Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2015, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
Have we seen Quinn work on her gallery at all?
I have no idea where the gallery went. It's gone in season 8!
Old 05-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Well, people are mad about it becoming the Brooke show:

Quote:
Brooke getting a bit of happiness? It has become Brooke's show. I mean, it was supposed to be haley's baby shower, it turns out to be Brooke's celebration... I'm usually not like this, but no PLEASE STOP.
Quote:
I totally agree with you. It's really not fair that in last season everything seems to be about Brooke. She is not the only one with fans!

Episode was one of the better from this season, still too much Brooke and BJu but at least other characters (and some certain couple) had some things just about them too.
Quote:
IKR?

Whenever the other characters had things on in past seasons, Brooke was never ignored. Now everything revolves around Brooke's drama 99% of the time...we couldn't even get a breather in Haley's baby shower and once again for the 481502th time this season, Haley had to make a speech about how wonderful Brooke is with the writers needing to recton to prop her up...I mean really, since when is Brooke the only one Haley trusts with Jamie? How about Skills, Quinn, Lucas? She sent Jamie in a car with Lauren on a stormy night for crying out loud! She obvs even trusts him with Lauren! Urgh, enough already we get it...how about having Brooke return the favour huh? But oh no that would mean Brooke would have to stop talking about herself for 5 seconds & we all know how much Brooke thinks the world revolves around her.
And Brooke is her best friend? I mean okay, but no. LUCAS. LUCAS EUGENE SCOTT IS. LUCAS IS HER ONLY ONE. Damn, it's not pbecause he went away that he should be left. (even Nathan remembers him!).

I'm happy, I'm truly for Brooke, but it's time to realize that yes she got the boy, and the baby, and the sex. because let's face it, two episodes in a row having to slap each other butt, let' ready and do it on the floor, on the bar and everywhere else is leading to something....
Quote:
but really, what is the point of the constant sex scenes with BJu? It;s not like it's a normal thing for OTH couples, in a single ep they had more sex/makeout scenes than every other couple throughout the last 7 seasons
I think the writers honestly just want to write as little dialogue as possible so they're like [insert sex scene here] ah ok! That'll fill up a few mins of airtime!
Quote:
I love Brooke and all, but COME ON, this is getting to be too much. LUCAS is Haley's bestfriend. The one she can trust with everything and anything. Nothing will say otherwise. Not even if the show continues to praise Brooke like they have.
Quote:
THANK YOU! I know you guys have probably heard this a thousand times but here's a thousand and one. I HATE that they try to replace Brooke/Peyton and Lucas/Haley friendships with Brooke/Haley. It's not that I don't like their friendship because I do but it just seems... fake?
_____
Quote:
agreed.

when did OTH become Brooke's show. im all for her being happy and stuff but it doesnt all need to focus on her drama.

and a mention of old friendships without having a dig at them wouldnt go a miss either.
^^^ I couldn't agree more with all of these people.

Brooke cries or reacts in some strong way in practically every episode, she steals scenes from Haley, the Brooke/Julian sex/relationship is 90% physical, 10% other and it's gross.

Not only did we have to endure Haley acting like her entire high school experience was yearning to be close to Brooke ( I can't get over that!) but now the past friendships of Lucas/Haley and Peyton/Brooke are being crushed in favor of this Brooke/Haley friendship that is choppy at best and doesn't hold a candle to what those other two friendships are all about.

Whatever. Please series, end. On that note, in order to make it happen I need to start watching more again because the sooner I get through this, the sooner I will be done!

*chants, "the series ended right when the credits rolled for the finale of 6*
Old 05-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

When I look at once again, Nathan and Clay together in another episode attached it makes me sick. We NEVER received Nathan/Lucas scenes like this. The disgusting fact is probably in one season of Nathan/Clay they have as many scenes as Lucas/Nathan had in SIX seasons and it pisses me off.

Zero interest in that client Nathan and Clay are trying to sign on who is the son of Nathan's professor. Who cares, not me.

Mouth is so selfless... he ruins his career sticking up for Nathan then Millie gets the reporting job instead of him and he still supports her saying to take it for the green pistachio muffins. lol Dude can't catch a break but he still hangs in there and remains positive. When I think about how Nathan took his back injury out on everyone, including his wife and son, being so angry and mean, getting in that weird situation with a psychotic nanny, I am reminded of how opposite it is to what Mouth's all about. Granted, Mouth can annoy me but his good traits are beautiful. Awe and he wrote a few stories for Millie, too. What a great guy.

Horrible singing for the opening as usual. I mean, the dude has a good voice but not going with the original theme song is ridiculous.

Okay, Julian is American and he didn't know that baseball had innings and he thought there was a halftime? Right.

I liked the Haley/Quinn scene when Haley told her about naming the baby Lydia. Very sweet. I actually don't mind Quinn when it's sister scenes and even Quinn and Alex on their own. But get Quinn around Clay and just noooooooooooooooooooooo.

Julian eating ice cream with Madison, Jamie and Chuck was hilarious.

Wow, Brooke really does steal the show during Haley's baby shower. Hate this.

This is so lame because Brooke should have told everyone that the woman they were possibly adopting from was there and it wasn't just a friend. Then losing her company, Millie doing coke, Victoria being in prison wouldn't have come up!

Haley had to prop Brooke AT HER OWN BABY SHOWER. Sorry, as a Haley fan that is unacceptable to me. I am not happy with this at all. Haley calling Brooke her best friend like that and not Lucas is also just wrong. Have Haley and Brooke grown closer? Certainly, they are good friends but no way on the planet does the real Haley consider Brooke her best friend. That label belongs to Lucas and I don't give a s$it if Lucas is not physically around right now. Haley knows the ONLY person on earth she feels the most comfortable with to pour her heart out is only Lucas, no one else!

Sweet Naley scene when they discuss Lydia and I think Jana's singing during this episode, but I'm not sure. I believe so.

Jamie's so cute in his baseball jersey.

Quinn and Clay found the place they were supposedly at when they were in comas... fun times...
Old 05-31-2015, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Once again, people are very upset over the current storylines, Clay stealing scenes between Nathan/Haley, and how horrible this show is without Lucas/Peyton... oh and this episode was extra good because now Brooke's using words to describe Peyton in the past. So fun!

Quote:
Brooke/Julian = blah, blah, blah, sex, sex, sex, child, child, child. Whatever I am so over them GTHO. I miss old Brooke What have they done to you, bb
Quote:
Nathan and Clay have gotten way to many scenes lately and Clay is stealing Nathan away from his wife... maybe these two should shack. I mean the writers obviously LOVE them together
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
This whole series should have ended at season 6.
In my mind, it did. Just like The OC died with Marissa Cooper. OTH left with LP.
Quote:
She HAD a best friend called Peyton. LOL So not anymore?

WTF was that???

People want a S9? Seriously? This show has to DIE like NOW.

Thank the lord for S4's ending when Haley had her speech and went into labour and the epic NH, because if this had been the only scene of Haley saying "it's time" I would have cried.

Once again OTH has proved that you need to be careful what you wish for. This time last year I was sad Clay wasn't having scenes with Nathan, now I want him to go away, far, far, far, far away.

Even those who are not NH fans have to admit this is ridic. Even the one NH scene was so lame, even when Haley said the baby was coming...didn't Nathan look so excited! Wow, he looked so happy..except not. He looked like Haley had said, time to drop me off at the hair salon so I can get my hair done.

Julian's reaction was more interesting, heck so was Clay's.

What have they done to Nathan?

In S4 we had the song "times like these" when Haley went into labour, this season it's a food song...wth? That song and the blatant marketing was worse than S3's sunkist and totally ruined the moment. A moment that us NH fans have been waiting for was turned into a commercial for pastry!!!!!!

Naley's second child was a prop for freaking pastry!!!! The scene couldn't even be a cute HQ scene because of the DAMN PASTRY!!!!

Everything else? DO.NOT.CARE.
Quote:
Alex continues to be the only likable new character, and they continue to underuse her and stick her with the worst characters.
Quote:
I went back and watched the Brooke scenes on YouTube. I had to rewind to make sure I heard correctly when she said she HAD a FRIEND, Peyton. How is it that Haley has somehow managed to retain her friendship with Lucas, but BP couldn't be treated with the same respect?
Quote:
Would it have been a real big deal for the writers, which in this case was Mark, to write "have" instead of "had", such a small word can change the whole meaning of a sentence. He needs to stop his personal feelings, friends, acquaintances get in the way of story line and continuity. Every Tom, Dick and Harry he meets gets a guest spot on his show and a story line to boot. I bet he is a little hurt that both Chad and Hilarie weren't eager to come back.
Quote:
Honestly the whole "OTH is just being realistic by having BP grow apart" argument is kind of laughable to me. OTH is hardly ever "realistic" and we know this. So now they want to be "realistic" in the eighth season. Umm...okay. This is a television show (not real life) and for roughly six seasons BP have been shown to be best friends. It's one thing to say that Peyton isn't here anymore and I'm sad, yada yada, but to try and tear Peyton and BP down after everything they've been through together and overcome is just weak. So you're telling me that they can survive life and death situations, boy drama, sad childhoods, etc, but they can't survive a 1 to 2 year absence in each others lives? Lame. Someone needs to get over themselves and their personal vendettas, and instead of tearing down past characters, they need to focus on ending this fail of a show properly.
Quote:
Totally agree! Weren't they apart longer than that when Peyton was in LA and Brooke was in NY in between seasons 4 and 5? Again they might not talk every day or have the same bond, but to use a past tense when referring to her as a friend is just ridiculous. You don't just write somebody off like that just because they couldn't make it to your wedding. Doesn't say much for Brookes character either holding a grudge like that.
Quote:
I don't know how much time has elapsed since the end of S6 (i'm assuming no more than 2 years) and as a BP fan, with everything I've been shown regarding their friendship for 6 seasons, it's just incredibly unrealistic for them to "grow apart" in that way. Non BP fans will see it another way for whatever reasons. The "of course they would grow apart...it's realistic...it happens in real life" argument just doesn't work for me because...it isn't real life and BP were not portrayed to have an "ordinary/real life" friendship, whatever that is. So the whole thing sounds ridiculous and pretty far-fetched to me. I just don't think it's as simple as "all childhood friendships don't last forever" because BP weren't just a childhood friendship. Their close friendship extended well into early adulthood, yet they're making it seem like Peyton's been MIA for over a decade. But whatever this is OTH.
It was only after Hilarie didn't come back for the wedding that all of the Peyton bashing and tearing down of BP began, which seems very deliberate. They did not have to use the excuse of Sawyer being sick to explain Leyton & Sawyer not being at the wedding, they could've come up with something far more believable to keep continity, including the BP friendship, intact, but it seems Mark did this out of spite and has been trying to stick it to Peyton and the BP friendship ever since.
==========

We are essentially being manipulated by Mark in seasons 7/8. He was the one who failed with Chad and Hilarie and the entire drama that went on and then because he didn't get his way which was having them back on the screen he pouts and assassinates their characters in the remaining seasons but he's too ridiculous to realize he's killing his own work... his own blood, sweat and tears are being massacred because he's upset.

It's just sad.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
I have no idea where the gallery went. It's gone in season 8!
That is really silly.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Obviously they're promoting toaster pastry in this episode.

Wow this intro is badddddddddddddddddd. Make it stop.

What a shock, ANOTHER Nathan/Clay scene.

Mouth and Millie are cute. They have chemistry and I'd prefer watching them over Quinn/Clay and Clay/Nathan any time of the day. Thanks.

I am all for guys who are not super masculine but the way Mark's depicting Julian is just... wow. It's like he lost his downstairs and doesn't have a pair anymore! It's like he's Brooke's little puppy dog... it feels weird and uncomfortable. Julian was never like this with Peyton or at the beginning of his relationship with Brooke. He had a cockiness about him but in an endearing way, he was a creative intellectual that had influence. Now he's like this little puppy dog who chases around butterflies and passes out and it's very strange.

Haley's almost ready to pop and Nathan's time is dedicated to Clay and the agent stuff... ridiculous.

Nathan's classmate definitely found Alex hot.

Brooke: I had a friend named Peyton... <

Chase figuring out Chuck needed glasses was smart.

Oh gross Ian and Alex... no Alex, no! You're hot, he's ugly and he sucks in general. No!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY Alex deleted his text.

Hmm, so Ian was the one who caused the accident.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That is really silly.
I know! What makes it even more ridiculous is that's something her mother gave her... her mother, who died of a horrible terminal illness, paid six months rent on the gallery... that's a lot of money! So that gallery was tied to Quinn's mother and it's just... no longer a priority anymore? Whatever. Wow.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

I am all for guys who are not super masculine but the way Mark's depicting Julian is just... wow. It's like he lost his downstairs and doesn't have a pair anymore! It's like he's Brooke's little puppy dog... it feels weird and uncomfortable. Julian was never like this with Peyton or at the beginning of his relationship with Brooke. He had a cockiness about him but in an endearing way, he was a creative intellectual that had influence. Now he's like this little puppy dog who chases around butterflies and passes out and it's very strange.
RIGHT?! Ugh..this bothered me so much.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

"Oh I almost forgot. Skills punched out Melvin." Alex is cute

Grubbs/Miranda, does anyone care? :\ They don't even interact with anyone else anymore and they randomly pop up.

Josh is gay? I forgot that. Looks like Alex will be able to get herself out of this one easier than paying $1 million.

Nathan can't tell that Haley is really hurting?

So where is Millie staying?

Katie knocking down Clay's picture what is happening

Haley telling Nathan she wants to be alone is so heartbreaking.

Brooke's unwrap party

Yikes, Haley setting her piano on fire. So sad. Nathan must be so confused as to what he can do.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Loved the flashbacks. The best part of the episode.

The eating six crackers in a minute thing had me in tears... Jamie's "Oh my gosh, this is hard" and the cracker dust flying out of their mouths was epic.

I like the Quinn and Jamie scene. She calmed his nerves. I hate Quinn around Clay in a dramatic way... but when Quinn is around Haley or Jamie I like her because she belongs... she's Haley's sister and Jamie's aunt.

But yes, Quinn's also a lot happier this season at least. Last season she was like this self centered zombie.

I noticed the same doctor was in the flashbacks and present too. I know Tree Hill is a smaller town but that's a bit ridiculous. LOL

Jamie checking on the babies reporting statistics is cute. I also love the Nathan/Jamie scene in the hospital chapel.

I love how they all concluded that Haley's a strong woman and total bada$$ because she is and she rocks as a result. LOL

Poor Brooke. I knew the second they checked in on her she was going to keep her baby, I knew it. It sucks so much but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) this does happen. What a heartbreaking situation though. Angie, Sam, and now this.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-01-2015 at 03:48 AM
Old 05-31-2015, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
RIGHT?! Ugh..this bothered me so much.
I seriously get such an uncomfortable feeling when I view these scenes. It kind of reminds me of Brooke being his mother and he's this little geeky boy and they have this weird attachment. LOL It weirds me out! When they're at the hospital waiting on their possible baby (which never happened of course) and Haley giving birth he literally looks like a little boy asking for a treat at the hospital but he needed Brooke's approval and when she tells him they'll go get one he's all happy... It was so weird.

Wow, you mentioned he changed and now I know what you meant! I still like Julian and overall I like Brooke and Julian when they're not having sex every two seconds but his personality has to man up, for real. I think back to how he was in the flashback scenes with Peyton in LA and you can hardly believe he's the same person.

He kind of reminds me of a non-violent form of Norman Bates from Psycho having an attachment to his mom which caused him to act like a puppy dog little boy as an adult.

No, just no!
Old 05-31-2015, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

"But it's not okay. Once you know that, there's no going back." Poor Haley.

They use last names on this show too much. Enough.

Chase/Alex...the beginning?

Katie is so creepy. I wish there was an explanation.

Nathan is being the best he can be. I feel bad for him too. "You're right. It's a perfect day for a walk."

Mia shows up after breaking up with him?

Quinn is probably most tolerable when with Jamie for me.

Julian/Alex have lots of sweet scenes now.

Clay/Katie so weird!! I hated this storyline so much first time around and I still hate it. It doesn't make any sense. They don't explain why Katie is obsessed with Clay.

Quinn/Nathan listening to Lydia's voicemails
Old 05-31-2015, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

Michelle, I'm so glad you are feeling what I felt with Julian. I REALLY hate that they did that to his character, because I used to love him. And yes, I think back to his flashbacks with Peyton and beginning of Brooke.. sooooo different, they changed him so much.

The NH rain flashbacks! I just wish it wasn't at such a sad moment.

Clay/Quinn in bed gross

Sad to see Haley watching the snow fight from inside.

Cut to Brooke & Julian in the hot tub. Shocking

NATHAN SCOTT The perfect human being. Unreal.

Skills wore that big coat to the premiere

Cute Jamie/Julian interactions during the movie

Brooke going to join Haley in the snow fort/igloo was really sweet. Need more of that.

Alex supporting Josh just proves how great of person she is

Julian proposes

I wanna go sledding!!! I'm glad Haley is starting to feel better.

Of course Mia texts Chase the second after Alex kisses him

Haley's preg.

Are Clay & Quinn about to get shot? Yep! Wild. Ridiculous.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I want to eat this thread and start a new one!
Old 06-01-2015, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

My Capricorn goal was to finish season 8 before 6.1 of Pretty Little Liars which is tomorrow night and I just might do it! I have four episodes left of season 8!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread