Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

View Poll Results: What Were The Three Best Episodes of Season One?
100 - Pilot 8 100.00%
101 - The Great Doctor Brown 0 0%
102 - Friendly Fire 0 0%
103 - The Kissing Bridge 0 0%
104 - Deer God 1 100.00%
105 - The Doctor is In 0 0%
106 - We Hold These Truths 0 0%
107 - Till Death Do Us Part 0 0%
108 - Turf Wars 0 0%
109 - Is There a Doctor in the House? 4 100.00%
110 - A Thanksgiving Tale 1 100.00%
111- Vegetative State 0 0%
112 - The Price of Fame 0 0%
113 - Colin the Second 0 0%
114 - Snow Job 0 0%
115 - My Funny Valentine 4 100.00%
116 - Everwood, Confidential 0 0%
117 - The Unveiling 1 100.00%
118 - The Miracle of Everwood 0 0%
119 - Moonlight Sonata 1 100.00%
120 - Episode 20 3 100.00%
121 - Fear Itself 0 0%
122 - Home 7 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Who is our mystery voter? Hmmm!
I can tell you who it is. Do you want me to PM you?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I can tell you who it is. Do you want me to PM you?
If you would like, that'd be great!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread Jerry! I'm gonna need some time to vote. I like a lot the Pilot and Home, but I need to decide on the third episode that I will vote and that takes some time.

Do we plan to do such threads for the other seasons?
Old 03-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Jerry..I'd like to know! I thought it was you...Koni!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Thanks for the thread Jerry! I'm gonna need some time to vote. I like a lot the Pilot and Home, but I need to decide on the third episode that I will vote and that takes some time.

Do we plan to do such threads for the other seasons?
Yes, every season.

This is fun. Thanks again, Jerry!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Yes, Jerry..I'd like to know! I thought it was you...Koni!
Nah when I vote I prefer to explain my motivation and reasons for the voting. I think that it's better this way because the voting is transparent and clear and it doesn't like someone just clicked to do something.

So yeah after I decide which will be the third episode to get my vote I will post here .

Cool that we will have such polls for the other seasons!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Nah when I vote I prefer to explain my motivation and reasons for the voting. I think that it's better this way because the voting is transparent and clear and it doesn't like someone just clicked to do something.
Yes....I know that about you and that's why I was surprised that you voted without an explantion. It's just not your style!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes....I know that about you and that's why I was surprised that you voted without an explantion. It's just not your style!
Definitely not my style . I do have some ideas who might be though.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Okay, why I picked:

The Pilot

Hands down, the very best Pilot I've ever seen. I have never seen a better Pilot on any other show. This one is the very best. Everything about it, the writing, acting, music, story, direction, everything comes together so beautifully. You just knew you had a winning show with this episode. How could you not? It had absolutely everything. Julia's death just hits you like a tornado, you instantly fall in love with the Brown family wondering how they are going to cope with the loss of their everything, mother and wife. The Browns start from the very bottom. You want to instantly cheer for them, you see the delicate and troubled relationship between Andy and Ephram, you see there's a huge story developing between Ephram and Amy with Greg and Emily lighting it up together magically. There is so much to cheer for but you know no matter what, it is going to be a long, dark ride with very realistic moments and stories. You receive this knowledge just based on the masterpiece known as the Everwood Pilot.

Everwood Pilot... the very best opening episode, past, present and future.

For my second one, I had to simply quote what I wrote for the recent rewatch. I just love this episode so much I had to mention everything I witnessed while recently watching this fabulous episode.

Is There a Doctor in the House?

I love Andy's epiphany about pop tarts really just being cookies. lol

Repeating what I said in 1.9, Jacob is annoying and entirely out of line. I can't believe Ephram is stupid enough to go along with it either. How rude of him to come into Andy's home, attempt to take Ephram back to NY with him. He strolls into the kitchen, Andy's kitchen, in front of his very own Granddaughter who is witnessing this, all excited that Ephram's old school will take him back. This is absolutely ridiculous. Just like Ephram and Madison put Delia through unnecessary stress and tension in season 2, in season 1 her very own Grandfather and Ephram are doing the same thing during these back to back episodes. The poor girl loses her mom, sees her father talking with her ghost, isn't that enough to have to deal with? Seriously, poor Delia.

Ha, Edna not loving her birthday is hilarious.

It's very telling how Andy runs to Nina when he has issues. More and more, you see these two growing closer.

Bright loving SpongeBob makes me like Bright so much. lol

Harold getting a kick out of the birthday party for Edna is hilarious.

Ephram bothered me in this episode concerning Andy. I don't like how he interrupts Andy when he was trying to talk to Ephram before the party about NY. Ephram was rude and disrespectful. That is your father. You don't talk through him or dictate when you discuss something. I don't like that at all. Andy is far from a perfect father but Andy is going through internal hell over Ephram possibly going back to NY. Deep down you know Ephram understands this. Yet he still was a disrespectful brat to him before the party.

Delia is so cute answering the door for the Abbott's and her crush on Bright is adorable.

Amy tries so hard to make up with Ephram and he won't bite right away. So cute how much she cares. I love Ephram/Amy tension though. I love it, I eat it up. Great moments when there's tension in this episode. So much chemistry flying around everywhere.

I have always found this episode to be "the episode" for the two main romantic pairings, Ephram/Amy and Andy/Nina. Notice what goes on with the two pairings at the party... huge, enormous, massive parallel taking place. You have both pairings fully acting like, well, "pairings" and you see it plain as day. Berlanti made such a special point in making it clear in this very episode. Thank you, Berlanti for reassuring all the dieharders that these two would be endgame.

I am just astounded over Jacob and Ruth thinking it would be okay to return Ephram to NY. They both have rocks for brains. Yes, the best plan is ripping Ephram away from his father and sister. What about Delia again? Are they not thinking of how much pain she'd be in if she wasn't living with her brother? This situation is so dumb, it really is. Jacob and Ruth are wrong and annoying, Ephram is dumb for even threatening it, especially since he's only upset over the girl he is falling in love with in Amy. Crazy, stupid situation.

Oh Ephram, you are not cool in this episode at all even if I still love you. You fight and yell and carry on, ruining a party. Andy wanted to talk about NY before the party but Ephram dictated that not happening and now during the party when Andy wisely said they will talk about things when Ephram has calmed down, Ephram only gets more heated up and causes drama and loudness in front of everyone. The only good thing about this moment was Berlanti making it a point to show the Andy/Ephram fight with Nina/Amy looking at them at the same time next to each other at the stairs. Once again, it was showing in bright colors that there's an Ephram/Amy and Andy/Nina romantic endgame parallel. That is awesome stuff. What is not awesome is Delia finding out during the fight that her brother might be leaving. I will say it again, poor Delia.

I love Andy and Harold working together figuring out the Bright situation.

Quote:
Harold: Irv is the plow.

Delia telling Ephram he's not too big, he fits in Everwood was so adorable and so wise. Amazing how the little girl who shouldn't know anything knows absolutely everything.

Andy/Nina are so remarkable. Nina, you are so good for Andy. They are so great for each other. I love when Nina tells him he's being an idiot. Nina's speech about there lacking dignity in being a parent is precious. Stephanie knocked this scene out of the park.

Ohhhh the perfect Ephram and Amy scene outside in the snow. Notice how the scenes go... Andy/Nina scene with Nina helping Andy, followed by the Ephram/Amy scene with Amy helping Ephram. Berlanti was a genius showing us the two endgame pairings in such a distinct way.

The Ephram/Amy snow scene is just gorgeous. Amy is so kind, loving and caring. She even asks Ephram if she is allowed to sit next to him. Amy telling Ephram of course she would have an opinion about him leaving in such a blunt way was outstanding. See, here Ephram admits to Amy this is why he wanted to go to NY... Amy. This scene is crystal clear for Ephram, it was all about Amy. You see that in 1.9 but you really see it conclusively in 1.10 during this snow scene. He is upset over her and says as much in this scene. I love how comforting and reassuring Amy is. She 100% apologized to him. Also, notice how she mentions Colin and then in the very next breath, she nervously asks Ephram if he's really going to go back to NY. It is showing how her mind transitions from Colin to Ephram. She knows deep down it's Colin in the past, Ephram in the present and future. I love how she tells Ephram that Evewood has really good snow. Her pitch to keep him in Everwood, awe. Their intense eye contact... incredible. Chemistry is flying everywhere. They are so cute. What a pairing and love story.

I love how Andy demands to talk to Jacob. Finally. It's about time he yells at that annoying idiot. Jacob is such an ass. He tells Andy he's only a half a person? What a prick.

Poor Bright. I love seeing Harold and Edna's concern.

Adorable Amy/Delia scene! Amy seriously rocked in this episode. She's saving, comforting Ephram, she's comforting his sister who is scared and worried. This scene between Amy and Delia is just beautiful. I love how honest Delia is when Amy's asks her if she's okay and she says she doesn't know. That shows how much Delia trusts Amy. I love it. I love them.

Harold telling Bright that story while Andy operates is so adorable. Harold stroking his hair is so touching.

Andy's speech to Ephram (Nina wrote it) is amazing. It's so perfect. So, so perfect.

Edna/Bright/Delia in the hospital = adorable.

The famous scene... Amy takes off Ephram's ear thingys. I love how she spins around in the chair acting like she didn't do it, awe. So, so cute. There's Amy apologizing to Ephram once again. More adorable. Amy is so excited when he tells her he's staying. I love it.

Quote:
Amy: I thought New York had everything?

Ephram: Just about.

The eye contact, the amazing eye contact. Look at how Amy just lingers looking at Ephram after he says that line. She is gazing at him, she knows he's staying for her, for them, she loves it so much. C H E M I S T R Y.

To me... the snow represented Julia in this episode and Jacob talking about Julia, clinches it for me.

Snow was everywhere in this episode... snow was Julia in this episode.

To give one reason why I picked this episode would be because of how Berlanti drew that parallel between Andy/Nina and Ephram/Amy. You saw and felt it so clearly that these two couples were IT. I loved how he integrated this so perfectly. It felt refreshing given what I had just witnessed on Dawson's Creek and the triangle from hell. Every ounce of confusion Dawson's Creek had, Everwood was crystal clear. I loved that major difference. I was so ready to move on from Creek once I held on tightly to Everwood.

Home

What really can you say about this episode without almost feeling like you are not doing it justice? It is so good, you pretty much have to experience it to understand just how good it is. Everything about it is phenomenal. You saw how Berlanti really did have a beginning and end to season 1. So much sort of concludes in this one, but then again as it concludes you also see new beginnings as well. This episode is one that I cannot even remotely be sad while watching or else I will not be able to get through it. There is so much deep emotion and intensity in this one, I simply have to be in the mood or else I can't handle it.

The famous Ephram/Amy scene is the best, simply the best, I love these two more than any other couple in history of my TV watching...

Quote:
Amy: I thought you'd be in New York already.
Ephram: I think I'm gonna skip New York this year. I mean, it's the worst time to go anyway.
Amy: Really? I didn't know that.
Ephram: Yeah, it's super humid. Maybe for Christmas.
Amy: Yea, it'd probably be nice to be home for the holidays.
Ephram: Yea, maybe, but...
Amy: But what?
Ephram: I am home.
The chemistry, the believability, the love and caring, the connection, oh the connection, the magical love story, the meant to be tag that is never leaving them, it was all there. These two are the best. Thank you, Berlanti, for giving me Greg/Emily as Ephram/Amy. This pairing is like no other. Thank you.

On the table, Colin counts backwards from 10. He falls asleep after uttering '7.'

... the scene fades and transitions to the shuffling feet of Andy's through the hall leading towards the waiting room.

... the credits rolled and viewers in May of 2003 had to wait four months for the fate of Colin Hart.

"This is the story of Colin Hart. And Andy Brown. It's the story of a town that lost its center and strove to regain it. This is the story of Everwood."

The best season finale I've ever seen. I almost felt like I needed to pay something to watch this one, it was so good. It is priceless, leaving you with so many emotional feelings. That is why Everwood is like no other... so moving and that precious gem you will never find anywhere else.

Last edited by jediwands; 03-03-2014 at 11:06 AM
Old 03-03-2014, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
The 80s

Thanks for the thread! I love polls! Let me clarify that. I am obsessed with polls. Lol. Making them and participating.

Picking only three is tough.

Pilot - Like many who have picked this one, I thought it was amongst the best, if not the best, pilot I have ever seen. It sets the groundwork and lays the foundation to what makes Everwood so great. It was so incredibly appealing and charming, with great characters, great actors, wonderful scenery, and a nice touch of whimsy to it. It was just an all around spectacular episode and introduction.

Is There A Doctor In The House? - There are some episodes that you love, but you can never quite put into the right words why. I have just always loved this one. I like how the whole cast were together and, of course, Bright.

Episode 20 - It was a tough subject to do, but Everwood pulled it off in an honest and wonderful way. I liked how the whole thing played out. It was well thought out, written and acted.

The hard part about picking your top picks for anything is that, when you have something great like Everwood, there are so many choices, and your top choices can easily change from time to time.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/
Barrybgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Season 1 is so tough because the entire season is sooooooooooooooooo good. Quality off the charts. So many episodes could be considered a top 3. I was thinking of Episode 20, too. Another one was The Unveiling. Vegetative State was fabulous, My Funny Valentine was gorgeous, Friendly Fire was adorable, We Hold These Truths was so important, and yes, I could list the entire season.

Oh yes, this season was one of a kind. Really, the best season of TV I've ever seen.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Administrator

I voted for the following episodes:
  • Pilot - This was the best inaugural episode for a television show that I’ve ever seen, and it set the tone for the entire series, as we saw the devastating impact that the loss of Julia had on Andy Brown and his family, and how he was overcome with guilt and remorse for neglecting her and their family together, and we saw how his decision to honor her memory took a shocking turn as he uprooted his family from their life in New York City and relocated them to Everwood, an idyllic but provincial small town with judgmental people. I especially liked seeing the open conflict and mutual resentment that Ephram and Andy had toward each other, and we could see that this fractured family was going to struggle a lot before they would find any peace.
  • Episode 20 – I loved seeing the role reversal in the episode as the normally liberal Andy refused to perform an abortion, while the normally conservative and judgmental Harold ended up performing the abortion, because his father had done that. I also liked how Amy comforted Ephram against Colin’s wishes.
  • Home – I thought that this was an incredible episode as we saw how much progress that Ephram and Andy had made in their relationship, and I loved seeing how Ephram was there for his father as he prepared to operate on Colin again. I especially loved how Ephram told Amy that Everwood was his home now, and while that was largely due to her, it just showed how much he had grown up over the last year.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

I voted, but I'm too tired now (couldn't sleep last night) so I will post later or tomorrow why I chose the episodes I did. So expect more detailed post from me later .
Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We're going to need more voters because we have a tie for the 3rd choice.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
We're going to need more voters because we have a tie for the 3rd choice.
If there ends up being a tie, it's okay, and we can include all the choices in the final poll. I do hope that more people vote though.

Reply   Post New Thread