Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 12:42 PM
  #46
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,468
Chesapeake Shores
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:42 AM
  #47
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 76,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Absolutely.
Still one of my favourite bands
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:31 AM
  #48
Dedicated Fan
 
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Thanks for the link! Looks good!
I like the natural, relaxing, and simple-but-honest vibe this show has. The B&B's chairman and staff (Hyori Lee and IU) are actually superstars in my country, but the way they show their daily lives are very down-to-earth. The show is a big pleasure for me since I'm a big fan of both. The stories of the guests are never different from those of us as well. The reality show became a success, having gained sympathy from viewers even after it ended. I'm not sure if it suits your taste, but I think it's worth watching, espacially when you're sometimes stressed out because of the reality you face.
jemappellealvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:36 PM
  #49
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Still one of my favourite bands
Me too. When they first got started I was in love, lol.
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:38 PM
  #50
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemappellealvin (View Post)
I like the natural, relaxing, and simple-but-honest vibe this show has. The B&B's chairman and staff (Hyori Lee and IU) are actually superstars in my country, but the way they show their daily lives are very down-to-earth. The show is a big pleasure for me since I'm a big fan of both. The stories of the guests are never different from those of us as well. The reality show became a success, having gained sympathy from viewers even after it ended. I'm not sure if it suits your taste, but I think it's worth watching, espacially when you're sometimes stressed out because of the reality you face.
Sounds really lovely. I am looking for that natural, relaxing, honest type of show. I will try and track down the series.

I don't think I ever asked you... I might have but don't remember... how did you find Everwood?
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:39 PM
  #51
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,468
NHL Show
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:26 AM
  #52
Fan Forum Hero

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 76,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Me too. When they first got started I was in love, lol.
Yeah, they were one of the first albums I bought myself
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:40 AM
  #53
Dedicated Fan
 
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Sounds really lovely. I am looking for that natural, relaxing, honest type of show. I will try and track down the series.

I don't think I ever asked you... I might have but don't remember... how did you find Everwood?
I guess I forgot something to say. All the episodes are available on Nexfilx now, but Netflix doesn't support English subs for the show yet. Instead, I'd like to recommend legal share sites like OnDemandKorea. It'd be good if you give it a try any time you can afford to watch the series someday. It'll make you feel like you also are one of the guests.

13 years ago, when I was a middle school student, I turned on the TV after coming back home, as usual. While changing channels back and forth, I suddenly faced a quarrel scene between a father and a son. Later I found out the scene was from the episode "The Great Doctor Brown". To be honest, Greg was the very first to meet my eyes at that moment. It was like "Who's that guy? I've never seen such a handsome son being angry at his father!" lol Yes, I was shocked at his appearance. It took a long time to realize Ephram used to be Alan Abernathy. Anyway, I became curious about who the guy is and that was how I found Everwood. Coincidentally, it happened on my birthday, so I still consider that moment some kind of birthday gift for me.
jemappellealvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:36 PM
  #54
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, they were one of the first albums I bought myself
Me too!
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:39 PM
  #55
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemappellealvin (View Post)
I guess I forgot something to say. All the episodes are available on Nexfilx now, but Netflix doesn't support English subs for the show yet. Instead, I'd like to recommend legal share sites like OnDemandKorea. It'd be good if you give it a try any time you can afford to watch the series someday. It'll make you feel like you also are one of the guests.
Thanks for the recommendation. I am definitely going to check it out!

Quote:
13 years ago, when I was a middle school student, I turned on the TV after coming back home, as usual. While changing channels back and forth, I suddenly faced a quarrel scene between a father and a son. Later I found out the scene was from the episode "The Great Doctor Brown". To be honest, Greg was the very first to meet my eyes at that moment. It was like "Who's that guy? I've never seen such a handsome son being angry at his father!" lol Yes, I was shocked at his appearance. It took a long time to realize Ephram used to be Alan Abernathy. Anyway, I became curious about who the guy is and that was how I found Everwood. Coincidentally, it happened on my birthday, so I still consider that moment some kind of birthday gift for me.
Awe, what a story. It really was meant to be. For you to find Greg/the show on your birthday too? Seriously, meant to be. What episode was it that you first watched? Did you immediately go back and watch the episodes you missed or what was your journey like?
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:03 PM
  #56
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 43,660
Murder She Wrote
__________________
"The harder you work and the more prepared you are for something, you're going to be able to persevere through anything."—Carli Lloyd
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:11 PM
  #57
Administrator
 
Jerry D's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
 
Joined: Jan 1999
Posts: 89,579
I heard that This Is Us is really good, but it's emotionally wrenching.
__________________
The energy, the faith, the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it - and the glow from that fire can truly light the world. - John F. Kennedy

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:18 PM
  #58
Elite Fan

 
everwoodfan52's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 43,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I heard that This Is Us is really good, but it's emotionally wrenching.
It's wonderful! You would love it.
__________________
"The harder you work and the more prepared you are for something, you're going to be able to persevere through anything."—Carli Lloyd
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:41 PM
  #59
Fan Forum Hero

 
The Apt's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Everwood
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 85,468
NFL Post-Game
The Apt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 09:30 AM
  #60
Dedicated Fan
 
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Awe, what a story. It really was meant to be. For you to find Greg/the show on your birthday too? Seriously, meant to be. What episode was it that you first watched? Did you immediately go back and watch the episodes you missed or what was your journey like?
Never imagined such a coincidence would happen to me. Back then (in autumn 13 years ago) in my country, Everwood (S1 only) was broadcast on Educational Broadcasting System (EBS), under the title of "Everwood, the Town of Love". The network aired S1 by splitting every episode into two parts. The quarrel scene was in the second part, and that was where my journey began.

At first, I just watched the rest of S1 since I thought there would be no re-run at all. However, I found out this was actually a re-run. It's been said the time slot was at midnight when the show aired for the first time (in spring of the same year), and that led to a lot of complaints from the viewers. Later, I had a chance to watch another re-run in the following year. I began from the episode "The Kissing Bridge", thus still not knowing about the existence of the "Pilot" episode then. lol

When it comes to the next two seasons, both was broadcast, being dubbed in Korean. It was a fresh experience to me since I was interested in voice actors at that time. Also, I was curious about what it would sound like if I watch Everwood dubbed in my native language. So sad to know the network stopped airing the show after S3. It took a very long time to watch the full series but I'm glad that I did it.
jemappellealvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Emily VanCamp France, Emily Vancamp Source, Daily Emily VanCamp, Emily VamCamp Web
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:31 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.