Moderator of ...
Everwood

Everybody Loves Raymond
Old 07-05-2018, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Prison Break
Old 07-05-2018, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Book 4 was written after the show came out, so its possible that the author was inspired with Clarke's bisexuality and decided to do that storyline for Octavia. But its also possible she always had it in her mind, or came up with it later on on her own. Like I said before, Octavia was a side character for the most part in the books so I think the decisions to make her bisexual came later on and it was easy to do since she hadn't had a set heterosexual romance at that point.

It was obvious she wanted BC in the books from the start so I dont think she had any plans of making Clarke bisexual. The show writers though seem pretty wishy washy with what they want and I think they wanted to make Clarke bisexual to give more representation on the show. Because we didnt really find out that Clarke WAS bisexual until what, 301 when she had that sex scene with Nylah. As much as I love that clarke is bi, it was still dropped in there to make the clexa thing make sense imo.

I dont understand why they killed Wells so early. I think they wanted a "shocking" death and they also felt like they didnt know where to go with Wells storyline. Since Wells and Bellamy are brothers in the book (and to my knowledge they are both white males there) maybe the writers felt like their personalities would be too similar. or that Wells/Finn would be too similar as the "nice guys" and it was one less person to write for? I dont know, i dont really get it. I think a lot could have been done with Wells and it would have been nice toes Clarke and Wells as best friends. Not to mention killing one of the only black characters rubbed me the wrong way completely.

I'm watching Switched at Birth, I only have 3 episodes left of the entire series. Want to finish it tomorrow.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Book 4 was written after the show came out, so its possible that the author was inspired with Clarke's bisexuality and decided to do that storyline for Octavia. But its also possible she always had it in her mind, or came up with it later on on her own. Like I said before, Octavia was a side character for the most part in the books so I think the decisions to make her bisexual came later on and it was easy to do since she hadn't had a set heterosexual romance at that point.

It was obvious she wanted BC in the books from the start so I dont think she had any plans of making Clarke bisexual. The show writers though seem pretty wishy washy with what they want and I think they wanted to make Clarke bisexual to give more representation on the show. Because we didnt really find out that Clarke WAS bisexual until what, 301 when she had that sex scene with Nylah. As much as I love that clarke is bi, it was still dropped in there to make the clexa thing make sense imo.

I dont understand why they killed Wells so early. I think they wanted a "shocking" death and they also felt like they didnt know where to go with Wells storyline. Since Wells and Bellamy are brothers in the book (and to my knowledge they are both white males there) maybe the writers felt like their personalities would be too similar. or that Wells/Finn would be too similar as the "nice guys" and it was one less person to write for? I dont know, i dont really get it. I think a lot could have been done with Wells and it would have been nice toes Clarke and Wells as best friends. Not to mention killing one of the only black characters rubbed me the wrong way completely.

I'm watching Switched at Birth, I only have 3 episodes left of the entire series. Want to finish it tomorrow.
Okay, do you think they should have stuck with Octavia being bisexual instead of Clarke? The writers making Clarke bi for that reason wouldn't surprise me either.

Are Wells and Bellamy similar characters in the books? I would have preferred to have seen Finn die earlier instead of Wells lol.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Okay, do you think they should have stuck with Octavia being bisexual instead of Clarke? The writers making Clarke bi for that reason wouldn't surprise me either.

Are Wells and Bellamy similar characters in the books? I would have preferred to have seen Finn die earlier instead of Wells lol.
Lol me too. Finn and Jaha for me could have died immediately.

Thanks for the information, Alexa! I like how Clarke’s sexuality has been portrayed. I like how it doesn’t matter, it is natural... since it IS natural. That said, it is pretty lame if they went there for Clexa alone.

You mentioned Bellamy and Wells were brothers... did Wells and Octavia have a sibling bond too?

I’m watching Sportscenter.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
Lol me too. Finn and Jaha for me could have died immediately.

Thanks for the information, Alexa! I like how Clarke’s sexuality has been portrayed. I like how it doesn’t matter, it is natural... since it IS natural. That said, it is pretty lame if they went there for Clexa alone.

You mentioned Bellamy and Wells were brothers... did Wells and Octavia have a sibling bond too?

I’m watching Sportscenter.
I definitely wouldn't have lost any sleep over that lol

It has been nicely portrayed, that's for sure.

V8 Supercars
Old 07-05-2018, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I definitely wouldn't have lost any sleep over that lol

It has been nicely portrayed, that's for sure.

V8 Supercars
Right, lol.

Golf
Old 07-05-2018, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Right, lol.

Golf
Yep

The Simpsons
Old 07-06-2018, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Sportscenter
Old 07-06-2018, 03:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Panthers vs Warriors
Old 07-06-2018, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wimbledon
Old 07-06-2018, 04:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wimbledon
Me, too!
What a comeback from Madison Keys!
Old 07-06-2018, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by everwoodfan52 (View Post)
Me, too!
What a comeback from Madison Keys!
Yes!

Watching Fritz too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread