Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
I know losing Lucas and Peyton is really sad. But Season 9 is amazing. We definitely have to do Season 9, there are so many throwback things (minus a few) that are really amazing to watch. They really went all out in Season 9. I think a lot of things can be filled in from missing Seasons 7 and 8 because honestly, I thought Season 8 was boring as hell
So what you're saying is you are not going to watch seasons 7 and 8 and skip to season 9?
Old 04-21-2015, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sure. I mean the start of Season 7 wasn't bad, I mean it's okay. But I feel like they tried to hard. With Clay being Nathan's manager and trying to fill that void that Nathan needed a brother to talk to. And then Quinn being this awkward, new version of Haley. It just didn't work. By Season 8, I was still wondering why OTH was still on. When Season 9 got renewed, I was floored and disgusted. I mean ho much more could he run the characters into the ground by that point.

BUT, Season 9 surprised me. 13 episodes was enough Whatever everyone wants to do is fine with me, that's just my take on it
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-21-2015, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well...since I have never watched this show...I am willing to be disgusted a little and see the whole thing through. I can't imagine there will not be some nice episodes along the way...so...I'm staying in.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

then I'll stay with you. I might have a different take on it seeing it for the second time around and having different discussions with it
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-21-2015, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulfilledღ (View Post)
then I'll stay with you. I might have a different take on it seeing it for the second time around and having different discussions with it
That would be super, Patricia!!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was going from Season 6 being PERFECT to Season 7 being nothing I would expect. So I think that's why I thought it was a letdown because I had just watched six seasons, of what I call, magic. So I know what to expect now, so, yeah

Chad and Hilarie were the last scene of the last day of filming...they even left together

{EphramAmy}
patricia

Last edited by break the window; 04-21-2015 at 09:53 PM
Old 04-22-2015, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
The one thing that made the video so hard to watch was that Peyton was okay. She had everything she wanted. She was gonna be marry Lucas. She was going to be Peyton Elizabeth SCOTT. I mean that name still gives me chills. Peyton Scott, there is just no other name like it And with ALL OF THAT and that life they're gonna have together, she was ready. She was ready to have this baby and that would be her final gift to Lucas. If this was her fate, she was going to accept it with pure grace. Peyton just wanted Lucas to be okay. That was so hard for Lucas. Lucas always knew he could save Peyton and everything would be okay. This was ONE THING that Lucas could not save her from, and it's not just her cannot save. it's THEIR BABY...their daughter. They're precious pride and joy created out of love and emotion that just cannot be explained. I think that's what killed Lucas the most. Everything that Peyton's ever wanted, which isn't much and she has to come to a reality that she may not have it. Lucas' life is not complete without Peyton in it. He couldn't take care of a daughter on his own, he wouldn't want to. Nothing would ever be the same. I can't imagine him going life alone not only not having Peyton there to witness their daughter grow up, but to also not have Peyton to just cling to when things are really messy, which they're gonna be. I mean think about all the boys that are gonna gravitate towards her. If she's anything like her dad, there's gonna be major trouble lol
Excellent thoughts. You word things so beautifully, Patricia.

Quote:
Real friendships are never black and white or cut and dry. They are messy and messy no matter how many times you clean everything up. But that's life. There's always been someone there to guide each other, even when things got bad. Brooke even went to Peyton in Season 1 with the pregnancy scare even though they were at odds. That says something. I'm not a fan of Brooke...per say...but I'm a fan of their friendship, if that makes any sense. They have always found a way to come together.
That's precisely how I feel too. I probably like Brooke a bit more than you but not by much. She's never been my favorite. She'll always be ranked below Peyton, Lucas, Nathan, Haley for me but you said it... it's all about the Peyton/Brooke friendship and no matter what they've gone through they never stopped loving or caring for each other. It's been a pleasure to watch this friendship. Sometimes I want to strangle Brooke for doing or saying something out of line (in high school) but this friendship has endured because it's real.

Quote:
I'm so glad they stuck with music in Peyton as strongly as they did. Music for Peyton was like another character to connect with. Especially with all the stories that were able to be told. Opening up Tric, getting to know Ellie, her real mom. Opening up her own label and finding Mia. I mean so many things came from just her love and passion for music. So I'm just thrilled they are still having her music passion as big as they are.
Agreed. Mark was so great at maintaining these little things that make up wholeness within the character. He knew and loved his characters and nursed them along so beautifully.

Quote:
That's how real it was for Peyton. The ultimate "people always leave" story ends with her actually leaving. That's heartbreaking. She faces the prospect of leaving because of a condition she cannot control. She has something living and growing inside her body that's so innocent and yet so detrimental.
Totally. This storyline was full circle and such a big theme for Peyton. For as tough as it was to watch go down, it only evolved Peyton all the more. This storyline really started from The Pilot and was concluded in the finale of 6. It has been in the works since day 1. Beautiful!

Quote:
I never understood why they gave up Sam, or Brooke gave up Sam. I always think "they" because Brooke, Julian and Sam were kind of this make up family that really came together on, I guess, accident. Sam wasn't given to Brooke as Angie was given to Brooke. Julian and Brooke just sorta happened. I just never understood why they broke up the family unit. I mean Sam would consider Brooke and Julian's children as her own brothers and sisters. Definite connection there.
I don't get it either. It's actually a bit out of character for Sam to be so trusting of her birth mother. I mean, it's obviously very possible to develop a relationship with her birth mother so that part makes sense. But I feel like in character thing to do would have been for Sam to stay with Brooke and Julian until she graduated from high school. She could have gotten closer with her mom as well. But I found it a bit unrealistic that she'd just jump right to living with her mother like that. Do we know why she was written out? Did the actress want out? I really liked her!

Quote:
The writers put everything on the table for the characters of Lucas and Peyton Scott. The scenes are just true to everything that was said in the first season. And it's a tribute to the fans. Most fans watching these past few episodes watched the first season. Maybe they didn't watch consistently throughout the six years, but they watched. And there are so many throwbacks to Season 1, Season 2...so on and so fourth. I mean One Tree Hill writers gave the fans gifts that will live on in Tree Hill history. Season 6 was like our Peyton Box. So many memories stored in there to go back to anytime we want that has a true meaning to them.
Did I mention how beautifully you state things? Excellent thoughts, so true!

Quote:
Chad and HIlarlie know these characters, they identify these characters. And the fact that it's coming to a moment that has been long time coming.

I want you to be my wife...so powerful. I mean Lucas hasn't said wife, in that context, in like ever. He never said to Lindsey, I want you to be my wife....beucase he never meant it. So yeah, it's really important.
Absolutely.

Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, in most of One Tree Hill's seasons, there has been a major product placement advertisement that goes on. They are actually on the list for most product placements of any tv show

Season 1...Aquafina Water and Ford Motor Company (Dan's dealership)
Season 2...Cingular Wireless
Season 3...Sunkist
Season 4...Sunkist and Cingular Wireless
Season 5....The Sims game
Season 6...Duncan Donuts

not sure of the others, but yeah, it's quite noticeable with Sunkist...big orange can EVERYWHERE
I sort of noticed it but not as far as a season of... interesting! That's actually very cool!
Old 04-22-2015, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ The Hilarie/Chad picture

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I love it! They both look amazing and absolutely, so fitting that they'd be walking out together.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty
I honestly believe Peyton is the most precious and unique character to ever enter any show that I have ever seen. What a lucky kid is her kid! She will be the most wonderful/beautiful mom both in life or death. Her words and advice to her unborn child were so perfect.
Well said, agreed! I absolutely LOVE HER. Hands down, my favorite character ever! We definitely have Hilarie to thank. Hilarie was magical as Peyton Sawyer.

Quote:
Peyton's description of Brooke was so perfect...a testament to what a wonderful unique person Brooke is and a testament to how deep Peyton's love is for her.

Quote:
Giving her child an ipod with 100 songs to help when this child is sad is such a great idea! Who other than Peyton would be capable of compiling a list of songs like this?
No one!

Quote:
Peyton's thoughts are with Lucas and and how sad and lost he will feel if she dies. She not only wants to make sure that her child is okay, but that Lucas will be okay. Peyton is only thinking of her loved ones right now...not herself. What an outstanding woman.
Indeed.

Quote:
Yes, and I'm loving this redemption.

!

The thing is...why would Brooke and Victoria totally lose Sam? Yes..she won't be living with them, but her mom apparantly does not live far. Why can's Sam and Brooke keep in touch like friends?
I know, right?!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate this so much. I don't get it either. Even if Sam's now living with her bio mom certainly doesn't mean she has to lose full contact with Brooke. It doesn't make any sense to me. Sam immediately bonded with Julian and Victoria. It was made to look as if Sam was just meant to be in the Davis surroundings. It seems so off that she'd just totally break all contact. I don't get it. I also hate how Sam and Jack were just eliminated as well. We are to assume that they're together romantically or very very close friends still and always will be. But their story was just getting started! I much rather have seen Sam and Jack over Mia and Chase or even Mouth and Millie!

Quote:
Yes. Nathan has become so wise. He was right. Why spend this time arguing about stuff when Peyton and Lucas can be married. Makes total sense.

His coach is wonderful. He was right when he told Nathan to help himself a little. It was very gracious of Nathan to be so selfless, but he really could have taken some of those shots himself.
Nathan's really impressed me. What a man he's turned into. I just love him!

Quote:
Lauren is very pretty and very sweet. Skills is super sweet as well. THey make a very nice couple.
The kid is obnoxious. I have never heard of a teacher babysitting a student because his mom is drunk. This show really stretches reality a bit! lol
I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Quote:
Darn it! Only 2 more episodes with these two.

At the baby shower...I'm not sure I was too thrilled with the gift Haley gave Peyton. It is generally a very nice gift, but I believed it to be a little insensitive in this case. Haley must of realized how Peyton might react to it. There were so many other possible gifts Haley could have chosen.
I agree with you. I found it a bit odd and inappropriate. I know Haley's heart was in the right place but yes... it seemed like the timing wasn't right.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's the video that made such an uproar 6 years ago....kinda still does
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-22-2015, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There were so many tumors surrounding egg she really left. It was no secret at the time that Chad had been wanting to leave for a little while, and with contracts up, he decoded not to renew. so without Lucas Scott. You cannot have a Peyton Scott so, that was ultimately her exit too

Now a few years later she is married with a child and it al happened very shortly, within a year of her exit, so everything definitely worked out. But doesn't make the hurt feelings go away remember all the stuff that happened back then
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 04-22-2015, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Michelle thanks for the new thread!

I haven't watched Season 7 but I am not surprised that people didn't like it that much. It's not only that we can't enjoy Peyton/Lucas as couple. We also can't enjoy Haley/Lucas and Lucas/Nathan which for me is the essential of the show. This show started with Haley/Lucas friendship and one of its goals was for Nathan and Lucas to get passed their problems and become slowly but steady real brothers.

Without Chad and Hillarie you lose all of that and this is not something minor or small.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Michelle thanks for the new thread!

I haven't watched Season 7 but I am not surprised that people didn't like it that much. It's not only that we can't enjoy Peyton/Lucas as couple. We also can't enjoy Haley/Lucas and Lucas/Nathan which for me is the essential of the show. This show started with Haley/Lucas friendship and one of its goals was for Nathan and Lucas to get passed their problems and become slowly but steady real brothers.

Without Chad and Hillarie you lose all of that and this is not something minor or small.
THis is all very very true and heartbreaking that we will be without these precious relationships.

I think that for us that will continue to watch anyway...we can comment on the episodes and add our thoughts about how Lucas and Peyton might have fit into the episodes. It's just a suggestion that I will try.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

You can kind of tell she's basically saying it's out of her hands...

Gosh, she IS Peyton Sawyer.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)

You can kind of tell she's basically saying it's out of her hands...

Gosh, she IS Peyton Sawyer.
Awe...she didn't want to go!!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread