Old 10-03-2017, 11:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Chesapeake Shores
Old 10-04-2017, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Absolutely.
Still one of my favourite bands
Old 10-04-2017, 03:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the link! Looks good!
I like the natural, relaxing, and simple-but-honest vibe this show has. The B&B's chairman and staff (Hyori Lee and IU) are actually superstars in my country, but the way they show their daily lives are very down-to-earth. The show is a big pleasure for me since I'm a big fan of both. The stories of the guests are never different from those of us as well. The reality show became a success, having gained sympathy from viewers even after it ended. I'm not sure if it suits your taste, but I think it's worth watching, espacially when you're sometimes stressed out because of the reality you face.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Still one of my favourite bands
Me too. When they first got started I was in love, lol.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemappellealvin (View Post)
I like the natural, relaxing, and simple-but-honest vibe this show has. The B&B's chairman and staff (Hyori Lee and IU) are actually superstars in my country, but the way they show their daily lives are very down-to-earth. The show is a big pleasure for me since I'm a big fan of both. The stories of the guests are never different from those of us as well. The reality show became a success, having gained sympathy from viewers even after it ended. I'm not sure if it suits your taste, but I think it's worth watching, espacially when you're sometimes stressed out because of the reality you face.
Sounds really lovely. I am looking for that natural, relaxing, honest type of show. I will try and track down the series.

I don't think I ever asked you... I might have but don't remember... how did you find Everwood?
Old 10-04-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

NHL Show
Old 10-05-2017, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Me too. When they first got started I was in love, lol.
Yeah, they were one of the first albums I bought myself
Old 10-05-2017, 07:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Sounds really lovely. I am looking for that natural, relaxing, honest type of show. I will try and track down the series.

I don't think I ever asked you... I might have but don't remember... how did you find Everwood?
I guess I forgot something to say. All the episodes are available on Nexfilx now, but Netflix doesn't support English subs for the show yet. Instead, I'd like to recommend legal share sites like OnDemandKorea. It'd be good if you give it a try any time you can afford to watch the series someday. It'll make you feel like you also are one of the guests.

13 years ago, when I was a middle school student, I turned on the TV after coming back home, as usual. While changing channels back and forth, I suddenly faced a quarrel scene between a father and a son. Later I found out the scene was from the episode "The Great Doctor Brown". To be honest, Greg was the very first to meet my eyes at that moment. It was like "Who's that guy? I've never seen such a handsome son being angry at his father!" lol Yes, I was shocked at his appearance. It took a long time to realize Ephram used to be Alan Abernathy. Anyway, I became curious about who the guy is and that was how I found Everwood. Coincidentally, it happened on my birthday, so I still consider that moment some kind of birthday gift for me.
Old 10-05-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah, they were one of the first albums I bought myself
Me too!
Old 10-05-2017, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemappellealvin (View Post)
I guess I forgot something to say. All the episodes are available on Nexfilx now, but Netflix doesn't support English subs for the show yet. Instead, I'd like to recommend legal share sites like OnDemandKorea. It'd be good if you give it a try any time you can afford to watch the series someday. It'll make you feel like you also are one of the guests.
Thanks for the recommendation. I am definitely going to check it out!

Quote:
13 years ago, when I was a middle school student, I turned on the TV after coming back home, as usual. While changing channels back and forth, I suddenly faced a quarrel scene between a father and a son. Later I found out the scene was from the episode "The Great Doctor Brown". To be honest, Greg was the very first to meet my eyes at that moment. It was like "Who's that guy? I've never seen such a handsome son being angry at his father!" lol Yes, I was shocked at his appearance. It took a long time to realize Ephram used to be Alan Abernathy. Anyway, I became curious about who the guy is and that was how I found Everwood. Coincidentally, it happened on my birthday, so I still consider that moment some kind of birthday gift for me.
Awe, what a story. It really was meant to be. For you to find Greg/the show on your birthday too? Seriously, meant to be. What episode was it that you first watched? Did you immediately go back and watch the episodes you missed or what was your journey like?
Old 10-05-2017, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Murder She Wrote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Administrator

I heard that This Is Us is really good, but it's emotionally wrenching.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 10-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I heard that This Is Us is really good, but it's emotionally wrenching.
It's wonderful! You would love it.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

NFL Post-Game
Old 10-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Awe, what a story. It really was meant to be. For you to find Greg/the show on your birthday too? Seriously, meant to be. What episode was it that you first watched? Did you immediately go back and watch the episodes you missed or what was your journey like?
Never imagined such a coincidence would happen to me. Back then (in autumn 13 years ago) in my country, Everwood (S1 only) was broadcast on Educational Broadcasting System (EBS), under the title of "Everwood, the Town of Love". The network aired S1 by splitting every episode into two parts. The quarrel scene was in the second part, and that was where my journey began.

At first, I just watched the rest of S1 since I thought there would be no re-run at all. However, I found out this was actually a re-run. It's been said the time slot was at midnight when the show aired for the first time (in spring of the same year), and that led to a lot of complaints from the viewers. Later, I had a chance to watch another re-run in the following year. I began from the episode "The Kissing Bridge", thus still not knowing about the existence of the "Pilot" episode then. lol

When it comes to the next two seasons, both was broadcast, being dubbed in Korean. It was a fresh experience to me since I was interested in voice actors at that time. Also, I was curious about what it would sound like if I watch Everwood dubbed in my native language. So sad to know the network stopped airing the show after S3. It took a very long time to watch the full series but I'm glad that I did it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread