Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2014, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Tftnt
Betty fun fact: mark guest stars as a minor character called max
another fun fact: Mark was the voice of Fall out Boy's Tour manager in Season 3 when they called to invite the group to a tour show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Chad wrote the '30s episode! That was in S6.
I'm not a fan of Chad....but that episode was amazing. He put so many favorite oments into one episode that captured the fans hearts. And even a moment that was originally cut from the show that every fan knew about but never saw until then.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

It's pretty impressive that Chad wrote that episode. Typically you don't see young actors both acting and writing an episode. Sometimes they will also produce/direct but it's very unique seeing the combination of acting/writing an episode for a TV series. Very cool.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kind of wanted him to write future episodes that didn't focus one idea
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 09-25-2014, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I really enjoyed the 30s episode, but I really like that era
Old 09-25-2014, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Me too.

Where is everyone with the rewatch?
Old 09-25-2014, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Me too.

Where is everyone with the rewatch?
I am going to watch and comment on episode 6 today (it's been 2 days) and also because I will be away for the weekend and won't have any other time to do it.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
I am going to watch and comment on episode 6 today (it's been 2 days) and also because I will be away for the weekend and won't have any other time to do it.
Sounds good!

I walked into my sisters today and my older niece was watching OTH on Netflix. She was watching the episode
Spoiler:

Last edited by jediwands; 09-25-2014 at 05:47 AM
Old 09-25-2014, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I changed the title to episode 6.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode 1:6

When the episode started...I thought I had missed something and had skipped a previous episode. Oh! 12 hours earlier!! lol

My goodness...the kids in this town really drive recklessly! If their parents only knew!

Brooke can really be a flake at times.

"Beware of crazy ladies who talk to dresses." LOL
Oh....that WAS a date....

All that school bus needed was Harold and his show tunes..

Only on TV would a coach get away with kicking 2 players out of the bus. He is totally responsible to them until they reach the school. Whitey is very very lucky that Nathan and Lucas were not hurt by those creeps and made it home safely or we'd be looking at a huge lawsuit!

I felt like I was watching a clip from Deliverance. Especially when they said, "Drop your pants." Those guys are creepy.

Lucas giving Nathan his sweatshirt......

Dan gets worse and worse. He embarrasses himself and his family every chance he gets! What an obnoxious creep!

Brooke needs to take pain medication more often. She is actually sweet and funny. "Answer the question, Brooke..."
But....when the medicine wears off...she shows her true colors. I believed Brooke to not be so bad...but...she is. She is just as bad as Paige and Kayla. A snob.

Peyton is pretty funny, too. "Had a lot of practice?"
"You're like the fourth Charlie's Angel."

Closing scene between Karen and Keith....super sweet. How is Karen going to react to the "I love you." ?

Question: Why is Brooke okay with Lucas but not Haley?

Question: Why is Peyton not giving Haley another look in the light of day after such a wonderful/fun bonding experience the night before?

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 09-25-2014 at 06:51 AM
Old 09-25-2014, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

1x06

I’ve never been a fan of episodes that show you the ending then flash back myself….same reason I typically hate watching a movie more than once. If I know the ending what’s the point? But OTH is one of few exceptions (I am doing a rewatch afterall).

What the hell is going on? Haha Brooke pretty much what all the viewers were thinking too.

Aww mix tapes. “Does this mean we are dating?” Bahahahahaa awwww

48 hours without basketball for Dan? And people say One Tree Hill wasn’t a comedy.

Aww Luke “I would be alright with it.” (To his mom about Lucas seems to be in a better place this episode with every phase of his life.

Meanwhile Peyton is somehow the one apologizing for last week and not Brooke……oh Brookey Brooke wake up.

“Where the Pirates always suck and the livestock is nervous.” I love you Mouth.

Don’t encourage her Peyton…..she is only going to wait so long.

“Love……rectangle plus one whatever that is” This episode has such a different tone than the first five. A comedic one.

Oh and then a fight. So much for that. I love Whitey just leaving them in the middle of nowhere….if he did that now a days he would be fired.

“What is you name?” “ I don’t like that name……let’s call you Brooke.”

Pet peeve….there is no way Nathan or Lucas would still be wearing their basketball shoes away from the court just saying. Rant over, back to admiring them shirtless again.

Can Brooke please be high on pain killers every episode. Tears people tears.

A free chance to fight and they end up using it as a way to trick the hicks. The whole nothing brings people together more than a common enemy theory at work.

Peyton is so mature. Love her, and love the budding Haley Peyton friendship.

There’s a bit of an answer to your question about Deb and Dan Betty.

Look at Luke giving his brother his pull over. Dare I say they are actually getting along…….

“Had a lot of practice?….”

Nathan’s little league story.

“Fighting with his brother, wonder where he gets that from?” oh the irony.

Aww Keith. Talk about dropping a bombshell on her.

Brooke getting all jealous of Peyton and Haley. Come on don’t ruin the good mojo.

And then the moment was gone…..

Love the ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Episode 1:6

All that school bus needed was Harold and his show tunes..
Haha I was thinking the same thing!

Quote:
Only on TV would a coach get away with kicking 2 players out of the bus. He is totally responsible to them until they reach the school. Whitey is very very lucky that Nathan and Lucas were not hurt by those creeps and made it home safely or we'd be looking at a huge lawsuit!
Definitely no way that would fly now a days. I will say my coach one time stopped out bus 5 miles from home after a bad game and made us run back to the school. We deserved it though, I was only a freshman at the time but if I didn't already understand how serious our town took girls bball I did after that night. Not a single parent complained, in fact they applauded the coach because they knew we deserved it.

Quote:
Brooke needs to take pain medication more often. She is actually sweet and funny. "Answer the question, Brooke..."
But....when the medicine wears off...she shows her true colors. I believed Brooke to not be so bad...but...she is. She is just as bad as Paige and Kayla. A snob.
Like I said above, can see be high on pain killers all the time?!

Quote:
Lucas she is attracted to, Haley is someone who is close with Lucas so she is a threat.

Quote:
Question: Why is Peyton not giving Haley another look in the light of day after such a wonderful/fun bonding experience the night before?
Oh high school right? Even for as mature as Peyton she gets caught up in the cliches to at times.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I think this is my favorite episode of season 1. It's so well written and acted.

The two main things I love:

1. The bonding of Nathan/Lucas
2. The bonding of Peyton/Haley

Everything else is sort of there in the background but the main theme is clearly those two dynamics. Brooke is inserted in there for comic relief.

I remember when I first watched this episode. I was so happy to see Nathan/Lucas finally accepting each other. I equally enjoyed the Peyton/Haley interaction. You can see Peyton's beautiful heart in this episode. Look at how she interacts with Haley versus Brooke. The popularity stuff doesn't matter to Peyton whereas Brooke is so caught up in it. It's interesting to note the difference. Haley thinks Brooke's pretty much a joke at this point even if this episode eventually helps things along.

- I love seeing Haley and Peyton laughing together in the car. I love how they laugh together at Brooke and even instigate Brooke getting more annoyed. LOL

- How cute is Haley air drumming in the car? Haha that was so great.

- Peyton gave Lucas a mix!

Lucas: Does this mean we're dating?

Awe!

- Nathan asking Haley to go to the away game was absolutely adorable.

Seriously, back to back scenes with Lucas/Peyton and Nathan/Haley? I will take it.

- Notice that Brooke STILL thinks Peyton yelled at Brooke at school because she broke up with Nathan, she had no idea it was because of Peyton's mother. Wow, just wow. Peyton even apologizes! The very fact that Peyton doesn't fill her in proves Peyton doesn't feel Brooke is capable of being there for her emotionally. That's okay... Peyton had Lucas and Whitey.

- I remember our first away game in soccer, then basketball on the bus... my coaches weren't that strict like Whitey is (haha) but then again we were girls and were more low key anyway. Basically we just thought about the game and even did a little homework. Whatever, as long as we were calm and relaxed.

- Lucas reading his literature while listening to Peyton's mix is adorable.

- I love how both Peyton and Lucas are so artistic, they have such creative, brilliant minds. I love how perfectly matched up they are in this way.

- Mouth commentating is outstanding... I love how Haley wants no part of it, though.

- Brooke's Nathan gave Haley the nod is super funny as well the rectangle plus one. LOL But she is right. Nathan totally gave Haley the nod.

- I love the barbs Nathan and Lucas exchange. They really know how to get under each other’s skin. Whitey’s is by far the best though. “I don’t give diddlee-squat about your issues with your daddy or your girlfriends.”

- Heh, go Whitey!

- Lucas telling Peyton about the shower bit was about as good as it gets though.

- Brooke, to the trainer dude about Peyton: This is my best friend in the whole wide world, don't you think she's pretty?

Peyton to the trainer dude: What is this?

- “Let’s call you Brooke.” “Answer the question Brooke!”

- Notice Peyton told Haley not to touch the stereo and two seconds later Peyton's telling Haley she picks what's next for music. A subtle little thing in there showing the evolution of Peyton/Haley. Also, Peyton once again telling Haley to be careful with Nathan. Peyton hardly even knows Haley yet and she's still looking out for her. I also love how Peyton goes with Haley to get gas.

- Dan is such an a$$.

- Love the Peyton/Haley talk as they're walking... Peyton has it right... Nathan is really threatened by Lucas. I also love how Peyton told Haley even if it's weird with Lucas she has right to follow her heart. You can tell how both Peyton and Haley know they like the boys. It's so awesome.

- Peyton to Haley: Dude, who knew you were like the fourth Charles Angel?

Awesome.

- I love how Lucas gave Nathan his hoodie.

- That story Nathan tells about Dan kicking him on the pitcher’s mound is horrible. Poor kid. No wonder he’s such a bully.

- I love Haley telling Peyton that Lucas cares about her. Haley gets it... it's Lucas and Peyton, not Lucas and Brooke.

- The Keith to Karen ILY. Awe.

- I hated how Brooke tells Peyton and Haley they are delusional if they think they will be friends after this. What a pathetic, snobbish, disgusting thing to say. My heart sunk for Haley when she sees Peyton and Brooke at school and believes that Brooke was right about her and Peyton not being friends.

I really liked this episode! I enjoyed it as much now as I did when I watched it a couple times back in the day.

Last edited by jediwands; 09-02-2017 at 04:17 PM
Old 09-25-2014, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I know it. My basketball coach in particular was tough but he'd never get away with that either. Huge lawsuit if they got hurt.

Quote:
I know, right? Ugh.

Quote:
He's the jock who scored the winning basket in that past game and he's hot. It's all about status for Brooke. She waited for him half naked in his car right after that game, too.

Quote:
She lingered, she was conflicted, but she was also with other friends too. You could tell Peyton wanted to go talk to Haley. You already know Peyton is not like the rest of her group and never will be.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

I LOVE 106! Too bad I'm so busy lately. I'll get to these eps.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
I LOVE 106! Too bad I'm so busy lately. I'll get to these eps.
I know! I had so much fun watching it just now. I can't wait for your thoughts!
Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

I just wish I could watch at work. I'm less busy at work than outside of work at the moment. I've watched two episodes of TV this week (1 Parks & Rec and 1 New Girl) and MNF and that's it.

But yeah- 106 is so great! Absolutely love the Lucas/Nathan moments.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread