Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2015, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty (View Post)
I can't believe that teacher isn't mortified that Brooke is his student and I am amazed that he would continue a relationship with her. Isn't this a new job for him? Making out in the Girls room....the classroom? Seriously. THis guy makes Ezra look like a saint!
It would seem that he has done this before and it's not so uncommon...for him

Quote:
I'm loving Lucas, Nathan, and Skills on the court together. They are really beautiful to watch and it's so great for Lucas to be back.
Kind of like they were always meant to be together on the court, right?

Quote:
I am dying to know who is behind these "messages" to Dan. They're making it sound like it's Whitey...but that's too obvious.
It is actually really interesting how Dan's guilt is kind of being sprawled up on his living room wall. It's really telling if Dan thinks he's going crazy or someone's really after him.

Quote:
I can't stand Dan, but I kind of don't blame him for not helping out Nathan. Nathan did emancipate himself...he did get married and he is expecting a child. Sorry...that was a stupid move by both Nathan and Haley getting pregnant. Older couples have the sense to wait to start a family. These two have really put a crimp on their future plans.
I like that Dan didn't bail Nathan out because of hard times. I'm sure Dan ran into some hard times when building the dealership even though Deb's father gave him the money to finance the dealership. I till hate Dan for killing Keith, but he did do the right thing. Nathan made it very clear he could support himself when he emancipated himself from his parents. And then he got married and proved to Haley's parents that he would be able to support himself and Haley as well. Then she is pregnant and then he decides he might be in over his head. I mean come on, Nathan. You're delirious but not that stupid.

Quote:
Mouth and Gigi....I was wondering when Mouth was going to realize that he was planning to treat Gigi exactly like girls have treated him. Good for you, Mouth. I think these two will be adorable together.
They are just beyond cute together. Gigi is exactly the girl that Mouth needs in her life.

Little fact, the actress that plays Gigi is actually 16 years old so she's actually playing her age

Quote:
Peyton in Lucas's bed....adorable and sweet. Her real brother wrote the book on tough love. He is a marine....I know...but....a little warmth would be nice.
I did like what happened in the boxing ring...he allowed Peyton to let it all out...all of her anger....frustration....fear. That was just what she needed.
And...it was very sweet that he planned to guard her home that night. He does care.
Beautiful line: "She does have someone special in her life...you."
Imagine the world that the real Derek was dropped into. Being accused of stalking his half sister and doing all those other things. He was ripped out of his life, told he had a sister and then accused of stalking her. That would make anyone put a wall up

Quote:
Totally agree!! Where the hell is he?!?! No teenaged girl should spend so much time in her home alone and you're right..... What is the matter with the police???
Think Peyton really told her dad what was really going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle (View Post)
I find it a tad unrealistic that Nathan doesn't go to Deb for financial help. She has to have money. I know technically speaking he shouldn't go to mom and dad given that he divorced them and is married with a child on the way. But they do need help right now. You would think with all of their money, they put some money in an account for Nathan or something.
Considering Deb's pill addiction and her needing Rehab, I don't think she would be the best source to ask for money.

Quote:
Awe, poor Peyton after Derek told her he can't be there for her. But so cute that he's watching over her even if she doesn't know it. He also knows that his sister and Lucas are meant to be together, too.
Derek doesn't want Peyton to be that girl who feels like she needs someone to take care of her and Peyton wouldn't want that either. She's fierce and independent. Peyton needed to be strong for herself.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-12-2015, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I love the real Derek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
That is true. I see your point.

You're right. Dan would have been thrilled at this point. Well...as you have said..Nathan is not the brightest at times!
Nathan, at most, went to Deb after the Daunte situation was in play, not before when he really should have. Yes, she was hooked on drugs but she was also hooked on drugs when he asked her to attend his press conference. Even forgetting about Deb, Dan said no to him only because of the Duke situation. He had options. It still wasn't too late after he got involved with Daunte and he owed 15 grand. He didn't have to shave the points which is a felony, by the way:

Quote:
On 15 August 2007, an NBA referee, Tim Donaghy, pled guilty to two felonies related to wagering on games that he officiated
He was sentenced to prison for this. It's not to be taken lightly.

That's not totally it for me though... the storyline becomes very serious and that's my issue. It all could have been prevented.

Oh well, this storyline does finish up rather quickly... thankfully!

I'm starting 4.8 soon. I am not sure if it's happening now or after I get up. I've been up all night. Literally haven't slept at all. I had massive insomnia and couldn't go to sleep. So I might crash or watch now if I can stay up. We'll see!

Last edited by jediwands; 01-12-2015 at 07:24 AM
Old 01-12-2015, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Who in this show hasn't made a moronic mistake? Nathan did it because he felt he had to, others because they wanted, and more because they really were just stupid or hateful. They are teenagers after all. He knew he wouldn't get into Duke if they found out - he acknowledges that later - but to him it was still worth it because he needed to help his family. Dumb? Yes. Unforgivable? No.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My issue is what almost happens as a result of his "mistake" so I'm looking at what almost happened to his loved ones. I'm not sure any of the others have made mistakes that were almost this deadly.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on this. I am glad this storyline is almost over. It hurts my eyes.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

While I thought Nathan was being an idiot, I just couldn't hate him during this arc. I only started to actually ship naley after the reconciliation in S3. I was so invested in them being okay that I just wanted the storyline over with. But, lbr Nathan is a magnetic to over the top drama

Spoiler:
Old 01-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
While I thought Nathan was being an idiot, I just couldn't hate him during this arc. I only started to actually ship naley after the reconciliation in S3. I was so invested in them being okay that I just wanted the storyline over with. But, lbr Nathan is a magnetic to over the top drama

Spoiler:
I definitely don't hate him. I love the guy! I just can't make excuses for him in this case and blame how young he is. If that's the case, I'd keep harping on the fact that he has no business being married (twice) with a kid along the way. It was a huge mistake and he was trying to do the right thing... he just simply wasn't!

I want the storyline over with and fast.

Yes, so true about the over the top drama connected to Nathan. LOL
Old 01-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

I mean Peyton believed a random guy on her doorstep was her brother and he almost killed her. Lucas does something in a couple episodes that risks his own life for a not worthy enough cause in grand scheme of things, Rachel releases the time capsule that ultimately led to Jimmy coming into the school with the gun and shooting Peyton and himself before Dan shoots Keith, Rachel then drunkenly steals a limo and nearly kills herself, Nathan's uncle, and Nathan himself, (Lets be honest I could go on for days with Rachel alone), Keith chooses to drink before he drives himself and Lucas to pick up Karen at the airport almost killing Lucas, Deb chooses to take pills to keep her pain away and becomes a life-threatening addict......Moral of the story it's a teen soap opera and even the adults are making stupid mistakes.

I'm not saying I was sitting there rooting Nathan on, of course not. I was screaming don't do it you idiot! And I certainly don't like what resulted of it all. But at the same time I get why he felt that was his only option. I do wish he had gone back to his dad and explained the Dante thing one more time and tried it that way because then SURELY Dan would have helped but again not sure Nathan realized the severity of the situation. BTW I always wondered in this storyline why Karen didn't offer Haley a loan instead of just more hours of work? I get Karen isn't rich or anything but with TRIC and the diner I always figured she did okay for herself by this point in the show.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
I mean Peyton believed a random guy on her doorstep was her brother and he almost killed her. Lucas does something in a couple episodes that risks his own life for a not worthy enough cause in grand scheme of things, Rachel releases the time capsule that ultimately led to Jimmy coming into the school with the gun and shooting Peyton and himself before Dan shoots Keith, Rachel then drunkenly steals a limo and nearly kills herself, Nathan's uncle, and Nathan himself, (Lets be honest I could go on for days with Rachel alone), Keith chooses to drink before he drives himself and Lucas to pick up Karen at the airport almost killing Lucas, Deb chooses to take pills to keep her pain away and becomes a life-threatening addict......Moral of the story it's a teen soap opera and even the adults are making stupid mistakes.

I'm not saying I was sitting there rooting Nathan on, of course not. I was screaming don't do it you idiot! And I certainly don't like what resulted of it all. But at the same time I get why he felt that was his only option. I do wish he had gone back to his dad and explained the Dante thing one more time and tried it that way because then SURELY Dan would have helped but again not sure Nathan realized the severity of the situation. BTW I always wondered in this storyline why Karen didn't offer Haley a loan instead of just more hours of work? I get Karen isn't rich or anything but with TRIC and the diner I always figured she did okay for herself by this point in the show.
This is a teen soap, but what Nathan did was actually engage in criminal behaviour that landed others in jail. It was stupid and callous. Not the end of the world, but still worthy of being called out for. His heart was in the right place, but its not exactly comparable to Peyton's naivitee.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
this is a teen soap, but what nathan did was actually engage in criminal behaviour that landed others in jail. It was stupid and callous. Not the end of the world, but still worthy of being called out for. His heart was in the right place, but its not exactly comparable to peyton's naivitee.
Exactly right.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This is a teen soap, but what Nathan did was actually engage in criminal behaviour that landed others in jail. It was stupid and callous. Not the end of the world, but still worthy of being called out for. His heart was in the right place, but its not exactly comparable to Peyton's naivitee.
Of course not. They are on two different levels of dumb but lives were still endangered. I was just making the point that it's a teen soap and at some point everyone in this show is an idiot and does teenager type stuff.....heck it arguably gets worse after the jump!!! Oh how I'm not looking forward to much of that in the later years. Oy vey.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl08 (View Post)
Of course not. They are on two different levels of dumb but lives were still endangered. I was just making the point that it's a teen soap and at some point everyone in this show is an idiot and does teenager type stuff.....heck it arguably gets worse after the jump!!! Oh how I'm not looking forward to much of that in the later years. Oy vey.
I love the stuff after the jump. I don't take it too seriously tbh. Too many years watching daytime and seeing the stupidity that people engage in.

Oh btw, you guys should watch Chad on Agent Carter. His character is really great and on a superficial note he is looking good.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Master Fan

Moving on as none of us want to keep harping on the same thing any other discussions can go to PM.

I didn't get to post this as I was watching I don't think but Where the HELL was Peyton's dad during all of that? I mean okay he works away from home and she is allowed to live alone, that is far-fetched enough but the fact the show acted as if the police wouldn't have contacted him after the fake Derek incident? Come on. I know North Carolina laws can't be that lax.......
Old 01-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do wish he had gone back to his dad and explained the Dante thing one more time and tried it that way because then SURELY Dan would have helped but again not sure Nathan realized the severity of the situation.
This is the bottom line. If Nathan had gone to his dad to ask for the $15,000...it would be over.
Now...after watching episode 4.8...it's definitely not over and I am afraid to watch and see what happens as a result!
Old 01-12-2015, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
This is the bottom line. If Nathan had gone to his dad to ask for the $15,000...it would be over.
Now...after watching episode 4.8...it's definitely not over and I am afraid to watch and see what happens as a result!
He tried that and Dan denied it. I do think Dan would have given him the money had he gone back and said Dante is asking me to shave points.......but I think he was hurt and probably some pride got in the way and he thought to himself I just have to do this on my own without my Dad's help. When he did go to him again it was too little too late. Sad really.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I love the stuff after the jump. I don't take it too seriously tbh. Too many years watching daytime and seeing the stupidity that people engage in.

Oh btw, you guys should watch Chad on Agent Carter. His character is really great and on a superficial note he is looking good.
LOL He IS so damn good looking.

What is the show about? Is it a new show? I am clueless on any of the specifics!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread