Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

And that's ultimately why I hate this love triangle. As a result there are fans that hate Brooke, fans that hate Peyton and fans that dislike Lucas. Sorry for me this was the worst decision for this show because it divided the fan base in a way that there wasn't going back. We keep it civil and we still can't agree on this .

I said my opinion, no need to repeat myself. At least it looks like we are 3 to 3 so that is nice balance.

Anyway those are my thoughts about 1x11:

Wow at Deb and Dan arguing and not even seeing how this affects Nathan. I might be in the minority but I don't think that Deb is that good parent either. They both just suck as parents. They care who is right or wrong and who wins and not how Nathan feels.

Lucas is cute trying to defend Peyton . I found it funny.

I love how Lucas knew that the CD was from Peyton. Love that both have the same album and both thought of each other listening to the same songs.

Do you think that Brooke tries to get to know Lucas because deep down she is afraid that he and Peyton have more in common than she has with Lucas?

Dan is disgusting - Leave the good one? Wow seriously. I can't even. I get if Lucas was criminal, raper, murderer to say that. But Lucas and Nathan are kind of normal boys (both have faults obviously and are not perfect) but who is he to decide who is good and who is bad.

Haley throwing up at Dan's lap is definitely one of the funniest moments in Season 1 .

I like how Peyton told Brooke to stop asking her for advice about Lucas . See this is what I've been talking about. Peyton had to tell off Brooke more often in Season 1.

Cute that Nathan cares about the real Haley who is not party animal like him. A bit unrealistic I think, but what can I do. I just didn't buy out of nowhere this sweet sweet Nathan having in mind who he was before, but yeah anyway.

Lucas cares more about Peyton and to tell her dad to not take the long term job than about Brooke having doubts about their relationship.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I can't care about Brooke. Karma is a bitch davis
Haha.

Couldn't. Agree. More.

Triangle was annoying but never threatening as a Lucas/Peyton fan. Couldn't even care less that it divided the fanbase. The Lucas/Peyton story was established in The Pilot and they were always THE pairing destined for endgame.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

Triangle was annoying but never threatening as a Lucas/Peyton fan. Couldn't even care less that it divided the fanbase. The Lucas/Peyton story was established in The Pilot and they were always THE pairing destined for endgame.
I know that it sounds super super weird and crazy, but for me the fans wars mattered. I just sensed the bad energy and it annoyed me to no end. I know that it sounds ridiculous, but it just did. It's one of the reasons why I didn't want to post in a forum about this show. I just didn't want to read about that and I had no desire reading numerous fights over the same thing over and over again. It was just boringly annoying. And because I know that the writers are to blame for that I then had problems with them.

So yeah it wasn't about the numbers of fans that wanted some couple. I didn't like it because it just changes the atmosphere of the show and the forums. I know I'm weirdo .
Old 10-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

That's not weird at all. It sucks when a show prompts such a war between fans, much less hate. It's a tv show after all.

The fact OTH did that so powerfully though is why it stayed on the air so long. Call OTH fans crazy but they are passionate and it kept it rolling along for years.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

The triangle (especially in S1) was definitely never threatening to Lucas/Peyton. What did Brooke & Lucas date for like 2-3 episodes?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
The triangle (especially in S1) was definitely never threatening to Lucas/Peyton. What did Brooke & Lucas date for like 2-3 episodes?
Yeah S1 Brooke/Lucas was never believable as anything really because Peyton was always in the background. Which makes the later Brucas interaction all the more random but I digress.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 10-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

To be honest I watched OTH for month or so and then stopped so yeah for me those fan wars were one of the deal beakers. I started watching it once Season 4 was finished in the pause between 4 and 5. I watched the whole 4 seasons (loved the season 4 finale) and then started watching Season 5 in real time. I didn't like Season 5 so at some point I just stopped watching. So they had me for a fan like 2 months .
Old 10-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
I know that it sounds super super weird and crazy, but for me the fans wars mattered. I just sensed the bad energy and it annoyed me to no end. I know that it sounds ridiculous, but it just did. It's one of the reasons why I didn't want to post in a forum about this show. I just didn't want to read about that and I had no desire reading numerous fights over the same thing over and over again. It was just boringly annoying. And because I know that the writers are to blame for that I then had problems with them.

So yeah it wasn't about the numbers of fans that wanted some couple. I didn't like it because it just changes the atmosphere of the show and the forums. I know I'm weirdo .
I got super lucky. I was a part of the fandom in season 1. However, once I saw that there were fans of Brooke and Brooke/Lucas, I rolled my eyes so severely I had to get out. I couldn't imagine anyone liking Brooke in season 1. I still don't!!!! Look at Betty's reaction to Brooke. I feel like that's the common reaction. When I saw some people actually blaming Peyton in season 1 and with their sick Seyton nickname I was out. Ironically, the poster who came up with that nickname was banned. In fact, three Brooke/Lucas fans were so nasty they were banned over a span of one year.

So when I saw the reaction I was out. I dealt with the Dawson's Creek fandom and just couldn't with One Tree Hill. Dawson's Creek fandom in my opinion had five times the maturity, too.

Anyway, I stopped posting on the One Tree Hill forum and blocked everything out. Two of my Cleveland friends watched so we would do our own group watching and discussion.

Thus, I really don't know much about the fan wars outside of season 1. I think I made a smart choice. Lol
Old 10-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I wasn't threatened by Lucas/Brooke throughout the entire series.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Spoiler:
I remember now!
Spoiler:
Old 10-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

I think that at some point I stopped caring. Now when I do rewatch (outside of this here in the forum) I watch only Naley scenes (separate or together) and fast forward everything else.

It was nice when I had some spare time and had nothing else to watch, but then in retrospect I realized that there were certain things I had problem with which is why ultimately I stopped watching.

Michelle since I started later I kind of had overview of the whole first 4 seasons and the forum posts so yeah I kind of got what was going on. Just like you I decided to stay out of it, but in order to do that I stopped caring who Lucas will end up with. I was just like whatever. I didn't want to think about it and I didn't want to invest my time in it, because I dislike when writers try to play on the fans hate and wars. I feel lied, cheated and manipulated and I kind of hate that so I just skipped the whole idea and focused myself only on Naley. Because as you know I never watch a show before reading the forums at first. So I knew about the wars even beforehand which just complicated things even more.

Yep Jaimie that is correct.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wasn't threatened by Lucas/Brooke throughout the entire series.
Fair enough, but didn't you say you missed a lot of S3?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I read every transcript I missed when I didn't watch.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I read every transcript I missed when I didn't watch.
Interesting that you read them. I know that you will be rolling your eyes at some things in Season 3. Do you plan to watch it now even though you will be annoyed?