Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

View Poll Results: What Were The Three Best Episodes of Season One?
100 - Pilot 8 26.67%
101 - The Great Doctor Brown 0 0%
102 - Friendly Fire 0 0%
103 - The Kissing Bridge 0 0%
104 - Deer God 1 3.33%
105 - The Doctor is In 0 0%
106 - We Hold These Truths 0 0%
107 - Till Death Do Us Part 0 0%
108 - Turf Wars 0 0%
109 - Is There a Doctor in the House? 4 13.33%
110 - A Thanksgiving Tale 1 3.33%
111- Vegetative State 0 0%
112 - The Price of Fame 0 0%
113 - Colin the Second 0 0%
114 - Snow Job 0 0%
115 - My Funny Valentine 4 13.33%
116 - Everwood, Confidential 0 0%
117 - The Unveiling 1 3.33%
118 - The Miracle of Everwood 0 0%
119 - Moonlight Sonata 1 3.33%
120 - Episode 20 3 10.00%
121 - Fear Itself 0 0%
122 - Home 7 23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 AM
  #31
Dedicated Fan
 
Amont's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Okay, why I picked:

The Pilot
Is There a Doctor in the House?
Home
I just wanna thank you for this incredible post, Michelle! Especially the stuff about Home.. you said it a thousand times better than I ever would, but I'm thinking all the same things, so.. thanks for this It really was wonderful and heart-warming to read!
__________________
'You're right. It's my fault. I should take up football and cow tipping. Then your friends would like me and I'd be the most popular boy in the whole school!'
~ Ephram Brown
Amont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 AM
  #32
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amont (View Post)
I just wanna thank you for this incredible post, Michelle! Especially the stuff about Home.. you said it a thousand times better than I ever would, but I'm thinking all the same things, so.. thanks for this It really was wonderful and heart-warming to read!
Awe, thanks, friend.

I am so glad you are back on the board, we missed your presence! Please hang around here, you are needed!
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:49 AM
  #33
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 96,217
Hi everyone. This poll will now close on March 9 to allow more people to vote and to keep the discussions going. Thanks.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:24 AM
  #34
Supreme Fan

 
Alwayshappy's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 9,572
Voted for ''Pilot'', ''My Funny Valentine'', and ''Home''. It's been a while since I saw season 1 ( starting a rewatch atm with my BF ) but I remember these episodes sticking out. I cannot really remember why in the case of ''My Funny Valentine'', but I remember that it really got me. I choose Pilot, because it all started in that episode and the tone was set for the rest of the show, and I choose home, because of what Jerry already said...the growth in the characters
__________________
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | The Good Wife | Charmed | Veronica Mars | Damages | Brothers & Sisters | The Newsroom | One Tree Hill | Game of Thrones | Bones | The Closer | How to get away with Murder | Fringe | The OC | Desperate Housewives | Homeland | Pretty Little Liars | & more |
Xbox One Tag: Alwayshappyz | Wii U tag: Alwayshappyz
Alwayshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:43 AM
  #35
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,996
Thanks for voting, Ingmar!! My Funny Valentine stands out because it was a Fantastic Episode!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:01 AM
  #36
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Voted for ''Pilot'', ''My Funny Valentine'', and ''Home''. It's been a while since I saw season 1 ( starting a rewatch atm with my BF ) but I remember these episodes sticking out. I cannot really remember why in the case of ''My Funny Valentine'', but I remember that it really got me. I choose Pilot, because it all started in that episode and the tone was set for the rest of the show, and I choose home, because of what Jerry already said...the growth in the characters
"My Funny Valentine" was almost like a movie, it flowed so beautifully. I loved every ounce of that episode. Everwood was always so good at integrating both sadness and humor together. This episode was filled with both, it was classic Everwood.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:07 AM
  #37
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,481
Finally I'm a bit more rested to be coherent enough to explain my voting. I chose those three episodes - Pilot, The Unveiling and Home.

My post for sure can't be that detailed and good written as Michelle, but hey I will try my best .

Pilot
Usually most TV series Pilots try to set up the main story of the series so a lot of times you get too much in one episode. Most people don't feel the characters or the story right from the bat and need more episodes to warm up. Everwood didn't have that problem.

Right from the start you know the story for this show - father and son finding their way together. Right from the start you feel for Andy and how lost he is as he lost his wife, you feel for Ephram for losing his mother and you even know why he has problems with his father, you feel for Delia and how confused she is seeing her father talking to non existent person. All main characters are written wonderfully (with the exception of Bright maybe and to some extent Harold to me which needed more time so that we could know why they dislike Andy and Ephram) and you feel their vibe.

In a lot of shows the writers and the actors need time to get used to the characters, but Everwood didn't have this problem either. All those small details were just so well written - from Delia wearing baseball hat to Ephram playing piano in the end.

The Unveiling


I loved this episode for lots of reasons. First I found Julia's character really good and I was happy to see some interaction between Ephram and his mother. I also loved the way this episode was set up. It showed us a big reason for Ephram's behavior towards Andy. I gotta be honest if I've thought that one of my parents had cheated on the other I would be pretty angry myself. I also loved the way it was revealed that actually Julia was the one cheating. The episode raised also a lot of questions about infidelity and when you are justified (if you could be actually justified for infidelity). I could see the conflict in Andy - he wasn't sure himself if he wanted to taint Ephram's memory of his mother. Powerful episode and I loved all bits related to the Brown's family. Colin's sub story was interesting, but the focus for me of this episode is the Julia/Andy background history.

Home


Perfect end of the first season. Colin was big part of the story in the first season and no matter if you liked him or not he was the link between our main characters (Andy, Harold, Amy, Ephram) so to watch a 17 years old boy fighting for his life being confused and lost was moving to watch. Loved how Andy shared a memory with Julia and the car with Ephram and Delia. It was something small and yet so touching.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:54 AM
  #38
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,996
I almost voted for The Unveiling, Koni. I wish I could have had 4 choices! It was tough to narrow it down!

I believe we no longer have a tie!

Last edited by everwoodfan52; 03-06-2014 at 12:48 PM
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:31 PM
  #39
Fan Forum Star

 
Auror's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 145,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Finally I'm a bit more rested to be coherent enough to explain my voting. I chose those three episodes - Pilot, The Unveiling and Home.

My post for sure can't be that detailed and good written as Michelle, but hey I will try my best .
Not true! LOL

Quote:
Pilot
Usually most TV series Pilots try to set up the main story of the series so a lot of times you get too much in one episode. Most people don't feel the characters or the story right from the bat and need more episodes to warm up. Everwood didn't have that problem.

Right from the start you know the story for this show - father and son finding their way together. Right from the start you feel for Andy and how lost he is as he lost his wife, you feel for Ephram for losing his mother and you even know why he has problems with his father, you feel for Delia and how confused she is seeing her father talking to non existent person. All main characters are written wonderfully (with the exception of Bright maybe and to some extent Harold to me which needed more time so that we could know why they dislike Andy and Ephram) and you feel their vibe.

In a lot of shows the writers and the actors need time to get used to the characters, but Everwood didn't have this problem either. All those small details were just so well written - from Delia wearing baseball hat to Ephram playing piano in the end.

The Unveiling


I loved this episode for lots of reasons. First I found Julia's character really good and I was happy to see some interaction between Ephram and his mother. I also loved the way this episode was set up. It showed us a big reason for Ephram's behavior towards Andy. I gotta be honest if I've thought that one of my parents had cheated on the other I would be pretty angry myself. I also loved the way it was revealed that actually Julia was the one cheating. The episode raised also a lot of questions about infidelity and when you are justified (if you could be actually justified for infidelity). I could see the conflict in Andy - he wasn't sure himself if he wanted to taint Ephram's memory of his mother. Powerful episode and I loved all bits related to the Brown's family. Colin's sub story was interesting, but the focus for me of this episode is the Julia/Andy background history.

Home


Perfect end of the first season. Colin was big part of the story in the first season and no matter if you liked him or not he was the link between our main characters (Andy, Harold, Amy, Ephram) so to watch a 17 years old boy fighting for his life being confused and lost was moving to watch. Loved how Andy shared a memory with Julia and the car with Ephram and Delia. It was something small and yet so touching.
See, outstanding.

The Unveiling is one that I wanted to pick too! I honestly was ready to pick either The Unveiling or My Funny Valentine over Is There A Doctor In The House? It was tough! This season is just so good, it's so hard!

Great point about Colin. It didn't matter whether you liked or disliked him, he was a direct link to the Abbott's and Brown's. He brought them together.

I also always tear up when he's about to go under the knife. So sad. No child (and he really was just a child, if even a young teen) should have to go through that and not live to tell about it.
Auror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
  #40
Addicted Fan

 
Taryn74's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,705
The Unveiling was one of my contenders, too. Really, there are a LOT of outstanding episodes in Season 1.
__________________
"I want to be the example of what you can do, not the voice telling you who you can blame for your pain." ~ Dr. Ben Carson
Taryn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:43 AM
  #41
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Not true! LOL
Nah it is .
Quote:
See, outstanding.
Thanks!

Quote:
The Unveiling is one that I wanted to pick too! I honestly was ready to pick either The Unveiling or My Funny Valentine over Is There A Doctor In The House? It was tough! This season is just so good, it's so hard!
It's really hard. That's why I needed time to vote. I had to sort out some things in my head so to speak so that I could vote. Season 1 for me is the best season of Everwood. Season 4 comes second really close to 1, but still the first season held the real magic of the show and it's really hard to pick just three episodes. Though to be honest choosing only one episode would be even harder so at least we have this .

Quote:
Great point about Colin. It didn't matter whether you liked or disliked him, he was a direct link to the Abbott's and Brown's. He brought them together.
I think that this is what makes Everwood unique show when it comes to love story. You don't get that many shows where there is some sort of love figure (not gonna say triangle because true love triangle is when one of the protagonists is having relationship with at two other people in the same time ) and basically the minor character is what brings the two main protagonists together. It's really unique and let's be honest for the shippers it must have been so easy to hate on Colin. Also for the Ephram fans of course because Colin did some not good things to Ephram. And yet you find that a lot of fans actually liked Colin to some extent and felt for his story. That to me is amazing storytelling.

Quote:
I also always tear up when he's about to go under the knife. So sad. No child (and he really was just a child, if even a young teen) should have to go through that and not live to tell about it.
It is. That is why I always felt for this story because to me they made it really realistic. You really feel everything Colin, his friends and his family are going through. We might not agree with it, we might think that it's stupid (the ignorance of his parents for example), but yet you feel it real.

That was of course what made Everwood so good show to begin with though. The characters were alive no matter if you like or hate them.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:41 PM
  #42
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 96,217
Okay, the top three episodes of Season One are:
  1. 100 - Pilot - 8 Votes
  2. 122 - Home - 7 Votes
  3. 109 - Is There a Doctor in the House? - 4 Votes (Tie)
  4. 115 - My Funny Valentine - 4 Votes (Tie)
My thanks to everyone that participated.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:16 AM
  #43
Addicted Fan

 
Taryn74's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,705
Solid choices all around!
__________________
"I want to be the example of what you can do, not the voice telling you who you can blame for your pain." ~ Dr. Ben Carson
Taryn74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 AM
  #44
Master Fan

 
secretk's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,481
Huh I didn't even realize that we have a tie . Solid choices for sure.
__________________
I am an ancient soul in a modern body, with a futuristic state of mind.
secretk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:08 PM
  #45
Fan Forum Hero

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 50,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Huh I didn't even realize that we have a tie . Solid choices for sure.
I missed that, too.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST