Mouth's romantic interest in her. If it would have transpired, I would have been on board, for sure!

- I knew Mark Schwahn wrote this episode. I knew it! It was way too magical Lucas/Peyton for him not to have written it. Of course he did. I love this episode sooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

This episode is as deep as an ocean. There are layers upon layers in this one. It's one of the best of the series.

- Horrible wedding dress Brooke initially made Haley. WOW.

- Oh wow, Mark is going all the way back to The Pilot with Peyton's car breaking down and Karen asking Lucas what's his dream in life.

Quote:
Karen: You know, this trip wasn't just about finding you a school. It was also about finding a way back.

Lucas: To what?

Karen: To a place where it's okay to dream again. You know, you walked away from basketball so that you could live a long life. But what are you gonna do with that life? What's your next dream Lucas?
That's about Lucas/Peyton, thank you very much. Mark combined that exchange WITH Peyton's car breaking down at the same time like it did in The Pilot. Coincidence? No way. I love you, Mark.

The other amazing thing about this is in The Pilot it was Lucas who came to help Peyton because Nathan pathetically forgot about Peyton but in this case, Nathan comes and picks her up, showing how much he's changed.

Quote:
Jake: No. You said I love you.

Peyton: Okay, well normally, that's a good thing.

Jake: You said I love you, Lucas.
Poor Jake but YAY, FINALLY Mark is pulling together Lucas/Peyton.

- Brooke is soooooooooooooooooooooooo out of line getting mad at Haley for not liking the dress. Haley was so sweet when she explained to Brooke that she wanted something more simple. Haley has a right, it's her wedding day! What does Brooke do? What she always does! She makes it about her! LOL It's unreal.

- I love you, Jake, for getting Peyton to finally FACE that she's still in love with Lucas and always has been. I hate that you're hurt over it, Jake, but you are such a decent, smart guy.

- Haley looks adorable punching that punching bag.

- Notice Lucas also talks about his dream to study literature and of course we know what he ends up doing with that career too... writing books and stuff. I will stop now since it's too spoilery for Betty.

And Keith setting up a college fund for Lucas... wow.

Quote:
Brooke: Yeah, I am. But I don't know, it's kinda strange. I realized, since he's been gone that I'm not as dependent on him as I thought. You know, I have my clothing line and I have my friends and I have me. And I'm not such bad company. Who knew?
^^^ All being set up showing more and more and more how Lucas and Brooke are not only destined to break up for good, but that they were never meant to be and never will be.

- LOL I love how "Naley" is used in the scripts. Mark knew that was their shipper name. I wish Berlanti would have called Ephram/Amy "Ephramy" on the show. LOL

- HAHA I KNEW Lucas/Peyton would do the final scene together. Oh man, Mark was THE MAN in this episode. Notice how both Lucas/Peyton didn't want to do the scene together... why is that if they are supposedly only friends and comfortable with that reality? Hmm.

The flashbacks to Lucas/Peyton since The Pilot, wow, just wow. Magical. The way Peyton reacted to the scene, oh man. What a moment. Brooke even looked at them strangely.

The twist regarding the fairytale is while most of it was about Naley, the very end was about Leyton, too. Oh Mark, you wrote a piece of perfection called this episode.

- Also... the Brooke/Rachel parallel story was Cooper not loving Rachel like she wanted him to and Lucas not loving Brooke like she wanted him to. That is such brilliance, Mark. YOU ROCK.

- Haley inviting Dan to the wedding was incredible.

- The wedding dress Brooke made Haley was gorgeous in the end.

- Oh man, Peyton did it, she told Brooke she still loves Lucas. It's on!

I will never understand how some feel like the triangle damaged what Lucas/Peyton have together because I don't see it that way. Listen to Marks words in interviews and through his writing of the episodes... the story was always, always Lucas/Peyton. ALWAYS. People saying he choose Brooke and all of that.. no, he didn't. He didn't choose Brooke like Peyton didn't choose Jake. They attempted to choose others but it was because they were denying what they have together. They were running away from their hearts, Lucas and Peyton were. Mark had a plan from day 1 and he knew he would pull it all together... 3.21 was when he decided to pull it together and move forward in such a great way.

Like I said, such a deep episode, this one.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Did anyone else here ship Mouth and Rachel?
A little until I realized she was playing him.

Quote:
I promise you, son, it does matter. Let the game heal you, Lucas. Come back too us, son.
Yeah and Lucas was taking Whitey's advice until Deb put her two cents in.

Need to watch the next two episodes..
Old 01-04-2015, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Need to watch the next two episodes..
You do! Things really move. Don't pay attention to my thoughts until you do. But I'm just so eager to get through season 3 given where the storylines are going, I can't stop watching episodes!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread